Author

Topic: [ANN] Qora | Released 16 May | 100% POS | New Source - page 113. (Read 748232 times)

legendary
Activity: 1428
Merit: 1000
smart marketing left the building after no one was willing to help me push the price up easily for 5btc 300% and have it in the top 10 marketcap for all to see. No one checks out a coin that is at 37 place. And it's too late to easily pump it now. Smart and Qora community don't mix well.

I'm not surprised that smart marketing means for you pumping the price  Roll Eyes

Haha, exactly...but I see his point: 

I trust ONLY that people have self interest. Pumping may temporarily motivate people into buying as a result of FOMO (fear of missing out) and wanting to make a profit (self interest). Marketing does the same thing but with regard to Qora, it will need to be based on a novel, well-developed technology...not fast pump that most likely falls later.

How often does a pump sustain a bull market? In crypto I only see dumps after pumps with a few exceptions. I don't see missing a 5 btc pump as a missed opportunity. Anyway, why not pump 5btc yourself if was such a good idea?

because that would actually be doing something instead of spouting off BS over and over
Activity: 686
Merit: 320
Pumping? This community has actively discouraged the price rising, who does that?
In what way has the community actively discouraged the price rising?
Activity: 585
Merit: 500
smart marketing left the building after no one was willing to help me push the price up easily for 5btc 300% and have it in the top 10 marketcap for all to see. No one checks out a coin that is at 37 place. And it's too late to easily pump it now. Smart and Qora community don't mix well.

I'm not surprised that smart marketing means for you pumping the price  Roll Eyes

Haha, exactly...but I see his point: 

I trust ONLY that people have self interest. Pumping may temporarily motivate people into buying as a result of FOMO (fear of missing out) and wanting to make a profit (self interest). Marketing does the same thing but with regard to Qora, it will need to be based on a novel, well-developed technology...not fast pump that most likely falls later.

How often does a pump sustain a bull market? In crypto I only see dumps after pumps with a few exceptions. I don't see missing a 5 btc pump as a missed opportunity. Anyway, why not pump 5btc yourself if was such a good idea?

Activity: 168
Merit: 100
Sorry, but no silly gimmicks here, so please don't make assumptions. I've worked in advertising for over 10 years in the technology sector, so no "dun dun dun" here as well. Been with Nxt since the beginning and Qora as well, plus a myriad of other crypto's) so I am pretty well versed.

My offer was targeted towards @Qora and wasn't really open to your opinion or comment.

As for other ideas, I stated I am open to discussions.

@lyynx

Good to see that you are interested in investing your time and talent with Qora...I think we need to make a move (any move at this point imo) towards smart marketing....sounds like you have the experience and know-how. I look forward to hearing more about your idea after you discuss with Qora.

I suggest you PM Qora or chat with him on the Qorachat...he's usually on daily. He will probably miss your post as it seems that he only comes on this BTT thread for version updates.

http://coinia.net/qora/chat/

Pumping? This community has actively discouraged the price rising, who does that?
legendary
Activity: 3724
Merit: 3063
Leave no FUD unchallenged
With Qora being as cheap as it is at the moment, it's probably worth a speculative punt.  Short of getting de-listed, it can't really go much lower, heh.  Being in its infancy, I suspect there's still some excitement to come.
Activity: 502
Sorry, but no silly gimmicks here, so please don't make assumptions. I've worked in advertising for over 10 years in the technology sector, so no "dun dun dun" here as well. Been with Nxt since the beginning and Qora as well, plus a myriad of other crypto's) so I am pretty well versed.

My offer was targeted towards @Qora and wasn't really open to your opinion or comment.

@lyynx

Good to see that you are interested in investing your time and talent with Qora...I think we need to make a move (any move at this point imo) towards smart marketing....sounds like you have the experience and know-how. I look forward to hearing more about your idea after you discuss with Qora.

I suggest you PM Qora or chat with him on the Qorachat...he's usually on daily. He will probably miss your post as it seems that he only comes on this BTT thread for version updates.

@lyynx

Activity: 322
Merit: 250
I met startup error when I try to open wallet.

java.lang.NullPointerException
        at qora.e.a(Unknown Source)
        at qora.e.addObserver(Unknown Source)
        at a.a.addObserver(Unknown Source)
        at qora.f.a.(Unknown Source)
        at a.a.start(Unknown Source)
        at Start.main(Unknown Source)
        at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
        at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
        at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
        at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
        at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.jarinjarloader.JarRsrcLoader.main(Unknown So
urce)
STARTUP ERROR: null
Activity: 585

@lyynx

Activity: 109
Merit: 10
@agran
explorer's display has some problem. Grin
legendary
Activity: 1428
Merit: 1000
bought a few more million :-)
Activity: 20
Merit: 0
so cheap, just buy some qora Smiley Smiley Smiley
wooo somone is dumping hard on BTER. I wonder if they are planning to turn around and then pump the price up with the Qora. Either way im glad the market is moving and coins are getting distributed.

Ive said for a while why aren't people buying in large amounts on the trading thread here. They could of sold for way more than 15 sats for the past two months. People aren't smart.
Activity: 502
How do I unlock my wallet? I get prompted to unlock if I try and create a transaction, but I'd rather not pay to unlock. The only menu I see is called File, and has 2 options, neither being "unlock". Clicking on "Wallet is locked" does nothing. The only other button seems to be for creating new accounts. There's no Help button or menu. Am I missing something?

Double-click the lock icon/Wallet is locked.
Thanks. That's well-hidden.
It is not so hard to discover, but yeah, it could be in menu too
Activity: 365
Merit: 251
How do I unlock my wallet? I get prompted to unlock if I try and create a transaction, but I'd rather not pay to unlock. The only menu I see is called File, and has 2 options, neither being "unlock". Clicking on "Wallet is locked" does nothing. The only other button seems to be for creating new accounts. There's no Help button or menu. Am I missing something?

Double-click the lock icon/Wallet is locked.
Thanks. That's well-hidden.
Activity: 380
Merit: 275
As much as I hate to say, I do have to apologize as my post is not clear and caused confusion.

I have multiple ideas for the Qora community that i would be willing to discuss.

However, I have one specifically for @Qora and him only.

I read your post again and it still appears to me you were commenting on potential ideas as gimmicky or veering away from that sort of marketing, otherwise, I see no purpose to that comment. In addition, if anyone's idea is gimmicky i don't give a dam if it works. However, you say that is not your intention, so I take your word.

Why the attitude? I at no point suggested your idea was going to be gimmicky. And correct me if I am wrong but you didn't post this today?

"We need to crack the code that Doge came so close to accomplishing but could not maintain. I have some ideas and would like to hear some ideas that are outside the box from other community members."

And then you shot down anyone for replying to you and sharing some thoughts.

And that was why I was telling you that you may as well share here cause Qora isn't going to engage much with any marketing plan apart from saying sure go ahead. jeez look who has jumped to conclusions.

If you want to talk directly to him, PM. Or try to get him on chat.

*A tip. You can't get indignant or assume on a forum of 50,000 people that might not know your talents and background. Just like you don't know mine.
Activity: 380
Merit: 275

I know everyone is anxious to continue marketing Qora, but at these price levels, I don't think it is an efficient use of funds. We need efforts from a grassroots level and not throw money at it and hope for the best. In addition, at these prices, typically large holders benefit as they dump and by buy more at lower prices. We need horizontal distribution.

Priority one should solely focus on building and showing the value of Qora (not just the monetary type).

We need to crack the code that Doge came so close to accomplishing but could not maintain. I have some ideas and would like to hear some ideas that are outside the box from other community members.

As for Qora priorities, I say the wallet should be the priority one. I have one idea that will encourage Qora wallet adoption by 1,000 x and additionally increase the actual real world use as a currency from day one.

@Qora - please pm me if you are willing to discuss.

I agree in principle. The price is now it seems at a price point where people are willing to buy so new users are naturally coming onboard. We have had a stalemate where people won't sell lower and people won't buy higher. Personally I think anyone is stupid to sell under even 50 sats but I'm glad there is now a bit of market movement.

The key will be more people getting behind this coin, not silly gimmicks. Qora is someone that is focused on coin development so you better share with the community here and get a conversation moving. Au his forum and Reddit etc are the most important first steps to create a grass roots movement.

Two big events to come. AE hopefully in about 10 days. And wallet upgrades that hold a lot of promise, people will buy a coin on a pretty wallet Blackcoin etc. Qora has promised it will bring some uniqueness to Qora and he tends not to exaggerate. I like the fact Qora just releases stuff, no fanfare, just ok here's the AE but it also can lack a bit of buzz and marketing opportunity. remember how NXT did it, dun dun dun with a countdown clock and threads etc. Dont expect that from Qora, we need to create that buzz or there won't be any.  Grin

Personally I think we need to open the source code before the flood of second gen coins comes later this Summer but the community generally doesn't share my view. At least a check on the SC by a third party might alay some fears it's not just a clone or based off NXT. But I think a full OS will be needed for that.

So I think those are the big events that need the community to get excited about and start spreading around at a grass roots level. IMO.

I'll be honest here the problem as I see it is this coin gets zero hype. People will mock you as trying to pump the coin here if you try to push it. What I don't like is many of the community leaders here are very active in the NXT community and seem to have split loyalties/ interests. I believe we go to get away from the NXT thing as in theory this coin has zero to do with NXT unlike almost 90% of second gen coins which has been born out of NXT. The developer was improving on Bitcoin not NXT. That's key I think. it's also a great pitch in the bigger mass media. The successor to Bitcon etc. People want to hear about that I think.

*please share your idea for a boost in adoption, be interesting to hear it?
Activity: 365
Merit: 251
Unlock your wallet and type "GET wallet/seed" in console to get your seed
Jump to: