Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] OpenRigs.com - Aluminium Frames for Mining Rigs - page 13. (Read 52285 times)

Activity: 127
Merit: 100
Well I have been in contact with Fluffy via PM. He has made an attempt to try to make the situation right although I still have yet to receive my rack.

I just wanted to post a public update because as everyone says you always complain in the post but never post updates to the complaint.

Currently Fluffy has said that he had a meeting with the Post Office in his country to discuss what I would assume is the location of the boat that we are waiting on. I haven't heard back from him yet but when I do I will definitely post another reply.

Just for anyone else my order number was 722 coming to Michigan in the USA. I still have yet to see any update

My tracking number is CN028932165ZA  and I still haven't seen a update since 1/14/14 This was a black friday order

Thanks for the update. I am a ways after you but have a tracking number =..I ordered on 12-23 and am also in Michigan so hopefully soon!

Apollo,

I am in the Oakland County Area could you let me know when you receive your order? Would you mind PMing me your tracking number so I can check yours also just to see whos updates first lol 

Currently I am at 39 days since Bag Out status with no updates. I have come to the conclusion that the boat coming here is either going 7 knots or slower, or has taken a detour somewhere else.

josh,

I am in the same boat as you. Order 743. I have discussed this issue with fluffy in private. He told me he's trying to get more information but doesn't have any yet.

USPS does not know where my shipment is. I am order 743, ordered on black friday, with tracking number CN025030082ZA, delivering to the east coast. The package was "bagged out" on Jan 10th.

If we could just figure out the name of the boat we can track it on a site like this: https://www.marinetraffic.com/

Wobbz,

Thanks for giving your input. I also have been communicating privately with him and he has informed me that he is also trying to get more information on this.

Although I did start laughing when I saw on CNN about a freight ship loosing over 500 shipping containers lol... had to start chuckling and say out loud there goes my openrigs rack. I know that isn't the case but had to throw some humor in lol.

Anyways it is pretty sad because I am now looking at other companies that are producing racks like this to have one made that I might actually receive. It just seems very strange how long this is taking.. I completely understand and know that Surface Mail can literally take forever but we are honestly almost to that point of forever where even for surface mail this is becoming quite a long wait.

If I hear anything I will let you know. I am going to look around and see if there is a list of ships that left cape town dock headed for ultimately the USA around the time of our shipments in January.

EDIT:

Fluffy could you please explain to me why it is that Wobbz order which was after mine - Order 743 shipped 3-4 days before mine? That seems to be quite screwed up? Neither of us has received our order but why would a newer order go out before a older order?

Josh

Activity: 135
Well I have been in contact with Fluffy via PM. He has made an attempt to try to make the situation right although I still have yet to receive my rack.

I just wanted to post a public update because as everyone says you always complain in the post but never post updates to the complaint.

Currently Fluffy has said that he had a meeting with the Post Office in his country to discuss what I would assume is the location of the boat that we are waiting on. I haven't heard back from him yet but when I do I will definitely post another reply.

Just for anyone else my order number was 722 coming to Michigan in the USA. I still have yet to see any update

My tracking number is CN028932165ZA  and I still haven't seen a update since 1/14/14 This was a black friday order

Thanks for the update. I am a ways after you but have a tracking number =..I ordered on 12-23 and am also in Michigan so hopefully soon!

Apollo,

I am in the Oakland County Area could you let me know when you receive your order? Would you mind PMing me your tracking number so I can check yours also just to see whos updates first lol 

Currently I am at 39 days since Bag Out status with no updates. I have come to the conclusion that the boat coming here is either going 7 knots or slower, or has taken a detour somewhere else.

josh,

I am in the same boat as you. Order 743. I have discussed this issue with fluffy in private. He told me he's trying to get more information but doesn't have any yet.

USPS does not know where my shipment is. I am order 743, ordered on black friday, with tracking number CN025030082ZA, delivering to the east coast. The package was "bagged out" on Jan 10th.

If we could just figure out the name of the boat we can track it on a site like this: https://www.marinetraffic.com/

My tracking number is CN028932165ZA  and I still haven't seen a update since 1/14/14 This was a black friday order

Apollo,

donator
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1060
GetMonero.org / MyMonero.com
I think you are doing this shipping all wrong. You need to be doing bulk air cargo, not expedited shipping via courier services. Air cargo is a whole lot cheaper. E.g 100 units shipped to the US = USD30/unit, 50 units shipped to the UK = USD60. You need to retain someone in logistics for you to get this shipping issue right.  It is not difficult at all. Collect up your orders for each country even if it takes 1 month then dispatch them bulk air cargo. 1 month wait via air for 30 dollars I am sure everyone can live with vs 4 to 6 months via sea.

You can whittle it down even further, hire a bakkie haul the shit to CPT your self and dispatch it from the airport, instead of paying for a klonkie through the freight co you are using to pick it up in Plett and haul it down there. Ton of options to get the right prices.

Delve into Virgin Atlantic cargo, British air ways cargo, any main carriers air cargo services.

Here some calculators for you

http://www.intercargo.com/

http://worldfreightrates.com/en/

You are paying this premium to simply hand it all off to some company claiming to be in the freight business because it is convenient that they pick it up at your facilities. With a bit of effort you can do everything yourselves and save a fortune and make it workable for your customers.

Good luck !

That's pretty much how we're doing the distribution going forward - bearing in mind that there's still a premium to pay for warehousing and logistics on the other end, but it's definitely going to be smoother ride for customers:)

Edit: misread - we're going to be going pre- not post- into parts of the world, so it makes things even faster and easier
Activity: 33
Merit: 0
I think you are doing this shipping all wrong. You need to be doing bulk air cargo, not expedited shipping via courier services. Air cargo is a whole lot cheaper. E.g 100 units shipped to the US = USD30/unit, 50 units shipped to the UK = USD60. You need to retain someone in logistics for you to get this shipping issue right.  It is not difficult at all. Collect up your orders for each country even if it takes 1 month then dispatch them bulk air cargo. 1 month wait via air for 30 dollars I am sure everyone can live with vs 4 to 6 months via sea.

You can whittle it down even further, hire a bakkie haul the shit to CPT your self and dispatch it from the airport, instead of paying for a klonkie through the freight co you are using to pick it up in Plett and haul it down there. Ton of options to get the right prices.

Delve into Virgin Atlantic cargo, British air ways cargo, any main carriers air cargo services.

Here some calculators for you

http://www.intercargo.com/

http://worldfreightrates.com/en/

You are paying this premium to simply hand it all off to some company claiming to be in the freight business because it is convenient that they pick it up at your facilities. With a bit of effort you can do everything yourselves and save a fortune and make it workable for your customers.

Good luck !
donator
Ahh ok thank you for that, wasn't looking at the CLOSED thread or feathercoin forum.

Well, this thread is only 5 days old, so the previous thread would have to be a point of reference for something like that.
legendary
Activity: 999
Merit: 1000
Ahh ok thank you for that, wasn't looking at the CLOSED thread or feathercoin forum.
donator
Fluffy,

USPS does not know where my order is. How about a response to that PM I sent last Smiley

Last known status: 10 JANUARY

Thanks.

Sorry, must've missed it in the flurry of PMs - will reply now!
donator
Anyone actually receive an item and post a picture of it with valid proof of purchase?

In before self-mod delete.

Yes - several people have taken the time to take photos of their received parcel, others have merely noted it's been received:

https://forum.feathercoin.com/index.php?/topic/6014-openrigs-review-lulz/

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.5082140

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.5149805
KWH
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1045
In Collateral I Trust.
Anyone actually receive an item and post a picture of it with valid proof of purchase?

You either can't read, won't read or are too lazy to read. Which is it?

Read the whole thread, can you point me to a customer who has received their order?  Thanks

Have you tried the first thread?
legendary

Read the whole thread, can you point me to a customer who has received their order?  Thanks
KWH
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1045
In Collateral I Trust.

legendary

Activity: 135
Fluffy,

USPS does not know where my order is. How about a response to that PM I sent last Smiley

Last known status: 10 JANUARY

Thanks.
donator

Please let me know directly once you've spoken to USPS, either via email (listed at the beginning of this topic) or via PM, and we can take it from there:)

I already called USPS and they can't see anything. So let me ask you this...

WHERE IS MY ORDER?

MD

Ok well we are on the bottom end of the surface mail transit times we've grown to expect to the US, so I was just hoping we got lucky. To answer your question directly, you can see on the tracking information it has left South Africa and is en-route to you, so at this stage it is in-between here and you.

Sometimes those sea voyages are not as direct as they could be. For example, we shipped several pallets to a farm in California. The vessel went from here to Newark, and from there it got put on a different vessel to San Francisco (instead of overland, no idea why). There's a vessel every week to Newark, but from Newark to San Francisco there's only a vessel they can use every 14 days. The estimates given were 25 days to Newark, 15 days from Newark to San Francisco, but you've got this possible wait in the middle. Final trip time was 8 weeks including customs and final delivery.

By comparison, EMS to California is around a week to final delivery.

Our options are limited, short of sending a helicopter out to see to intercept the boat:-P We can file a claim with our insurance, but they will wait until USPS confirms that it hasn't hit the country and we're past all reasonable transit times (definitely past the 6-10 weeks we've put as the expected timeline on the site).
Activity: 173

Please let me know directly once you've spoken to USPS, either via email (listed at the beginning of this topic) or via PM, and we can take it from there:)

I already called USPS and they can't see anything. So let me ask you this...

WHERE IS MY ORDER?

MD
Activity: 311
Merit: 250
The Power Of The Coin Is Awesome!!

My tracking number is CN028932165ZA  and I still haven't seen a update since 1/14/14 This was a black friday order

donator
I'm in Australia, so I know all about the seasons Smiley

Do you use DHL/FEDEX for expedited so get around the government delays with the cheaper surface mail option?

We offer Aramex (similar international footprint to DHL and FedEx) as well as EMS, both of which are still subject to customs checks, but of a completely different nature. Aramex parcels are just open-box checks that take a day at the most before Aramex fetch the parcel and off it goes. EMS parcels are separated out by customs and generally processed first because the flimsy waybills tend to get damaged if they lie around too long. Surface mail parcels get further separated depending on the destination, and they won't even begin processing it till the post office confirms availability of a vessel bound for that destination, so it can sit there for weeks before being processed and given to the post office.

Currently our recommendation is EMS - transit times to Oz are like a week: http://auspost.com.au/track/track.html?id=EE028407806ZA - that would've been delivered in less time if the person had been available on the Wednesday;) EMS is also significantly cheaper than Aramex for orders under 50 units.
Activity: 208
I'm in Australia, so I know all about the seasons Smiley

Do you use DHL/FEDEX for expedited so get around the government delays with the cheaper surface mail option?
Pages:
Jump to: