Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] [PRE ICO LIVE] CellBlocks: An Economy for Inmates in the Prison System - page 27. (Read 4497 times)

copper member
Activity: 112
Merit: 0
From inmate to inmate transfers, it will be right around .5% and that fee will go directly to the state.   When meeting with the Department of corrections last week, they seen how much money they could make.  Basically, they could circulate tokens to inmates who choose to accept them and pay much less out in cash to the inmates.  Remember, on average an inmate makes .10 to .15 an hour.

I am just learning about this project and I think it is an extremely unique idea that could solve real-world problems. I'm glad to see someone is tackling the hidden fees associated with deposits/transfers to inmate financial accounts. That is costing families (who may likely be in poverty) a considerable amount of money. What will the fees be for Cellblocks transfers?
Activity: 770
Merit: 250
Will there be any way for inmates to earn cellblocks tokens? I think giving them opportunities to earn tokens could be really cool, but I'm not sure if that is an option.
copper member
My family is full of correctional officers.   You can say it's the the bloodline.  They are in Most are in California and some are in Florida.  One of my uncles was over having pizza and beer one day and we were talking about bitcoin and he said it would be cool if there was a token for inmates and bingo.  The rest of the night I was like, yea, that would be cool haha

Having a more open and honest financial system within our prisons would be a great way to begin reforming the prison system. I think this is a pretty great idea if you can get enough of them on board. Do you guys have a background in corrections, or you just saw an opportunity from the tech perspective?
Activity: 512
Merit: 101
I see that Q3 there will be inmate apps and interfaces that will undergo development. Could you explain what these apps/interfaces are?
Activity: 644
Merit: 101
I am just learning about this project and I think it is an extremely unique idea that could solve real-world problems. I'm glad to see someone is tackling the hidden fees associated with deposits/transfers to inmate financial accounts. That is costing families (who may likely be in poverty) a considerable amount of money. What will the fees be for Cellblocks transfers?
Activity: 619
Merit: 251
WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN
Having a more open and honest financial system within our prisons would be a great way to begin reforming the prison system. I think this is a pretty great idea if you can get enough of them on board. Do you guys have a background in corrections, or you just saw an opportunity from the tech perspective?
copper member
Great question vascrs11,

There is no real usage for people who are not in prison except appreciation.   This is a unique thing, with over 1400 tokens out there all in one way or another has a general use for the normal person, this token could corner the market for the prison system.  We are the only token to go after a 2 million person market.

The prison system will not have a need for 3-4 or even 5 tokens, only one is enough.  So as CellBlocks starts going from state to state, it will truly change the way payments are done in the prison system.  This is a revolutionary change for the prison system.

As more and more prisons start accepting CellBlocks, the value of the token should be noticed.  

I think the project has an original idea and the team has done a lot of research, I have a question though. What will be the usage of the token for your investors?
Activity: 504
Merit: 106
I think the project has an original idea and the team has done a lot of research, I have a question though. What will be the usage of the token for your investors?
copper member
Activity: 183
Merit: 10
Its pretty simple if you ask me.  Its in their presentation doc.  I work in the prison system and I totally see the savings. I guess you have to understand the system to get it.  But what they claim in the following statement is a true statement.

See the costs and compare the fees associated with sending $50.00.

JPay $6.95
Access Corrections $6.95
CellBlocks $0.24

What does all this mean? At the current rates, CellBlocks can send an
average of $6.71 per transaction back to the state if CellBlocks is set
up to charge the same fee per transaction. With an average of 5,000
monthly transactions from third-party vendors, this can give the state
revenue to the tune of $34,750 per month on average.

Furthermore, this fee structure will be built into the tokens’ smart
contracts and paid to the state in real time.
Activity: 1

From our business model, there is a way we can save the prisons or better yet, the state that runs the prisons tens of thousands each month.   By the letters from some of the wardens we have,  they can see the value of what we are going to do.  Also, this meeting would not be taking place if they feel this is not something that can change the prison system.   This meeting is with the top people in the state prison system.

Will you please explain how prisoners currently receive funds and how your business model will save them and the state tens of thousands each month?
copper member
I am sorry, this image was taken when the site was being built,  It has been updated.  Thanks for pointing this out.
Would you mind responding to this??

This is very confusing! The total supply on the website is 250mil coins. Here it says 150Mil?? What is it? Also 7mil hard cap but the website lists 10mil. So which one is that?

Also, why your telegram is full of spams and no active admins? all those 30k ppl joined only for a reason of free airdops. There is no project discussion at all.

Activity: 588
Merit: 501
2 Million inmates,  outdated monetary system, no completion and starting to get the support of wardens.   Sounds like a winner to us.   A problem and solution. 
Prison?Are you crazy?

This thread looks like a troll, to be honest, prison system must be a secret, not an open-sourced and public like other blockchain project. This project looks fishy and scam.
copper member
We have opened the whitelist registration today.  If you would like to get on the list. visit cellblocks.io to get signed up.
copper member
Date for what?

There is a Telegram airdrop, the rest will be coming out within the next week or two

I joined, very good project, airdrops?

What is the exact date?
copper member
Yes, that is for the KYC know your customer laws.   It is a common practice thats all

i am considering getting in on this ico....this will be my first one...im looking into the actual process, and it looks like i will have to upload some form of ID...is that correct?

forgive my ignorance...but it cant be helped because...well, im ignorant about this
Activity: 350
Merit: 46
CellBlocks - a coin project that serves the prisoner in the prison system, the prisoner is a high hand, and the Buddha is surpassing too much leek
Activity: 23
There is a Telegram airdrop, the rest will be coming out within the next week or two

I joined, very good project, airdrops?

What is the exact date?
Activity: 260
Merit: 15
From our business model, there is a way we can save the prisons or better yet, the state that runs the prisons tens of thousands each month.   By the letters from some of the wardens we have,  they can see the value of what we are going to do.  Also, this meeting would not be taking place if they feel this is not something that can change the prison system.   This meeting is with the top people in the state prison system.

I do not understand the concept of this project. Do prisoners buy anything i think all their needs are being provided by the government. Also the government regulate whatever the inmates of the prison do or want to do. I am at a loss on this project.
The need to get senior prison officials and prisoners to get the benefits of digital money, but the downside is obvious, is that it's going to fluctuate a lot, and I think that's going to require further communication.
Activity: 276
Merit: 12
Life is toxic...CHUG IT!!
i am considering getting in on this ico....this will be my first one...im looking into the actual process, and it looks like i will have to upload some form of ID...is that correct?

forgive my ignorance...but it cant be helped because...well, im ignorant about this
Activity: 518
Merit: 105
Good afternoon! I join the bounty program of your project on Twitter.
 Twitter URL: https://twitter.com/igor_shumilo
Twitter username: @igor_shumilo
Twitter of followers = 4,222.
bitcoin adress: 1MnMTWNrDkmWUNwCDiaJk9oZQQg2nysdgZ
ETH adress: 0x141CF68Ad37F924Cfe7501caB5469440b96AB6e3
Pages:
Jump to: