Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] NeuCoin - Easy to use, free to try, focused on micropayments - Official - page 99. (Read 196191 times)

legendary
Activity: 1302
Merit: 1008
Core dev leaves me neg feedback #abuse #political
Sandrine Aug 4
"Here is a new update on the NeuCoin Project: we are currently launching a test environment with a blockchain, online wallet (MyNeuCoin) and consumer-facing onboarding faucet (GetNeuCoin). Over the month of August, the test environment will be gradually opened up to presale buyers and select invitees as we approach the public launch. "

Should that be "Over the month of August" or "when the month of August is over" more likely
It's bank holiday weekend and we know the noteam don't work weekends,
so no test launch today, then no test launch in August?

nokoin....   Promising  everything, delivering nothing.

Prediction:  They will launch the coin in September.   No major exchange will list it.
Activity: 812
Merit: 1001
Sandrine Aug 4
"Here is a new update on the NeuCoin Project: we are currently launching a test environment with a blockchain, online wallet (MyNeuCoin) and consumer-facing onboarding faucet (GetNeuCoin). Over the month of August, the test environment will be gradually opened up to presale buyers and select invitees as we approach the public launch. "

Should that be "Over the month of August" or "when the month of August is over" more likely
It's bank holiday weekend and we know the noteam don't work weekends,
so no test launch today, then no test launch in August?

nokoin....   Promising  everything, delivering nothing.
DidiMidi,
"I didn't expect it to last, but was promptly deleted so someone is monitoring the forum which is... something?"

I think it was deleted by Dart, or otherwise James the knife.
All other nokoin staff had the weekend off as usual. (according to the user profile stats) Shocked

Dart,
"This is not a confirmed scam."

Cryto scams are rarely confirmed. (not by believers) Even paycoin still trades?

" It would help give them credibility to return the funds from people who want to get out of the project."

It would certainly go a long way towards it.
If you had left your thread "Would you rebuy into the coin?" instead of censoring it to "current thoughts now and then", investors would have had some outlet for their feelings on the issue.
Only 2 replies to that heading, both negative. (before you changed it)
Why not clearly ask, (on nokoin forum) "Who wants out?".  
Telling M3ndi3 "Any negativity until then is just us quite possibly shooting ourselves in the foot." is brushing this under the carpet/censorship.

Sandrine,
"We have not released a launch date for the beta of MyNeuCoin and the coin so as not to over promise like we did by announcing a launch around Aug 6 - Aug 13." (today)

Too late, you already told everyone (implied) the test was ready to roll out, 3 WEEKS ago. Another fail. Roll Eyes

"we are CURRENTLY launching a test environment with a blockchain, online wallet (MyNeuCoin) and consumer-facing onboarding faucet (GetNeuCoin.)" (20 DAYS AGO)

"CURRENTLY" does not mean a month later?

"We have opened the closed beta to a close circle of business partners last week. " (today)

not what was promised. more internal testing.
or more likely nothing has progressed.

More BS

Activity: 210
Merit: 100
BTC > etc
And I'm sure there are a fair number who would be interested in buying in to make up for those who want out.

Really??!  Shocked
Even in the only pro-nokoin place left, its own forum, there is barely any interest left
Activity seems to be mostly disgruntled buyers worried about their investment.

But mostly just naysayers speak up here.

Here both sides of the argument are allowed to speak freely, as you and the obvious sock puppet accounts like leonymous are doing.
Can the same be said about the heavily censored forum you moderate??
Has Nokoin delivered anything at all that disproves the naysayers' arguments?
All we see is censorship and lies.
No wonder it's a ghost town there.

Return the funds?  Bwahahaha... Doubtful.

They are either going to launch (something) or give an excuse why they won't.

The most likely scenario is going to be the launch of a half-ass Peercoin rebrand which requires minimum efforts.
If for some mysterious reason that is not done by Sept 30, I do think they will return the btcs otherwise it would be too big of a scandal and a few respectable names associated with it will see their reputations dragged into the mud. Not worth it.
Much easier to launch a whatever coin and let the P&D take its course. No scams there  Roll Eyes
Activity: 630
Merit: 500
Sandine on Twitter last monday:

"The “consensus” that’s so often talked about in the #Bitcoin Core community really means the views of a tiny handful of people"

legendary
Activity: 2338
Merit: 1124
I'm still astonished that people are so calm against Sandrine. She is not only the "spokeswoman" - she is Dan K's partner.
legendary
Activity: 1181
Merit: 1002
Massive amount of action going on right now:

http://forum.neucoin.org/t/pre-launch-updates/1268/159
[...]As soon as we feel confident about opening the beta to a wider audience, we will do so and will let you know about it on the forum. Presale buyers will be able to comment and make suggestions here on the forum if they wish to do so - as well as post screenshots.[...]

Wow, presale buyers will be allowed to test a beta version, and then, ... wait for it ... they may make suggestions and even post screenshots!!
Hallelujah!

legendary
Activity: 1302
Merit: 1008
Core dev leaves me neg feedback #abuse #political
No official statement. The deadline for launch is September 30th. Otherwise money will be returned. It is very unlikely to be pushed back but if they do that's cool too. In some ways it would be a good thing. It would help give them credibility to return the funds from people who want to get out of the project. It would remove the possibility of this just being a scam. And I think that would raise quite a bit more interest in the crypto community. And I'm sure there are a fair number who would be interested in buying in to make up for those who want out. But mostly just naysayers speak up here. I don't mind waiting for a good launch. A good strong launch is imperative for a stable growth. But most likely they'll launch within their original parameters.

Return the funds?  Bwahahaha... Doubtful.

They are either going to launch (something) or give an excuse why they won't.

The only scenario in which they will return the funds is if they lied about actually
raising 4000 BTC to begin with.  If they only have 100 BTC to return, they might do it to wash
their hands of this.

Activity: 630
Activity: 463
Merit: 250
I can pay 1 BTC and get a PoS coin launched RIGHT NOW - if only to test whatever they want to test before the "official" launch. The presale was a fad, they are supposedly well over a year into "developement" and i could launch a "Test NeuCoin" right here, right now.

I know that you are not stupid Darteous, and the way you speak shows that you're finally losing faith in all this. And i can't really blame you.
Activity: 58
Merit: 0
No official statement. The deadline for launch is September 30th. Otherwise money will be returned. It is very unlikely to be pushed back but if they do that's cool too. In some ways it would be a good thing. It would help give them credibility to return the funds from people who want to get out of the project. It would remove the possibility of this just being a scam. And I think that would raise quite a bit more interest in the crypto community. And I'm sure there are a fair number who would be interested in buying in to make up for those who want out. But mostly just naysayers speak up here. I don't mind waiting for a good launch. A good strong launch is imperative for a stable growth. But most likely they'll launch within their original parameters.
Activity: 444
when is this coin being launched? any official word?
Activity: 58
This is not a confirmed scam. Please do not speak as if it were. If you want to point out the questionable information fine. But please do not make false statements. I'm still looking forward to the launch.
Activity: 1
I didn't expect it to last, but was promptly deleted so someone is monitoring the forum which is... something?

Maybe it wouldn't have been, should you have used the actual project name instead of resorting on a childish teasing nickname.

But hey, who knows, since you didn't.
Activity: 742
So just another magnificent pre-sale experience? This is never getting old, or is it?
Hey DidiMidi,
I missed your post being deleated, I guess that was today?
What horrendous question did you ask?

Yep, it was yesterday. There's a thread at their forum saying that laughter is the best investment, and i pointed out that indeed; the "NoKoin team" had invested in laughter since they were laughing their asses off - most likely.

I didn't expect it to last, but was promptly deleted so someone is monitoring the forum which is... something? Maybe Sandrine, i have the feeling that she didn't realize the full extent of what Dank was trying to do when she accepted the "job" (and the monies), and perhaps she is now having trouble getting good rest at nights. In her new expensive abode, that is.

As for everything else NoKoin related... i'm glad that it turned out to be a flat out scam (with an optional P&D for bonus monies - which may not even be possible at this point), if a bit sad for some people that believed in the "project" and invested time and money. Because if it wasn't... imagine them being SERIOUS and having MILLIONS of $ and USERBASE... oh dear, what a disaster it could be for crypto.  Embarrassed
Hi, this is Dan, one of the NeuCoin Project’s founders. I wanted to chime in with a few points.

First, I’m very encouraged to see the enthusiasm for NeuCoin from a lot of people here! Thank you! Sandrine will keep making posts on this thread but we'd also love to welcome you to our forum at neucoin.org (http://forum.neucoin.org/) where there are a lot more questions and answers.

Second, to the few who are calling this a "scam" (Sandrine told me not to speak to trolls but…) try visiting the People behind NeuCoin (http://www.neucoin.org/en/wiki/#people) on our wiki - it speaks for itself.  Grin

Third, heads-up that we'll be publishing a 25-page draft white paper on our PoS solution in the next couple weeks. It will be the first time that anyone in the community has comprehensively and mathematically addressed the objections commonly raised to PoS designs. We're looking forward to feedback on it.

Hi this is rizz, just want to chime in with a few points.
(Dan last visit here May 25?) Embarrassed

I do not seek your wroth. I seek nokoin info

First, there is VERY little enthusiasm for nokoin here imo, Sandrine's posts here have been few and far between, and although she posts regularly on nokoin forum, her answers are usually evasive half answers. (as i have highlighted)
nokoin forum seems to have a lot more questions than answers. much marketing speak and deflection. (as I have highlighted)

The few calling this a "scam" (many different interpretations) have swelled in number, while nokoin forum active users have all but vanished (as i have highlighted) http://forum.neucoin.org/users?period=daily
promised information prelaunch has not materialized.
No evidence of progress exists. (I know, nokoin wants to be judged "tomorrow")
Little relevant info exists (other than OUTDATED wiki/wp)

ok, I know I have made a bit of a fuss at times, but if you read every one of my posts ,I hope you will see my argument has been, in the main,  against nokoin deceit, nokoin misinformation, nokoin marketing speak and nokoin unanswered questions.
(I have not fussed, much, over technicals or Direct revenue ect)

My words are reflected on nokoin forum, read http://forum.neucoin.org/t/pre-launch-updates/1268
It's not just me "trolling"?

For everyones sake, someone please let us know what is going on. Huh

Hey DidiMidi,
I missed your post being deleated, I guess that was today?
What horrendous question did you ask?

WTF is going on with nokoin.
It has certainly lived up to it's name, nokoin.
Kim Jong un would be proud of this dictatorship?

Where have all the nokoiners gone last week?
Now telling jokes to pass the time till launch on Sept 30, too late to complain then.
As nice Kim S says, pathetic.

About 1 week left in August to release this BS test net,
It clearly wont happen?

edit, removed some BS

Not for me, but got a post deleted. No warning, no nada. Just gone.  Grin

But they are NICE PEOPLE since they didn't ban me! It's all my fault for being impatient and wanting answers i don't deserve as the peasant that i am. NoKoin FTW!

I'm so selling my house so i can invest all i have.  Cool
Pages:
Jump to: