Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] OCTO - Resurrect 888 - New Counterparty Asset - page 34. (Read 37816 times)

Activity: 532
Merit: 500
https://thegrid.io/

watch the vid.

This is a pretty interesting start-up. Their websites look pretty pimp. Maybe we should consider them instead of squarespace. it would save us money the first year because you are getting the $25/month site for $8.

$96/year and can pay with BTC. That means we can lessen the BTC1.5 goal as we already have enough funds. Now the service says it's available late spring. It may be a month or two. I think if we have to pay for the domains separate the extra $40 will cover it. I know a great domain name site. It may include limited domain names with the $96 per years. Plus it allows us 7 websites. So as we expand we have the ability to have extra sites.

Activity: 236
Merit: 100
If someone can check and test sending more than 50,000 coins at once to be sure we can, please do so.

Also, please find a way to do this so only one person is sending to another trusted persons address.

If for some reason it doesn't work we need to know. I have a feeling that was for the original wallet.

If your coins get stuck we will cover them, you have my word. Just be able to show us the transaction and where it failed and you lost the coins.

Like I said, just one or two people work out who's sending and who's receiving and test it. We don't want to have to cover coins for a ton of people without burning them if in fact it is broken.

The reason we need to know this for sure is so we know if people with a few hundred thousand or a million coins are going to have to do quite a few 50,000 coin transactions. I just want confirmation that we can send.

If nobody wants to do it I will sometime soon. I just didn't want to do it and if it messes up there be any questions since I currently have the OCTO address in my counterwallet. It's me maintaining trust.

Yep, TxId: e005d3383fb85e27885c55fe63f482e908e53d8daf72205725864fa0338f38a2
Pretty good article about creating your own cryptocurrency.

http://cointelegraph.com/news/113525/10-tips-to-create-your-own-cryptocurrency
If someone can check and test sending more than 50,000 coins at once to be sure we can, please do so.

Also, please find a way to do this so only one person is sending to another trusted persons address.

If for some reason it doesn't work we need to know. I have a feeling that was for the original wallet.

If your coins get stuck we will cover them, you have my word. Just be able to show us the transaction and where it failed and you lost the coins.

Like I said, just one or two people work out who's sending and who's receiving and test it. We don't want to have to cover coins for a ton of people without burning them if in fact it is broken.

The reason we need to know this for sure is so we know if people with a few hundred thousand or a million coins are going to have to do quite a few 50,000 coin transactions. I just want confirmation that we can send.

If nobody wants to do it I will sometime soon. I just didn't want to do it and if it messes up there be any questions since I currently have the OCTO address in my counterwallet. It's me maintaining trust.
"I had a 1/30 shutoff date but gave it a couple weeks incase people missed it.... There is nothing more painful then having to take a wallet out of storage.  As for the balance:

"balance" : 5266905.88522253

That is the current wallet balance.

thanks
richie@bittrex"

Well that's bad news for anyone who hasn't taken the chance to withdraw their coins. 5 million is quite a larger number than I expected.

For OCTO that is good. We only need to hold a small % of the total OCTO distributed. When you consider the 5 Million at bittrex, the exclusion of the dev addresses and the fact that there won't be 100% participation in the burn, then we are sitting on point.

I was predicting 20-30 million and you never know, it may be lower than that.

Just a heads up. Richie@bittrex posted on the Octocoin page. He says today is the day. If you are holding funds there you better withdraw them now.

I personally thought he had already done this in January. I had already withdrawn mine.
Activity: 742
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bnzs-0k1t2U

Want to see some of the unique ideas that Counterparty brings? Robert from FoldingCoin created this video and shows how you can have token control access using an asset. For this purpose holders of certain assets can access forums specifically for that asset. Watch this short vid to see the creation and how it works.

To all the users who are donating BTC to fund the OCTO website, you will be the first users to have access to the OCTO General Chat forum on the LTB website.

Be sure to pick up some FoldingCoins by folding@home with your GPU/CPU, at the poloniex.com exchange or in your Counterwallet using the DEX. Then you can also check out the FoldingCoin forums over at LTB.

Thanks for the setting up the token control forum and creating this excellent tutorial Smiley
Thank you for the kind words Smiley I am very excited to receive my OCTO and become part of the forums Smiley

Anyone looking to get some free FLDC, please view our bounties page on how you can get some free FLDC http://foldingcoin.net/earn-fldc/
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bnzs-0k1t2U

Want to see some of the unique ideas that Counterparty brings? Robert from FoldingCoin created this video and shows how you can have token control access using an asset. For this purpose holders of certain assets can access forums specifically for that asset. Watch this short vid to see the creation and how it works.

To all the users who are donating BTC to fund the OCTO website, you will be the first users to have access to the OCTO General Chat forum on the LTB website.

Be sure to pick up some FoldingCoins by folding@home with your GPU/CPU, at the poloniex.com exchange or in your Counterwallet using the DEX. Then you can also check out the FoldingCoin forums over at LTB.

Thanks for the setting up the token control forum and creating this excellent tutorial Smiley
Block Explorer has synced. That does not mean we are starting the burn but we are one step closer  Grin

http://blockexperts.com/888

I am sending the payment now. Since I only created an extra address in my multibit wallet, it may not show sent from the actual address that you paid into. I will post all transactions and ID's so that you can see all funds. I will keep this as transparent as possible so that you will see that ALL funds are raised are either paid to the block explorer, sent to Coinbase for me to cash out and pay for the website, sent to a wallet to pay for the fees of the burn and OCTOFAME distribution and any leftover will be given back to the community along with some more issued OCTO. Feel free to ask any questions at any point if you do not agree or have a better suggestion for this.

Next time I will just create a Counterwallet address for any BTC we raise.

Time to pay for the block explorer:

BlockExperts Support
AttachmentsFeb 20 (1 day ago)

to me
Hi,

Thank you.

You can transfer 0.10 BTC to 1E5LmTsNJN3j6gwQ6RJX2x5Mo5BGX5ETyB
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

.1 BTC paid 1E5LmTsNJN3j6gwQ6RJX2x5Mo5BGX5ETyB

f9b7555974e6fad33d586256405cb3068d96c7018657cf730ea8266aeaadd2ae

Paid from an address in my wallet: 1FT1srpj8WLMNMmyLVF26E1GWCzPzERfD5

Kris Tharp <[email protected]>
7:59 PM (0 minutes ago)

to BlockExperts
Thanks so much! Sent .1 BTC

f9b7555974e6fad33d586256405cb3068d96c7018657cf730ea8266aeaadd2ae
I've been writing an overall OCTO plan today to go over with the FoldingCoin devs. Have I missed anyone going to the Wall of Fame?
The FoldingCoin Inc team is proud to announce that we will be holding monthly live Google hangouts for donors and those of interest to ask us questions directly. Don’t be afraid to ask anything you would like and we would love to answer them. We will be hosting these on the first Sunday of every month at 3:00pm EST, so mark your calendars.

Also connect with us on our public Skype chat - "FLDC Public Discussion"

The first meeting will be March 1st 2015 at 3:00PM EST and more information can be found here http://foldingcoin.net/public-monthly-meetings/

This would be a good chance for this community to ask about Merged Folding and any other questions about our team.

I'll be driving to Florida but if I can find a place with wifi to stop and take a break and participate for a bit. I would hope that most of the OCTO community would like to attend to get a better understanding of not only merged mining and how this will distribute some OCTO but also take a chance to learn about Counterparty in general and the different features that FoldingCoin and others are using. There are going to be exciting things happening on the Counterparty platform and we need people to become well educated so that when we are discussing OCTO and it's uses and future projects people can give great input. You never know, these meetings may inspire you to lead your own OCTO or Counterparty projects.
The FoldingCoin Inc team is proud to announce that we will be holding monthly live Google hangouts for donors and those of interest to ask us questions directly. Don’t be afraid to ask anything you would like and we would love to answer them. We will be hosting these on the first Sunday of every month at 3:00pm EST, so mark your calendars.

Also connect with us on our public Skype chat - "FLDC Public Discussion"

The first meeting will be March 1st 2015 at 3:00PM EST and more information can be found here http://foldingcoin.net/public-monthly-meetings/

This would be a good chance for this community to ask about Merged Folding and any other questions about our team.
For those of you that are new to Counterparty: Be aware that sometimes, since it's a web wallet, there are issues with logging in. I'm experiencing that right now. I've had it happen here and there. The good news is, I believe Counterparty is currently working on a desktop wallet.

http://counterparty.io/news/counterparty-development-update-10/

You can also use Counterparty-D which is the command line wallet.

I stick with Counterwallet but like I said they have login issues every now and then. But it usually clears and for any reason if it doesn't they have a forum and Glitter chat for support. You can also submit a support ticket.

I haven't ever used support, I have just checked back later and was able to log in.
Correct, this does happen and often due to a new update or patch. Also Counterparty is still new, and like most everything in this space, including Bitcoin, is in beta. But its development is coming along smoothly and the features they are implementing are fantastic.
For those of you that are new to Counterparty: Be aware that sometimes, since it's a web wallet, there are issues with logging in. I'm experiencing that right now. I've had it happen here and there. The good news is, I believe Counterparty is currently working on a desktop wallet.

http://counterparty.io/news/counterparty-development-update-10/

You can also use Counterparty-D which is the command line wallet.

I stick with Counterwallet but like I said they have login issues every now and then. But it usually clears and for any reason if it doesn't they have a forum and Glitter chat for support. You can also submit a support ticket.

I haven't ever used support, I have just checked back later and was able to log in.
I could see where you sell access to something and a token is distributed as proof of payment.
Yeah I can. I want to see how that is done anyways. That's pretty cool because OCTO holders are the only ones that access it. I mean if you wanted to you could even have a forum for devs only by issuing a dev token for the coin. When you think about the possibilities of the action, without it applied to a forum, it has really good possibilities. You could apply that same thought towards many different websites, chats, apps. Pretty crazy.

I am about to run to the grocery but I'll be around to set up the forum when I get back.
In case you guys didn't know: FoldingCoin has their own YouTube channel with some pretty good videos and tutorials related to Counterparty, LTB forum integration, folding and merged mining.
When you get a chance, the next video we need to make is a TCA video and i would love to setup OCTO private forums as the video. Let me know if you can do that today with me
In case you guys didn't know: FoldingCoin has their own YouTube channel with some pretty good videos and tutorials related to Counterparty, LTB forum integration, folding and merged mining.
Added FoldingCoin to the wall of fame! Thanks!
Pages:
Jump to: