Author

Topic: [ANN] [PASC] PascalCoin, true deletable blockchain - V3 Hardfork on block 210000 - page 384. (Read 990744 times)

legendary
Activity: 1694
Merit: 1002
Go Big or Go Home.....
The hashrate is going to go through the roof after this GPU miner release.

Yeah. I think net will be around 20x from yesterday within a few days. When and miner is out double or quadruple that.
I'll be watching from the sidelines if its profitable enough with any 10xx Nvidia GPUs even.
legendary
Activity: 3416
Merit: 1059
awwww...how about my AMD's?
Activity: 1008
Merit: 500
The hashrate is going to go through the roof after this GPU miner release.
Activity: 196
Merit: 100
Found a block with a 1070 I threw at this.

Hashrate around 120MH
Activity: 649
Merit: 505
mhh very strange block 19890 found by one of my miner but wallet says i have not the private keys Huh
legendary
Activity: 1713
Merit: 1029
i use only 1 miner thread but running three istances of pascal coin (1 for each card) and cpu usage is big...

Ahh, I'll see what I can do Smiley
Made a build of the PascalWallet that uses 0% CPU while running for a GPU miner, testing it to make sure it can still mine a block, and then I'll publish it!
legendary
i use only 1 miner thread but running three istances of pascal coin (1 for each card) and cpu usage is big...

Ahh, I'll see what I can do Smiley
legendary
vorksholk you think this coin can mine also with compute capability 1.3 ? (have some testla card s1070 laying around) more over i see HUGE cpu usage ... should i disable mining in the pascal coin wallet and use only cuda exe ?

These cards are being sold super cheap right now on Ebay, and it looks like there are a lot of them around.  Another user here in a thread I just posted on the cards said they were essentially worthless for mining except to play with, but I'm a bit of an optimist.  Maybe also while the coin is still young they would be ok.  What are your experience with them?  I have the new thread maybe you could chime in there. 

As far as I'm aware, recent CUDA dev tools don't even support computing for things
Activity: 2730
Merit: 552
sooo when sha asics can mine too

More than likely a new ASIC would have to be developed (due to differences in the way PascalCoin is mined, despite being SHA-256), although I can't speak for certain.

Maybe just a new chip developed to fit into a standard ASIC like an Antminer model, or, maybe a patch into a raspberry pi.
It's amazing how much technical knowledge there is in electronics today.  Someone in that community may love the project.  Someone might try the electropoint board.  I don't know enough to get serious about this side and don't have time to give to it for the learning curve. 
legendary
vorksholk you think this coin can mine also with compute capability 1.3 ? (have some testla card s1070 laying around) more over i see HUGE cpu usage ... should i disable mining in the pascal coin wallet and use only cuda exe ?

My code isn't compatible with cc1.3 unfortunately, sorry!

The CPU usage should only be, at most, one core pegged. Make sure you have one (and exactly one) mining thread in the PascalCoin wallet.
legendary

More than likely a new ASIC would have to be developed (due to differences in the way PascalCoin is mined, despite being SHA-256), although I can't speak for certain.
Activity: 2730
Merit: 552

These cards are being sold super cheap right now on Ebay, and it looks like there are a lot of them around.  Another user here in a thread I just posted on the cards said they were essentially worthless for mining except to play with, but I'm a bit of an optimist.  Maybe also while the coin is still young they would be ok.  What are your experience with them?  I have the new thread maybe you could chime in there. 

Activity: 334
Merit: 263
Hi everybody!!!

PascalCoin is on fire! Thanks Vorksholk to contribute with your GPU development!

Remember that dev also accepts donations at: 16K3HCZRhFUtM8GdWRcfKeaa6KsuyxZaYk

This altcoin has no ICO, no IPO, no PREMINE, only hard work! And a ton of hours!
legendary
Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000
have some wallet for donation ?

I might stick a donation address in the final miner, but for now I'm getting my benefit from having the faster miner instead Smiley Thanks though!

If Vorksholk doesn't want some donations make sure you donate directly to the Pascal developer to stimulate his development.

Yup, good idea!

Thanks for your developments Vorksholk, I think a friendly GPU miner is the next step and hopefully we can create some more services around the coin as development proceeds.
legendary

I might stick a donation address in the final miner, but for now I'm getting my benefit from having the faster miner instead Smiley Thanks though!

If Vorksholk doesn't want some donations make sure you donate directly to the Pascal developer to stimulate his development.

Yup, good idea!

legendary
Jump to: