Pages:
Author

Topic: ANN: [OPAL] | POS | Secure Messaging |NO ICO | bitsquare.io | cryptopia | Yobit - page 77. (Read 383407 times)

Activity: 448
Merit: 250
legendary
Activity: 2424
Merit: 1148
legendary
Activity: 2424
Merit: 1148
OPAL will soon be added to CryptoCloudhosting.org - Thanks for your community request.
Activity: 308
thank you for the edit Jyri.
Activity: 210
Merit: 101
my wallet is v1.3.0.0 from opal-coin.com direct dl, no compiling. opal wallet without trading. just the opaque one. don't know if in-wallet-trading is still 1.1.0

i don't have problems with the blockchain. i had it a few weeks ago and redownloaded the chain. since then no problems

You are right and I was wrong - version 1.3.0.0 is the current one.

I updated the instructions in my previous post to reflect that and modified them to include the re-downloading of the block chain.

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.10054095

- Jyri
--
Altcoin.Center
Activity: 249
my wallet is v1.3.0.0 from opal-coin.com direct dl, no compiling. opal wallet without trading. just the opaque one. don't know if in-wallet-trading is still 1.1.0

i don't have problems with the blockchain. i had it a few weeks ago and redownloaded the chain. since then no problems

Same here.
Activity: 91
Merit: 10

Hi!

what wallet version is in the op? I ask as my wallet v1.1.0.0 hasnt been able to sync for 2 days now, if its not that,does anybody have any ideas?

EDIT: These instructions have been updated 2015-01-06.

Opal version 1.1.0.0 is the correct one. It does appear that Github already has code for version 1.3, but compiled wallets available at Opal-coin.com are 1.1.0.0.

Current version of the Opalcoin wallet is 1.3.0.0. Make sure you download the wallet from the official download links at Opal-coin.com.

Adding Altcoin.Center's seed nodes to the configuration file opalcoin.conf and re-downloading the whole block chain should help you get synchronized. Your coins are safe as long as you keep the wallet.dat file backed up.

The following instructions will walk you through creating an opalcoin.conf configuration file and re-downloading the block chain.

First make sure your Opalcoin wallet is not running; if it is, shut it down.

Locate the Opalcoin data folder. The location depends on which operating system you're using:

- In Windows, the Opalcoin data folder is C:\Users\YourUserName\AppData\Roaming\Opalcoin. The AppData folder is hidden, and in order to make it visible at Windows File Explorer, you must go to the View tab and make sure the Hidden items check box is checked.

- In Mac OS X, the Opalcoin data folder is /Users/YourUserName/Library/Application Support/Opalcoin. The Library folder is hidden, and in order to make it visible at Finder, you must open Terminal (/Applications/Utilities/Terminal) and type the following command to the Terminal window, followed by enter: defaults write com.apple.finder AppleShowAllFiles YES. You will then have to log out and back in to make Finder aware of the configuration change.

- In Linux, the Opalcoin data folder is ~yourusername/.opalcoin

Inside the Opalcoin data folder, you should see four folders and a handful of files. The folders are named database, smsgDB, smsgStore and txleveldb. The names of the files are blk0001.dat, db.log, debug.log, peers.dat and wallet.dat.

Now create a folder named #BACKUP inside the Opalcoin data folder, and move all other files and folders there except the file wallet.dat. Afterwards, your Opalcoin data folder should now only contain the file wallet.dat - the rest of the files should be in the #BACKUP subfolder.

Start a text editor. In Windows you can use Notepad, in OS X TextEdit, and in Linux which ever text editor your distribution happens to provide.

Paste the following lines to the text editor:

gen=0
daemon=1
dnsseed=1

server=1
rpcport=51990
rpcallowip=127.0.0.1
rpcuser=opalcoinrpc
rpcpassword=ChangeThisToARandomStringOfCharactersAndNumbers

checklevel=4
checkblocks=777
checkpoints=1

addnode=seeds.altcoin.center
addnode=seeds.altcoincenter.eu
addnode=seeds.altcoincenter.us

addnode=192.99.111.227
addnode=198.50.151.86
addnode=5.196.226.54
addnode=5.196.29.188

Make sure to change the contents of the rpcpassword parameter in the file into a string of random characters and numbers, i.e. 8cJfDgtMoA6ZRMcsbFDWeT

Save the file with the name opalcoin.conf inside the Opalcoin data folder. Some text editors add a .txt suffix to the file name, so after saving, make sure the file is named opalcoin.conf and not opalcoin.conf.txt.

Finally, start your Opalcoin wallet again.

Your wallet should now connect to the Opal network and start downloading the block chain.

- Jyri
--
Altcoin.Center
Activity: 361
Activity: 279
what wallet version is in the op? I ask as my wallet v1.1.0.0 hasnt been able to sync for 2 days now, if its not that,does anybody have any ideas?
Prolly need to update. 1.3.0.0 is current I think.
Activity: 361
legendary
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000
FLAT OUT!!!
loving the opal team, big future ahead i reckon. vericoin has 26m or something coins and if my memory is correct it reached 50k sat at the peak, opal has no where near reached its potential and with only 15m coins this will be a very interesting year for opal  Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1792
Merit: 1010
keep on rolling good stuff
Regarding the age issue: I'm 40 and love to co-operate with young talents such as Bassguitarman. Many of the Altcoin.Center crew are actually exactly the same sage - 17.

Physical age is truly just a number. I'm sure anyone who has lived on this ball of ours for more than couple of decades keeping his or her eyes and ears open can tell that something has changed during the past 10-20 years; people are reaching such levels of wisdom and understanding at a very early age that it's totally different from how things were when dinosaurs like myself were young. My thinking wasn't anywhere near Bassguitarman's sharpness and clarity until I was way over 30.

Those who have their minds open to the esoteric spheres may be familiar with terminology such as Indigos and Crystals. I'm not going to go any deeper to that here but am saying that I definitely recognize myself as an Indigo, and can sense the Crystal energies of the younger generation brilliantly represented by Bassguitarman miles away.

Age is not the key question - clarity of the mind is.

-j.
--
Altcoin.Center
Activity: 250
When can we expect the rest of the work completed?
drm
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1005
I liked it.
We will be looking back at this at some point in the future.

nicely done opalteam.
Activity: 266
Most of us didn't expected such a young dev, but age means nothing. It's about knowledge and skills and it seems that bass has a lot already! Smiley
Keep it up bass and the whole opal team also!  Wink

It was a nice interview, good infos about f-secure, file storage and all the other exciting things.
Activity: 262
Most of us are over 30, bass keeps us young Wink
Activity: 702
Merit: 251
How old is the rest of the opal team?
legendary
Activity: 1988
Merit: 1000
How old is bassguitarman? He sounds like he's 13.

More like 13-18. Doesn't know he was young at this point !

This is a good thing Smiley he have more skill than the majority of suppose grade skill adult at his young age,a good capability of execution and learning,comprehension.. etc ! he are not at his full potential thats certain Wink
Pages:
Jump to: