Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] [PRE ICO LIVE] CellBlocks: An Economy for Inmates in the Prison System - page 26. (Read 4497 times)

Activity: 644
Merit: 101
I'm glad I recently found out about Cellblocks through this thread. This is a captivating project with a cause and I appreciate the distinctiveness.  Do you guys already have developers?

It is nice to see a bold project because they seem rather rare. Everyone is just doing the same sort of things and afraid to think outside the box. CellBlocks is thinking outside the box, but thinking about those inside the clink.
Activity: 588
Merit: 100
How does one buy Cellblocks? Do we need to wait for April 1?
Activity: 234
Merit: 10
I'm glad I recently found out about Cellblocks through this thread. This is a captivating project with a cause and I appreciate the distinctiveness.  Do you guys already have developers?
copper member
Activity: 112
Merit: 0
With this being our first and only ICO, you learn a lot about the process when going through it.  One thing we have learned for sure is how many "industry experts" there are out there willing to do everything from selling you their email list of 1,000,000 and up to people who promote your info to their network of writers who can get your story listed even in Forbes  Huh.   Yet, 90% of these have no website to speak of and yet they are to fast to offer up their BTC address.  It is just amazing....
Activity: 126
Merit: 1
looking great,with such a creative team hope it will run  for it,wish for the best of this project
copper member
Hi there,

Right now there is 8 people
We have told the Department of Corrections, we will give them tokens to disburse within the pilot prison as they see fit.  How they will do this is still up in the air. 
Will there be any way for inmates to earn cellblocks tokens? I think giving them opportunities to earn tokens could be really cool, but I'm not sure if that is an option.

It's good to leave that option open to them. It would be cool if they chose to do that. The more I learn about this project, the better it sounds. It's a really good idea.

How many people work on the team?
copper member
Thanks so much

The audience is the people in prison. The idea of the team is very interesting and creative, but I really support your idea that everyone should enjoy the services brought by the block chain.
copper member
I think it is great as we are the only one marketing to the prison and we are the only coin built for the prison

This project at first glance sounds very difficult to achieve at first glance, but reading how committed the team is, it might actually be something to look out for. Nevertheless, what are the chances or posibilites of prisons in the USA to start accepting CellBlocks before any other major cryptocurrency if at all accepting one?
this is interesting project with the trust team and good ideas. hoping to joined it soon and hope  the success!
Activity: 868
Merit: 279
This project at first glance sounds very difficult to achieve at first glance, but reading how committed the team is, it might actually be something to look out for. Nevertheless, what are the chances or posibilites of prisons in the USA to start accepting CellBlocks before any other major cryptocurrency if at all accepting one?
Activity: 196
Merit: 11
The audience is the people in prison. The idea of the team is very interesting and creative, but I really support your idea that everyone should enjoy the services brought by the block chain.
Activity: 399
Merit: 250
I see that the team has finalized a deal for kiosks. That's a big step, so good job! This project seems to have a real need and a team that is working hard to achieve the goals.

Do you guys have a list of partners so far that you can share?
Activity: 512
As the director of prisons said, if the basic program goes well they would like to see it implemented with the commissary system in the prison.  As well as the phone system.   There are a lot of builds will would need to do in order to work with each service.  
I see that Q3 there will be inmate apps and interfaces that will undergo development. Could you explain what these apps/interfaces are?

Thanks for your reply. That makes more sense and that type of interface does seem necessary for the system to work properly as a whole. Otherwise, how would tokens be used.

If you don't mind me asking, what is the biggest challenge you see ahead for your team?
Activity: 770
Merit: 250
We have told the Department of Corrections, we will give them tokens to disburse within the pilot prison as they see fit.  How they will do this is still up in the air. 
Will there be any way for inmates to earn cellblocks tokens? I think giving them opportunities to earn tokens could be really cool, but I'm not sure if that is an option.

It's good to leave that option open to them. It would be cool if they chose to do that. The more I learn about this project, the better it sounds. It's a really good idea.

How many people work on the team?
Activity: 378
We have sent out a few letters to prisons and got letters back saying they were interested in the idea.  We posted them on the site. We we're also asked to do a presentation to the State dept. 

How much interest from prisons has CellBlocks received? It seems like a really interesting idea to me, but adoption is key. Are prisons seeming open to this idea?

I am pleased to see that your team is reaching out and actively getting the word out. It is also good that you are getting responses. That speaks volumes. I think this will go a long way in the adoption of Cellblocks.

Does your team have a Github available to the public yet? If so, can I get a link?

Activity: 644
From inmate to inmate transfers, it will be right around .5% and that fee will go directly to the state.   When meeting with the Department of corrections last week, they seen how much money they could make.  Basically, they could circulate tokens to inmates who choose to accept them and pay much less out in cash to the inmates.  Remember, on average an inmate makes .10 to .15 an hour.

I am just learning about this project and I think it is an extremely unique idea that could solve real-world problems. I'm glad to see someone is tackling the hidden fees associated with deposits/transfers to inmate financial accounts. That is costing families (who may likely be in poverty) a considerable amount of money. What will the fees be for Cellblocks transfers?

.5% is very affordable and sending it to the state is a great use of the funds. I think this is an excellent idea and I'm glad to see you guys are working with the Department of Corrections on this. It sounds like Cellblocks has a really promising future.  Cheesy
copper member
We have sent out a few letters to prisons and got letters back saying they were interested in the idea.  We posted them on the site. We we're also asked to do a presentation to the State dept. 

How much interest from prisons has CellBlocks received? It seems like a really interesting idea to me, but adoption is key. Are prisons seeming open to this idea?
Activity: 378
copper member
copper member
As the director of prisons said, if the basic program goes well they would like to see it implemented with the commissary system in the prison.  As well as the phone system.   There are a lot of builds will would need to do in order to work with each service. 
I see that Q3 there will be inmate apps and interfaces that will undergo development. Could you explain what these apps/interfaces are?
Pages:
Jump to: