Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] OpenRigs.com - Aluminium Frames for Mining Rigs - page 6. (Read 52285 times)

Activity: 21
Merit: 0
Well, if EMS is significantly cheaper now and I paid additional to switch over to EMS back when the prices were high, shouldn't I logically get the difference refunded since you will be paying your carrier the lower rate you now advertise (and not the extremely high prices you initially charged)?

This would especially apply if the package still has not shipped. Also, my package has now been in customs for 31 days and counting.

Order 1441.

Definitely, any pending shipments that go out from this week are on our new rates. In your instance, though, that order has cleared customs, as far as I can see. I'll get one of the support staff to re-send the tracking details to you:)

Thank you. I will keep an eye out for that. Can you tell me when it cleared customs? And can I still expect it within a week with EMS?
Activity: 406
Merit: 250
No need to get upset.  It might have said 4-6 weeks when we ordered, but they meant for it to say 6-10 weeks, and it was intended to imply that it could be 10+ weeks. 

Silly customers, should have done EMS if they wanted their product within half of a year from paying...  stupid entitled Americans Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 966
Merit: 1004
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
1/22/2014 11:12 AM   Arrival at outward office of exchange   CAPETOWN D   
1/22/2014 11:12 AM   Departure from outward office of exchange   CAPETOWN D 

Im going off the above date from the tracking page (http://globaltracktrace.ptc.post/gtt.web/) .. " Departure from outward office of exchange" means it left the country eh?

If it doesnt then i dont know what the **** im waiting for! It will be 3 1/2 months in a few days!!!! If the other guy whos item shipped on the 8th doesnt have his surely im looking at another 15 days!!  That would make it 4 months after paying with no product!

Hey Fluffy can you verify "Departure from outward office of exchange   CAPETOWN D" means it left the country!

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

Wait you paid on dec 5th and it shipped on 1/8/2014 !!?

**** me!! I ordered on Dec 2nd and it shipped 1/22/14 !! Dam near 15 days later...

Guess i got a minimum wait of 15 more days.

Are those ship dates from OpenRigs or the tracking info?

I ordered Nov 30th, and OpenRigs shipped it on Dec 23rd, but the tracking info shows it went out on Jan 8th.  Might be a reason for the differences.

Either way, I think I we are still in "awesome" status, according to Fluffy.

Edit:  Just realized, I ordered on Black Friday and likely won't get it before Good Friday.  Wowzah.
legendary
I got my frames, but was disappointed when I saw how the standoffs were drilled improperly. The holes on the bar with 2 standoffs were literally two whole inches off, zero chance of alignment. Not only that, the delay caused me to get another set of frames instead. I have use for these, so it's not the end of the world, and the frame itself isn't bad at all, well thought out. But even with EMS shipping it took 2 months to get here. On top of that, I need to redrill the standoff holes. If I had to grade the whole experience, I'd have to give it a 5...out of 10. Especially because I had to put in manual labor for something that should fit from the get-go.

lol@ Manual Labor ..

Did you lift the drill bit yourself or did someone else place it in the drill? If you had to pull the trigger yourself im right there with you man! Nobody should ever have to do that.. I once hung a picture on the wall, it was an experience i wont forget!

Seriously tho.. post pics! Order #, and where on the planet you are?

I placed my order on December 5, 2013. You guys didn’t get around to shipping it until 1/08/2014 (a month!!)

https://openrigs.com/index.php?route=account/order/info&order_id=885

http://sms.postoffice.co.za/tracking/parcel.aspx?id=CN028932072ZA  “bag out”

https://tools.usps.com/go/TrackConfirmAction.action?tRef=fullpage&tLc=1&tLabels=CN028932072ZA “Waiting for Origin Post”

http://globaltracktrace.ptc.post/gtt.web/ - “On Route” but nothing since 1/14

Still waiting... I guess I am also a member of the "100 day club" since it still didn't hit the USPS system yet.

Fluffy - I seriously don't believe that I am going to get this shipment. I would like to get a refund at this point.

Wait you paid on dec 5th and it shipped on 1/8/2014 !!?

**** me!! I ordered on Dec 2nd and it shipped 1/22/14 !! Dam near 15 days later...

Guess i got a minimum wait of 15 more days.  #$(&^%$%^!!!!

Activity: 173
Merit: 100
I placed my order on December 5, 2013. You guys didn’t get around to shipping it until 1/08/2014 (a month!!)

https://openrigs.com/index.php?route=account/order/info&order_id=885

http://sms.postoffice.co.za/tracking/parcel.aspx?id=CN028932072ZA  “bag out”

https://tools.usps.com/go/TrackConfirmAction.action?tRef=fullpage&tLc=1&tLabels=CN028932072ZA “Waiting for Origin Post”

http://globaltracktrace.ptc.post/gtt.web/ - “On Route” but nothing since 1/14

Still waiting... I guess I am also a member of the "100 day club" since it still didn't hit the USPS system yet.

Fluffy - I seriously don't believe that I am going to get this shipment. I would like to get a refund at this point.
Activity: 5
I got my frames, but was disappointed when I saw how the standoffs were drilled improperly. The holes on the bar with 2 standoffs were literally two whole inches off, zero chance of alignment. Not only that, the delay caused me to get another set of frames instead. I have use for these, so it's not the end of the world, and the frame itself isn't bad at all, well thought out. But even with EMS shipping it took 2 months to get here. On top of that, I need to redrill the standoff holes. If I had to grade the whole experience, I'd have to give it a 5...out of 10. Especially because I had to put in manual labor for something that should fit from the get-go.
legendary
Hey!! Thanks for the genuine response man.. Sometimes thats all people want is someone to be straight up.

Sorry if i picked a bad example with af_newbie.. i didnt realize you guys had issues with him outside the normal wait time ranting like myself..

donator
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1060
GetMonero.org / MyMonero.com
You realize there is nothing "awesome" about that .. In fact that's someone who followed through with his end of the agreement and sent you money and supported your small business only to get royally screwed and is now resorting to selling the unused item for less than 1/2 of what he paid.. You would think one would be apologetic or sympathetic at the minimum..

Like this:
"Im sorry your product took longer than expected to arrive. Hopefully you will give us an opportunity in the future to get it right."

We apologize for the inconvenience caused by the delay, tho it was not in our control we take full responsibility and are taking steps to ensure a better customer experience"

Even like this:
" Im really sorry! "

Somehow i think it's me..

Maybe im looking at it the wrong way..

maybe in your next video which i found *.extremely entertaining..  you can add a test dummy representing a paying customer like af_newbie and just beat the living **** out of em and then with a mental patient ear to ear grin on your face you spit right in his face and look directly into the camera and say -->>    " you piece of ****, i got your money and i could give a **** less about your experience or whether you get the product you paid for in a timely manner or not! "   

Now that would be awesome eh!  or am i not doing it right?..

That's not entirely correct. I sympathise with people like joshvette and wobbzzz who chose a slow shipping method in error - I have corrected that by re-shipping their parcels via EMS at our expense, and we will figure out what to do once the original parcels arrive. C'est la vie.

af_newbie's case is a different one. Not only did he willingly and knowingly choose a slow shipping method, but before his item left the country he opened a PayPal dispute. During the course of that dispute the transit timelines were reiterated over and over again. He even had the opportunity to upgrade to EMS at that point, which he did not take up. He closed the case of his own volition, accepting that it would arrive within the stipulated transit time, which at that stage was (and I'm quoting from what we told him in the comments of the case) - "Shipping via regular surface mail typically takes up to 6 weeks (longer if there are import delays at the destination country)". Sure, those were naive timelines, and that's why (per the recommendation on the previous thread) we adjusted the timelines to 6-10+ weeks, up to a maximum of 13 weeks.

So when he came on the thread spewing vitriol because he received it, it's really hard to be apologetic. I said "awesome" because it's the first Canadian surface mail shipment that has indicated they've received it, so it gives us a baseline. I won't engage on his other comments because they don't warrant engagement.

We can talk around this issue at length, but basically nobody (including us) expected the surface mail parcels to literally take 10 weeks to the US, especially when we're seeing like 5 weeks to the UK. Had we known it was going to be that bad, we would never have even put that up as an option, or we would have put some ridiculous transit timeline like 4 months just to make sure nobody chooses it. I definitely sympathise with those who are waiting, and I cannot apologise enough that the "or longer" bit in our surface mail estimates has ended up being "definitely frikkin longer, in fact way, way longer than you or I realise".

Respectfully, I do not think it will be productive or useful for me to apologise at length in every post, though. I think it will end up sounding less than genuine, because everyone wants a solution, they want action. An apology doesn't get their order to them faster. My focus at the moment is on seeing how we can ensure that this doesn't happen in future for anyone, by improving and streamlining our processes, and by making fundamental changes to our logistics model. Does this solve the problem for customers whose orders have already shipped? No, of course not, but we have no choice but to learn from the rocky past and move forward.
legendary
donator
Well, if EMS is significantly cheaper now and I paid additional to switch over to EMS back when the prices were high, shouldn't I logically get the difference refunded since you will be paying your carrier the lower rate you now advertise (and not the extremely high prices you initially charged)?

This would especially apply if the package still has not shipped. Also, my package has now been in customs for 31 days and counting.

Order 1441.

Definitely, any pending shipments that go out from this week are on our new rates. In your instance, though, that order has cleared customs, as far as I can see. I'll get one of the support staff to re-send the tracking details to you:)
Activity: 21

Order 1441.
Activity: 18
donator
Activity: 18
NOTE: Apparently this is normal for delivery to North America. Read the timelines on the site.

Order #685 here. Date Added: 29/11/2013.

So I ordered back in November 2013 for the black friday sale. 104 days later I'm still sitting here wondering where my GPU frames are. Thank god I didn't decide to wait to do my builds. Here are some details:

---------------

29/11/2013   Pending      

05/12/2013   Fabrication      Aluminium has arrived (yay!), plastic is being moulded at the speed of soft thunder, and we're fabricating away!

19/12/2013   Shipped, pending customs check      Off it goes! Customs will now do a little x-ray and a paperwork check to make sure all is in
order. Once that's done we'll be given tracking numbers, which we'll send on to you within the next couple of days at the most:)

17/01/2014   Shipped to customer

---------------

Track History
Date   Time   Location   Description   Retail Location   Signatory Name
2014/01/23   11:28   ZACPTD,South Africa   International item has left originating country and is en route to Canada      
2014/01/20   09:32   ZACPTD,South Africa   International item processed in originating country

---------------
donator
I didn't misunderstand. I've been waiting over 10 weeks since it was shipped, which took a month from the time of order. I would say I've been pretty patient considering its been 3 months since I placed the order. I don't think anything is coming.

I must correct you there, I'm afraid - both CN028931505ZA and CN028931505ZA went into transit on 2014/01/21, so it's been just on 7 weeks by my calculation.

Edit: also, what do you mean "I don't think anything is coming"? I couldn't get all these parcels to track on all the global tracking sites except by some magical conspiracy...?
Activity: 59
I feel I've been scammed. My last post was deleted by fluffypony. Apparently if you wait over 45 days then paypal wont let you dispute the charge. Well it's been 3 months and I see no product. I am call my credit card company right now. Don't fall for this scam.

I don't think it's fair to call it a scam. You misunderstood the shipping times like a lot of other people.  I am order 767 and still waiting.  Although I'm losing faith I'll ever receive it because I'll be moving before the end of March. :-/

I didn't misunderstand. I've been waiting over 10 weeks since it was shipped, which took a month from the time of order. I would say I've been pretty patient considering its been 3 months since I placed the order. I don't think anything is coming.
Activity: 84
Merit: 10
canada does NOT have free health care, get that idea out of your head.

I think we do have free healthcare. As "free" as it can be, i.e. you don't have to pay to see a doctor, or to be treated at the hospital.

All we need is just some better weather... I am sick of this long winter  Sad
donator

Yeah I know, was just kidding;) Here we pay the equivalent of aout $250/month for my wife and I, and that doesn't include dental or non-chronic medication or anything you'd actually use. Gah.
Activity: 910
buy silver!
Pages:
Jump to: