Author

Topic: [ANN] Qora | Released 16 May | 100% POS | New Source - page 111. (Read 748232 times)

Activity: 20
Merit: 0
Unfortunately Qora will release the SC when the coin is 'established'.

I can't see anyone saying Qora is 'established' if it's in the 30's on Coinmarketcap however much development progress has been made.

But we won't get any serious buying until people know it's OS (my opinion)

So what we have here is a classic catch 22 and therefore don't expect it to be released anytime soon. And when it does get released it will smell of desperation and no one will care.

Nice coin, terrible community strategy.

It does not have to be all or nothing.
What about splitting source into independent components and opening them one by one ?
Crypto would be the first to open because many are interested to review how secure it is and if Qora made any mistakes there. Also if it's standard then clones already know it anyway.
I guess relationship between addresses and seed can be opened too.

Novel parts of the code like tracking of chained pending transactions and rolling them back can stay hidden - everybody can see it functioning, so no need to open it for easy clones.
I guess Qora knows better what is sensitive to disclosure and what is not.

Modularization can greatly help to split work between developers in the future, so it's worth Qora's effort to do it.
Each module could have own release lifecycle and well defined API to interact with other modules.

There was one vote for the whole thing "all or nothing".
How about voting for each module separately ?
legendary
Activity: 1036
Merit: 1000
Nem and Crypti are coming soon the 2.0 war is declared !!!

Kill them all ! Qora knight!
Activity: 322
Merit: 250
dev keeping silent always let investor lost hope.
Dev should say sth in this thread, frequently.
Activity: 686
Merit: 320
hi
someone explained to me why in my wallet balance is lower than the confirmed balance?
thanks

I was having that problem for awhile as well and redownloading the block chain would fix it.. also, I upgraded to the latest and greatest Java and I don't think I've had that problem since then. But I haven't left my wallet open for long periods of time (which would cause the issue in the past) for awhile now so not sure if it still crops up or not.
Activity: 406
Merit: 250
hi
someone explained to me why in my wallet balance is lower than the confirmed balance?
thanks
Well, turns out this is not the NXT thread and I am an idiot Wink
Activity: 41
hi
thanks

I don't know why this happens, but it occasionally happens to me as well. Do not fear! Your coins are still there. If you delete your data and wallet files, restore from seed, it generally fixes the issues. Hopefully the bug gets ironed out soon.

cheers,
spaw
Activity: 285
Merit: 251
better working than talking Smiley

+1
legendary
Activity: 1106
What are you think about Stellar?  Roll Eyes

Stellar is using a completely different approach than QORA. So it is not really a competitor. Intresting nontheless.

It's a Ripple clone and I'm guessing you are trying to spread positive vibes about it.

I wondering if its the good moment to buy or wait for a prospective dump

No one knows the future but I would say this is the best time to buy. Any-day now Qora will release AE and after that I doubt we will see the price as low as now.  
Activity: 502
Merit: 500
better working than talking Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1680
Merit: 1001
CEO Bitpanda.com

Well, he was online yesterday. No need to panic Wink
Activity: 106
Merit: 10
Activity: 168
Merit: 100
I stopped looking at qora's price for a while...still holding mine.
A bit depressing to see other scamcoins with way bigger market caps but I'm sure eventually this coin will shine.

yes it will be. im still buying more. i have 1% of the distro at the moment hoping to get it to 2%

See how people like you are hoping to get the price down to buy more. I know that still makes you a supporter but you will succeed in getting the price down, it just might stay there though.

And to all those who voted for keeping the source code closed I hope you can see the result of your actions in the price. Soon other coins will come and Qora will be over looked. Smashing job fellas.

There is no rush to open the code, unless you want clones to jump in. When the time comes the source code will open, maybe full of bugs to delay the hungry clones  Grin just like NXT did

There's already KORA and ORA, so I don't think being closed source is making much of a difference in that regard.  Besides, all alts are essentially clones, so we shouldn't get too grandiose about these things.  Being closed source is an obstacle to some of your potential investors, so the sooner you remove those hurdles, the sooner it'll grow.  If you leave it too long, people will lose interest and move onto the next coin.

Someone gets it. I've said it before and I will say it again Clones help the original. The worst thing is no one clones your coin.
legendary
Activity: 1428
kora is ora...
legendary
Activity: 3724
Merit: 3063
Leave no FUD unchallenged
I stopped looking at qora's price for a while...still holding mine.
A bit depressing to see other scamcoins with way bigger market caps but I'm sure eventually this coin will shine.

yes it will be. im still buying more. i have 1% of the distro at the moment hoping to get it to 2%

See how people like you are hoping to get the price down to buy more. I know that still makes you a supporter but you will succeed in getting the price down, it just might stay there though.

And to all those who voted for keeping the source code closed I hope you can see the result of your actions in the price. Soon other coins will come and Qora will be over looked. Smashing job fellas.

There is no rush to open the code, unless you want clones to jump in. When the time comes the source code will open, maybe full of bugs to delay the hungry clones  Grin just like NXT did

There's already KORA and ORA, so I don't think being closed source is making much of a difference in that regard.  Besides, all alts are essentially clones, so we shouldn't get too grandiose about these things.  Being closed source is an obstacle to some of your potential investors, so the sooner you remove those hurdles, the sooner it'll grow.  If you leave it too long, people will lose interest and move onto the next coin.

Stellar is using a completely different approach than QORA. So it is not really a competitor. Intresting nontheless.

It's a Ripple clone and I'm guessing you are trying to spread positive vibes about it.

Who needs FUD when we got this community?
legendary
Activity: 1036

Unfortunately Qora will release the SC when the coin is 'established'.

I can't see anyone saying Qora is 'established' if it's in the 30's on Coinmarketcap however much development progress has been made.

But we won't get any serious buying until people know it's OS (my opinion)

So what we have here is a classic catch 22 and therefore don't expect it to be released anytime soon. And when it does get released it will smell of desperation and no one will care.

Nice coin, terrible community strategy.
legendary
Activity: 1680
Merit: 1001
CEO Bitpanda.com
when will this coin open source?
when we reach 1000 pages in this thread

wow , let's try

if that is the case, then lets start pumping this thread Wink
Activity: 20
when will this coin open source?