Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] Peerplays - First Ever Blockchain-Based Gaming Platform - page 6. (Read 1144140 times)

Activity: 54
Merit: 0
Again... I had PPY tokens on OpenLedger. How to convert them to coins?

You have to claim via peerplays website

Follow instructions, everything is there. Angry Shocked
Activity: 322
Merit: 10
Peerplays the idea is great, and I'm happy to see you being active.
I hope to see the goal to be accomplished
Activity: 784
Merit: 500
Again... I had PPY tokens on OpenLedger. How to convert them to coins?
Activity: 54
Merit: 0
The newsletter for Bookie has been released.  Major highlight is that Square In The Air has been enlisted for PR/Marketing for Bookie (which is the first major Peerplays Dapp).

To ensure our message is seen by as many people as possible - make that the right message, seen by the right people - we’ve enlisted the services of award-winning communications agency Square in the Air (SITA). Specializing in the sports, betting & gaming, and financial industries, and providing a range of PR, marketing, and content services, we’re excited to work with this established group of industry experts:

“Square in the Air has worked in the gaming industry for more than a decade, and has partnered with many of the companies behind the innovations driving the industry forward over this period. So we are thrilled to work alongside Bookie, a product with truly game-changing potential and one of the first to bring the disruptive promise of blockchain technology to the sector.”
- David Bartram, Account Director, Square in the Air

Welcome, SITA, to the Bookie team!
http://mailchi.mp/6f360610497f/bookie-holiday-update-december-14-2017?e=34a353f396

Excellent news.  Shocked Grin Roll Eyes
Activity: 1936
Merit: 290
The newsletter for Bookie has been released.  Major highlight is that Square In The Air has been enlisted for PR/Marketing for Bookie (which is the first major Peerplays Dapp).

To ensure our message is seen by as many people as possible - make that the right message, seen by the right people - we’ve enlisted the services of award-winning communications agency Square in the Air (SITA). Specializing in the sports, betting & gaming, and financial industries, and providing a range of PR, marketing, and content services, we’re excited to work with this established group of industry experts:

“Square in the Air has worked in the gaming industry for more than a decade, and has partnered with many of the companies behind the innovations driving the industry forward over this period. So we are thrilled to work alongside Bookie, a product with truly game-changing potential and one of the first to bring the disruptive promise of blockchain technology to the sector.”
- David Bartram, Account Director, Square in the Air

Welcome, SITA, to the Bookie team!
http://mailchi.mp/6f360610497f/bookie-holiday-update-december-14-2017?e=34a353f396
Activity: 504
Merit: 103
Play on-chain for provable fairness! Peerplays on-chain games include head-to-head games
https://twitter.com/PeerPlays/status/941518207852208128
Activity: 798
Merit: 252
Damn the PPY market is so thin on both the buying and the selling side. Could need a larger exchange soon.
Regarding the news about Maloney, was he actually a key figure or a core developer of Peerplays and is that a big drawback for the project as a whole?

Where did you get that from? I must be missing something in recent updates about Peerplays or so.... Sad

I believe that it is from the October or November PBSA newsletter.  Just go to Peerplays.com and sign for the newsletter.  They show up once a month and usually get summarized in the Telegram channel.

I'll go ahead and copy/paste the December version, which gives insight to Bookie -

News From the Bunker: December to Remember Edition
This is the time of year we remember and reflect on the previous 11 months, read about and make our own "Best of 2017" lists, and look forward to 2018. And if you're lucky (or unlucky?), make a snowman or two.

It's been an amazing year of growth and innovation for PBSA and the Peerplays blockchain. Working together, PBSA and the wider Peerplays community have developed and implemented new ways of using blockchain technology. Importantly, we've mapped out a route for the Peerplays blockchain and all of its partners & stakeholders to achieve great things in 2018 and beyond.

Keep scrolling for updates on the new Peerplays website, profit share payout, another team announcement, Beyond Bitcoin, and a comprehensive progress report on Bookie.

Peerplays.com Relaunched on November 30th
Redesigning and relaunching the Peerplays website was an important project for the PBSA, and one we did not take lightly. Though our focus has been and continues to be on the Bookie app, we recognized that there was room for improvement at peerplays.com and wanted to create a better user experience.

Click to visit the new Peerplays.com
As an example, all documentation is now easy to find on our Resources page. All official communications like the Peerplays and Bookie newsletters, along with Peerplays bulletins and other relevant industry news, will be kept on the News page.

In the coming months we will introduce a new Bookie website as well. And just as it was with Peerplays.com, we will not lose sight of our goals.
PPY Had its First Ever Profit Share Payout

On November 4th, 2017 at 16:00 GMT, the Peerplays blockchain paid out its first profit share to PPY token holders. Make no mistake, this was no minor event. Also referred to as a rake, the payout wasn’t just the first such occurrence on the Peerplays blockchain, it was the first payout on any blockchain.

We recently tweeted out a great community article from Taconator, and we highly recommend reading that piece for a technical but accessible breakdown of how the rake works. For a VERY technical breakdown, please check out the Peerplays profit sharing documentation here.

The key takeaway is that a rake fee is automatically deducted from money staked on the Peerplays blockchain. In short, the more bets that are placed, the more rake that is allocated to PPY holders. Until Bookie and 50-50 are launched, the profit share will be generated by Helmbet RPS. So grab your preferred Rock, Paper or Scissor and head on over to www.helmbet.com for a PPY challenge with friend and foe alike.

Our Team Keeps Growing, Growing, Growing
Last month, we introduced the two newest members of the PBSA team. But last month is old news, and we’d now like to welcome Jim Gill who has taken on Project Manager duties for Bookie. We’re excited for the leadership and experience Jim has already started bringing to PBSA - please join us in welcoming him to the Bunker!

The need for a new Project Manager arose when Karen Keyes was promoted to Operations Manager, where she now oversees all activity for PBSA, Peerplays, and Bookie. Congratulations, Karen!

In addition to these moves, we're looking to build out our team even further. Recruitment is currently underway for the following positions, which can be viewed on LinkedIn:

Intermediate Full Stack Developer
Partnership Manager & Analyst
These positions offer the opportunity to work in a fast-paced, blockchain focused, startup environment. It doesn't get more exciting than this!

Bookie Year-End Update
Looking back at 2017, it’s hard to pick just one thread from the many that make up Peerplays’ growth. But we thought it would be worth giving a bit more insight into the development of Bookie these past 12 months. It’s something we at PBSA get to see up close every day, but which, by necessity, we have not been able to share in similar detail with you all (yet).

Jan: Bookie UI URD finalized & development begins (React/Redux/Electron);
Feb: On-chain betting exchange development begins (C++);
Mar: Specification of Witness-side Oracle completed & development begins (Python),
Apr: Alpha testing of the Bookie UI; Binary markets implemented;
May: First iteration of On-chain betting exchange complete; Bookie APIs built-out (Javascript);
Jun: QA of On-chain betting exchange, Implementation of single-market exposure;
Jul: Bookie UI integration with the On-chain betting exchange;
Aug: Ternary+ markets implemented; account features implemented (transaction history, fund management, global settings);
Sep: Implementation of In-Play betting; Implementation of multi-market exposure;
Oct: Automated creation and management of Events and Markets implemented;
Nov: Manual Intervention code implemented; Integration of data feeds starts;
Dec: Final skinning of UI; On-boarding content developed;
Well, that tells some of the story! Feels like just yesterday that we started writing that URD...

Looking ahead to 2018, PBSA has a seemingly endless list of tasks to get Bookie into the hands of people all over the world. We’ll mention just a few of these so as not to spoil your appetite before the holiday dinners start:

Beta-testing of Bookie (planned for late January, but more news as it comes)
Implementation of automated grading/settling
Continuing work on the on-chain Referral Program
Development of an all-new Bookie website
Release of technical documentation
As you can see, the excitement is never ending in the Bunker, and Bookie is a major part of that. We can't wait to show the world what provably fair sports betting looks like!

Reminder About the Bounty Program
If it's not on your radar yet, we put out a bounty for the Peerplays Core Wallet, through which we want to compile and build the wallet for the Windows/Linux/macOS operating systems.

Send an email to [email protected] if you want to participate in this bounty.

More bounty opportunities involving the Peerplays blockchain are on the horizon. Stay tuned to our Twitter and Steemit feeds, among others.

Happy Holidays from PBSA!
Whatever you celebrate, we truly hope you have a wonderful and safe holiday season. Thanks for being such a big part of our story in 2017, and we look forward to an even better 2018.

- The PBSA Team

Activity: 910
Merit: 508
Regarding the news about Maloney, was he actually a key figure or a core developer of Peerplays and is that a big drawback for the project as a whole?

Where did you get that from? I must be missing something in recent updates about Peerplays or so.... Sad

Maloney was not a coder.

Oh I always was of the opinion he is a coder for Peerplays. Well, then things aren't really that relevant.

Maloney was not a coder.
Great Chart Gallery of Peerplays on BitScreener: https://bitscreener.com/coins/peerplays-ppy/chart_gallery

Yes, indeed it is a Greate Chart Gallery of Peerplays on BitScreener. I just Love it for tracking the movement.
Activity: 504
Merit: 103
Willy Woo's investment strategy made us think of PPY tokens. "For the first time, we can invest in these protocol stacks and any app that's built on them, you get a [kind of] cut," said Woo. https://twitter.com/PeerPlays/status/936278097678274565
Activity: 542
Merit: 102
Did you know Graphene allows for 3 second block production and up to 100,000 transactions per second?

Understanding The Graphene Blockchain Ecosystem
There are three main blockchain ecosystems in the market today: the Graphene ecosystem, the Bitcoin ecosystem and Ethereum ecosystem.
Follow My Vote CTO, Nathan Hourt is responsible for owning a critical role in the design and development of the Graphene Toolkit, which was first built for BitShares, a leading crypto-currency that has been credited with several industry innovations. The Graphene blockchain framework also powers the Steem blockchain, PeerPlays blockchain and Golos blockchain. https://followmyvote.com/understanding-the-graphene-blockchain-ecosystem/
legendary
Activity: 1316
Merit: 1000
Si vis pacem, para bellum
Thought I'd bump this one.  Been pretty dead for a while here.  Good project, which I hope can accomplish their ambitious goals.

Hope so and planning to buy more PPY coins

I'd like to as well.  Need to sell off my under performers....which seems to be everything
Activity: 462
Merit: 100
Abandon all hope — Ye Who Enter Here
Thought I'd bump this one.  Been pretty dead for a while here.  Good project, which I hope can accomplish their ambitious goals.

Hope so and planning to buy more PPY coins
There has been a lot of news in the Telegram channel.  This thread is quiet but the project is going strong.  New hires for PBSA and we are getting close to hearing more about what Exeblock is going to do.

For those that don't remember, Exeblock is the private company headed by Jonathan, the creator of Peerplays, that is dedicated to developing Dapps for the Peerplays Blockchain.  Apparently, the first Dapp ExeBlock is going to release is 50 50 raffle fundraising tool.  The video interview with Jonathan where he mentions it can be viewed here - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cJFQAYneZsA&app=desktop

And another video link of someone touting ExeBlock - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ikOnp6iOCGQ&feature=youtu.be

Beta testing for Bookie is also slated to begin in January. 

Everyone is looking forward to Bookie release and another good thing is Peerplays was mentioned by Palm Beach report last months.
There has been a lot of news in the Telegram channel.  This thread is quiet but the project is going strong.  New hires for PBSA and we are getting close to hearing more about what Exeblock is going to do.

For those that don't remember, Exeblock is the private company headed by Jonathan, the creator of Peerplays, that is dedicated to developing Dapps for the Peerplays Blockchain.  Apparently, the first Dapp ExeBlock is going to release is 50 50 raffle fundraising tool.  The video interview with Jonathan where he mentions it can be viewed here - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cJFQAYneZsA&app=desktop

And another video link of someone touting ExeBlock - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ikOnp6iOCGQ&feature=youtu.be

Beta testing for Bookie is also slated to begin in January. 

legendary
Activity: 1316
Merit: 1000
Si vis pacem, para bellum
Pages:
Jump to: