Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] [PRE ICO LIVE] CellBlocks: An Economy for Inmates in the Prison System - page 23. (Read 4497 times)

copper member
Activity: 112
Merit: 0
Is there an advantage to registering for the Cellblocks sale early? Are there referral bonuses?

Besides the bonus plan?  That is the huge part. Yes, we also offer a referral program for people you refer.  Once you sign up for the whitelist, you will get your code.

I wasn't aware of the referral plan. I'm definitely going to take advantage of that. I love when projects do that because I think it really helps to get the word out about the project. Only 28 days until the ICO starts.  I can't wait for that 25% bonus. I think you guys are going to sell all in one day.  Grin

For the first 4 hours it is up to 56% bonus
copper member
I don't understand. Why would there be money involved in the cells? Those inmates need to pay for their food in prison? I thought it's free?

The food is free but not commissary, like the good food like snacks, or if you want to pay an inmate to design cards, do art, tattoos ect.
Activity: 168
Merit: 10
I don't understand. Why would there be money involved in the cells? Those inmates need to pay for their food in prison? I thought it's free?
The same question with you, prisoners get money to pay
Activity: 798
Merit: 104
Buy, sell and store real cryptocurrencies

A crypto for the prison inmates sounds like a crazy idea to me. What! Do prisoners have thee the freedom to trade cryptos??
? Honestly, I see so much bottle necks from governments and the authorities ‘cos to me it doesn’t even adds up with many countries trying to ban cyrptocurrencies. Some countries don’t even allow their inmates to use phones less to talk of kiosks for wallets and trading. Looks bleak to me if I might say.
Activity: 512
Merit: 101
I think the prisoner financial system has needed reform for quite some time. I think those in charge appear to know this as well. I think this is a really good solution and you guys have relatively no competition. Has your team encountered any challenges so far and if so, how did you overcome it?
Activity: 193
Merit: 100
Will prisoners need access to smart devices in order to use CellBlocks? I'm interested in learning how it works on the prisoner side.
Activity: 486
Is there an advantage to registering for the Cellblocks sale early? Are there referral bonuses?

Besides the bonus plan?  That is the huge part. Yes, we also offer a referral program for people you refer.  Once you sign up for the whitelist, you will get your code.

I wasn't aware of the referral plan. I'm definitely going to take advantage of that. I love when projects do that because I think it really helps to get the word out about the project. Only 28 days until the ICO starts.  I can't wait for that 25% bonus. I think you guys are going to sell all in one day.  Grin
copper member

copper member
Cellblocks is a very interesting idea. How did you guys come up with this idea and what made you decide to use the blockchain to solve these problems?

First and foremost it creates trust, in prison no one trust no one.  By using this the tokens on the blockchain, it removes the need for trust. As you can see here, lots of guards in prison steal inmates funds, just google it . http://www.delcotimes.com/article/DC/20160818/NEWS/160819619
copper member
We pay in tokens.  They get a % over time
Activity: 234
Activity: 127
Here you go.   https://medium.com/p/5e5f1c67da4a .  We will be starting it next weekend

Do you have a bounty campaign (signature, social media, telegram, etc)? I am excited to buy some CLBK tokens but sadly it's not going to be available until April Sad

Did you guys ever get a bounty thread going here? Looks like the article linked is gone.
Activity: 392
Cellblocks is a very interesting idea. How did you guys come up with this idea and what made you decide to use the blockchain to solve these problems?
Activity: 512
The first 4 hours are key.  You get an extra 25% bonus on top of the normal bonus.

That's an interesting sales structure. Is it modeled on another project in particular?
Activity: 588
We are proud to welcome our new Advisor

Peter Borenstein

Attorney​ and Founder Restorative Justice Fund
Peter is a California based attorney who helps incarcerated people protect and manage their assets while in prison. He also helps them recover their property when it has been stolen from them as a result of their long-term incarceration.

Congrats on your new advisor. He seems to be very qualified. How are advisors compensated, if you don't mind my asking?
copper member
We are proud to welcome our new Advisor

Peter Borenstein

Attorney​ and Founder Restorative Justice Fund
Peter is a California based attorney who helps incarcerated people protect and manage their assets while in prison. He also helps them recover their property when it has been stolen from them as a result of their long-term incarceration.
Activity: 588
Being such a unique project, I am wondering if Cellblocks has any patents filed or do you plan to file any in the future?
Activity: 378
The more people involved, the better this project will do. How do you plan to engage the community to support Cellblocks?
Activity: 234
I never considered how prisons are unable to profit from inmate-to-inmate money transfers. I think it's going to make prisons more interested in this project to see the estimated $3 billion dollars worth of transactions between inmates per year and how that could eventually be a return on investing in Cellblocks. I hope you guys really stress that in your presentations Smiley

Oh, trust me, they brought that up and did their math.

That's great to know Smiley I think Cellblocks has thought of every way they can save/make money while providing a more convenient and safe method of payment for inmates. I doubt you guys will have any trouble convincing prisons to join the initial launch.
copper member
The first 4 hours are key.  You get an extra 25% bonus on top of the normal bonus.

Pages:
Jump to: