Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] [PRE ICO LIVE] CellBlocks: An Economy for Inmates in the Prison System - page 25. (Read 4497 times)

Activity: 644
Merit: 101
I know prisons are government funded, so money is typically tight. My question is, who will be paying for the infrastructure of this program, including kiosks. Will this come out of the CellBlocks budget or are you expecting prisons to fund it?

That is what we are raising the funds for in the ICO to pay for this to be installed in the prisons, this is like the bonus to be early in the program, they get it installed at our cost.  We then use this to promote to other prisons.   With over 1,700 prisons, we cant afford to install them at every one, but enough so they can see the value and they will pay to have them installed.  Plus the saving they will get from having this installed in the prison will pay itself off in 6 months or less depending on the size of the prisons

Is there an estimate of how much the kiosk and setup will cost for an average prison?
Activity: 486
I know prisons are government funded, so money is typically tight. My question is, who will be paying for the infrastructure of this program, including kiosks. Will this come out of the CellBlocks budget or are you expecting prisons to fund it?

That is what we are raising the funds for in the ICO to pay for this to be installed in the prisons, this is like the bonus to be early in the program, they get it installed at our cost.  We then use this to promote to other prisons.   With over 1,700 prisons, we cant afford to install them at every one, but enough so they can see the value and they will pay to have them installed.  Plus the saving they will get from having this installed in the prison will pay itself off in 6 months or less depending on the size of the prisons

That is good to know. I was hoping that was the case.  Cheesy Obviously that makes sense that you guys won't be able to fund all prisons, but getting it started and having the proof of concept + the bonus will really make people interested. I think this is a good start.
Activity: 756
Merit: 250
Yes, April 1st,  we do NOT offer any type of private sale.

How does one buy Cellblocks? Do we need to wait for April 1?

Can US investors get in on this? Seems like half the new projects I find just completely disallow us from participating.

Can US investors get in on this?
Activity: 182
Merit: 2
I can't post my my reports on the bounties page
copper member
Activity: 112
Merit: 0
why not.
your idea makes me ponder, I wonder why you decided to implement it.
but it is really possible and promising, as in prisons, first of all, control and openness are needed.

My family works in the prison system and i got to thinking no one is offering this service to the prison who is using a way outdated way of getting funds into the prison

"The price of doing the same old thing is far higher
than the price of change.” —Bill Clinton
copper member

Activity: 364
Merit: 100
why not.
your idea makes me ponder, I wonder why you decided to implement it.
but it is really possible and promising, as in prisons, first of all, control and openness are needed.
Activity: 770
Hi there,

Right now there is 8 people
We have told the Department of Corrections, we will give them tokens to disburse within the pilot prison as they see fit.  How they will do this is still up in the air.  
Will there be any way for inmates to earn cellblocks tokens? I think giving them opportunities to earn tokens could be really cool, but I'm not sure if that is an option.

It's good to leave that option open to them. It would be cool if they chose to do that. The more I learn about this project, the better it sounds. It's a really good idea.

How many people work on the team?

Thanks for the reply. I think that's pretty solid for the beginning. Who in your team is responsible for answering questions here?
Activity: 486
Activity: 588

Thanks for your reply. I'm marking my calendar Smiley
Activity: 512
The more I read about this project, the more I find it to be a great idea. It could solve many issues including theft and high fees. I am happy to see that the fees cannot be increased by anyone and will always remain a firm $0.24.
Activity: 378
Not public yet

Is there a Github repo link available? I tried following the link in the original post, but it didn't work. I understand if it's not public just yet.

Completely understandable. I could see releasing that too early could be problematic since you are trying to get prisons involved. I appreciate your response and can't wait to see what Cellblocks has in store for the future Smiley
copper member
it's incredibly difficult to make this idea work, even in the US, not to mention other countries where prison conditions are more violent.
already there are any arrangements in any organizations to implement this idea?

Yes, we have already be invited to give a presentation to one state prison administration and did that 2 weeks ago.  We also have 3 more in the next 90 days with different states
copper member
Not public yet

Is there a Github repo link available? I tried following the link in the original post, but it didn't work. I understand if it's not public just yet.
Activity: 868
Merit: 500
it's incredibly difficult to make this idea work, even in the US, not to mention other countries where prison conditions are more violent.
already there are any arrangements in any organizations to implement this idea?
Activity: 756

Can US investors get in on this? Seems like half the new projects I find just completely disallow us from participating.
Activity: 399
I see that the team has finalized a deal for kiosks. That's a big step, so good job! This project seems to have a real need and a team that is working hard to achieve the goals.

Do you guys have a list of partners so far that you can share?

I am still curious about this. Thanks!
Activity: 378
copper member

Pages:
Jump to: