Pages:
Author

Topic: ANN: [OPAL] | POS | Secure Messaging |NO ICO | bitsquare.io | cryptopia | Yobit - page 73. (Read 383407 times)

Activity: 770
Merit: 500
FLY DONATION ADDRESS IN SIGNATURE
I have a question for the community:   is there any interest in having a resource to buy or sell Opal directly for fiat?
`

I think it would be very cool, but I do believe the team has some kind of opal/fiat arrangement in the works if I'm not mistaken.

This is still happening, but partnership is taking longer than expected
Hey good to hear that OPAL is still going strong with their developments and their plans for this coin Smiley I'm still holding my OPAL and know that they are worth the holding for sure Smiley Keep up the amazing work guys Smiley
Activity: 728
I have a question for the community:   is there any interest in having a resource to buy or sell Opal directly for fiat?
`

I think it would be very cool, but I do believe the team has some kind of opal/fiat arrangement in the works if I'm not mistaken.

This is still happening, but partnership is taking longer than expected
Activity: 782
`

Activity: 325
Merit: 255
Wow, I honestly haven't looked in this coloured coin concept too much, but it looks like it opens a ton of doors! Very cool, I keep getting more excited about OPAL developments, and simply owning/being part of this coin/community!  Grin

Cheers
Activity: 702
Merit: 251
Activity: 308
Merit: 250
In the current Opal implementation, outputs represent a quantity of Opal, secured by an output script. With the Open Assets Protocol, outputs can encapsulate a quantity of a user-defined asset on top of that Opal amount.

There are many applications:

-Shares A company could issue colored coins representing shares. The shares could then be traded frictionlessly through the Opal infrastructure.
-Backed coin A bank could issue colored coins backed by a cash reserve[/b]. People could withdraw and deposit money in colored coins, and trade those, or use them to pay for goods and services. The Blockchain becomes a system allowing to transact not only in Opal, but in any currency.
-Locks on cars or houses could be associated with a particular type of colored coins. The door would only open when presented with a wallet containing that specific coin.

-Tickets are transferable bearer tokens which are designed to be eventually redeemed for some kind of real world value.
Examples of tickets include:
Event entry passes
Store coupons and special offers
Frequent flyer miles and other redeemable rewards

-Certificates are transferable and redeemable in the same manner as tickets, and they additionally entitle the bearer to some kind of revenue paid through the blockchain.
Certificates can be used for bearer securities, such as securitized loans, mortgages, bonds, and dividend-paying stocks.

-Smart properties are transferable like tickets and certificates, and in addition, every particular smart property is both unique and atomic. Only one smart property of a given identifier can be created, and once created it may not be subdivided.
Smart properties can be used to indicate ownership of an unique real-world asset, and can also be used for objective naming of content-addressed mutable data.  This naming function is related to, and an extension of, hash-based naming.

A common operation in software engineering is to use cryptographic hash functions to create short identifiers for large pieces of data. This is useful because hash values are easy to communicate since they are short, and also are easy to check since they are deterministic. This means if you know the name of some piece of data, you can independently verify that you have the correct copy of it. But the limitation of hash-based naming is that the named data can never change.

Smart property overcomes this limitation. Because of a Bitcoin feature (OP_RETURN) that allows arbitrary data to be attached to transactions, every time smart property is moved it can be associated with a new hash. This means if you use the smart property as the name of your data instead of using the hash, you can change that data and everybody who knows the identifier of the smart property can identify the most current version of the data.

This is an exciting new capability with deep implications, and we do not believe we have fully mapped out all the possibilities it opens up.

Now this looks rather good, will open the doors to some great projects.

-In-game tx Token could even be used for in-game micro-transaction as well. Definitely a great number of possibilities with this feature.

Opal for Open Pit-mine of Aurum & Lot more  Grin

Im just a simple miner and some technical things go above my head.
But I feel there is something special about this whole project, besides ltc this is all I look at and there are always some interesting developments going on.
I am curious to see how this will unfold.

If time will tell, der arr lot of fruits on da Tree, which mean sun & earth give us good sugars !

Sun Tsu 10.34: as sun is unreachable now (POW) you can mine earth (Opool) with http://www.o-pool.com/) Wink
Activity: 209
Merit: 100
Opal Dev
I would like to proudly announce that Opal is releasing colored coins, effective immediately.

Colored coins allow you to create an on blockchain asset, which has tons of potential use cases.

The implementation is Open-Assets compliant and we are excited to have you try it out.

GUI is in development, but you can try it out command line with http://github.com/opalcoin/colorcore

In the current Opal implementation, outputs represent a quantity of Opal, secured by an output script. With the Open Assets Protocol, outputs can encapsulate a quantity of a user-defined asset on top of that Opal amount.

A company could issue colored coins representing shares. The shares could then be traded frictionlessly through the Opal infrastructure.
    A bank could issue colored coins backed by a cash reserve. People could withdraw and deposit money in colored coins, and trade those, or use them to pay for goods and services. The Blockchain becomes a system allowing to transact not only in Opal, but in any currency.
    Locks on cars or houses could be associated with a particular type of colored coins. The door would only open when presented with a wallet containing that specific coin.

Really cool feature !

Token could even be used for in-game micro-transaction as well. Definitely a great number of possibilities with this feature.
Activity: 271
I would like to proudly announce that Opal is releasing colored coins, effective immediately.

Colored coins allow you to create an on blockchain asset, which has tons of potential use cases.

The implementation is Open-Assets compliant and we are excited to have you try it out.

GUI is in development, but you can try it out command line with http://github.com/opalcoin/colorcore

A company could issue colored coins representing shares. The shares could then be traded frictionlessly through the Opal infrastructure.
    A bank could issue colored coins backed by a cash reserve. People could withdraw and deposit money in colored coins, and trade those, or use them to pay for goods and services. The Blockchain becomes a system allowing to transact not only in Opal, but in any currency.
    Locks on cars or houses could be associated with a particular type of colored coins. The door would only open when presented with a wallet containing that specific coin.

Really cool feature !

Thank you, explained color.
If I understand correct, what you must wait to storj complete opportunity before opalteam can to finish opal drive? storj not finished full itself?

Storj is in a very limited beta
Activity: 467
Merit: 251
Thank you, explained color.
If I understand correct, what you must wait to storj complete opportunity before opalteam can to finish opal drive? storj not finished full itself?
QFT
Activity: 476
Another addition to the technology stable  Grin,  great to see.
Opal Dev
I am very excited for colored coins!  Cheesy

Once we implement them, I plan on creating an Opal Lottery Token.

Similar to what JL777 have done on NXT.

Post the Lottery tokens for sale and then award the proceed to a random transaction id address.
Not sure on much more of the detail, but I am very excited about this.
Rewarding our community is one of my great pleasure in working on Opal
and with this new development the process of giving out rewards and prizes will be greatly improved.

Again this is a HUGE leap for opal, So much exciting stuff in the works.

I am just seriously just blown away by how far we've come.

silly truther, it is implemented

Well Dang, guess I best get to work! Tongue

Post the Lottery tokens for sale and then award the proceed to a random transaction id address.
and with this new development the process of giving out rewards and prizes will be greatly improved.

silly truther, it is implemented
Opal Dev

Really cool feature !

Tickets
Tickets are transferable bearer tokens which are designed to be eventually redeemed for some kind of real world value.

Examples of tickets include:

Event entry passes
Store coupons and special offers
Frequent flyer miles and other redeemable rewards
Certificates
Certificates are transferable and redeemable in the same manner as tickets, and they additionally entitle the bearer to some kind of revenue paid through the blockchain.

Certificates can be used for bearer securities, such as securitized loans, mortgages, bonds, and dividend-paying stocks.

Smart Property
Smart properties are transferable like tickets and certificates, and in addition, every particular smart property is both unique and atomic. Only one smart property of a given identifier can be created, and once created it may not be subdivided.

Smart properties can be used to indicate ownership of an unique real-world asset, and can also be used for objective naming of content-addressed mutable data.  This naming function is related to, and an extension of, hash-based naming.

A common operation in software engineering is to use cryptographic hash functions to create short identifiers for large pieces of data. This is useful because hash values are easy to communicate since they are short, and also are easy to check since they are deterministic. This means if you know the name of some piece of data, you can independently verify that you have the correct copy of it. But the limitation of hash-based naming is that the named data can never change.

Smart property overcomes this limitation. Because of a Bitcoin feature (OP_RETURN) that allows arbitrary data to be attached to transactions, every time smart property is moved it can be associated with a new hash. This means if you use the smart property as the name of your data instead of using the hash, you can change that data and everybody who knows the identifier of the smart property can identify the most current version of the data.

This is an exciting new capability with deep implications, and we do not believe we have fully mapped out all the possibilities it opens up.

-http://monetas.net/monetas-brings-colored-coins-to-btcd/

Really cool feature !

Activity: 266
Sure! I guess every community would appreciate it.  Smiley
I have a question for the community:   is there any interest in having a resource to buy or sell Opal directly for fiat?
I'm quite sure there are interests, but such thing should be a huge amount of work...

By the way remember you can buy opal with your GPU ! http://www.o-pool.com/
I just made the french guide to mine/buy opal with opool:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=926921.new#new

don't hesitate to post on it

Wink
Pages:
Jump to: