Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] PLAYKEY: DECENTRALIZED CLOUD GAMING PLATFORM - page 90. (Read 41900 times)

Activity: 448
Merit: 10
Just had a look at the new website.
I noticed that you now put SmartTV on the list of capable devices to play. Now that is also very cool. No more need for a PS or XBOX Cheesy

but on the other hand, will be a smartTVs capacity good enough? as far as i know, most of them run on lowcost intel atom or quadcore qualcomm mobile phone cpus Smiley and i think you need at least a good portion of RAM, too ><"

yes is going to be enough,  your television will just be getting a video stream, while the remote system is really doing the heavy lifting running the game at top graphics
It is so important to have fast Internet and that the miners were not far from you
Activity: 70
How fast after release of a specific game can we play it on PlayKey? Is it possible they will get some agreements to be able to host a game before the official release?

Well I think this will be almost instantaneous... Playkey is just providing the 3D hardware, so as soon as a game is release it should be playable on the PlayKey network.

But you know it never will happen?!
Activity: 1736
Merit: 857
The more people know about crypto's the more people will be building rigs and the more rigs the less profit they have with mining.
All those GPU rigs need a new market and Playkey is a great new way of making money with your mining rig.

I'm sure a lot of miners will go to Playkey! They will make much more money with Playkey then mining a crypto.
Great idea Playkey!

Miners have computers unsuitable for playing on them. In addition to a heap of powerful video cards there is nothing. Usually the processor is weak, the HDD is slow (or there is none at all, and the OS starts from the flash drive), RAM is small.
Activity: 154
Merit: 100
Which latest popular games they have? I dont played for a long time, because I dont have time now, but may be Ill try this  Roll Eyes
GTAV, Overwatch, Dota2, WatchDogs 2, Witcher 3 and so on and so on, you can see the list on web site.

The games they have are very big, and those games have millions of users. I cant find more information on the servers they will use. Or will they make a partnership with a blockchain that focus on renting out servers? I cant imagine the computing power you need with millions of people playing
This will be realized on the technology of decentralization. Miners and will be servers

I would like the dev's to present some sort of spreadsheet on how many miners/computers will be necessary to run Dota2 with millions of users. Just to give us an idea how this would work
once it gets more popular.
Activity: 112
Merit: 11
i could see a lot of people getting behind the model of earning tokens by lending your hardware, i don't know if its doable in terms of latency the customer would experience in the end, but would be quite cool

Yeah I see several potential issues. You need to have a good gaming pc + a good internet connection with decent upload speeds. The question is also, if a guy that owns a good gaming pc would be really interested in putting it into service (which would mean, he can't play during that time). I wonder how much coins you get in return for that service.

Well people do mine other coins with their graphics cards that could be used to play the games already. Not sure what's the difference would be.

Well yes. The difference is that in this case, you need actually also a good CPU + HDD space for the games. Putting just some graphics card together, like you do in mining, won't work here. Basically you buy a ONE gaming pc and let someone else control it. You can't really build rigs for gaming (well you can but it is surely not that easy like for mining). Besides, running several gaming pc would also don't work out for most of the people just because of the internet connection upstream limitations. Most internet providers offer decent downstream connections, but only 1/10 of that speed upstream.
That's why I wonder how much coins you will get for providing gaming power. 
Activity: 616
Merit: 263
How fast after release of a specific game can we play it on PlayKey? Is it possible they will get some agreements to be able to host a game before the official release?

Well I think this will be almost instantaneous... Playkey is just providing the 3D hardware, so as soon as a game is release it should be playable on the PlayKey network.
Activity: 70
The more people know about crypto's the more people will be building rigs and the more rigs the less profit they have with mining.
All those GPU rigs need a new market and Playkey is a great new way of making money with your mining rig.

I'm sure a lot of miners will go to Playkey! They will make much more money with Playkey then mining a crypto.
Great idea Playkey!

This, a good website (which they absolutely have) and a celeb and the thing is done!!
Wish you good luck guys!!
Activity: 336
Merit: 112
Right. We have even 2 million visitors on the product website - https://playkey.net . Not all them are playing and paying for sure. But it is a significant number. We have even much more customers than we have servers. Decentralisation is the way of solving this challenge and scale very fast.

2 million visitors is really a great number. When does Playkey have started with a working platform?

I mean even if there are just 500,000 till 1,000,000 paying customers it is already a good start and a base to expand at all. If the platform is working like you have described this is probably one of the best investments currently on the market.
Activity: 140
Playkey CTO & Cofounder
On October 12-13, we held a series of private meetings at Slush. Slush is a student-driven non-profit movement originally founded to change attitudes towards entrepreneurship. Also this month we will be able to meet at the following events:

Oct 18 - Blockchain Center (the largest in the world)
Oct 19 - Sydney, Australia. Fintech Investors Dinner
Oct 20 - Sydney, Australia
Oct 21 - Malaysia / Japan TBC
Oct 23 - Hong Kong FinTech Week http://fintechweek.hk/
Oct 24 - Dubai, UAE, World Blockchain Summit https://www.dubai.worldblockchainsummit.com/
Oct 24 - Las Vegas, NV, Coinagenda Global - Bitcoin & Digital Currency Investors Conference http://coinagenda.com/
Oct 26 - Indonesia, BlockBali http://www.blackarrowconferences.com/
Oct 28 - Gibraltar, ICO PITCH GIBRALTAR http://d10e.biz/gibraltar-2017/
Oct 28 - Australia / Melbourne, Intersekt Fintech Festival

- The events, at which we'll give a presentation, will be announced specifically!
Activity: 672
Merit: 251
Infleum
This project - Playkey I infinitely like, it's hard to compare it with something, maybe because I myself am a gamer Smiley
Activity: 476
Yes, some game become at consoles first, or may be some exlusive games. But almost all games avaliable on PC  Roll Eyes
As I understand, the developers promise that the console will be able to play on PC and smart TV. Apparently the console will also be included as part of the system
Activity: 994
Merit: 278
i could see a lot of people getting behind the model of earning tokens by lending your hardware, i don't know if its doable in terms of latency the customer would experience in the end, but would be quite cool

Yeah I see several potential issues. You need to have a good gaming pc + a good internet connection with decent upload speeds. The question is also, if a guy that owns a good gaming pc would be really interested in putting it into service (which would mean, he can't play during that time). I wonder how much coins you get in return for that service.

Well people do mine other coins with their graphics cards that could be used to play the games already. Not sure what's the difference would be.
Activity: 112
Merit: 11

Activity: 784
Merit: 1416
Activity: 980
Merit: 276
$CYBERCASH METAVERSE
I was wrong about some numbers, sorry for it.

But after some time i believe millions of people will use playkey.
Activity: 350
Which latest popular games they have? I dont played for a long time, because I dont have time now, but may be Ill try this  Roll Eyes
GTAV, Overwatch, Dota2, WatchDogs 2, Witcher 3 and so on and so on, you can see the list on web site.

The games they have are very big, and those games have millions of users. I cant find more information on the servers they will use. Or will they make a partnership with a blockchain that focus on renting out servers? I cant imagine the computing power you need with millions of people playing

Just checked out the full list of games on the website, and I'm impressed by how many they have available - they even have a couple of free-to-play games.
Maybe it will eventually be the case that ordinary people can rent out their PC resources over the cloud, and be rewarded in Playkey tokens.

Playkey will provide an opportunity to rent them powerful computers. Owners of such computers can earn on this.

That's how a colleague. I would like to tell you about the fact that the miners seeing the income with their powerful video cards will switch to this service
anybody tried already to play some game and want to share some impression on it? cannot try myself now but ill give it a try for sure this evening Smiley
Activity: 588
Right. We have even 2 million visitors on the product website - https://playkey.net . Not all them are playing and paying for sure. But it is a significant number. We have even much more customers than we have servers. Decentralisation is the way of solving this challenge and scale very fast.

I see the importance of decentralisation and why there are so many gaming ICOs going on right now..

It's a new way to do business. it's low risk and provides high returns for the project.
Activity: 224
Become Part of the Mining Family

I see the importance of decentralisation and why there are so many gaming ICOs going on right now..

Just had a look at the new website.
I noticed that you now put SmartTV on the list of capable devices to play. Now that is also very cool. No more need for a PS or XBOX Cheesy

Hell yea! This project is getting more intense every day.

That's from the website:

agree, having an app on the smart tv, plus controller would be perfect! you don't really need anything else, would be very simple that way

Ye, a really lightweight solution for gaming. Specially if you already have a smart TV with highspeed connection available.

If you would fine playkey from your tv's app store, you would definately be intrigued.

It seems to me a natural evolution, as the internet get faster and more available. There is also going to be the benefit of not having to update hardware to play the latest games. Looking forward to try this.
Pages:
Jump to: