Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] [PRE-SALE 30% BONUS] MASS Token - Masternode And Staking Service - page 13. (Read 29203 times)

Activity: 112
Merit: 10
You do not get payouts by simply holding. By your logic every coin but bitcoin is a security.

The way "the dao" paper was represented, basically every coin that has an ico is actually at least in some spectrum of being classified as a security. What we are doing is waiting for our council to guide us as to the best way to handle the current landscape as well as prepare us best for the shifting landscape of the future.

Basically a security is defined loosely as any common business where there is expectation of profit, nothing to do with dividends etc really, its more about how things are structured. Even just simply using the term ICO at the moment basically starts the 'branding' of it being a security, at least in the spectrum of it.

The goal is to be able to move forward with the guidance of our lawyers while not completely butchering the functionality.

What you will see a lot of people going on about in chats and stuff (or when people ask why a certain token etc isn't on an exchange) is that 'it offers dividends/payouts so it is a security' That simply isn't true, people really don't understand very well what a security is, but people getting payouts doesn't make it one specifically. Although MASS is still different than that even, but that is what the lawyers are for.
Activity: 51
Merit: 0
What's up with mass token, I've lost follow up with what's going on...can someone brief me

They are awaiting legal council before they get on with the ICO and ppl freak out . That kinda sums it up
Activity: 266
Merit: 100
What's up with mass token, I've lost follow up with what's going on...can someone brief me
First of all, you don't know this is a security because it differs from the DAO, there's alot of variables that come into play here. Stuff like that the MASS token will be needed to use the service kind of makes it more difficult to name it (my memory is failing, too many projects reviewed so correct me if im wrong here but that's how I see it).
Second, they have no obligation to reset the ICO since it was stopped, however resuming it will be harder without council. If enough people feel that they missed the refund offering, they ought to announce another one properly. The reason they haven't done this I reckon is because there's 2 guys that want this.
IF there's more people in here that wants refund, you better speak up, and we'll see what they decide.
Its a security. It offers a payout.

You do not get payouts by simply holding. By your logic every coin but bitcoin is a security.
One thing is clear is that there should not be another presale or if there is, it should not be at the same terms (lower bonus) or an extra bonus provided to all existing token holders.

Those who have already invested should be rewarded for holding through this delay.

I assume that enough ETH has been received by MASS to begin any and all development necessary. Maybe an update on that can be provided?

30% was the pre-sale bonus, if the pre-sale resumes (because it was cut short early) it will have the same bonus for the remainder of it.
In the Ann you misspelled the word electricity.

But never mind that. Too tired to re read, but the point of this project is for the team to invest on coins after careful studying, so that they can do pos, and the token holders get the rewards?

PoS + masternode to begin with.
Activity: 336
Merit: 102
One thing is clear is that there should not be another presale or if there is, it should not be at the same terms (lower bonus) or an extra bonus provided to all existing token holders.

Those who have already invested should be rewarded for holding through this delay.

I assume that enough ETH has been received by MASS to begin any and all development necessary. Maybe an update on that can be provided?

I said the same thing and the mass representative blew it off
Activity: 300
Merit: 250
In the Ann you misspelled the word electricity.

But never mind that. Too tired to re read, but the point of this project is for the team to invest on coins after careful studying, so that they can do pos, and the token holders get the rewards?
Activity: 476
Merit: 251

Activity: 82
Mass is not a security. It's a pool of funds that stakes the tokens.
Lawyers ive spoken with, and lawyers i know for several high profile icos, think its too fine a line. If it was that cut and dry, it wouldnt hv been 19 days and counting since mass' last public announcement!

You might have ADD, go meditate, smoke a joint or get laid or something that will calm you down. As you know i have you ignored, but you're such a stressed person that you keep on going. This thread is also the only thread you post in.

Which lawyers, and for which ICO's?  You're full of shit, again as I stated before you're not fooling me. I'm starting to doubt if you're even human and not some AI bot that is programmed to spread FUD.

If you're not then you are still a kid with a big mouth. You have been offered a refund but you don't want a refund. You want to stay invested and keep hurting the project. 

Do you see that it does not add up?

Activity: 238
Merit: 101
Crypto connoisseur.
Lawyers ive spoken with, and lawyers i know for several high profile icos, think its too fine a line. If it was that cut and dry, it wouldnt hv been 19 days and counting since mass' last public announcement!
Activity: 896
Merit: 553
Crypto connoisseur.
First of all, you don't know this is a security because it differs from the DAO, there's alot of variables that come into play here. Stuff like that the MASS token will be needed to use the service kind of makes it more difficult to name it (my memory is failing, too many projects reviewed so correct me if im wrong here but that's how I see it).
Second, they have no obligation to reset the ICO since it was stopped, however resuming it will be harder without council. If enough people feel that they missed the refund offering, they ought to announce another one properly. The reason they haven't done this I reckon is because there's 2 guys that want this.
IF there's more people in here that wants refund, you better speak up, and we'll see what they decide.

I'd take a refund if this was anonymous (triggered through wallet as before)

Nobody has gotten a refund since the refund window was closed weeks ago. No refunds have been mentioned after that, nobody has gotten a refund after that, there have been instances where people have had their mass pre-sale bought out. If anyone would like to do that, as has been stated multiple times, we do have people who are wanting to buy and we will facilitate the invalidation of that accounts pre-sale mass address and then credit it to the purchasers address, since pre-sale mass is technically 'non transferable' this is how it works, private deals obviously are people attempting to scam, so if there is an intention to do this contact someone who is part of the mass team via email: [email protected].

Dont know what youre waiting for, youre going to have to refund everyone since mass is a security. Are your lawyers better than bigger icos lawyers?
Activity: 38
I'd be happy to buy some more MASS if anyone wants to sell theirs through the team. Please add me to the list of eager beavers :@)

Nobody has gotten a refund since the refund window was closed weeks ago. No refunds have been mentioned after that, nobody has gotten a refund after that, there have been instances where people have had their mass pre-sale bought out. If anyone would like to do that, as has been stated multiple times, we do have people who are wanting to buy and we will facilitate the invalidation of that accounts pre-sale mass address and then credit it to the purchasers address, since pre-sale mass is technically 'non transferable' this is how it works, private deals obviously are people attempting to scam, so if there is an intention to do this contact someone who is part of the mass team via email: [email protected].

Activity: 8

Crypto connoisseur.
Its a security. It offers a payout.
Crypto connoisseur.
Defining a security, which mass is, since it offers a "dividend"

Page 10 of the SEC DAO Report "Accordingly, the Commission deems it appropriate and in the public interest to issue this Report in order to stress that the U.S. federal securities law may apply to various activities, including distributed ledger technology, depending on the particular facts and circumstances, without regard to the form of the organization or technology used to effectuate a particular offer or sale. In this Report, the Commission considers the particular facts and circumstances of the offer and sale of DAO Tokens to demonstrate the application of existing U.S. federal securities laws to this new paradigm."

And many of you pay taxes i assume, and a few behind the scenes upper level people at 3 MAJOR icos have told me Ether will be horrible for tax purposes as a payout.

So, refund everyone's money, since you have NO WAY of knowing who the us based customers were, because if you allow them to stay on will maje you liable, and then restart the ico or whatever the heck you wanna call it once you get your whatever you wanna call it together.
Activity: 82
Or maybe i should try this with a few of my clients. Tell em ill get back with them in a few days tops and then call them a month later and see if they still want to hear my pitch?

I see the cry baby is still active. You FUDster have a lot of time to spread this negative energy, I bet your life is full of happiness.
Pages:
Jump to: