Author

Topic: [ANN] [PASC] PascalCoin, true deletable blockchain - V3 Hardfork on block 210000 - page 192. (Read 990744 times)

legendary
Activity: 3808
Merit: 1723
Up to 300% + 200 FS deposit bonuses
OCMiner is it safe to mine at your pool again?

no, no one knows which chain Polo will follow...

How many PASC are you currently holding? Or how much hashrate do you have mining PASC?
legendary
Activity: 2688
Merit: 1240

I'm on the old 1.4.2 version, the explorer and Nano seems to be on that version too..

So I guess.. yes ?! Smiley
Activity: 574
Merit: 250
Fighting mob law and inquisition in this forum

You didn't get my question aren't you..
Activity: 154
Merit: 100

Activity: 1932
Merit: 288
I had over 30 Pascal from valid chain before the fork happened..
So they are lost ..i just see 11PASC left in my account. Despite the coins from the invalid chain that gone too.

No, just let me figure out how to rescan that wallet, I'm waiting for the dev, the coins before the fork are (should be) safe !

i've got all my old coins within the new 1.4.3 wallet.
Activity: 270
Where's Mr Pascal?  Any info if original chain pascals can be rolled back?
Activity: 169
No operation with this hash

oh my gad where is my pascal, incredible, sent supernova to poloniex but my pascal not arrived
legendary
So they are lost ..i just see 11PASC left in my account. Despite the coins from the invalid chain that gone too.

No, just let me figure out how to rescan that wallet, I'm waiting for the dev, the coins before the fork are (should be) safe !
Activity: 145
PascalCoin Build 1.4.3

Hi PascalCoin users

New build 1.4.3 is ready.

It has some minor changes, also prevents "old time" mining.
Windows installer includes OpenCL miner

Source code is at GitHub:
https://github.com/PascalCoin/PascalCoin

Binaries, Windows installer, blockchain... at SourceForge:
https://sourceforge.net/projects/pascalcoin/files

Looks like "some minor changes" are not minor at all.

BTW:
Well look but 9:28 GTM+1 there was also valid block in the chain from suprnova.

Wallet 1.4.3..so which one is now the proper one?
legendary
OK, I get accepted blocks with the old version:

http://explorer.pascalcoin.org/block.php?block=59300

So the pool is back on track now.. Just really a pity that there are now valid consensus rules, usually old blocks should be rejected...

Well.. Thats how it is..
It would be very sad if also the mined coins from previous valid blockchain are lost..

What do you mean? If pasc is forked, so the price would be dumped drasticly. On the contrary, the price is pumping drasticly, what is the reason?

I mean the following we have mined on the vlaid chain until it forked meanwhile the coins we mined from valid chain must be confirmed some time takes round 120 confirmations at pool side.
So lets assume you have mined a block on vali chain it was at 118 valid confirmations and then the fork happened..now it still runs somehow and there where valid coins from valid chain now the got confirmed somehow also in the fork and now the autopayment comes and transfer them into the forked chain. I mean there have been valid coins form valid chain that get confirmed during and after the fork.

You get my point?

I do not talk about pump or such shit it not my intention nor my interest in current situation I said want to cover the expenses of mining..
Activity: 588
Merit: 501
It would be very sad if also the mined coins from previous valid blockchain are lost..

What do you mean? If pasc is forked, so the price would be dumped drasticly. On the contrary, the price is pumping drasticly, what is the reason?
It would be very sad if also the mined coins from previous valid blockchain are lost.. due to confirmed and such.
I didn't withdraw the coin I noticed in the night that the transaction didn't show up at polo and mailed you :-)
But everyone need some rest and I was just awake due to my gym session :-/  Roll Eyes
Activity: 1932
Merit: 288
Some people are into great shock while they missed this train by selling at very low price even I also not realized that it would go at so high. Anyway I'm out from the beginning of the pump and now waiting to see what the price would get it's real value.

it seems to me that we'll see another pump rising soon.
legendary
Lost 100 Pascal due to this..stupid not to mention also transfers was going from a valid blockchain due to invalid over autopayment in the wrong blockchain maybe lost forever.
How you could reintroduce a bug of bitcoin they had many years ago? This is amateurish.

Ocminer: What about the coins from valid chain that have been transfered due to autopayment when pool was on wrong chain? Are these valid also lost? They should still be there right?

Well.. the problem is, many folks mined much more coins during the fork than they did before. They saw that and then of course withdraw that to polo so the wallet sent the coins there, they never get there but they are at least how it looks gone from the wallet.

There doesn't seem to be a "rescan" or "reindex" option in the wallet - i'm looking for that currently to see what is lost and what not...

Lets wait for the dev

EDIT: What is 100% secure is that one big miner did NOT upgrade from 1.4.2 and subsequently rejected my valid blocks from 1.4.3
Activity: 145
We've returned to the previous wallet version too, to prevent accident forking of Nanopool.

BTW: If there is such a big change in the wallet, making it at least theoretically incompatible with the previous blockchain version, shouldn't it have been done somehow else?
Like setting the block number the changes applied and making announcement like "you MUST update your wallet before X day", "mandatory update" and so on?
As it looks more like kind of a "fork" to me.
legendary
Activity: 1918
Merit: 1003
Some people are into great shock while they missed this train by selling at very low price even I also not realized that it would go at so high. Anyway I'm out from the beginning of the pump and now waiting to see what the price would get it's real value.
legendary
Activity: 3808
Merit: 1723
Up to 300% + 200 FS deposit bonuses
Lost 100 Pascal due to this..stupid not to mention also transfers was going from a valid blockchain due to invalid over autopayment in the wrong blockchain maybe lost forever.
How you could reintroduce a bug of bitcoin they had many years ago? This is amateurish.

Ocminer: What about the coins from valid chain that have been transfered due to autopayment when pool was on wrong chain? Are these valid also lost? They should still be there right?

I don't think those are lost, I think he can just rollback everything. But only until the block were it forked. Because he sent it on the new chain on the old chain they weren't sent anywhere.
Jump to: