Pages:
Author

Topic: ⚡⚡[ANN] [PRE-ICO] ⚡⚡ PHILANTHOR ❤️ Blockchain Philanthropy Foundation ⚡ LIVE ⚡ - page 4. (Read 22995 times)

Activity: 123
Merit: 1
Staker.network - POS Smart Contract ETH Token
Is their going to be any airdrop activities in your project?
copper member
Activity: 56
Merit: 0
CoinFollow ICO aggregator published Philanthor (PTH) project. Average rating is 8.6/10 at the moment of posting. More details are available here https://coinfollow.io/ico/philanthor

Thank you Smiley !
copper member
How does this Philanthor plan on harnessing a collective intelligence?  now the little people can become a philantropist!! Decentralizing a good deed!

People have ideas, and moral values. These are not necessarily reflected in today's world, where decisions are taken based on political views, and capital interests. This is where philanthropy foundations come into place and fill the gap. You can see the work of Gates Foundation for example. They come in and help in areas where governments or financial corporations do not participate enough. We are the same, the only difference is that we want to run it based on the collective intelligence of our members. We like to hear what you are interested to fix in the world, what illnesses, gender inequalities, etc... and act based on those inputs from the members.

https://www.philanthor.com

There is a huge problem with starting a philanthropy foundation out of nowhere for a reason. You mention Bill Gates, but trust has never been an issue since he used his own money and was the richest man in the world when he got started. It's very different when a few guys launch a thread and want to collect investor money to do the same. How much are you putting up to get the fund going? I am not saying your intentions are bad, but there are dozens and dozens of trust issues with this approach.

That's a good point. More than that - this is exactly the point of what we are doing: to allow anyone to become a real philanthropist not only the rich and famous (many of them doing it as a way of saving taxes on their investments and personal assets).

We have pre-allocated about 60% of all the token supply to give away for philanthropy, and another 50% of all the proceeds of the token sale for donations. The whole model is described in the white paper here: https://www.philanthor.com/assets/whitepaper.pdf

Blockchain makes this much more transparent than any traditional foundation in the world today, which aren't accountable to any of their donors. Blockchain solve a lot of trust issues: transparency, traceability and accountability. So if one is ok with donating to any traditional foundation or charity, one should be more than happy with donating to a foundation that is running on a transparent open ledger.

I think you should focus on some very specific causes in order to get the word out and show that you can make an impact. If you just distribute your tokens and call yourself a philanthropic project people may not believe you. I think you should focus on something to get started and demonstrate how it could work.

Very well-said. That's why I'm too hesitant with projects like this - charity, philanthropic movement...Because most of the time, they just want to raise money for themselves. Why not provide us proofs first that you can deliver such mission? If you are really philanthropists, you don't need huge money to start with.

Philanthor has taken the following steps:
1. Dedicated in advance 50% of the pre-sale and crowd sale to donate to causes. That is the proof of concept.
2. Vetted over 100 recipients (charities and grant seekers) for that proof of concept purpose.
3. Set asside over 60% of all tokens in circulation into funds/buckets that will go to philanthropy activities only - that for the future of the fund.

I request that you read our plan in the white-paper, or direct questions to us to understand the model. Beyond that, if you have constructive suggestions how to prove the proof of concept beyond what we are already doing, we are listening and welcoming such advise.
copper member
How does this Philanthor plan on harnessing a collective intelligence?  now the little people can become a philantropist!! Decentralizing a good deed!

People have ideas, and moral values. These are not necessarily reflected in today's world, where decisions are taken based on political views, and capital interests. This is where philanthropy foundations come into place and fill the gap. You can see the work of Gates Foundation for example. They come in and help in areas where governments or financial corporations do not participate enough. We are the same, the only difference is that we want to run it based on the collective intelligence of our members. We like to hear what you are interested to fix in the world, what illnesses, gender inequalities, etc... and act based on those inputs from the members.

There is a huge problem with starting a philanthropy foundation out of nowhere for a reason. You mention Bill Gates, but trust has never been an issue since he used his own money and was the richest man in the world when he got started. It's very different when a few guys launch a thread and want to collect investor money to do the same. How much are you putting up to get the fund going? I am not saying your intentions are bad, but there are dozens and dozens of trust issues with this approach.

That's a good point. More than that - this is exactly the point of what we are doing: to allow anyone to become a real philanthropist not only the rich and famous (many of them doing it as a way of saving taxes on their investments and personal assets).

We have pre-allocated about 60% of all the token supply to give away for philanthropy, and another 50% of all the proceeds of the token sale for donations. The whole model is described in the white paper here: https://www.philanthor.com/assets/whitepaper.pdf

Blockchain makes this much more transparent than any traditional foundation in the world today, which aren't accountable to any of their donors. Blockchain solve a lot of trust issues: transparency, traceability and accountability. So if one is ok with donating to any traditional foundation or charity, one should be more than happy with donating to a foundation that is running on a transparent open ledger.

I think you should focus on some very specific causes in order to get the word out and show that you can make an impact. If you just distribute your tokens and call yourself a philanthropic project people may not believe you. I think you should focus on something to get started and demonstrate how it could work.

Very well-said. That's why I'm too hesitant with projects like this - charity, philanthropic movement...Because most of the time, they just want to raise money for themselves. Why not provide us proofs first that you can deliver such mission? If you are really philanthropists, you don't need huge money to start with.

1. We have dedicated 50% of the pre-sale and crowd sale to donate to causes. That is the proof of concept.
2. We have vetter already over 100 recipients (charities and grant seekers) for that proof of concept purpose.
3. We have set asside over 60% of all tokens in circulation into funds/buckets that will go to philanthropy activities only - that for the future of the fund.

I request that you read our plan in the white-paper, or direct questions to us to understand the model. Beyond that, if you have constructive suggestions how to prove the proof of concept beyond what we are already doing, we are listening and welcoming such advise.
Activity: 1988
Merit: 275

Activity: 57
CoinFollow ICO aggregator published Philanthor (PTH) project. Average rating is 8.6/10 at the moment of posting. More details are available here https://coinfollow.io/ico/philanthor
copper member

Thanks for your productive input. We are actually doing that exactly.

Activity: 1708
Merit: 749

copper member
I signed up and bought a bit of PTH to show support of this idea, I do hope to see this succeed (or come across more choices such as this to do something good with my crypto)

One question though - besides the fact that it is difficult to find charities that collect cryptocurrency donations today, can you explain how this is different than hitting a "Donate with BTC" button to donate directly to a charity?

Thanks for your support!

Philanthropy is a bit different than charity; not all types of charity are philanthropy, or vice versa, (though there is an overlap). The main difference is that charity aims to relieve the pain of a particular social problem, whereas philanthropy attempts to address the root cause of the problem. An example is the difference between sending pain killers to malaria patients which is charity, versus educating the public in affected areas or supporting medical research teams in finding a cure for malaria, which are philanthropy.

We have set aside 10% of our future donations to Charity, but the majority will go into finding long term sustainable solutions to the problems.

This is very educating. Learning the difference between Charity and Philanthropy.

Many people use the terms interchangeably. But the difference is quiet substantial.
Activity: 123
Merit: 1
Staker.network - POS Smart Contract ETH Token
I signed up and bought a bit of PTH to show support of this idea, I do hope to see this succeed (or come across more choices such as this to do something good with my crypto)

One question though - besides the fact that it is difficult to find charities that collect cryptocurrency donations today, can you explain how this is different than hitting a "Donate with BTC" button to donate directly to a charity?

Thanks for your support!

Philanthropy is a bit different than charity; not all types of charity are philanthropy, or vice versa, (though there is an overlap). The main difference is that charity aims to relieve the pain of a particular social problem, whereas philanthropy attempts to address the root cause of the problem. An example is the difference between sending pain killers to malaria patients which is charity, versus educating the public in affected areas or supporting medical research teams in finding a cure for malaria, which are philanthropy.

We have set aside 10% of our future donations to Charity, but the majority will go into finding long term sustainable solutions to the problems.

This is very educating. Learning the difference between Charity and Philanthropy.
copper member
This is a very nice project with opportunity! Irreproachable idea, engaging vision, responsive results!

Thanks Tammy, I hope you joined us already.
copper member
I've written a message in telegram, waiting for your return. Cognizant project, wondrous design, a rather interesting design.

Hi, what is your telegram handle?
Activity: 1078
Merit: 502
The time has come for people to brace up and embrace this powerful project brought to us from great minds who have come together to take blockchain technology with cryptocurrency to the world at large.This great project called Philanthor seeks to advance the blockchain system and development while spreading it massively to the world at large.These great minds have shown that blockchain technology can be a whole lot better with their mind blowing creativity and information which will bring massive opportunity to our community. I am glad to be a part of this great project.
Activity: 42
Great project, which is really worth paying attention to! It includes an higher idea, a strong team and coordinated work — and these are the main components of great success!

Thanks Sherwinaze for the wonderful support!
I've written a message in telegram, waiting for your return. Cognizant project, wondrous design, a rather interesting design.

Hi, we receive hundreds of messages. Can you tell me how to find yours? What is your telegram user and did you write it in the group ?

https://t.me/Philanthor
Activity: 686
Merit: 250
Philanthor is my best project ever seen so far , I like it and cherish it as well , I love the organizational structure and their vision , it will be emerge as the best project so far in the world
Greetings !
Seems good plan.
Flawless vision, sensible activity!

Hi Kingtoval - thanks for your positive support.
Philanthor is my best project ever seen so far , I like it and cherish it as well , I love the organizational structure and their vision , it will be emerge as the best project so far in the world

Hi HopeCrypto - please let me know if I can be of any help. And I look forward to hear more feedback from in the future.
copper member
Greetings !
Seems good plan.
Flawless vision, sensible activity!

Thanks, we also want to invite you to our website: https://www.philanthor.com  , where you’ll find a lot more information and the white-paper.
Pages:
Jump to: