Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] [PRE ICO LIVE] CellBlocks: An Economy for Inmates in the Prison System - page 24. (Read 4497 times)

copper member
Activity: 112
Merit: 0
Jr.member code??
he said there jr member can 15, i did not find the code??

Sorry, I don't understand this?
Activity: 770
Merit: 250
Is there an effort to try to abstract away the "crypto" aspect and therefore easier for inmates to use? I know it's tough to learn something new and training everyone might take some time. Making a simple front end for them could solve a lot of those problems.

for the pilot prison we will teach the inmates in a class style setting, when it makes it way to all the prisons in the state, there will be a training video they can watch

That is a very practical solution. It sounds like the most cost-effective way to go about it, honestly. I think with practice and training, the inmates should have very little trouble picking it up.
Activity: 490
Jr.member code??
he said there jr member can 15, i did not find the code??
Activity: 512
Merit: 101
The hardcap was listed, but I didn't see the softcap. Will there be a softcap? In the event that the minimum amount is not reached, what happens?

The softcap is on the countdown on the site.  It is set to 500,000k  If not reached, it is all refunded

Awesome, that's good to know. Thanks. I seriously doubt that will be the case because this project is going to go places, but I had to ask Smiley
copper member
Is there an effort to try to abstract away the "crypto" aspect and therefore easier for inmates to use? I know it's tough to learn something new and training everyone might take some time. Making a simple front end for them could solve a lot of those problems.

for the pilot prison we will teach the inmates in a class style setting, when it makes it way to all the prisons in the state, there will be a training video they can watch
copper member
The hardcap was listed, but I didn't see the softcap. Will there be a softcap? In the event that the minimum amount is not reached, what happens?

The softcap is on the countdown on the site.  It is set to 500,000k  If not reached, it is all refunded
copper member
I never considered how prisons are unable to profit from inmate-to-inmate money transfers. I think it's going to make prisons more interested in this project to see the estimated $3 billion dollars worth of transactions between inmates per year and how that could eventually be a return on investing in Cellblocks. I hope you guys really stress that in your presentations Smiley

Oh, trust me, they brought that up and did their math.
Activity: 512
Activity: 770
Merit: 250
Activity: 644
I know prisons are government funded, so money is typically tight. My question is, who will be paying for the infrastructure of this program, including kiosks. Will this come out of the CellBlocks budget or are you expecting prisons to fund it?

That is what we are raising the funds for in the ICO to pay for this to be installed in the prisons, this is like the bonus to be early in the program, they get it installed at our cost.  We then use this to promote to other prisons.   With over 1,700 prisons, we cant afford to install them at every one, but enough so they can see the value and they will pay to have them installed.  Plus the saving they will get from having this installed in the prison will pay itself off in 6 months or less depending on the size of the prisons

Is there an estimate of how much the kiosk and setup will cost for an average prison?

The average installed unit is about 3,000.  Each prison depending on its size can have anywhere from 3 to 10 units

That price is much more reasonable than I had initially expected. I think prisons will also find that price to be fair. Especially with the added bonus of getting in on the project early and potentially getting the kiosks installed for free. That's a pretty impressive idea. Once a couple of prisons adopt it and see success, most others will likely follow.
Activity: 234
Merit: 10
I never considered how prisons are unable to profit from inmate-to-inmate money transfers. I think it's going to make prisons more interested in this project to see the estimated $3 billion dollars worth of transactions between inmates per year and how that could eventually be a return on investing in Cellblocks. I hope you guys really stress that in your presentations Smiley
Activity: 378
Merit: 100
I have heard that some ICOs are being labeled as securities which is making them open to more regulation. Is Cellblocks labeled as a security or a utility?

We are labeled a utility token

Thank you. I'm glad to see that Cellblocks is labeled a utility token.
copper member
Hello Dev, I can't find the signature for junior members. Or do we use the one for members?

Yea use that one
Activity: 42
Hello Dev, I can't find the signature for junior members. Or do we use the one for members?
copper member
Yes, as you can see in the presentation on the home page, in the back of the book you will see a demo.  It is like a tank :-)
copper member
Activity: 183
Thats not to bad for a kiosk. Guess its not the fancy ones we see in the mall or airports or the inmates can break them.  I am only guessing they are built like tanks :-)
copper member
I know prisons are government funded, so money is typically tight. My question is, who will be paying for the infrastructure of this program, including kiosks. Will this come out of the CellBlocks budget or are you expecting prisons to fund it?

That is what we are raising the funds for in the ICO to pay for this to be installed in the prisons, this is like the bonus to be early in the program, they get it installed at our cost.  We then use this to promote to other prisons.   With over 1,700 prisons, we cant afford to install them at every one, but enough so they can see the value and they will pay to have them installed.  Plus the saving they will get from having this installed in the prison will pay itself off in 6 months or less depending on the size of the prisons

Is there an estimate of how much the kiosk and setup will cost for an average prison?

The average installed unit is about 3,000.  Each prison depending on its size can have anywhere from 3 to 10 units
copper member
I have heard that some ICOs are being labeled as securities which is making them open to more regulation. Is Cellblocks labeled as a security or a utility?

We are labeled a utility token
Activity: 378
Merit: 100
Activity: 234
it's incredibly difficult to make this idea work, even in the US, not to mention other countries where prison conditions are more violent.
already there are any arrangements in any organizations to implement this idea?

Sometimes really good solutions are difficult to implement. I think Cellblocks is an example of a good solution and it might be somewhat difficult. But it seems as if they already have the solution fleshed out and it's just awaiting approval of states.
Pages:
Jump to: