Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] Nybble 0.6.5.2 Nybble - New Wallet Win, Mac and Source, New Pools. - page 2. (Read 31797 times)

legendary
Activity: 2450
Merit: 1076
keybase.io/fallingknife/
Have the latest wallet, added the most recent nodes.  Wallet downloads the blockchain, but always says Out of Sync.
Was hoping to help out with a bit of solo mining.

Any ideas?

Activity: 28
Merit: 0
I like the logo, very cute. Waiting it to be on shelf.
Activity: 47
I usually mine this coin too. but the developer doesn't give news since a long time.
I will add those nodes to my wallet when I get home. I wouldn't mind to setup a pool, but I would need to rent a vps here in Portugal or Europe... it has some costs.
Activity: 115
Merit: 10
im also mining this coin. but where is the developer of this coin.
Activity: 155
Merit: 100
Andy,

Thanks - I am connecting to your .100 ok - the last ip is mine, and up to date, but I think no-one is mining.

-John
Activity: 142
I have 3 possible IPs, all running the client:

[Edit] Ran a getpeerinfo and came up with a couple more node IPs:

I apologize for closing the pool guys. I just do not want to get caught up in any IRS crap. I WILL be leaving my nodes open for a while (probably a few months) to allow things to continue of with the Nybble chain. I also will not be removing my block explorer (or if I do I will give at least a months notice).

Thanks for mining with us and good luck in future endeavors!

Andy K. - CaptainAK

Andy,

I want to thank you for all your help while running your pools.  Can you let us know your NBL node address so that we can try to synchronize with it until we get enough people running the nodes?

-John
Does anyone have a working node?  My connection node stopped a couple of days ago, maybe in line with the IRS ruling, but I am stuck at block 39621 and the current block is 39627.

Also nbl.pnwminer.com has stopped mining due to this IRS ruling.  So we might not have any working pools.
the wallet doesnt sync,anybody knows how to fix it?  Undecided its the second time i try.

Hi - you need to add the following in your conf file

addnode=198.0.43.100
addnode=mentat.cable.nu

The second one is mine - I am keeping it running for as long as I can, pending power outages, windows updates etc.  A few days ago, I lost power for about 4 hours but generally it is running, so you can use it to get synchronized.
thanks Cheesy i can start mining this coin.

If you would like to help us - you can mine at the nbl.pnwminer.com pool - currently three of us there.

[Edit]  Ok, I see you were there already.  You actually don't need a wallet to mine, unless you want to solo-mine - I run a wallet so that others can keep synchronized and payout my coins to Cryptsy.
Activity: 2
the wallet doesnt sync,anybody knows how to fix it?  Undecided its the second time i try.

addnode=198.0.43.100
addnode=mentat.cable.nu

The second one is mine - I am keeping it running for as long as I can, pending power outages, windows updates etc.  A few days ago, I lost power for about 4 hours but generally it is running, so you can use it to get synchronized.
thanks Cheesy i can start mining this coin.
the wallet doesnt sync,anybody knows how to fix it?  Undecided its the second time i try.

addnode=198.0.43.100
addnode=mentat.cable.nu

The second one is mine - I am keeping it running for as long as I can, pending power outages, windows updates etc.  A few days ago, I lost power for about 4 hours but generally it is running, so you can use it to get synchronized.
Activity: 2
Do you think it's possible to change amount of blocks needed for difficulty change?

Yes, but we would have to change the source code, decide when to make the change - usually when the difficulty change is supposed to happen, which means a hard fork I suppose.  But then the updated wallet would have to distributed somehow so that everyone is using this one before it can happen.

Block 40320 is when this could happen - ideally to implement KGW, but there is no shortcuts so we still need to get through the next 804 blocks.  Currently at 39516.  If we can pool our hashing power, we could get there, but most of the time pnwminer is only running about 1.6Mh which means only about 4-8 blocks a day.  NBL is still keeping reasonable value - at 0.00002433 BTC right now, but this is a bit low due to the BTC meltdowns that have been happening and should recover some in the near future - hopefully back to around 0.00002800 BTC or so, once people's confidence in BTC goes back up.  It could go even higher - sold a few at 0.00004500 BTC only 10 days ago.
Activity: 132
Bitcoin FTW!
Do you think it's possible to change amount of blocks needed for difficulty change?
Activity: 49
Yeh, sent him a PM a couple of hours ago.
Hey guys. Does this coin need KGW or what?! Where's the Dev, i'd feel mean making an unofficial fork.

Definitely, that would be a great idea.  The fork would have to happen at the end of this round of blocks, so the wait is still there, but it would be a great idea if the dev can make the changes like other coins are doing.

[Edit: The dev is digitalindustry but have no idea what time he can commit to this - let's ask him]

Activity: 49
Hey guys. Does this coin need KGW or what?! Where's the Dev, i'd feel mean making an unofficial fork.
New node: 46.229.151.234

current block 39393

You are a little behind - current block is 39432, check if you are syncing.

My client is connecting to 198.0.43.100:8550

Thanks mate, now I'm at 39433 Smiley

No problems - we are getting through the blocks slowly - 39434 just 27 minutes ago.  Averaging at present 8 blocks a day, only 886 to go before the difficulty retarget.
Activity: 132
Bitcoin FTW!

current block 39393

Thanks mate, now I'm at 39433 Smiley

current block 39393

Pages:
Jump to: