Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] [PRE-ICO] Humancoin is the cryptocurrency of kindness - page 45. (Read 30230 times)

Activity: 177
Merit: 1
As Albert Schweitzer once rightly said, “Example is not the main thing in influencing others; it is the only thing.” We couldn’t agree more! Meet a person who is at the heart of Humancoin — our CEO, Giles Gailer!

With an extensive background in international strategic business development and leading management teams, Giles is a very imaginative leader who is always full of innovative ideas. During over 15 years that he has worked with IT businesses, he launched multiple successful businesses and projects. He is also a motivational and captivating speaker who spoke at a number of events and won awards for his innovative approach to business. It is this unique blend of Giles’ personal traits, wide experience in many areas, a developed network of international contacts coupled with genuine interest in e-commerce and cryptocurrency that gave rise to Humancoin — a unique platform uniting the philanthropy industry, retail e-commerce, and cryptocurrency markets. Giles has a wonderful ability to create shared visions and goals and then inspire others to achieve them.

And these are not all his merits! Being fully devoted to the philanthropy industry, in his spare time Giles also runs marathons for charity! A great example to follow, isn’t it?
how will recepients of the charity be chosen? can the tokenholders vote where to transfer the funds?
Hello! Every recipient fills out a form on the Humancoin Foundation website and encloses a set of documents. After verification, organizations can get donations. The participants also can choose, to which recipient they want to donate. Or instead, they can send donations to Humanpool. The system will distribute the funds automatically (according to the donor's preferences) to the projects with the highest rating.
Activity: 46
Merit: 0
how will recepients of the charity be chosen? can the tokenholders vote where to transfer the funds?
Activity: 26
Transparency is a great addition. Many charities are guilty of poorly distributing funds they get.
Like, sometimes over the half of the money goes to marketing, charity events, "raising awareness", etc and only a small part is actually used to help people. Knowing how exactly your donation is spent would be great.

Came in to basically say this. In addition to fund people sneakily picketing the money sometimes (this suck, but it does happen), charity often distributes their money very poorly. If donators will be able to see, how their donations move and how they are spent, it will be great for everyone involved.

except those, who pockets the fund's money.
any timeframe on that bounty program tho?
when does it start, I mean?

Bounty has already started. To find out more about it, please, click https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4471521%E2%AC%85%EF%B8%8F
Activity: 22
Is there any info about exchanges where token will be listed?
I think it's too early to talk about it. Even ICO didn't start yet.
And also the privacy policy of many exchanges prohibits disclosure of information about the listing
Are you going to work with fiat at any point? Crypto is good and all, but its hard to imagine people using BTC or ETH to make donations. I mean, these funds would need more accepted kinds of currencies to make any use of these donations.
Our participants are free to make donations in any currency that they are comfortable spending the money in.  The donor may transfer the money in the desired currency to the recipient using the built-in currency conversion instrument on the Humancoin platform.
5% platform fee is pretty sweet, compared to the usual 20% with regular charity funds.
Yes, we believe, it will be quite convenient for the participants Smiley
Activity: 75
Probably, a bit early for that? I'd expect news on that in about a week or so.
Activity: 22
I think it's too early to talk about it. Even ICO didn't start yet.
Activity: 401
Merit: 10
Activity: 53
any timeframe on that bounty program tho?
when does it start, I mean?
Activity: 72
5% platform fee is pretty sweet, compared to the usual 20% with regular charity funds.
Activity: 26
Are you going to work with fiat at any point? Crypto is good and all, but its hard to imagine people using BTC or ETH to make donations. I mean, these funds would need more accepted kinds of currencies to make any use of these donations.
That's not great... participants of bounty program will drop the price of token on the exchanges as soon as they get their tokens

Par for the course for any ico, is it not? Non-shit projects can easily recover from that.
In fact, you're right. Who needs - will hold tokens and sell them a little later at a higher price. And the demanded tokens of a good project will inexpensively grow in price
Activity: 56
That's not great... participants of bounty program will drop the price of token on the exchanges as soon as they get their tokens

Par for the course for any ico, is it not? Non-shit projects can easily recover from that.
Activity: 35
Soft cap - $6 mln, it's not so much. I hope you'll be raised this funds in a couple of days. What will be with unsold tokens?
They'll be burned. By the way, team's tokens will be frozen (50%  for 6 months and another 50% for 12 months).
And what about bounty tokens? will they be frozen? and will there be a bounty campaign?
Also, WP says that only team's tokens will be frozen
Don't forget, please, that this is primarily a project for donations and philanthropists Wink
Activity: 72
I like the scaling mechanism. The more people donate to charities, the more tokens are issued and rewarded.
Soft cap - $6 mln, it's not so much. I hope you'll be raised this funds in a couple of days. What will be with unsold tokens?
They'll be burned. By the way, team's tokens will be frozen (50%  for 6 months and another 50% for 12 months).
And what about bounty tokens? will they be frozen? and will there be a bounty campaign?
Activity: 35
Pages:
Jump to: