Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] PLAYKEY: DECENTRALIZED CLOUD GAMING PLATFORM - page 89. (Read 41900 times)

Activity: 686
Merit: 500
i think for android based smartTVs, it would be just enough to build up an APP for it, so you only have to login with your credentials and start playing, since it is a streaming the game, it should be able to run smoothly with a good internet connection.
Yes, you probably can, but how comfortable it will be to play on a smartphone?

SmartTV - not Smartphone :-) ... Besides you should be able to connect a gamepad to play the games.

would be nice actually if playkey come out apps for smartphone. smortphone is actually replacing console now a days due to portability
Activity: 448
Merit: 107
Yes playkey will profit to all gamer, and will take the market part of console gamer. Some people prefer to play on console cause hardware is too expensive and not so easy to manage. With playkey this problem disappear, playkey can have a big sucess in gamer world !
Activity: 1372
Merit: 259
how much minimum target or softcap playkey token dev

Actually, i think, there is not a need to set a soft cap for this project. They really have the best project I ever saw on blockchain plus they have already working platform with 2.8 million customers. They will probably hit hard cap, if it doesn't happen miraculously they should go with any funding because platform already working.

2.8 millions cutomers?  Shocked
What you mean? May be 2.8 millions visitors on their site?

that is good numbers of hits. I am sue no issues meeting hard cap

https://youtu.be/B76ngD76WEI

Video says they got $2.8mil funding from some European fund.

It also says that they have 1 million users every month. So I guess 1 million active users on their platform monthly? Which is a significant amount

oh.. yes, but this 2.8 millions - investing from venture investors, which they received.
Activity: 686
Merit: 101
This project - Playkey I infinitely like, it's hard to compare it with something, maybe because I myself am a gamer Smiley

I am thinking the same.

I am playing on console because playing on pc is too expensive and you need to update your hardware constantly. Now there won't be a such a problem.

Playkey can hit consoles very hard.

Playkey can partner with consoles. Think on Switch, for instance - it brings the mobility while Playkey provides the power. So the most affected sector to me might be PC, not consoles.

Playkey won't hit consoles at all, because consoles have their exclusive games. Over the years, no service that was similar to Playkey was a threat to consoles. This won't change.

Regarding partnership with console manufacturer -  I don't think so. Why should e.g. Sony cooperate with Playkey? They all have their own platforms and want to sell their own games. When partnering with a service like PlayKey, they will loose money .. and I am sure they don't like that.

I also don't think that Playkey would be interesting for consoles. As mentioned above they already have their own services etc. Also I can't imagen to use Playkey for my switch. Sure, it would be on the one side great, but one of the features is the mobility of the Switch but, how do you want to stream while you are in a train or so? You need an internet connection which in my eyes is not too easy to get while you are on the way. 

Yes why would the console producers partner up and support a service that will make buying their consoles needless.
Activity: 112
Merit: 11
i think for android based smartTVs, it would be just enough to build up an APP for it, so you only have to login with your credentials and start playing, since it is a streaming the game, it should be able to run smoothly with a good internet connection.

SmartTV - not Smartphone :-) ... Besides you should be able to connect a gamepad to play the games.
Activity: 448
Merit: 10
This project - Playkey I infinitely like, it's hard to compare it with something, maybe because I myself am a gamer Smiley

I am thinking the same.

I am playing on console because playing on pc is too expensive and you need to update your hardware constantly. Now there won't be a such a problem.

Playkey can partner with consoles. Think on Switch, for instance - it brings the mobility while Playkey provides the power. So the most affected sector to me might be PC, not consoles.

Playkey won't hit consoles at all, because consoles have their exclusive games. Over the years, no service that was similar to Playkey was a threat to consoles. This won't change.

Regarding partnership with console manufacturer -  I don't think so. Why should e.g. Sony cooperate with Playkey? They all have their own platforms and want to sell their own games. When partnering with a service like PlayKey, they will loose money .. and I am sure they don't like that.

I also don't think that Playkey would be interesting for consoles. As mentioned above they already have their own services etc. Also I can't imagen to use Playkey for my switch. Sure, it would be on the one side great, but one of the features is the mobility of the Switch but, how do you want to stream while you are in a train or so? You need an internet connection which in my eyes is not too easy to get while you are on the way.  

Mobile Switch + internet connection = good point :-)

Regarding the other consoles, it should be possible, but as I and you previously mentioned, they won't be interested in doing this.
Activity: 336
Merit: 112

I am thinking the same.

I am thinking the same.

Activity: 588
Merit: 100

I am thinking the same.

that would be awesome, but the problem is that console owner wouldn't be interested in that. Sony already has their own streaming service, PS Now.
Activity: 2968
Merit: 605

I am thinking the same.

prepare a computer for high performance, gaming is very expensive playkey it can be the solution to play last games with high graphics on normal computers ,or it could be at least an alternative...
Activity: 308
Merit: 250

I am thinking the same.

Activity: 980
Merit: 276
$CYBERCASH METAVERSE

I am thinking the same.

It is so important to have fast Internet and that the miners were not far from you

I think internet connection is very important.
Nowadays there is fast internet connection in all economic countries. Just stream HD videos on Youtube and if they look really good, your connection would be great Wink

Cant wait to play Playkey AAA games using GPU mining power :p

Yes, watching 4k Netflix is no problem for most internet connections these days. Sending 4k Videos to someone else though is something different.
The more people know about crypto's the more people will be building rigs and the more rigs the less profit they have with mining.
All those GPU rigs need a new market and Playkey is a great new way of making money with your mining rig.

I'm sure a lot of miners will go to Playkey! They will make much more money with Playkey then mining a crypto.
Great idea Playkey!

Miners have computers unsuitable for playing on them. In addition to a heap of powerful video cards there is nothing. Usually the processor is weak, the HDD is slow (or there is none at all, and the OS starts from the flash drive), RAM is small.

Sad to hear, it would have been a great alternative source of income for GPU miners.

But it depends on the game. Games from a few years ago were more GPU demanding. Now there are better GPUs but more recent games started to be bottlenecked by storage, CPU and RAM. That trend may continue with the rising popularity and availability of multicore processors, especially since Ryzen.

Don't forget for whom this service is ... for people with crappy PCs that want to play new games with max graphic settings :-) So most of the customers will use a lot of hardware resources.
Activity: 630
Merit: 276
It is so important to have fast Internet and that the miners were not far from you

I think internet connection is very important.
Nowadays there is fast internet connection in all economic countries. Just stream HD videos on Youtube and if they look really good, your connection would be great Wink

Cant wait to play Playkey AAA games using GPU mining power :p
Activity: 574
Merit: 115
The more people know about crypto's the more people will be building rigs and the more rigs the less profit they have with mining.
All those GPU rigs need a new market and Playkey is a great new way of making money with your mining rig.

I'm sure a lot of miners will go to Playkey! They will make much more money with Playkey then mining a crypto.
Great idea Playkey!

Miners have computers unsuitable for playing on them. In addition to a heap of powerful video cards there is nothing. Usually the processor is weak, the HDD is slow (or there is none at all, and the OS starts from the flash drive), RAM is small.

Sad to hear, it would have been a great alternative source of income for GPU miners.

But it depends on the game. Games from a few years ago were more GPU demanding. Now there are better GPUs but more recent games started to be bottlenecked by storage, CPU and RAM. That trend may continue with the rising popularity and availability of multicore processors, especially since Ryzen.
Activity: 224
Merit: 100
Become Part of the Mining Family
anybody tried already to play some game and want to share some impression on it? cannot try myself now but ill give it a try for sure this evening Smiley

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yfEbfqFx-j4 a video of a guy playing gta V, on his weak computer, and then plays through playkey for comparison

Or you can just google playkey gameplay for other videos.

This video was already published on 2015!! You can really see the difference in speed.
Looks like Playkey is not a project that wants to benefit from the popularity of ICOs, but really seeking for solution for existing problems, with already a good working platform.
Activity: 554
Merit: 251
anybody tried already to play some game and want to share some impression on it? cannot try myself now but ill give it a try for sure this evening Smiley

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yfEbfqFx-j4 a video of a guy playing gta V, on his weak computer, and then plays through playkey for comparison

Or you can just google playkey gameplay for other videos.

Great idea Playkey!

Yep that is my point. You can't just use mining rigs for gaming.

I would like the dev's to present some sort of spreadsheet on how many miners/computers will be necessary to run Dota2 with millions of users. Just to give us an idea how this would work
once it gets more popular.

A lot computers ^^. What needs to be considered is, that you need some pretty good software, that is able to distribute hardware resources. What the huge cloud gaming providers do, is basically having big servers and using virtualization to give customers the hardware they need on demand. Of course most of private miners won't have the hardware (that is super expensive), nor the knowledge to configure the whole stuff. So, assuming playkey will offer some sophisticated easy software for miners, I still don't see more than max. 2 user simultaneously per gaming pc.
Pages:
Jump to: