Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] [QCN] QuazarCoin | Full privacy&data protection | Egalitarian PoW - page 11. (Read 186555 times)

Activity: 462
Merit: 250
What are some recent developments? There haven't been much on Twitter for a bit.
Is there a possibility that QCN will be back on Poloniex?

I do not think it will be back on Poloniex in the near future. Even the volume of XMR is about 50 BTC per day recently, although it is the most traded coin there.
Activity: 61
Merit: 10
What are some recent developments? There haven't been much on Twitter for a bit.
Is there a possibility that QCN will be back on Poloniex?
legendary
Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

Does Cryptonote.org supply the the new update or do you implement the above yourself?

I reviewed most of the changes and they are merged from the cryptonote code.

Is it from their August update?

Some of it is from June, but I didn't carefully trace every change.

Does Cryptonote.org supply the the new update or do you implement the above yourself?

Is it from their August update?
legendary
Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198
Important update!

Please upload the new binaries

Win64
Mac OS X
Linux
Source

It has been a long time since I posted anything new and now I'm presenting you with a fresh release with some important updates. First of all, they will help with the upcoming big things and secondly I'm sure you will appreciate them as users.

• The high-level API for wallet and node has been implemented. Devs will be able to create new services conveniently and quickly. This update allows to finalize a cross-platform GUI wallet in the nearest future.
  • The CryptoNight hash function was optimized to top speed.
  • Blockchain now occupies 450 Mb instead of 1.3 Gb because it has been transferred from the RAM.
  • Blockchain is no longer different depending on OS. There are 3 files instead of 1. You will need the blockindexes.dat & blocks.dat files in order to synchronize. The blockscache.dat file will be created by the daemon while processing in order to get the blocks quicker.

I've uploaded new blockchain, you can download it here.

Important update!

Win64
Mac OS X
Linux
Source

It has been a long time since I posted anything new and now I'm presenting you with a fresh release with some important updates. First of all, they will help with the upcoming big things and secondly I'm sure you will appreciate them as users.

• The high-level API for wallet and node has been implemented. Devs will be able to create new services conveniently and quickly. This update allows to finalize a cross-platform GUI wallet in the nearest future.
  • Blockchain now occupies 450 Mb instead of 1.3 Gb because it has been transferred from the RAM.
  • Blockchain is no longer different depending on OS. There are 3 files instead of 1. You will need the blockindexes.dat & blocks.dat files in order to synchronize. The blockscache.dat file will be created by the daemon while processing in order to get the blocks quicker.

Activity: 756
Merit: 500
dev, qcnpool not work

Thank you, I'll write the other dev asap.
Official QCN pool is with 10% fee - WTF ?

What do you mean? All pools receive no more than 3%.
Important update!

Win64
Mac OS X
Linux
Source

Activity: 227
Merit: 103
SINTEZ LLC
dev, qcnpool not work
legendary
Activity: 1540
Merit: 1016
Official QCN pool is with 10% fee - WTF ?
Activity: 214
Merit: 100
I found out that another way to make this work is by using a proxy server. I looked for JSON-RPC proxy servers and only found two of them.

Maybe I misunderstood, why not just set up nginx as reverse proxy with SSL if you need SSL? You don't need special json-rpc proxies because it's just plain-old http.

Thanks Sammy for responding.  I was reluctant to post about this stuff here, but am now glad I did. Networking isn't one of my strengths, so your ideas are probably much better than mine. I was wondering whether it is necessary to use a proxy that specifically works with RPC-JSON; you answered my question. What I did works, but I could have done it more simply. I'll look into what you said about using a reverse proxy. I would like to have the security advantages of SSL, but even without having it, that may be secure enough.

I'm not knocking Quazarcoin for not having SSL, the other cryptonote coins probably don't have it either. The only coin that I know for sure has it is Bitcoin.
So ! Where is save to mine quazarcoin? In 100kh pool or in 50kH?

If they set the block times differently, I don't think it would make any difference in the number of coins you receive. It would probably be best to go with who ever set the block times correctly; they would be more trustworthy. If they otherwise looked pretty equal, I'd go with the one who set the block time to 120 seconds.
legendary
So ! Where is save to mine quazarcoin? In 100kh pool or in 50kH?
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1003
Why on some pools the network is 107kH and on other is 53 kH. Is this coin forked ? And the official pool is with 5% fee, not - 0.75% .

Because some pools didn't change block time value from 60 to 120 seconds in node-cryptonote-pool frontend.
legendary
Why on some pools the network is 107kH and on other is 53 kH. Is this coin forked ? And the official pool is with 5% fee, not - 0.75% .
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1003
I found out that another way to make this work is by using a proxy server. I looked for JSON-RPC proxy servers and only found two of them.

Maybe I misunderstood, why not just set up nginx as reverse proxy with SSL if you need SSL? You don't need special json-rpc proxies because it's just plain-old http.
Now about security, I'm no security expert but this is what I think. I think that connecting a GUI wallet through RPC to simplewallet is no more a risk than just operating simplewallet alone. I think that because in both cases the RPC signals are only accessible through locahost. So in order to break in, the intruder would have to break into the computer first and gain control over the computer. In both cases, once that's accomplished it would be easy to run simplewallet with arguments that allow accessing RPC from the outside. What do you think?

Thank you for reading my posts and answering my questions!
I found out that another way to make this work is by using a proxy server. I looked for JSON-RPC proxy servers and only found two of them. Both of them are used for Bitcoin wallets using SSL. I thought that's not really what I need so decided to make my own. I'm already using the node.js node-json-rpc package which has a client and server. It turned out to be pretty easy to make a proxy with that and I can taylor it to my exact needs. That idea is working out very well, though it's more complex than just using CORS.
Hi Oracion;

I have some comments and questions, if you don't mind. I modified the simplewallet server's header to make CORS work with a web browser and recompiled. I tried using CORS to read the simplewallet values through JSON-RPC with Firefox and it didn't work, even though it works when I read the values in the node.js javascript environment. I was reading that in order to use CORS with JSON-RPC there has to first be a preflight handshake between the client and server. I didn't see anything like that in the source code, so I'm thinking that's probably why it doesn't work. Does the Quazarcoin RPC server support preflight requests?
Pages:
Jump to: