Pages:
Author

Topic: ⭐ [ANN] OPEN SOURCE UNIVERSITY - Pre-sale ends 31 DECEMBER ⭐ - page 13. (Read 10331 times)

Activity: 55
Merit: 1
Open Source University looks very interesting and I can see its relevance in this modern time. As a student myself I can see the value in being able to connect to the world’s best academic education as well as to professional development opportunities. When businesses are able to have access to a database of candidates with the right education or learning, skills, and experience that will certainly help with the costs that recruitment and training entails. That makes it easier and efficient for businesses to hire people who are right for the job. I hope the best for this project dev and to
.                   I’m definitely supporting this project I love that Your revolutionising  The way we learn and teach each other all over the world given everybody the same opportunity if you’re willing to put the working in all stored in the worlds Library all on the block chain genius idea

And to think that in the beginning, blockchain was just a simple ledger idea. It's expanding in uses as fast as people's imaginations. The future looks bright.
Activity: 108
Merit: 0
Open Source University looks very interesting and I can see its relevance in this modern time. As a student myself I can see the value in being able to connect to the world’s best academic education as well as to professional development opportunities. When businesses are able to have access to a database of candidates with the right education or learning, skills, and experience that will certainly help with the costs that recruitment and training entails. That makes it easier and efficient for businesses to hire people who are right for the job. I hope the best for this project dev and to
.                   I’m definitely supporting this project I love that Your revolutionising  The way we learn and teach each other all over the world given everybody the same opportunity if you’re willing to put the working in all stored in the worlds Library all on the block chain genius idea
Activity: 91
Your project is sure to be confused with another project, Educoin, as it already use the EDU ticker symbol.

Hey, @envist, OS.University is a decentralized platform to provide an industry-standard way for learners to keep track of their verified credentials, as well as to find the best learning & career development opportunities by getting connected to Academia and businesses.

We are the first to practically implement the concept of a "global credentials wallet" and a "global learning ledger", working on the project since early 2015, but we are not the only ones when it comes to application of the blockchain for various educational purposes. So, indeed, there are other cryptocurrencies as the one you mentioned, but their use-cases are far more limited. From what I read (we've done our preliminary research) this other edu-coin would serve only as a tool to buy and sell crypto-course offerings from a single content vendor, and not as a mean of exchange in a global decentralized educational marketplace.

So yes, similarities stat and end with the name itself the same way similarities in ticker symbols of Bitcoin, Bitcoin Cash, Bitcoin Gold, can be confusing. Once we approach the moment of listing on the first cryptocurrency exchanges in H1 2018, we will pick a unique ticker symbol to represent the ''EDU Token", but also to avoid confusion with other "EDU"-projects. We will also trademark it, the same way all open source projects protect their brand symbols.

This is something that is in our roadmap. But never the less, thanks for giving me the opportunity to underline it.

Best,                 Very interesting project changing the way are kids will learn forever bringing education into the future
Hristian
Activity: 78
Thanks for the positive feedback @purplesugar!

@AleksBozhinov, thank you for your assistance with the announcement.

Hello everyone, we are very happy to announce our initiative on the Bitcointalk forum!
We are here to answer any questions you might have.

OS.University Team
      Definitely I couldn’t agree more, opportunities could be endless educational & career this could be so cost saving for students & adult
Activity: 140
Open Source University looks very interesting and I can see its relevance in this modern time. As a student myself I can see the value in being able to connect to the world’s best academic education as well as to professional development opportunities. When businesses are able to have access to a database of candidates with the right education or learning, skills, and experience that will certainly help with the costs that recruitment and training entails. That makes it easier and efficient for businesses to hire people who are right for the job. I hope the best for this project dev and to your team!
    Definitely loving the idea still going thorough the whitepaper at the minute but a library full of knowledge stored on the blockchain that’s a massive benefit for the students
Activity: 55
Merit: 1
Activity: 108
Open Source University looks very interesting and I can see its relevance in this modern time. As a student myself I can see the value in being able to connect to the world’s best academic education as well as to professional development opportunities. When businesses are able to have access to a database of candidates with the right education or learning, skills, and experience that will certainly help with the costs that recruitment and training entails. That makes it easier and efficient for businesses to hire people who are right for the job. I hope the best for this project dev and to your team!
.           Looks like an exciting new project whitepaper is very interesting
Activity: 6
You may have missed the pre sale but the main sale is still on and a good price.

The team look really good and they know their stuff.

https://os.university/team/

I'm excited for the launch of this one.
Activity: 8
Ah! I have only just found out about this project, this one really interests me as I am thinking about doing some more courses myself and I love the model of this business.

I missed out on the pre sale but I can still get into the main sale 04 JUN 2018 – 01 JULY 2018 – 1 ETH = 750 EDU

I'm looking forward to following the progress of OS University  Grin
Activity: 168
Merit: 5
Open Source University is the World's Academic & Career Development Ledger in the process of making. It is to be empowering 7 billion learners to connect to world's top academic education and professional development opportunities on the Ethereum blockchain.
Activity: 280
Merit: 10
The New ANN thread is Here - https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/ann-open-source-university-education-40-powered-by-edu-tokens-3685252

NOTE: We are not going to update this thread from now on. If you'd like to have your questions answered, please post them in the new thread
Activity: 50
an exciting project, a new solution in addressing issues in the education and business markets. I think this project is good to be developed in the future. hopefully for smooth progress and get a lot of investor support.
Activity: 686
Merit: 255
this project is great because one of the innovations that many people are interested in is proven by the many people who shared about this project on various social media accounts, I hope this project will be able to answer the future challenges of crypto.
Activity: 369
Merit: 100
The Open Source University is a very long time project and I am sure this project will be in the interest of many people because it is interesting
Activity: 140
Open Source University is the World's Academic & Career Development Ledger in the process of making.
Activity: 238
BAANX - https://baanx.com
ICO Analysis: OS.University
 By Fredrik Vold

Blockchain is no longer just the “technology behind bitcoin,” as governments around the world and businesses from a wide range of industries have jumped on the bandwagon. A skyrocketing amount of investment is pouring into the technology, and is being put to work in hiring top-notch developers for all kinds of new blockchain-based projects.

OS.University
(Open Source University) is taking a slightly different approach to this, although it also aims to connect education providers and learners using Blockchain technology.

According to their white paper, OS.University is a decentralized platform that bridges the gap between businesses and education through Blockchain and smart contracts. The Blockchain will be used to validate and verify learners’ credentials, while smart contracts are intended to be used to manage content purchases, marketplace transactions, and hiring processes.

The main idea behind OS.University is to create a meeting place for the following three groups:
Businesses
Academia
Learners

Token
OS.University is issuing a new token called the EDU, a utility token built on the Ethereum ERC20 standard.

Potential token buyers should note that the EDU token is a utility token, and not a security token. This means that token holders do NOT have the right to:
Vote
Participate in any kind of revenue-sharing
Receive dividends of any kind
The incentive for holding EDU tokens is basically that they allow for commission-free transactions within the platform, whereas the use of other cryptocurrencies will be subject to commission fees. Further, the team claims that the EDU token will allow for future scaling of the platform beyond just the Ethereum Blockchain.
30% of the fees collected in the form of EDU tokens will be burned in order to maintain the value of the token.

Team
With the company behind OS.University being based in Bulgaria, most team members are also Bulgarian nationals. In addition, a lot of the media coverage and some of the other videos that the team has put up on their website is in Bulgarian language only, although some of it does have English subtitles.

The website also features a long list of advisors and project ambassadors. This is perhaps not surprising, given the fact that the website also has two buttons anyone can click to “Join the advisory board” or “Become an Ambassador”.

Blockchain is no longer just the “technology behind bitcoin,” as governments around the world and businesses from a wide range of industries have jumped on the bandwagon. A skyrocketing amount of investment is pouring into the technology, and is being put to work in hiring top-notch developers for all kinds of new blockchain-based projects.

Risks
Although the team appears competent from a technical standpoint, they still have a way to go when it comes to the admin and marketing side of things. The Telegram group has more than 54,000 members, but very little activity and it occasionally takes admins a long time to answer even simple questions. -3
We are unsure about the level of commitment from “advisors” and “ambassadors,” given the fact that the website lists a large number of them and it appears as if anyone can sign up as an advisor via their website. -2

Disposition
In summary, the idea that OS.University has can clearly work if carried out in the right way. The main problem with this ICO is the lack of a working MVP at the time of this writing, which should make investors question how much they want to commit at this time.

Overall, we arrive at a score of 5 out of 10 for the OS.University ICO.

https://hacked.com/ico-analysis-os-university/

As for me the project is worthy to look closer to it! I understand that Fredrik Vold authoritative expert! but I personally appreciate this project in 8 \ 10.
I wish good luck to the project team!
Activity: 602
Decentralized Ascending Auctions on Blockchain
I will follow the latest developments about this project in the future and may give a positive development so that more and more to support and join the project.
Activity: 282
I like the idea of the project. Still, there are some questions.
1. Why the section called Our Team is empty?
2. Is it a kind of distance learning?
3. On which Uni your Project is based?
4. What is location of the Uni and in which countries the diploma will be accepted?

Hi there Smiley

1. The section our team could be seen here - https://os.university/team/
2. We are providing people with a platform to collaborate, we are not a provider of education ourselves. Learners could choose from different courses. We provide them with customised educational opportunities, based on distributed learning pathways, curated by Academia and businesses. Universities and MOOC providers on the other hand have a competitive market advantage, achieved through the global blockchain-enhanced learning and development marketplace.
3. Our project is not based in a certain University. Th project is global and it is rather s platform for universities where they could share their programs and courses. Therefore OS.University is a marketplace for them with leaner, faster, more transparent and cost-effective credentialing model.
4. As a team, we are based in several countries. The business development - our project lead and business development are in London, the dev team and the marketing are based in Bulgaria, though we have other representatives all around the world (Canada, Singapore, etc.) As for the platform, very soon it will be live and fully functional at www.os.university We are providing every learner with the opportunity to store their accomplishments indisputably - validated and verified
on the blockchain, showcased worldwide. No matter of the country and the University they graduated or the course they passed.

You may find the answers to your question in our 20-min interview on Bloomberg TV from last week. It is a bit long but every minute worth it Smiley https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oWV8wdh2GgQ

We are available for more questions on Telegram - https://t.me/OSUniversity

Teddy

I am grateful to you for such an informative answer. Thank you for sharing the interview. It was useful.
I see now that the project is very serious and you have a lot of work. This project, of course will find its audience. And I would also like to participate in it! Good luck! Smiley
Activity: 65

NOTE: This ANN thread is outdated and for tech reasons we are not able to update it. Since then we have a new version of the website and a lot more updates from our side. Therefore we've decided that the best thing to do is to open a new ANN thread before the upcoming token sale in June.
Activity: 280
I like the idea of the project. Still, there are some questions.
1. Why the section called Our Team is empty?
2. Is it a kind of distance learning?
3. On which Uni your Project is based?
4. What is location of the Uni and in which countries the diploma will be accepted?

Hi there Smiley

1. The section our team could be seen here - https://os.university/team/
2. We are providing people with a platform to collaborate, we are not a provider of education ourselves. Learners could choose from different courses. We provide them with customised educational opportunities, based on distributed learning pathways, curated by Academia and businesses. Universities and MOOC providers on the other hand have a competitive market advantage, achieved through the global blockchain-enhanced learning and development marketplace.
3. Our project is not based in a certain University. Th project is global and it is rather s platform for universities where they could share their programs and courses. Therefore OS.University is a marketplace for them with leaner, faster, more transparent and cost-effective credentialing model.
4. As a team, we are based in several countries. The business development - our project lead and business development are in London, the dev team and the marketing are based in Bulgaria, though we have other representatives all around the world (Canada, Singapore, etc.) As for the platform, very soon it will be live and fully functional at www.os.university We are providing every learner with the opportunity to store their accomplishments indisputably - validated and verified
on the blockchain, showcased worldwide. No matter of the country and the University they graduated or the course they passed.

You may find the answers to your question in our 20-min interview on Bloomberg TV from last week. It is a bit long but every minute worth it Smiley https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oWV8wdh2GgQ

We are available for more questions on Telegram - https://t.me/OSUniversity

Teddy

Pages:
Jump to: