Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] OCTO - Resurrect 888 - New Counterparty Asset - page 35. (Read 37816 times)

Activity: 532
Merit: 500
Appreciate it mafort. That's awesome that you would help out. Hopefully more people pitch in. Although, I understand not eveyone has the ability to spare money.

I know if I had to I would just pay for it all, but it would be the lower end $8 a month one and honestly that would work. But the shipping, accounting and other features will be an all in one solution and probably easier to use once you get used to it.

Plus unlimited storage, bandwidth and contributors to the website will be nice.
Just sent my 0.1 https://blockchain.info/tx/05d2fe05196b9416344e702ce742156327b815eda2a8cc34d24336d3b17ac004

What you might want to think about doing, is instead of people posting the transaction ID, have them donate their BTC from a Counterwallet address. Then you have a list of all the people that will receive the token OCTOFAME and OCTO and their actual counterwallet address. So you will simply send the bounty to the address that sent you BTC. Let me know if you want more information on this Cheesy

Thanks Robert! Yes in hindsight I should have used a CP address. This is my first contest I've held  Grin can you tell?

I'll get with you to discuss for future projects. I guess anyone else can send from CP.

I just made an extra address in my multibit wallet to accept the donations since it's such a small amount. I wish I had done it in Counterwallet.

I also notice that depending on the user sending from different types of wallets the fees are different. Coinsbase is zero fees so when they said they donated .101 it didn't take the fee off. When they said they donated .2 it shows up as .1998.

I'm not sure If I should just use the nearest satoshi when splitting or what.

This was definitely a fly by the seat of my pants contest but we def have the block explorer paid for and about halfway to the website.

Looking good.
Activity: 364
Merit: 250
Sent .2 BTC to: Address: 1fff2DwPLF3gYCgTL8HBNsLkmJfrhn5rd
TxId: 4f373af08e3437f40f9826bcce618059f7517e3422710d210552ee9754926122

Thanks! Added you to the wall! Much appreciated.
legendary
Activity: 2688
Merit: 1030
Yes I am a pirate, 300 years too late!
Sent .2 BTC to: Address: 1fff2DwPLF3gYCgTL8HBNsLkmJfrhn5rd
TxId: 4f373af08e3437f40f9826bcce618059f7517e3422710d210552ee9754926122
Activity: 742
Just sent my 0.1 https://blockchain.info/tx/05d2fe05196b9416344e702ce742156327b815eda2a8cc34d24336d3b17ac004

What you might want to think about doing, is instead of people posting the transaction ID, have them donate their BTC from a Counterwallet address. Then you have a list of all the people that will receive the token OCTOFAME and OCTO and their actual counterwallet address. So you will simply send the bounty to the address that sent you BTC. Let me know if you want more information on this Cheesy
I should reword the bounty shouldn't I. The OP doesn't do a very good job explaining it.

Ok so the goal is 1.5 bitcoin and hopefully from 15 or more people so the load is not all on a few people.

So we need to raise that much to pay for stuff and if it's less than 15 people, then issue 50,000. If it's more than 15 people donating 100,000. All OCTO split proportionally to what you donate.

The other stuff I said was the eligibility for the Tshirt drawing, your name on the OCTO Wall of Fame, your Counterwallet address on the OCTO Wall of Fame so that people can donate to you in the future (in any CP asset  Wink ) and we will issue a special token that is not divisible and you only get 1. It will be OCTOFAME. Hold that in your Counterwallet so you can access special features and get goodies in the future.

I just can't figure out how to word the first part. I mean we need as close to 1.5 as possible, specially if the BTC price drops back down closer to $200 next week.  So it's like you want to only pay out if 1.5 BTC is raised, but you need to still pay out something to the people even if we don't .

Maybe it should be this way:

if 1.5 BTC IS NOT raised, we keep what is raised to go towards the website and issue 50,000.
if 1.5 BTC IS raised, that's awesome cuz we met our goal, but it was from less than 15 people, which sux, cuz only a few ppl showed support, then we will issue 75,000.
IF 1.5 BTC is raise and it was from more than 15 people it's awesome all around and we issue the full 100,000.

I think that's perfect there. I dunno why I didn't list it like that to begin with.

P.S. OCTOFAME is purchased Smiley donate now to get that OCTOFAME token!!! I'm not sure exactly what we will do with it, but it's like having a lucky token in your pocket and every time we learn or realize some other cool idea, or issue other tokens that do special things, or whatever we can think of, because you donated, your address shows you are an OCTOFAME holder. We will keep these limited and only issue for special things like this where you guys are really showing support by helping pay for stuff, or pitching in and helping out in a pinch.
So am I limited to 0.1 btc for donations or can I donate more and hence receive more OCTO on initial distribution? Thanks!

No, you are not limited to BTC.1 donation. 50,000 OCTO will be split between all donaters. The more you donate the more you split. As long as we have at least 15 people who donate BTC1.5, that is what the end goal is.

So if we do not reach the goal, the 50,000 is issued. If we do reach the goal, then I will up it to 100,000 to split between all donaters.

The reason I did it this way, is so that the ones who donate more will be rewarded with more OCTO. However, we don't want the load to be on just a few people. It would be nice if we had a list of 15 or more supporters on the OCTO wall of fame. And it would make it cheaper for all parties donating.

Keep in mind, the ones who donate will be entered in a drawing for an OCTO tee when we begin selling those to raise money for the "working model" of the first project.

Also, when the donation period has ended at midnight on Feburary 28th and you all send me your Counterwallet addresses so that I can issue the OCTO, I will post your Counterwallet addresses on the OCTO wall of fame as well so that people may donate back to you in the future.

Anyone donating is making the website possible, which will make selling the tees possible, which will make the "working model" possible, which will help the crowd sale. Without the early adopters supporting this, it will take a lot longer to get going.

So, if you would like to donate more, yes you will get a larger, proportional cut of the total OCTO issued. Everyone has the option to buy in and help get the web site up and I want you guys to be rewarded as much as possible in the future.

Also, the block explorer isn't much cost and should be done syncing so will be paid today. The reason I said BTC1.5  was to guard against a drop in price before I could cash it out and pay for the website which is about $288 and a small amount of Bitcoin to cover the fees to issue the OCTO and a special token for OCTO wall of fame which will be OCTOFAME. In the future, any Counterwallet address holding the OCTOFAME token will get some special features or other goodies. I mean the token is going to be created but we will see how we use the token exactly. That's one cool feature of Counterparty. 
So am I limited to 0.1 btc for donations or can I donate more and hence receive more OCTO on initial distribution? Thanks!
Donate BTC to the address below by Saturday February 28th. Your name will be added to the OCTO Wall of Fame and the 50,000 OCTO Bounty will be split between the donators. As soon as you donate to the address please follow Squids footsteps and post the transaction ID with the amount you sent. If we receive more than 15 unique screen names who have donated BTC.1 or more, then I will up the 50,000 OCTO bounty to 100,000. BTC.1 x 15 users = 1.5 BTC. All funds will be used to pay for block explorer, website and BTC fees to transfer OCTO out to users during the burn. Any left over BTC will be used to pay out another bounty. I will keep zero BTC after the block explorer, website and transfer of OCTO is complete. The remaining BTC, if any, will be immediately offered in another bounty along with some more OCTO.

Donation Address: 1fff2DwPLF3gYCgTL8HBNsLkmJfrhn5rd

https://blockchain.info/address/1fff2DwPLF3gYCgTL8HBNsLkmJfrhn5rd

We are up to BTC.4. The block explorer is on 64 days away and should complete the sync today so I'll send them the BTC.1 we owe them.

http://www.squarespace.com/pricing/

Trying to get at least the professional. If we raise the full amount so we can get the business one, then not only does the OCTO count go to 100.000 to split, all donators besides myself will be entered in a drawing for an OCTO tee that will be put for sale on the site.

Once the website is complete, I'll begin work on the tees. I have some pretty cool ideas for the shirts, which is exciting. But even more exciting, all profit from sales on the website will go towards beginning funding a "working model" of the first project. One of the things discussed was planning a crowd sale. Most coins/tokens/assets might have great ideas but no "working model" usually won't have a good crowd sale. If we do a crowd sale, it needs to be a good investment. It needs to have a return to fund the project fully. Developers might donate some work for free at first, but most cannot afford to work full time/part time on projects for free.

So, the initial goal will be getting a working model off the ground and issuing a test coin along with items sold. The test coin can then be used to play on a "working model" and allow access to a special forum only for those test coin holders to leave feedback. If we can get the "working model" up and running and advertise the hell out of it, we may be able to get enough interest to roll that into a crowd sale fairly quickly.

More news soon. Thanks for the support guys.
If you don't know much about Counterparty here is a great interview with Robert from FoldingCoin explaining Assets and features.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u9fke0Z22NQ

They also discuss FoldingCoin, folding@home and distributing Counterparty Assets.

Good 'ole HWY 19 -- LOL -- so much traffic.  I miss FL -- much warmer and drier than the NW.

Exactly, which is why i'm moving there for awhile. Plus the Bitcoin scene is growing pretty well there with St. Pete having the Bitcoin Bowl. Pretty exciting place to live as far as crypto is concerned. They are turning some of those small beach towns into Bitcoin cities. It will be interesting to see how the next 2-3 years grows in a place that is embracing early adoption.
Activity: 630
Merit: 504

Good 'ole HWY 19 -- LOL -- so much traffic.  I miss FL -- much warmer and drier than the NW.

Yeah I sent my .1 from coinbase as well. I'll try to start the website layout this weekend. It may take me a little time with my packing, finishing work up here and moving to Florida. Plus family stuff before I leave. But I should have it up an running sometime soon. I may have to do a few revisions to get it perfect.

What part of Florida?

Tampa/Clearwater area. March 1st I'm driving down.

Ahh - that's where most of my family lives.  Ever been to Dunedin?

Yeah man, I visited there last November. I went all up and down HWY 19 there so I went through Dunedin quite a bit.
Yeah I sent my .1 from coinbase as well. I'll try to start the website layout this weekend. It may take me a little time with my packing, finishing work up here and moving to Florida. Plus family stuff before I leave. But I should have it up an running sometime soon. I may have to do a few revisions to get it perfect.

What part of Florida?

Ahh - that's where most of my family lives.  Ever been to Dunedin?

What part of Florida?

What part of Florida?

Thanks! Also I think FixIt sent .101 so the wall only says .1 so maybe make them all say 0.1 or are you doing whatever is sent?

Well it looks like you sent .101, Fixit meant that he sent .101 when you include the fee. The actual transaction was still for .1 BTC. If you had sent .1 instead of .101, technically you still could have paid the fee. See the transaction list here:

All are .1 transactions except your .101 transaction. All of you probably paid a fee unless your wallet has the fee turned off and it probably would have taken longer for the network to see the transaction with fees disabled Smiley

Thanks for donating man, it really means a lot. I also am glad to see that multiple people are throwing in. It keeps it cheaper for everyone. It also gives us a little more BTC to get the unlimited professional package, which will service the community better than the personal package. I've never had the business package but if we raise enough we can afford it. It looks like the label printing and accounting features might be helpful though for selling items. The plan is to work with a screen printer to get some cool OCTO tees and items to sell on the site. I'll start looking into that when I get to Tampa. I may also take the people who donate and have a drawing for a free tshirt to one of you lucky fools. I'll leave my name out of the drawing for that.

Ah, gotcha on the fee. I sent it from coinbase which doesn't charge me any fee. Anyway you can just make mine 0.1 on the list so they all look the same. Good news on the website and block explorer!
Thanks! Also I think FixIt sent .101 so the wall only says .1 so maybe make them all say 0.1 or are you doing whatever is sent?

Well it looks like you sent .101, Fixit meant that he sent .101 when you include the fee. The actual transaction was still for .1 BTC. If you had sent .1 instead of .101, technically you still could have paid the fee. See the transaction list here:

All are .1 transactions except your .101 transaction. All of you probably paid a fee unless your wallet has the fee turned off and it probably would have taken longer for the network to see the transaction with fees disabled Smiley

Thanks for donating man, it really means a lot. I also am glad to see that multiple people are throwing in. It keeps it cheaper for everyone. It also gives us a little more BTC to get the unlimited professional package, which will service the community better than the personal package. I've never had the business package but if we raise enough we can afford it. It looks like the label printing and accounting features might be helpful though for selling items. The plan is to work with a screen printer to get some cool OCTO tees and items to sell on the site. I'll start looking into that when I get to Tampa. I may also take the people who donate and have a drawing for a free tshirt to one of you lucky fools. I'll leave my name out of the drawing for that.

Pages:
Jump to: