Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] Nybble 0.6.5.2 Nybble - New Wallet Win, Mac and Source, New Pools. - page 5. (Read 31797 times)

Activity: 155
Merit: 100

In "transactions", the 4 trasnfers show "Confirmed".

gizzig, ok.  You can also now click on the transaction id - it will pop-up with the full transaction id.  Once we get a block explorer, we should be able to search for this transaction.  When it shows confirmed, I believe that it means that 8 blocks have occurred since the transaction, meaning it is in the blockchain.  Have a look in your wallet - you should see something there as long as your wallet is synchronized.

To check if you are on the right blockchain, go to your wallet, help, debug console, then type the command

getblockhash 39169

it should come back with the block hash which is e06d6119ba5a49941a6fc060338192c4f8d1ae6d68d6f6e64ac1d04b6373aa2a
Activity: 632
Merit: 500

In "transactions", the 4 trasnfers show "Confirmed".

Hi JL0z
Still does not appear.
In the "TX" column from "Transactions" in the pool, when clicking shows a Litecoin block explorer.

Yes, the link is wrong - I am looking for a block explorer for NBL - if I don't find one, I might have to install a local one.

If you check on your wallet, click on Transactions - they should appear after 1 confirmation, so the one from before 39144 should have already confirmed.  I might do a manual payment to my wallet and see what happens.  I also emailed CaptainAK.
Hi JL0z
Still does not appear.
In the "TX" column from "Transactions" in the pool, when clicking shows a Litecoin block explorer.

Hi JL0z

The transfers from the pool, are coming to your wallet?
I am 4 transfers in progress and none to come. One before the block 39144 (23 block earlier).
thanks

gizzig,  Hi.  No, my transfers were going to Cryptsy, but the one from 2nd January is still being confirmed.  Another one from yesterday is not showing up at Cryptsy so I have changed to go to my wallet and maybe should stop the auto-transfers.

I have also opened a ticket with Cryptsy to look into this.  Is your wallet up to date?  I.e. block 39169 right now?

Hi JL0z

The transfers from the pool, are coming to your wallet?
I am 4 transfers in progress and none to come. One before the block 39144 (23 block earlier).
thanks

Activity: 62
Merit: 10
what pool should I point my miners too?

We're coming in 5300KH, 5 miners and going up!
Unfortunately at the current mining power, being VERY VERY generous @ 12 blocks per day, you are looking at close to 3 months for a diff adjustment.. now if you are a bit more realistic its a bit longer.  i would say you need a few 100 mh/s to get the network back on track.. and maybe make some changes to the diff retarget to try and avoid this?

You are being very generous.  I think we are averaging 11 blocks a day at present.  We were averaging 7 blocks a few days ago.  Yes, a higher hashrate would come in handy, but what we really want to do is to taper off the hashrate before the difficulty change, so that the difficulty gets easier, not harder.  But then we cannot control what other miners do when they see an opportunity to make a quick buck.

Yes, a change in the retargeting would help.

Yeah, i suppose you need to reach the balance between network hashrate and difficulty i never thought. pumping up the network would indeed leave you in the same predicament... Is the retarget based on average network hash over the past ~2000, or just the last few blocks, or what?

I don't know how the retarget works, only know when it will happen.  I am making an assumption that if the network hash rate around the time of the retarget is whatever it is, the difficulty will change to allow the blocks to be solved on average in 30 seconds - this being the target block time.  Maybe I will have a look at the source code and see if I can work it out.
Activity: 268
Merit: 250
Unfortunately at the current mining power, being VERY VERY generous @ 12 blocks per day, you are looking at close to 3 months for a diff adjustment.. now if you are a bit more realistic its a bit longer.  i would say you need a few 100 mh/s to get the network back on track.. and maybe make some changes to the diff retarget to try and avoid this?

You are being very generous.  I think we are averaging 11 blocks a day at present.  We were averaging 7 blocks a few days ago.  Yes, a higher hashrate would come in handy, but what we really want to do is to taper off the hashrate before the difficulty change, so that the difficulty gets easier, not harder.  But then we cannot control what other miners do when they see an opportunity to make a quick buck.

Yeah, i suppose you need to reach the balance between network hashrate and difficulty i never thought. pumping up the network would indeed leave you in the same predicament... Is the retarget based on average network hash over the past ~2000, or just the last few blocks, or what?

Does anyone know of a block explorer for Nibble/Nybble?
Activity: 268
Merit: 250
Hi guys, I run nbl.pnwminer.com. So far my experience is this. Things go very slow after a diff change, but when we get within about 500 blocks or so of a drop in diff, I get a LOT of people who jump on and start mining. And once the diff drops, it is usually just a matter of hours before the pool blows through all 2016 blocks at that diff. Timing varies, but it will happen.

I know that happens, but maybe this time - some of them will stay longer and we can make good progress through the next difficulty.
I'm back with 1100 KH
I can not be all the time because they would lose a lot.

Please CaptainAK can invite more people to mining NBL? thanks
Activity: 142
Hi guys, I run nbl.pnwminer.com. So far my experience is this. Things go very slow after a diff change, but when we get within about 500 blocks or so of a drop in diff, I get a LOT of people who jump on and start mining. And once the diff drops, it is usually just a matter of hours before the pool blows through all 2016 blocks at that diff. Timing varies, but it will happen.
Thanks for the info. At what block will the reset come?

40320 is when the difficulty retarget will occur - 5.6 months at the current rate, but if we can get more miners in the pool - can reduce it down to a month or so.
legendary
Activity: 3108
Merit: 1531
yes
Thanks for the info. At what block will the reset come?
The blocks are coming through a little quicker now.  Revised estimate of earnings for a 2MH miner is now 280NBL a day or approx 0.015 BTC.  Block average is about 3.5 hrs per block - but this depends, some blocks can take a long time, but hopefully we can keep this up and get more miners.

Current block 39155.
Pages:
Jump to: