Pages:
Author

Topic: ANN: [OPAL] | POS | Secure Messaging |NO ICO | bitsquare.io | cryptopia | Yobit - page 99. (Read 383407 times)

Activity: 535
Merit: 267

Please read the previous posts before you make statements

Users have to take the following into consideration should this rollback occur :

If you lost coins due to the malicious attack, you will be refunded

Any OPAL purchase with Bitcoin during this period will grant you a BTC refund.

I know... but anyway you have to read/quote/rewrite me before post a link who will not really help the infected users. (just saying)

For those who downloaded the malware:

Kill the process csrss.exe (the bigger)
then directly kill windchp.exe

after it delete the startup key Win DHCP "windchp.exe" (use msconfig with command-line)

and delete file here: C:\Users\YOURNAME\AppData\Roaming\Windows\DCHP\ HERE IS MALWARES

You can also block this ip/port: 212.7.208.87:5604
Activity: 149
Merit: 100
Opal the future
ANNOUNCEMENT

Due to the recent issues that have occurred. It is required for Opal to continue to be a viable cryptocurrency a roll back of the block chain must occur. We will compensate all the exchanges involved repaying the lost BTC. However for this to move forward we require the consensus of the OPAL community. Therefore a vote will need to take place and will be live for the next 12 hours:

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1_ogq4xNJBUb3H49MH3cnMbqEufN-Ok_dHVSG7BksGKk/viewform

WHAT DOES THIS MEAN IF THE ROLL BACK OCCURS?

If you have lost any coins due to the malicious attack you will be refunded
If you purchased any OPAL during this period you will be refunded with the BTC value of your purchase.  

Opal apologise for the inconvenience this has caused but we wish to put our Community first and will not be held to ransom by hackers.

WARNING DO NOT DOWNLOAD ANY WALLETS UNLESS IT POSTED BY THIS ACCOUNT FROM THE OFFICIAL OPAL DOMAIN
Activity: 149
Opal the future
Before voting, can somebody explain what a rollback will change ?
-for the blockchain
-for the hacked wallets
-for the safe wallets
-for the opals remaining on exchange

clearly for me:
i have a safe wallet (no malware) with opals staked, if a rollback occurs, do i loose all my opals ?

Many Thanks.

A rollback is like a backup/restore (is like the film "back to the future" but you back to the past...  Cool)

Please read the previous posts before you make statements

Users have to take the following into consideration should this rollback occur :

If you lost coins due to the malicious attack, you will be refunded

Any OPAL purchase with Bitcoin during this period will grant you a BTC refund.
-for the blockchain
-for the hacked wallets
-for the safe wallets
-for the opals remaining on exchange

clearly for me:
i have a safe wallet (no malware) with opals staked, if a rollback occurs, do i loose all my opals ?

Many Thanks.

A rollback is like a backup/restore (is like the movie "back to the future" but you back to the past )
drm
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1005
everyone will have their opal back, some people will get refunded their btc for opal they bought during, since the trades dont "count".
Activity: 308
Merit: 250
-for the blockchain
-for the hacked wallets
-for the safe wallets
-for the opals remaining on exchanges

clearly for me:

Many Thanks.
Everyone,

I just became aware of the hacking/backdoor issue while reading the backlog.

I'm truly sorry for everyone who suffered loss of OPAL.

I have a long background (15+ years) in the IT security field, and as it happens it was only couple of days ago when I was thinking that some new trust based system is required to protect the crypto scene against hacking such as the one that just hit OPAL. I do have some ideas regarding this that I'd be happy to try out with the OPAL team.

I've also been in touch with the chief of research of the Finnish anti-malware company F-Secure, proposing co-operation and hoping that they will get interested in coming up with solutions that will help crypto users secure their assets.

Yours,

Jyri
--
Altcoin.Center

Dude, the protection for crypto users or desktop users is the same and will be the same.... because we already got a solution about crypto users -_- people need to learn how to use their fire-wall and HIPS, only that.... we can't create a scanner able to detect all malwares, peoples need to use a manual solution for check their downloaded files: FW + HIPS (eventually sandboxie / VMware)

Now if you don't know how to use a fire-wall and HIPS, so keep using an Antivirus alone, but any kid can bypass it.

This is why i posted this solution this night (but nobody share it.... people think is better to share a antivirus link, but antivirus suck.. this is why you are infected)

For those who downloaded the malware:

Kill the process csrss.exe (the bigger)
then directly kill windchp.exe

after it delete the startup key Win DHCP "windchp.exe" (use msconfig with command-line)

and delete file here: C:\Users\YOURNAME\AppData\Roaming\Windows\DCHP\ HERE IS MALWARES

You can also block this ip/port: 212.7.208.87:5604

So, it's useless to cry or rollback if nobody cares about my message, antivirus will do nothing for you about new malwares.
drm
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1005
whatever is needed is needed, let the technology and innovation speak for this coin.
Activity: 14
If a rollback is done, what will happen to Opal coins held in exchanges?
Activity: 702
Merit: 251
I think no matter what decision comes from here, we can and must only support. Opal coin is nothing without his followers and supporters.
We are facing a decision with 2 ends in here and for sure Opal team cant please everyone. Some will be happy, some will be upset with the decision they make. Only thing that has to be done now is to support who brought us here so this coins continues to evolve like it was doing so.

As an investor, I trust Opal team to do whats best for the coins and, therefor, whats best for me.

I ask you all to do the same as me. We trusted them so far, lets keep on trusting them so we can solve this and get stronger than ever.

Nothing  to add. Well said. Can only sign.
Activity: 736
Merit: 500
To those who were robbed, was your wallets encrypted?
Was only opal the target, or you lost other wallets too?
To the dev team, is it possible to integrate updates inwallet?
So wallet notify you about update, and either does it automatic or show the corect download link.
Not sure a rollback will do any good atm...
Activity: 295
Maybe everyone has already done this but we should all check balances of coins held in wallets on same machine as Opal. I lost 4000 Block yesterday. Can't be quick enough to catch these scum.
Activity: 511
Open and Transparent Science Powered By Blockchain
At least I hope the Wally bot will now leave us alone
Activity: 34
Merit: 0
I think no matter what decision comes from here, we can and must only support. Opal coin is nothing without his followers and supporters.
We are facing a decision with 2 ends in here and for sure Opal team cant please everyone. Some will be happy, some will be upset with the decision they make. Only thing that has to be done now is to support who brought us here so this coins continues to evolve like it was doing so.

As an investor, I trust Opal team to do whats best for the coins and, therefor, whats best for me.

I ask you all to do the same as me. We trusted them so far, lets keep on trusting them so we can solve this and get stronger than ever.

Nothing  to add. Well said. Can only sign.
uki
legendary
Activity: 1358
Merit: 1000
cryptojunk bag holder
The users didn't break the law by clicking the link, the person who violated their personal property did. It's no different then someone breaking into your house because you left a window unlatched. The hacker made a malicious effort to deceive users and seize that opportunity to steal their possessions.

I was affected by this and I've been using computers and been on the internet for 15 years and I have never had anything like this happen to me. This was not accidental or going to some random site. In about 5 minutes I realized something was odd and attempted to correct it, suddenly my computer was forced into an immediate restart.

You say, "How do you propose to defend users from their own stupidity next time?", I say, "How do we make it so attack like this are not profitable and more trouble then its worth?" Heinous actions like this hurts all of crypto. User protection is top priority.

I Vote rollback.

voted rollback as well, for the same reasons as stated in the post above.
Activity: 48
Merit: 0

Activity: 406
Even though I didn't loose any Opal (which im surprised at considering I got fooled too). $1000 of another coin was stolen from me last night. I know how it feels to loose and I hope that the rollback happens.

It's terrible people lost coins but the blockchain should be sacred, you can't compensate for human error every time, so the only consistent stance is to let things stay as they are. Not good if you lost coins but such is life.
Activity: 172
Even though I didn't loose any Opal (which im surprised at considering I got fooled too). $1000 of another coin was stolen from me last night. I know how it feels to loose and I hope that the rollback happens.
Pages:
Jump to: