Pages:
Author

Topic: ⚡⚡[ANN] [PRE-ICO] ⚡⚡ PHILANTHOR ❤️ Blockchain Philanthropy Foundation ⚡ LIVE ⚡ - page 2. (Read 22994 times)

Activity: 308
Merit: 100
interesting project in the information submitted on this thread, I also see the allocation of funds on each item developed quite a lot, the total supply of coins is not excessive, what is the price of each coin? where is this coin exchange when listing?

For causes like this the only thing that counts is that you ultimately change something in the world for the better.

Thanks Bober. That how we expect to create value for the members and token holders. By making a small change at a time, even if small, even if we can't change the world, we still can make a difference for a lot of people and topics.

Changing a small piece of the world means changing the world as it is not anymore what is had been before the change. The issue for me is that token holders shouldn't be top priority in charity. It is firstly about the causes you want to support.

Token holders which we like to call Members, bring new perspectives. For example just for illustration, if enough members live in an area affected by Dengue fever, which takes thousands of casualties per year in Asia, a virus than most westerners never heard about, then enough "token holders" from those areas, can create a movement in Philanthor's swarm to support research for a cure.

There is a start up if I remember that correctly that presents specific research causes (for example like the Dengue fever) and then anybody can contribute to support research. Sure why not have more than one project going this way, but do you expect a lot of parties in this network to be rather interested in personal profits than in supporting good causes?

We can't prevent or anticipate people's intention. We think that most donors and philanthropists don't like to mix profits with donations, as it takes away the altruistic motive. However if one wants to enjoy both worlds, we aren't here to judge or prevent it.

You are basically right about that, but the problem is how do you know that someone joining your network is a philanthropist?

By joining our network he becomes a philanthorpist.

I would disagree with this statement. Joining your network doesn't necessarily make you a philanthropist. I think there is more to that.
Activity: 98
Merit: 0
We need more projects like this. More humanitarian projects. By improving the lives of those in emerging economies we can improve the lives of everyone.
Activity: 1834
Merit: 639
*Brute force will solve any Bitcoin problem*
Sharing is the only thing for humanity. My hope for world really increasing with philanthropist project like this. Thank you for your project. Wish you success...

Sharing is caring Smiley  cheers
Activity: 143
interesting project in the information submitted on this thread, I also see the allocation of funds on each item developed quite a lot, the total supply of coins is not excessive, what is the price of each coin? where is this coin exchange when listing?
Activity: 238
Merit: 1
This is a meaningful project, Philanthor will help improve life on earth, creating a good impact on society.
Activity: 84
the concept is neatly arranged philanthor that will provide a positive impact for the future, and I am sure it will be a lot of attention all over the world

Yes. Philanthore projects based on blockchain, this project will fix real life problems. Moreover, our funds, assistance, and resources flow gracefully between causes that reflect the wishes of our members' collective minds, without geographical, social or cultural bias.
Activity: 756
Merit: 265

This has to be made clear: We are not dedicated to charity. only 10% of our funds are dedicated to charity only, the rest are for philanthorpy activities:
There is a big difference between Philanthropy and Charity. Philanthropy is about investment in social good, venture philanthorpy, grants for research, education, and other social causes for good.
Philanthor is dedicated to help solve the root causes of problems by education and research, not by providing quick remedies like charity.

A little bit of everything is complicated, but in fact it would be interesting to look at this implementation, for this, probably, it will take years.
Did not see the information about soft-cap, it is missing?
Activity: 184
Merit: 1
the concept is neatly arranged philanthor that will provide a positive impact for the future, and I am sure it will be a lot of attention all over the world
Activity: 1708
Merit: 749
How does this Philanthor plan on harnessing a collective intelligence?  now the little people can become a philantropist!! Decentralizing a good deed!

People have ideas, and moral values. These are not necessarily reflected in today's world, where decisions are taken based on political views, and capital interests. This is where philanthropy foundations come into place and fill the gap. You can see the work of Gates Foundation for example. They come in and help in areas where governments or financial corporations do not participate enough. We are the same, the only difference is that we want to run it based on the collective intelligence of our members. We like to hear what you are interested to fix in the world, what illnesses, gender inequalities, etc... and act based on those inputs from the members.

https://www.philanthor.com

There is a huge problem with starting a philanthropy foundation out of nowhere for a reason. You mention Bill Gates, but trust has never been an issue since he used his own money and was the richest man in the world when he got started. It's very different when a few guys launch a thread and want to collect investor money to do the same. How much are you putting up to get the fund going? I am not saying your intentions are bad, but there are dozens and dozens of trust issues with this approach.

That's a good point. More than that - this is exactly the point of what we are doing: to allow anyone to become a real philanthropist not only the rich and famous (many of them doing it as a way of saving taxes on their investments and personal assets).

We have pre-allocated about 60% of all the token supply to give away for philanthropy, and another 50% of all the proceeds of the token sale for donations. The whole model is described in the white paper here: https://www.philanthor.com/assets/whitepaper.pdf

Blockchain makes this much more transparent than any traditional foundation in the world today, which aren't accountable to any of their donors. Blockchain solve a lot of trust issues: transparency, traceability and accountability. So if one is ok with donating to any traditional foundation or charity, one should be more than happy with donating to a foundation that is running on a transparent open ledger.

I think you should focus on some very specific causes in order to get the word out and show that you can make an impact. If you just distribute your tokens and call yourself a philanthropic project people may not believe you. I think you should focus on something to get started and demonstrate how it could work.

Very well-said. That's why I'm too hesitant with projects like this - charity, philanthropic movement...Because most of the time, they just want to raise money for themselves. Why not provide us proofs first that you can deliver such mission? If you are really philanthropists, you don't need huge money to start with.

1. We have dedicated 50% of the pre-sale and crowd sale to donate to causes. That is the proof of concept.
2. We have vetter already over 100 recipients (charities and grant seekers) for that proof of concept purpose.
3. We have set asside over 60% of all tokens in circulation into funds/buckets that will go to philanthropy activities only - that for the future of the fund.

I request that you read our plan in the white-paper, or direct questions to us to understand the model. Beyond that, if you have constructive suggestions how to prove the proof of concept beyond what we are already doing, we are listening and welcoming such advise.

The plan in the white paper is one thing and execution the other. I would like to see a known organization come forward and confirm that you are serious about this. You are not the first project with a sound white paper asking for money to launch a philanthropic network. This is not against you. Experience just isn't the best when people claim to dedicate themselves to good causes.
this is very difficult to understand, when a project that focuses on the field of charity means the project is looking for investors who do not expect profits because the result of the purchase of tokens is for charity, what will be like that? are there no benefits gained from this field? thank you

That is the point: as far as I understand this there is some kind of promised gain as more and more people will want to use this for charity and thereby increase the price of the token or something.
Activity: 60
Merit: 2
Beyond Your Imagination
How does this Philanthor plan on harnessing a collective intelligence?  now the little people can become a philantropist!! Decentralizing a good deed!

People have ideas, and moral values. These are not necessarily reflected in today's world, where decisions are taken based on political views, and capital interests. This is where philanthropy foundations come into place and fill the gap. You can see the work of Gates Foundation for example. They come in and help in areas where governments or financial corporations do not participate enough. We are the same, the only difference is that we want to run it based on the collective intelligence of our members. We like to hear what you are interested to fix in the world, what illnesses, gender inequalities, etc... and act based on those inputs from the members.

There is a huge problem with starting a philanthropy foundation out of nowhere for a reason. You mention Bill Gates, but trust has never been an issue since he used his own money and was the richest man in the world when he got started. It's very different when a few guys launch a thread and want to collect investor money to do the same. How much are you putting up to get the fund going? I am not saying your intentions are bad, but there are dozens and dozens of trust issues with this approach.

That's a good point. More than that - this is exactly the point of what we are doing: to allow anyone to become a real philanthropist not only the rich and famous (many of them doing it as a way of saving taxes on their investments and personal assets).

We have pre-allocated about 60% of all the token supply to give away for philanthropy, and another 50% of all the proceeds of the token sale for donations. The whole model is described in the white paper here: https://www.philanthor.com/assets/whitepaper.pdf

Blockchain makes this much more transparent than any traditional foundation in the world today, which aren't accountable to any of their donors. Blockchain solve a lot of trust issues: transparency, traceability and accountability. So if one is ok with donating to any traditional foundation or charity, one should be more than happy with donating to a foundation that is running on a transparent open ledger.

I think you should focus on some very specific causes in order to get the word out and show that you can make an impact. If you just distribute your tokens and call yourself a philanthropic project people may not believe you. I think you should focus on something to get started and demonstrate how it could work.

Very well-said. That's why I'm too hesitant with projects like this - charity, philanthropic movement...Because most of the time, they just want to raise money for themselves. Why not provide us proofs first that you can deliver such mission? If you are really philanthropists, you don't need huge money to start with.

1. We have dedicated 50% of the pre-sale and crowd sale to donate to causes. That is the proof of concept.
2. We have vetter already over 100 recipients (charities and grant seekers) for that proof of concept purpose.
3. We have set asside over 60% of all tokens in circulation into funds/buckets that will go to philanthropy activities only - that for the future of the fund.

I request that you read our plan in the white-paper, or direct questions to us to understand the model. Beyond that, if you have constructive suggestions how to prove the proof of concept beyond what we are already doing, we are listening and welcoming such advise.

The plan in the white paper is one thing and execution the other. I would like to see a known organization come forward and confirm that you are serious about this. You are not the first project with a sound white paper asking for money to launch a philanthropic network. This is not against you. Experience just isn't the best when people claim to dedicate themselves to good causes.
this is very difficult to understand, when a project that focuses on the field of charity means the project is looking for investors who do not expect profits because the result of the purchase of tokens is for charity, what will be like that? are there no benefits gained from this field? thank you

This has to be made clear: We are not dedicated to charity. only 10% of our funds are dedicated to charity only, the rest are for philanthorpy activities:
There is a big difference between Philanthropy and Charity. Philanthropy is about investment in social good, venture philanthorpy, grants for research, education, and other social causes for good.
Philanthor is dedicated to help solve the root causes of problems by education and research, not by providing quick remedies like charity.

thanks for the explanation, but there is one question that I haven't answered. how will investors benefit from this project? maybe this will make me more motivated to join the sale of this project. thank you

Yes, to make such an aspect clear is just one little step in a grand project's architecture, but a giant leap for investors's confidence. Smiley
Activity: 322
Merit: 10
Philanthor will combine the topic of caring, our collective intelligence, and focus directly on doing good for the earth, humanity and future generations.
Activity: 1162
Merit: 752
Rollbit - Crypto Futures

thanks for the explanation, but there is one question that I haven't answered. how will investors benefit from this project? maybe this will make me more motivated to join the sale of this project. thank you
Activity: 358
carried by Philanthor should be to follow the development because this project is very promising and very beneficial to society because it puts social activities
copper member
Activity: 56

Activity: 1162
Merit: 752
Rollbit - Crypto Futures

Activity: 1708
Merit: 749

Activity: 60
Merit: 2
Beyond Your Imagination
Many have venture in the field of philanthropy or charity already but up until now no known blockchain project has attain their mission. Have you heard a certain individual or institution that received help from blockchain project? Most of the time, it's only donations but not receiving aid thru this platform. So what is your edge to make this real and not fall in the trading business only?

Thanks that's a good question:

a. Over a considerable period of time we have done quiet a lot of research, and had a discussion with dozens of future recipients who are happy to work with us, either as donations, grants or scholarships or aid.
b. Our team was specifically chosen to cover a wide scope of philanthropy topics, such as agriculture/agri-tech, energy, biotech, health tech, education (and a few more). Each one of our team members in involved in more than a handful of projects that are eager to work with us, so we have a growing lineup of exciting projects.
c. Charity is only a small part of our scope (about 10% of the reserve fund) but we can see already various blockchain based charities, coins, or charities that accept crypto as donations. So we believe the trend will grow from here forward.
d. We have seen a few other projects in this space, some are truly inspiring, but most of them are focused on building a platform for charity fund raising. Our focus is on the actual philanthropy work, specifically building an AI based Hive mind, that not only raises funds, and takes advise from the token holders, but then spends the funds for social good. You can think of it as a 360° holistic true philanthropy work, rather than just the fund raising platform.

I hope that gives an answer, and we'll be happy to discuss more in details.

This is quite a good answer, actually. I am a bit skeptic about the possibilities of such a project, since many have already tried something in this area but nobody had success yet. However, as people say, there's always a first time... I guess this can succed only if the skills, vision and integrity of the team are at true levels of excellence.

Out of curiosity, do you remember the names of similar projects that didn't make it?

Most of them I've forgotten by now, I remember many coins already branded for charity in 2014 but they probably just were aiming of enriching the devs and nothing survived as far as I know.
More recently, I've seen this one:

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/anntokengiftcoin-crypto-for-charity-and-good-causes-sale-on-20th-march-2828871

If I'll remember more examples I'll add them.

copper member
Hi guys.
Their idea is rather engaging in my mind.
Attentive business, interesting plan!

Thanks Rachel, we hope you join us and become a member.
copper member

For causes like this the only thing that counts is that you ultimately change something in the world for the better.

Thanks Bober. That how we expect to create value for the members and token holders. By making a small change at a time, even if small, even if we can't change the world, we still can make a difference for a lot of people and topics.

Changing a small piece of the world means changing the world as it is not anymore what is had been before the change. The issue for me is that token holders shouldn't be top priority in charity. It is firstly about the causes you want to support.

Token holders which we like to call Members, bring new perspectives. For example just for illustration, if enough members live in an area affected by Dengue fever, which takes thousands of casualties per year in Asia, a virus than most westerners never heard about, then enough "token holders" from those areas, can create a movement in Philanthor's swarm to support research for a cure.

There is a start up if I remember that correctly that presents specific research causes (for example like the Dengue fever) and then anybody can contribute to support research. Sure why not have more than one project going this way, but do you expect a lot of parties in this network to be rather interested in personal profits than in supporting good causes?

We can't prevent or anticipate people's intention. We think that most donors and philanthropists don't like to mix profits with donations, as it takes away the altruistic motive. However if one wants to enjoy both worlds, we aren't here to judge or prevent it.

You are basically right about that, but the problem is how do you know that someone joining your network is a philanthropist?

By joining our network he becomes a philanthorpist.
Activity: 308

Pages:
Jump to: