Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] Nybble 0.6.5.2 Nybble - New Wallet Win, Mac and Source, New Pools. - page 3. (Read 31797 times)

Activity: 132
Merit: 100
Bitcoin FTW!
New node: 46.229.151.234

current block 39393
Activity: 155
Still no word from coinmine as yet - some of my NBL should have reached 120 confirmations by now, but balance is zero for both confirmed and unconfirmed.

Anyway, we are at block 39314, difficulty change in 1006 blocks.  Sorry it has been slow going lately - I had issues with my mining equipment with a 7950 being replaced with a 7970 that runs the fan at full speed and keeps getting throttled by cgminer and gets less hash than a 7850.  The 7970 is now sitting in its antistatic bag waiting for my 7950 to come back.  Have built another 1Mh miner, but need to wait for a case to come in so that I can run it properly.  I don't want to run an open rig like I have been doing previously so want to put the miner into the garage so that the heat and noise doesn't bother us.
http://www2.coinmine.pl/nbl/index.php

This pool was still running yesterday

I sent in a support ticket for coinmine.  I logged in today to check on how my coins are going - all of my unconfirmed NBL are missing - not showing up anything at all.
Just in case anyone is interested, I built a working block explorer for Nybble at http://pnwminer.com:2750   Have fun!

Great!  Thanks!
Activity: 142
Just in case anyone is interested, I built a working block explorer for Nybble at http://pnwminer.com:2750   Have fun!
Activity: 49
Merit: 0
Cheers dude, Working a charm.

Great - good to see you add your hashrate to the pnw pool.  I am waiting for this block to finish so that I can make a hardware change on my main mining rig - swap a card.

Yeh, Just jammed a machine across but having issues with it.

Great - good to see you add your hashrate to the pnw pool.  I am waiting for this block to finish so that I can make a hardware change on my main mining rig - swap a card.
Needs some more nodes, I've got one connection and 9000 blocks to download :-(

I am connected to these two nodes, then you can try myself - usually the nibble client is running 24/7 unless the laptop gets rebooted.

addnode=77.251.56.232
addnode=54.200.132.23

Mine would be

addnode=124.189.53.150

-John

I am connected to these two nodes, then you can try myself - usually the nibble client is running 24/7 unless the laptop gets rebooted.

addnode=77.251.56.232
addnode=54.200.132.23

Mine would be

addnode=124.189.53.150

-John
Returned my MSI 7950 - they gave me a 7970 as a replacement.  Tried this in a test machine, but it is getting very very hot.  First with little hashing rate, like 300Kh at intensity 12, it kept getting hotter and hotter until maximum fan speed was reached, and kept going up - got to 94 degrees celsius before I quite cgminer.  This took about 1 minute, so guess I have to take this one back too!  Luckily I didn't stop my main mining rig to try it out - this current NBL block 39254 is taking ages - tried mining it yesterday, but had to stop, then let it run all day today and it is still working on it.
new developments?

As in?  NBL is still mining, albeit a bit slow.  A big storm took out internet at the pnw pool for some hours.  Then I moved back to pnw but then just now I rebooted my main rig because one 7950 was getting hot.  It seems one of the fans isn't working, so have shutdown to take the card out - maybe put in a 7870 instead.

The current block is 39250 - change in difficulty in 1070 blocks, so getting closer.

Back running on 2x 7950's for the moment, getting about 583Kh per card.  Will now work on getting the 7870 hashing properly.
new developments?

As in?  NBL is still mining, albeit a bit slow.  A big storm took out internet at the pnw pool for some hours.  Then I moved back to pnw but then just now I rebooted my main rig because one 7950 was getting hot.  It seems one of the fans isn't working, so have shutdown to take the card out - maybe put in a 7870 instead.

The current block is 39250 - change in difficulty in 1070 blocks, so getting closer.
Activity: 19
Spent a few hours tuning a smaller mining rig.  Basically 1x XFX Radeon 5850 Black Edition - was running at about 321Kh/s at standard clock rates.  It has had the heatsink and fan replaced with a Accelero Twin Turbo II from Arctic (due to previous stock fan failure) - and runs at about 61 degrees Celsius.

I had been playing around with overclocking my 7850 so wanted to do the same with the 5850.

Now I am getting a stable 369.4Kh/s - but obviously getting hotter at about 70 degrees Celsius.

If anyone is interested, the stock black edition clocks at 775 for gpu and 1125 for memory.

and my new settings are:

--shaders 1440 --thread-concurrency 5824 --gpu-engine 890 --gpu-memclock 1125 -I 18

It uses 297 Watts now - previously was I think 250 Watts.  I did try raising the memclock but it seemed to make little difference, i.e. gpu at 900 gave very little improvement in hashrate, which needed memclock to be increased - but this means the memory runs hotter, so for me it wasn't worth the extra gain.  I was trying to get it to go past 370Kh but keep temperature and power down.

I have a brand new Radeon 7870 so will now play with that.  Also trying to upgrade my Ubuntu from 13.04 to 13.10 - the 13.04 says the 7870 is unsupported.

I knew I should not play around with too many things at once!  The Ubuntu 13.10 upgrade froze, and now the system doesn't boot.  The USB disk seems to be corrupted - the disk doesn't mount, and I can't access it even on a Linux notebook.  Luckily I wrote down the cgminer settings as I was working on it!  Now I will install Ubuntu 13.10 from scratch.
Spent a few hours tuning a smaller mining rig.  Basically 1x XFX Radeon 5850 Black Edition - was running at about 321Kh/s at standard clock rates.  It has had the heatsink and fan replaced with a Accelero Twin Turbo II from Arctic (due to previous stock fan failure) - and runs at about 61 degrees Celsius.

I had been playing around with overclocking my 7850 so wanted to do the same with the 5850.

Now I am getting a stable 369.4Kh/s - but obviously getting hotter at about 70 degrees Celsius.

If anyone is interested, the stock black edition clocks at 775 for gpu and 1125 for memory.

and my new settings are:

--shaders 1440 --thread-concurrency 5824 --gpu-engine 890 --gpu-memclock 1125 -I 18

It uses 297 Watts now - previously was I think 250 Watts.  I did try raising the memclock but it seemed to make little difference, i.e. gpu at 900 gave very little improvement in hashrate, which needed memclock to be increased - but this means the memory runs hotter, so for me it wasn't worth the extra gain.  I was trying to get it to go past 370Kh but keep temperature and power down.

I have a brand new Radeon 7870 so will now play with that.  Also trying to upgrade my Ubuntu from 13.04 to 13.10 - the 13.04 says the 7870 is unsupported.
Activity: 632
Merit: 500
Just to keep people happy, I have lowered the confirmations to 10 and the fees are at 2% on the Nybble pool, which is probably the lowest I will ever set them except for promotions. Smiley

Hope that works for you guys!

Thanks
Activity: 142
Just to keep people happy, I have lowered the confirmations to 10 and the fees are at 2% on the Nybble pool, which is probably the lowest I will ever set them except for promotions. Smiley

Hope that works for you guys!
Yay!  http://nbl.pnwminer.com is back up on new hardware. I will be building out a block explorer shortly also since one is badly needed.

Thanks - I will be moving back to this pool later today.  Your block confirmations are lower at 60 than the other pool at 120.

[Edit]  Back on pnwminer - I had a restart of one of PC's so it was a good time to go back!
Yay!  http://nbl.pnwminer.com is back up on new hardware. I will be building out a block explorer shortly also since one is badly needed.

Thanks - I will be moving back to this pool later today.  Your block confirmations are lower at 60 than the other pool at 120.
Pages:
Jump to: