Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] NeuCoin - Easy to use, free to try, focused on micropayments - Official - page 96. (Read 196191 times)

Activity: 20
Merit: 0
Wait, are you saying that if people invest in these growth funds, they can't even get their principal back at all until the term is over?

Not exactly. My understanding is that if you cancel before the term is up you lose the staking rewards. You would get your principal back.

Like I've said from the beginning posting here. I've always felt this is likely a PnD. The questions that I'd like to have answered are "how many insiders are there?" and "how much will they need to earn before they let the value crash?"

I count 50 "insiders" on the website, but let's assume 25 more. There can't be too many or things would be too diluted. Probably impossible to know how much money they'd need to make, but it would probably need to be significant, leading to an initial high price spike for Neucoin. If they haven't cashed out by the time the survey coins are released, buy the survey coins that appear on the market using pre-sale funds to create artificial demand, and then do the big dump of the 4% sale-restricted coins.

Given the way things are structured as has been mentioned here it will likely be hard to pin much of this on anyone from the Neucoin team.

Another reason why they don't care much about what bitcointalk thinks about them, and why Sandrine, after missing every commitment made, comes here and gloats about being late, is that bitcointalk isn't even close to their target market. Their target market are people who are new to crypto, and who think that the bunch of rich people that are listed on the Neucoin website are onto something, and want to get in on part of the action.

Coming soon, they'll announce an exchange that will be ready at launch. That piece really has to be there for any of their plan to work.

legendary
Activity: 1302
Merit: 1008
Core dev leaves me neg feedback #abuse #political
What will happen with the price I wonder if it gets on an exchange?

With low volume, nokoin team can pump the price high in hopes of attracting more
people.

My guess is all the people who lock their coins up in growth accounts end up bag-holding. New people buying in upon release will be convinced that their investment will grow that much in those time periods. What they'll fail to understand is that it's not the value of the investment that's growing, it's the number of coins that are growing. The people locking in for long-term growth accounts will also be creating a lot of the demand on the exchanges as they sink more money in.

• 3 months, 20 %
  • 1 year, 100 %
  • 5 years, 1600%

Something like that is what the growth accounts earn.

Very few things motivate like greed. I can see a ton of people going for the 5 year accounts, and even more going for the 1 year accounts, effectively making those coins worthless. Many of the pre-sale idiots will be all over that. If people cash out early they lose all staking rewards. I'd also expect "technical difficulties" that delay people who decide to cash out of a growth account early, slowing their ability to dump them on the market.

My guess, if this is a PnD, is that it plays out mostly before the survey coins are released, so the high will be reached sometime before roughly 10/31. In other words, I'm sure they expect that both supporters and detractors have survey coins coming, and would rightfully expect that a bunch of survey coins will be immediately dumped.

Expect a ton of communication all of a sudden from the Neucoin team, seed, and angel investors upon release and throughout the 1st month.

Also, another very real possibility is that the pre-sale funds will be used to buy up the survey coins that hit the market once they're distributed, creating an illusion of demand. This might be what happens, because then we'd be looking at 4% of all of the sale-restricted stuff being available for dumping at that point in time.

I'm thinking they're not going for a .01, .05, or even .15 value...they're swinging for the fences during the 1st month.

Wait, are you saying that if people invest in these growth funds, they can't even get their principal back at all until the term is over?
legendary
Foundations and council members:

NEUCOIN CODE FOUNDATION

Jonathan Yves Jean Gnassia

Mael Benjamin Nison

Sylvain Kauphy Roger Laurent

NEUCOIN GROWTH FOUNDATION

Sandrine Jacqueline Ayral

Mael Benjamin Nison

Ludovic Pierre Pouvreau

NEUCOIN UTILITY FOUNDATION

Ludovic Pierre Pouvreau

https://www.gov.im/lib/docs/ded/companies/companiesReg/Foundations/foundationsactregister.pdf

4 people control all 3 "foundations".  Why am I not the slightest bit surprised?
Activity: 630
Merit: 500
Foundations and council members:

NEUCOIN CODE FOUNDATION

Mael Benjamin Nison

NEUCOIN GROWTH FOUNDATION

Sandrine Jacqueline Ayral

Mael Benjamin Nison

Ludovic Pierre Pouvreau

NEUCOIN UTILITY FOUNDATION

Ludovic Pierre Pouvreau

https://www.gov.im/lib/docs/ded/companies/companiesReg/Foundations/foundationsactregister.pdf
Activity: 20

With low volume, nokoin team can pump the price high in hopes of attracting more
people.

My guess is all the people who lock their coins up in growth accounts end up bag-holding. New people buying in upon release will be convinced that their investment will grow that much in those time periods. What they'll fail to understand is that it's not the value of the investment that's growing, it's the number of coins that are growing. The people locking in for long-term growth accounts will also be creating a lot of the demand on the exchanges as they sink more money in.

• 3 months, 20 %
  • 1 year, 100 %
  • 5 years, 1600%

Something like that is what the growth accounts earn.

Very few things motivate like greed. I can see a ton of people going for the 5 year accounts, and even more going for the 1 year accounts, effectively making those coins worthless. Many of the pre-sale idiots will be all over that. If people cash out early they lose all staking rewards. I'd also expect "technical difficulties" that delay people who decide to cash out of a growth account early, slowing their ability to dump them on the market.

My guess, if this is a PnD, is that it plays out mostly before the survey coins are released, so the high will be reached sometime before roughly 10/31. In other words, I'm sure they expect that both supporters and detractors have survey coins coming, and would rightfully expect that a bunch of survey coins will be immediately dumped.

Expect a ton of communication all of a sudden from the Neucoin team, seed, and angel investors upon release and throughout the 1st month.

Also, another very real possibility is that the pre-sale funds will be used to buy up the survey coins that hit the market once they're distributed, creating an illusion of demand. This might be what happens, because then we'd be looking at 4% of all of the sale-restricted stuff being available for dumping at that point in time.

I'm thinking they're not going for a .01, .05, or even .15 value...they're swinging for the fences during the 1st month.
legendary
Activity: 2338
Merit: 1124
I hadn’t looked at this thread since the presale 4 months ago -  [big snip]

Muahahahaha....
legendary
I invested in the neucoin presale because I believe in the team and angels behind neucoin. They have more business experience than what I see behind any other crypto project.

I just tried out the Myneucoin beta and it’s awesome. Better experience for regular users than any crypto wallet that I have ever seen.

I hadn’t looked at this thread since the presale 4 months ago - and holy shit are you kidding me?! This thread was at page 18 when the presale ended and it’s now at 53. 35 pages of bullshit, just Rizzlarolla, Scam Confirmed, Gekko, Liqio, Jonald, RealMalatesta stroking each other and ganging up on anybody trying to defend NeuCoin.

Rizzlarolla - your profile was created on april 15, two weeks before Neucoin presale. You’ve made 146 posts on bitcointalk - and every single one of them was on the NeuCoin thread! Nothing else! Way to stay focused! Congrats - you are Neucoin’s #1 biggest poster!

“Scam Confirmed” - you joined bitcointalk just after Rizz, on April 25, just 3 days before the presale. You’ve only made 83 posts on bitcointalk but of course all on Neucoin thread. You are NeuCoin’s second biggest poster!

rizz-and-scam - you two together account for nearly 50% of all Neucoin posts!
But wait.. you obviously aren’t two real people. But who are you? Liqio? Gekko? Jonald?

Gekko - you are a psychotic freakshow. Scary. Some advice: sell your last ALTs and buy meds. The world will thank you.

Liqio - you’ve made 586 posts on altcoin threads since you joined bitcointalk on nov 21, 2013 - just at the peak of btc and altcoin prices. How is this investment of time paying off for you?

Jonald - you joined bitcointalk in march 2014 and you’ve been online for over 79 DAYS. Are you actually Gollum?

RealMalatesta - you’re like some creepy detective Encylopedia Brown, who works on cases like “who stole the baby tooth?!” - but Encyclopedia was only 10 years old and wasn’t creepy - maybe it’s time you got a job and moved out from grandma’s?

Do any of you guys have lives? Jobs? Families? Things you like to do for fun other than bash others? Seriously hard to imagine how or why you could have spent so much time here.

Dan K. is that you?

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

anyway good stuff, pretty funny.

Yeah, I've been online 79 days.  Haven't slept yet.  I keep checking the price of Bitcoin every 2-3 minutes and cackling.
I also have a physical Bitcoin that I refer to as  'my precious'.

Activity: 3
I invested in the neucoin presale because I believe in the team and angels behind neucoin. They have more business experience than what I see behind any other crypto project.

I just tried out the Myneucoin beta and it’s awesome. Better experience for regular users than any crypto wallet that I have ever seen.

I hadn’t looked at this thread since the presale 4 months ago - and holy shit are you kidding me?! This thread was at page 18 when the presale ended and it’s now at 53. 35 pages of bullshit, just Rizzlarolla, Scam Confirmed, Gekko, Liqio, Jonald, RealMalatesta stroking each other and ganging up on anybody trying to defend NeuCoin.

Rizzlarolla - your profile was created on april 15, two weeks before Neucoin presale. You’ve made 146 posts on bitcointalk - and every single one of them was on the NeuCoin thread! Nothing else! Way to stay focused! Congrats - you are Neucoin’s #1 biggest poster!

“Scam Confirmed” - you joined bitcointalk just after Rizz, on April 25, just 3 days before the presale. You’ve only made 83 posts on bitcointalk but of course all on Neucoin thread. You are NeuCoin’s second biggest poster!

rizz-and-scam - you two together account for nearly 50% of all Neucoin posts!
But wait.. you obviously aren’t two real people. But who are you? Liqio? Gekko? Jonald?

Gekko - you are a psychotic freakshow. Scary. Some advice: sell your last ALTs and buy meds. The world will thank you.

Liqio - you’ve made 586 posts on altcoin threads since you joined bitcointalk on nov 21, 2013 - just at the peak of btc and altcoin prices. How is this investment of time paying off for you?

Jonald - you joined bitcointalk in march 2014 and you’ve been online for over 79 DAYS. Are you actually Gollum?

RealMalatesta - you’re like some creepy detective Encylopedia Brown, who works on cases like “who stole the baby tooth?!” - but Encyclopedia was only 10 years old and wasn’t creepy - maybe it’s time you got a job and moved out from grandma’s?

Do any of you guys have lives? Jobs? Families? Things you like to do for fun other than bash others? Seriously hard to imagine how or why you could have spent so much time here.
Activity: 210
Merit: 100
BTC > etc
As readers of this thread have seen, the NeuCoin Project has been ignoring the handful of trolls who have spent the time building these last 30 pages of nonsense.
As readers of this thread have seen, the so called "trolls" bring to light hidden facts and expose your lies. You only "ignore" because you are unable to refute what was written here.
If you had any good refutal for our "nonsense", you would have posted here as you did in a few occasions before.

if your definition of a troll is someone who ignore the facts and creates posts with misleading information in order to make the readers believe in something that doesn't really exist, then a quick read through the previous posts will show who is the biggest troll here.

Will there be a qt like wallet for pc/laptop?
considering all the spyware history revealed here, I'd be very cautious of installing anything unless it's open source
legendary

people.

But then those people will want to sell at a profit, so who will be left holding the bag?
At some point, they will have to decide not to keep pumping up their ponzi...the only
question is when?
Activity: 210
Merit: 100
BTC > etc
So it will be liquidated with it's capital of 12,500k Euro's run by a guy who's other activity is a "holding company" (Eljomino) with a capital of 1000 Euros (is that where the equity in Althouse resides now?) and anyone who sues will get to split the 13,500 Euros of capital stock for their trouble.

You are being too optimistic here
I don't think anyone gets a single cent. Remember your own post?

There is no trace of an "NEU Development Corporation LTD" on the Internet, and you have provided no links, and no names of (meat-bag) directors.

What you took a long time to say above is, quite clearly:  tax dodge, no names, no responsible people or entities to sue for malfeasance.  Seychelles?  Tax dodge.  Anonymity.  Isle of Man?  Tax Dodge.

Who are the directors?  Where is the equity?

I get it.  There is no equity.  The product (the coins) allow people to vote, but insiders hold a really large majority of the votes at the get-go, and there is nobody that can be put in jail when this whole thing crashes and burns on Cryptsy.  Your "friends and former co-workers and founders" who are in at a huge discount cash in 25% of their holdings which is an enormous multiple of the public float in the first year, and more so afterwards if there is anything left.

Althouse
Shell company created May 2014 simply to get things started: rent office space, register and pay employees, and other basic operational necessities in Paris where most of the team is based.
Seems to have no legal connection to presale or nokoins hence cannot be sued.

Neu Development
The typical strawperson. Created March 2015 for the $1M presale, based in in tax haven Seychelles.
Has no equity as all presale proceeds have been siphoned to the party below.

Anonymous
Shady entity which the team refuses to give any details, also based in Seychelles.
It holds all the presale bitcoins and presumably will hold all the profits from future dumps. Has no contractual relationship with buyers.

Foundations
Registered as non-profit in Isle Of Man, another tax haven, holding 80% of all coins in existence.
Foundations can give away free coins to whoever "helps nokoin" and are controlled by majority coin holders (read: team and first round investors)

They tried to have all bases covered
No tax. No legal responsibility. No need for further commitment once coin is released.
If you think they ignored buyers after presale, just see what will happen after launch!!

Once the shitcoin is issued, trading, and the pump and dump takes place, and all the millions in Bitcoin's safely stored offshore, the need for a corporate shell in France is gone.

Neu Development is also off the hook if the shitcoin is released in any shape and form before September 30
After launch, foundations slowly give away the coins to insiders, which can be vaguely justified as reward for "helping Nokoin grow". After coins are dumped the profits are sent to "anonymously held Seychelle's company, far from the French tax authorities and a very long arm's length away from Althouse and DanK and his girlfriend."

Trivia
Josh Abram and Alan Murray, top investors in nokoin and previously co-owners of infamous spyware company Direct Revenue together with Dan Kaufman, now own a company called "NeueHouse". Inspiration behind the names of Neucoin and Althouse??
They are opening a new office in London soon. Sandrine recently moved there and bought property. Merely coincidence?

Gotta get more popcorn ready
Activity: 630
First decent test net assessment (by myhash)
http://forum.neucoin.org/t/first-visit-comments/1431

"there are still a lot of "coming soon" messages (i sure hope this is not intentional)"
"there are not a lot of functions on myneucoin, what gives a little bit of a cheap feeling. I would not call this version 'production ready' at this moment."
"Generate new address function is missing."

Not surprised..

... at all...

Who didn't see that coming?
legendary
whats funny is how this team is desperately struggling to put out a minimal product and
is the same team that claimed they will eclipse Bitcoin adoption in 2 years.

legendary
Activity: 1181
Merit: 1002
Thanks rizzlarolla

I get what you mean. But I still think it's a pure lie, Nocoin is a PoS coin therefore mining doesn't need GPUs or other special hardware. Other PoS (or PoI or whatever) coins are easily minable by "everybody" as well. Mining can be leased or delegated - if you don't want to have your PC running 24/7 - at a button click.

And also concerning the secure online wallet, there are existing solutions where no private keys need to be stored on the server. Everything is encrypted client side, transactions signed in the browser.

Bottom line there are no firsts just lies.
Activity: 812
Merit: 1001
Interesting question's about Althouse, good luck with that. Lips sealed

First decent test net assessment (by myhash)
http://forum.neucoin.org/t/first-visit-comments/1431

"there are still a lot of "coming soon" messages (i sure hope this is not intentional)"
"there are not a lot of functions on myneucoin, what gives a little bit of a cheap feeling. I would not call this version 'production ready' at this moment."
"Generate new address function is missing."

Sandrine, (different thread)

"For creating other NeuCoin addresses, it is a complex feature to add, but we're definitely considering it."
http://forum.neucoin.org/t/about-the-neucoin-beta-category/1416/40
So neucoiners only get 1 address per wallet?
How/who generates that address?

------

now, "back to the (my), real world"

"we have opened the beta to presale buyers. We apologize for the 19-hour delay (London time)."
No need to apologize, we should know better by now, reminds me of what euggio said on your forum last time this happened, (nasty troll?)
http://forum.neucoin.org/t/pre-launch-updates/1268/122
" it's like Sandrine and co. always set their alarms to the very day or hour a big event would occur. Just like someone setting a wake-up alarm to 6 AM while work starts at just 6 AM!

Also,

"the NeuCoin Project has been ignoring the handful of trolls who have spent the time building these last 30 pages of nonsense. "
Then, (same post)
"We recognize that we have been light in our communications for the past four months"

So you were ignoring the handful of trolls on purpose, ok
and you were ignoring anyone else, sorry?

-----
LiQio, I may be able to clarify some of the neucoin marketing speak for you.
"This will be the first time in the crypto-space that regular consumers get to participate in mining"

I think "regular consumers" means "the masses". (i.e. not "geeks", as clearly only geeks have mined up to now)
So, "This will be the first time in the crypto-space that "the masses" get to participate in mining"
This is the neucoin translation?
I stand to be corrected.
(very much like the marketing speak about the $2.25m cash claim ect ect)
Not lies.....   marketing speak.
Hope this helps Grin

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Edit response to below
ok LiQio thanks, clear explanation, It does indeed seem there are no firsts, just lies.
Just like the stake modifier innovation then.

Activity: 463
Merit: 250
Activity: 545
Hi Sandrine!

While you are here, care to address any of this:
--------------------------------------

"May 6, 2014, Dan Kaufman was obviously in Paris. While being there, he established the company "Althouse Development", located at 3 Rue de Teheran in 75008 Paris.

May 14, this company was duly registered, with Daniel Louis Kaufman, born November 10, 1968, living at 1793 Country Lane, Quakertown, PA, USA. Well, not "Richlandtown" like the address he used for registering the company, but Quakertown.

However, he immedeately became president of the board of this company which paid 12500 Euro as stock capital on an account at "Société Général" in Paris.

October 24, Dan Kaufman resigned as a president and was replaced by Sandrine Ayral, born 1989.

She, too, didn't stay long and was replaced August 14 of this year by Jonathan Gnassia from the company Eljomino Venture."

----------------------------------

We have questions!  Material questions!

Why did you never tell us you were President of the company building Neucoin?  

Why are you NOT President anymore?

Why did Dan resign as President and make you President?

You were President of Neucoin all this time and kept it a secret!  What's up with that?

Who is this Jonathan Gnassia guy?  We don't see him Anywhere in the Neucoin documentation!  His other buisiness is "Holding Companies" and his business partner, Monsieur Thibaux is an expert in corporate Liquidations?

Three CEO's in a year and no product?

Why did none of the Neucoin documentation mention "Althouse Development":  managers of the Neucoin Project, quite obviously?  Why hiding it?

How about some straight answers?  Or is this all supposed to provide DanK with plausible deniability?  First, you where to be the scapegoat.  Then you fought with Dan about it, and he agreed to bring in a patsy with Liquidation experience to hide the bodies when this is over, saving your resume from this.

Why is this President of Althouse Development, NOT on your resume, or Linked-in Profile?

The Internet will remember.  Future Employers will be able to find all this and the incorporation papers and the material changes files.  This will follow you.  Why don't you fess up now to what is really going on?

How far am I off here?
Activity: 463
Merit: 250
a. What it means that we do not hold the private keys of the user is that we do not have CUSTODY of the private keys - when they're held in the regular wallet. I can break it down even more: it means that we cannot in any way have access to the funds held by people who have accounts at MyNeuCoin.
This is exactly what Blockchain.info does with their wallet, in contrast to what Coinbase does: Coinbase has total custody of their customers' funds (when they're held in the regular wallets, it's a different story for their Vault feature), which means that in case of fraud or issue, they can "grab" the funds of the fraudulent user.
We chose the option of not having any control on the funds of our users, it's very important aspect of the wallet.

As an afterthought, if you wanted the owner of the coins to have absolute control without a proxy (i.e. you) you would have used HD wallets. You can have them in the form of a simple browser plugin if you want, has been done before and works like a charm.

You want as much control as you can get, plain and simple.
Activity: 37
@sandrine
Will there be a qt like wallet for pc/laptop?
Thanks.

Hi jthor! Yes indeed!
There will be a qt like wallet for Linux, MacOS, Windows
legendary
Activity: 1181
Merit: 1002
Nocoin lies of the day:

"Meaning that it is as easy to use as Coinbase, but without actually holding users’ coins (ie, without having access to users’ private keys) like Blockchain.info. This is a first for an online wallet in the crypto-space, let alone any altcoin."
"This will be the first time in the crypto-space that regular consumers get to participate in mining"
Source: http://forum.neucoin.org/t/neucoin-beta-with-test-coins-now-open-to-all-presale-buyers/1414

Neucoin: No innovation just lies.

How can an online wallet NOT store the keys? Or did you mean some sort of block explorer? Then again i'm not a very versed person as far as blockchain tech is concerned, but regarding the second sentence i suppose that my 2 GridSeeds that pull a whooping 750kH/s (about your average gamer's GFX card scrypt hashing power) don't allow me to participate in mining. Or, wait...!! I forgot that i'm not a regular consumer, i actually run an industrial mining farm with said equipment. I also run a PoS coin full node with an average of 40 active connections, and i stake once or twice a day (which thing is possible because the userbase is SMALL; with a userbase bigger than 60x24x365 (about half a million - negligible) i would be lucky if i staked ONCE per YEAR). But then again, a staking pool doesn't need the user's keys or coins... what for?

EDIT: I can see a "staking pool" working with just a regular account and a public key holding the coins, but that would be based ultimatelñy on trust - i.e. the user has your word that they will get paid for having coins. But what about change addresses? What would happen when a fraction of the coins are spent? How would the "mining fee" be collected? If you can really pull this off i'll be a bit impressed tbh, but it will still be completely centralised.

EDIT2: I know that the "Growth Account" would require you to actually store the coins in their wallet, but i assumed that this should have been a deal breaker in the first place. There's no decentralised network unless you run your own node, and with an initial userbase of 1MM average time between rewards is roughly 2 years. THAT was the technical innovation i was looking for (keeping 60 seconds block time BUT achieving a workable reward system). But then again YMMV.

A quick answer on this:

a. What it means that we do not hold the private keys of the user is that we do not have CUSTODY of the private keys - when they're held in the regular wallet. I can break it down even more: it means that we cannot in any way have access to the funds held by people who have accounts at MyNeuCoin.
This is exactly what Blockchain.info does with their wallet, in contrast to what Coinbase does: Coinbase has total custody of their customers' funds (when they're held in the regular wallets, it's a different story for their Vault feature), which means that in case of fraud or issue, they can "grab" the funds of the fraudulent user.
We chose the option of not having any control on the funds of our users, it's very important aspect of the wallet.

b. For mining it is a different story - meaning Growth Accounts. Indeed the Utility Foundation needs the coins to be able to stake them.

There are TWO accounts at MyNeuCoin: the regular wallet, describe above, there we do not have custody of the private keys, and the growth accounts, through which the Utility Foundation has access to the coins to be able to stake them.

It would nice for a change that instead of announcing lies and betrayal you would ask questions and for clarifications, which we are glad to give (on the NeuCoin forum more than here, as we do not spend too much time on Bitcointalk given the nice atmosphere of honest respect).

I know this is difficult for you, but my questions remain:

a) why would you claim that you're the first ones to do this? It's a plain lie.

b) "This will be the first time in the crypto-space that regular consumers get to participate in mining" this is another plain and simple lie.
Pages:
Jump to: