Author

Topic: [ANN] [PASC] PascalCoin, true deletable blockchain - V3 Hardfork on block 210000 - page 190. (Read 990744 times)

Activity: 252
Merit: 250
Keeping People Honest - Don't Get Scammed
I cannot get the pool synched back to the "other" chain, looks like not everyone has updated and there are still invalid blocks sent which are rejected by the newer daemon.

Well, thats what you have with new technology, this is not a well known and good working Bitcoin based coin, it's a new source based on Pascal with all the exploits available fixed in bitcoin versions Smiley

I'll try to get switched to a backup node running the old version.

The Clockerror is known since years. The Problem is the DEV... Before i puplished a source of a coin i must review more and more times the code.
The Problem is... the dev is burning real money with his shit code...

How did the dev make any real money on this coin? Get your facts straight

There was NO ICO and NO PREMINE. All the dev has is the coins in wallet 0 and that's all.

First people complained about premines, then they complained about ICOs, and now they complain about coins without premines and without ICOs.

How did the dev make any money?  They were mining at launch when the difficulty was low and nobody was interested in mining this coin because they thought it was a joke.  They probably mined tens of thousands of coins.  What makes you think the only coins the dev had were in wallet 0?  They would get new accounts for mining coins just like any other miner.  They could be holding thousands of accounts.  Your reasoning is flawed.  I'm sure the dev made a significant amount of btc off of this coin. 

Activity: 58
Merit: 1
Seriously?  Go look at any other coins code including btc and you will see the same warnings. 

Next time you download a piece of software read the Terms. For PascalCoin its

THIS IS EXPERIMENTAL SOFTWARE. Use it for educational purposes only.

I don't understand why you are complaining something tells me you aren't mining PASC or even holding any PASC coins.

So, it looks this is all an experiment...

What this all about, we have most stable never had a bugs Ethereum and yes no hardforks etc...   )
Bugs will be fixed, even zCash had "time machine" bug.

So, let's keep the good job and digging Smiley
Activity: 195
Merit: 100
Seriously?  Go look at any other coins code including btc and you will see the same warnings. 

I don't understand why you are complaining something tells me you aren't mining PASC or even holding any PASC coins.

What this all about, we have most stable never had a bugs Ethereum and yes no hardforks etc...   )
Bugs will be fixed, even zCash had "time machine" bug.
Activity: 46
Merit: 0
Yep, ocminer has always been open and honest.  He's inspired me to want to build my own pool, so I'll attempt that over the next week or two.  That way in the future we can have more than 1 honest pool.

Thanks for your efforts. Take your time mate.
Still hope the miners would switch to suprnova ...the good side of the might..

Its like Jedi vs. Sith

somehow i like the transparency and honesty ocminer is working with the community.

Yep, ocminer is a first class operator.

I have to stay in the Nano. When I try on Suprnova, I have a lot of rejections >10%.

Maybe it's because I'm mining from Brazil, and latency is not very good. I am not sure

Activity: 57
Merit: 0
Yep, ocminer has always been open and honest.  He's inspired me to want to build my own pool, so I'll attempt that over the next week or two.  That way in the future we can have more than 1 honest pool.

Its like Jedi vs. Sith

somehow i like the transparency and honesty ocminer is working with the community.

Yep, ocminer is a first class operator.
Seriously?  Go look at any other coins code including btc and you will see the same warnings.  

Good to know that then.

Well, I am one of the supporters of this project, I do have faith in this and it has a lot of potential. As I said some lines above: there is a lot to do and to improve, we have to do it an go on. One of the must important facts is that the coin has a decent community and good attention. It needs to mature and we need more support from the dev and viceversa.

I had to stop mining because my rigs wasn't mining to anywhere. Can we start digging again? Smiley This is like the oil industry: dig 24/7, no stop, no mercy... if one rig stops, you are loosing money jejejejejejejejejeje
legendary
Activity: 1068
Merit: 1020

So, it looks this is all an experiment... what a lesson!!!!!!
Activity: 2086
Merit: 562
I found a way to extract the "bad" payments from the pool, it takes a bit time but everything should be fixed within the next 3-4h and you should see some balance back in your account.

All new mined blocks and transactions are fully unaffected and are working/paying fine.

Thanks for your patience.

Thanks for the update..
legendary
Yep, ocminer has always been open and honest.  He's inspired me to want to build my own pool, so I'll attempt that over the next week or two.  That way in the future we can have more than 1 honest pool.

Its like Jedi vs. Sith

Activity: 574
Fighting mob law and inquisition in this forum

Its like Jedi vs. Sith

legendary
Activity: 2688
Merit: 1240
I found a way to extract the "bad" payments from the pool, it takes a bit time but everything should be fixed within the next 3-4h and you should see some balance back in your account.

All new mined blocks and transactions are fully unaffected and are working/paying fine.

Thanks for your patience.
I see all current blocks but I'm on 1.4.3 wallet. The found blocks matching to the current chain I see.
legendary
I was on the latest update and I was still connected to the nanopool fork, so I don't think it's the version.
Activity: 168
Merit: 104

well said ! & it was pretty obvious from the beginning abt N..O not only on pasc saw many other complaints abt other coins too.

yeah lookin' fwd to the sgminer install. still no answers for solo mining using sgminer.

Thanks

well i was not asking about solo mining with linux sgminer, but about a missing folder and files that prevent the miner from building in ubuntu/linux

it seems in both suprnova and nanos download, its missing hte jansson folder and files in the submodules folder.. which prevent it from building.

which if it is missing that folder and the files within... shows nano just took suprnovas version and adopted it...

the download should have the jansson folder and files right?  when i add that folder and files within from the original sgminer git, it all builds fine and runs fine in linux.... so want to confirm with someone else using linux that the jansson folder was a problem for them also (or that the build failed, and if so, they are unsure why it failed)
legendary
Activity: 1500
Merit: 1002
Mine Mine Mine
The problem is --if so they would have masked it or try to do so.
But it could all be a bad coincident after all.

In the end we should all calm down and say they are not guilty as long as there is no proof.

But I noticed the following from the last 5 blocks nanopool found I got no payment even tho I was mining with fullspeed and send plenty of shares.
I thought this guys want to discredit nano pool but i now realized after 5 blocks i got nothing but energy bill they really do cheat.

is anyone using the sgminer-pascal LINUX version?  i got mine to build and it works, but wondering if anyone ran into problems building it due to a missing folder and files?
Thanks

and is there proof that nanopool was behind all the BS?  because thats really nasty if there is and I would like to see proof to show people.

There were long spans that all blocks were mined by nanopool and yet block age still reflect negative on the daemon. One thought that comes to mind was  they were only delaying block broadcast, but soon dumbfounded to timestamp attack. Meaning found ahead of present time. Of course, others noticed that and if you have a sizeable farm why not do it? more income. It just,as you say, "nasty" and after these long years of crypto existence, attack like that still cripple fair mining. and resulted to suprnova mining on forked chain. These cheaters want this coin on their own alone.

@oslak, so there is proof about the timestamp attack from the blocks mined.  the DDOS is i suppose impossible to tell, and I guess we know they have continued on the old blockchain.. so thats proof 2 for 3 right?  thats bad. .. would for sure point to them as being responsible for the DDOS

i was finding that i was getting much more in much less time once suprnova opened from suprnova... where it took me ages to get coins on nano

I am not be surprised as they must have started to loose a lot of miners once suprnova opened (they lost me instantly, i would switch just for manual payouts... nevermind all the other additional goodies on suprnova + sgminer was kicking their ass, and suprnova was rewarding pascs way faster and at a much higher rate than nano)- the incentive is there.  it makes them look guilty because they are the ones with the most incentive and the power to stop a fork right?  no one else has the power of so many miners behind them... other than suprnova... I guess this is the problem when so few pools exist?

and I suppose the DDOS attacks would strengthen their ability to keep the old chain dominant? that and the timestamps... if im thinking right, that seems to make some sense to me

lucky for me (i guess) i have a guest staying in my mining room the last few days and haven't been able to mine...

I guess no one is using the linux miner... sigh... ive asked like 4 times with no luck getting a response from anyone...
ok ill show people how to install it with a download folder/file fix from git...

well said ! & it was pretty obvious from the beginning abt N..O not only on pasc saw many other complaints abt other coins too.

yeah lookin' fwd to the sgminer install. still no answers for solo mining using sgminer.
Activity: 168
Merit: 104

In the end we should all calm down and say they are not guilty as long as there is no proof.

But I noticed the following from the last 5 blocks nanopool found I got no payment even tho I was mining with fullspeed and send plenty of shares.
I thought this guys want to discredit nano pool but i now realized after 5 blocks i got nothing but energy bill they really do cheat.

is anyone using the sgminer-pascal LINUX version?  i got mine to build and it works, but wondering if anyone ran into problems building it due to a missing folder and files?
Thanks

and is there proof that nanopool was behind all the BS?  because thats really nasty if there is and I would like to see proof to show people.

There were long spans that all blocks were mined by nanopool and yet block age still reflect negative on the daemon. One thought that comes to mind was  they were only delaying block broadcast, but soon dumbfounded to timestamp attack. Meaning found ahead of present time. Of course, others noticed that and if you have a sizeable farm why not do it? more income. It just,as you say, "nasty" and after these long years of crypto existence, attack like that still cripple fair mining. and resulted to suprnova mining on forked chain. These cheaters want this coin on their own alone.

@oslak, so there is proof about the timestamp attack from the blocks mined.  the DDOS is i suppose impossible to tell, and I guess we know they have continued on the old blockchain.. so thats proof 2 for 3 right?  thats bad. .. would for sure point to them as being responsible for the DDOS

i was finding that i was getting much more in much less time once suprnova opened from suprnova... where it took me ages to get coins on nano

I am not be surprised as they must have started to loose a lot of miners once suprnova opened (they lost me instantly, i would switch just for manual payouts... nevermind all the other additional goodies on suprnova + sgminer was kicking their ass, and suprnova was rewarding pascs way faster and at a much higher rate than nano)- the incentive is there.  it makes them look guilty because they are the ones with the most incentive and the power to stop a fork right?  no one else has the power of so many miners behind them... other than suprnova... I guess this is the problem when so few pools exist?

and I suppose the DDOS attacks would strengthen their ability to keep the old chain dominant? that and the timestamps... if im thinking right, that seems to make some sense to me

I also suppose that Polo would be as much to blame as nano for whats happened, as if polo switched to the new chain and stopped accepting the old chain, this problem probably wouldnt have happened?  ... trying to wrap my little brain around this mess....

lucky for me (i guess) i have a guest staying in my mining room the last few days and haven't been able to mine...

I guess no one is using the linux miner... sigh... ive asked like 4 times with no luck getting a response from anyone...
ok ill show people how to install it with a download folder/file fix from git...
Activity: 273
is anyone using the sgminer-pascal LINUX version?  i got mine to build and it works, but wondering if anyone ran into problems building it due to a missing folder and files?
Thanks

and is there proof that nanopool was behind all the BS?  because thats really nasty if there is and I would like to see proof to show people.

There were long spans that all blocks were mined by nanopool and yet block age still reflect negative on the daemon. One thought that comes to mind was  they were only delaying block broadcast, but soon dumbfounded to timestamp attack. Meaning found ahead of present time. Of course, others noticed that and if you have a sizeable farm why not do it? more income. It just,as you say, "nasty" and after these long years of crypto existence, attack like that still cripple fair mining. and resulted to suprnova mining on forked chain. These cheaters want this coin on their own alone.
dlx
Activity: 61
Merit: 10
There are two separate aspects of the incident:

1-  The attack with false time stamps, from someone, most probably a big mining farm as OC pointed out.

2- The totally spastic reaction of the [dev - pool operators] combination.

It's 8 years of crypto experience, and the same faults repeats.

Pity for the coin, and the people who try to support it.

I don't pity greedy miners at all.

I thought this guys want to discredit nano pool but i now realized after 5 blocks i got nothing but energy bill. MH
Jump to: