Author

Topic: [ANN] Qora | Released 16 May | 100% POS | New Source - page 119. (Read 748232 times)

Activity: 47
Merit: 0
while many here seem to think I'm attacking this coin by pushing for OS I'm actually trying to help it. The reason we should go OS is because I fully trust the quality and integrity of Qora the developer. Once the code comes out I personally believe all competition will be blown out of the water. Qora clearly can implement functions that take teams a long time to do, imagine how simple and brilliant the SC will be.

If we OS Qora, clones are not the biggest threat, it's NXT trying to copy some of it's ideas.  But probably it will be too late for NXT to back peddle.

The community has voted on this matter, let it go already.

Lets delay the open source...even then only open source parts of it with inserted flaws...anyone who wants to build a clone should have the competence to put those different pieces together...
Fully open sourcing the code only benefits the other clone coins...
Activity: 380
Merit: 275
I know English is not the first language of many here but what part of

"It's more likley a good java devloper who started from original nxt 0.4"

Don't people understand? Jean Luc has said it definitely uses ideas from NXT and is likely to be based on early NXT code.

Since you insist on OS for whatever agenda you have (i know, you'll say it's for the community - but the community voted 99% against), let me state I am against OS right now and am fine with Qora's plans.

There is a big difference between stating uses ideas and is a clone. Nxt used ideas that were present in  Bitcoin, Peercoin, Mastercoin and Ripple, does that make it a clone of all of them? No!

Here's my opionion on JL's comments:
It is also apparent that JL did not actually review the code as he states the code was obfuscated and did not have time to dig further, in fact, (he was not even sure of the obfuscation software that was used) which leads me to believe he viewed the directory strucure and took a shot in the dark.

No biggie, he didn't have time to dig deeper into Qora, so he didn't decompile, he saw it was a java based POS crypto launching around the same time as Nxt and made a simple staement that is leading to assumptions.

I also suggest you read a recent post by notsoshifty https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.8040890
Activity: 380
Merit: 275
while many here seem to think I'm attacking this coin by pushing for OS I'm actually trying to help it. The reason we should go OS is because I fully trust the quality and integrity of Qora the developer. Once the code comes out I personally believe all competition will be blown out of the water. Qora clearly can implement functions that take teams a long time to do, imagine how simple and brilliant the SC will be.

If we OS Qora, clones are not the biggest threat, it's NXT trying to copy some of it's ideas.  But probably it will be too late for NXT to back peddle.

The community has voted on this matter, let it go already.
legendary
Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000
smaragda, dzarmush...

Is it a good time to buy Qora right now?

Give me an honest answer. You're quite direct overall in your responses so I know I can count on no bullshit. Thanks...
Activity: 168
Merit: 100
I have no reasons for not believing Qora that this coin is a new source and I have a lot of reasons for not believing Jl's comment about v0.4.

So I will wait and see... And there are many devs in here that they can confirm or not if it is a new source.

Activity: 574
Merit: 500
...(I read those posts when they spoke up too).

Why don't you also tell us what they had to say AFTER I replied to them???   lol

From memory, I think you put your tail between your legs a bit but still over reacted to some imagined threat and told everyone to 'watchout or else' in a convoluted way with splatterings of bold and font size change. And probably kisses. I assume everyone else rolled there eyes with me without replying, in case they set you off again...

This isn't achieving anything but wasting my time. Till the nxt time you blow up...
You only see what you want to see: in me and in jean-luc's comments. Re-read my posts (repeated again from our last conversation) and stop trying to put words into my mouth. You waste my time.

OK...  have it your way...  from now on whenever you decide to Pick & Choose the time when you're gonna drop in the Qora thread like the known VIRUS you have become be prepared to answer us about your INTENTIONS...  have you honestly convinced yourself that we can't see what you're doing???   Shocked

...I wouldn't be surprised if you and a few others actually have the DELUSION that you're helping Nxt with your tactics...

I read every post in this thread, I even ignore most of the DUF that can't be verified. Ask yourself why would someone do that, instead of throwing a tantrum and projecting your own insecurities. It is tedious and achieves nothing, except to maybe lower your standing. Even the silent Qora holders you assume to speak on behalf of have asked you to stop doing that (I read those posts when they spoke up too).
Activity: 351
Merit: 250
I have no reasons for not believing Qora that this coin is a new source and I have a lot of reasons for not believing Jl's comment about v0.4.

So I will wait and see... And there are many devs in here that they can confirm or not if it is a new source.
Activity: 354
any new features?
Only 2 weeks  Shocked

Qora is by far the best asset of Qora. How long did NXT with loads of developers take, was it 3 months or more?

Open the code lets see the genius of Qora.
Except for you of course  Cheesy

flanklui replied directly to me... you should stop trying to create a feud between us. It is childish.

OK... since the LET IT GO  A L R E A D Y!!! wasn't enough...  let me spell it out for you...  Qora is currently on Version 13...  download it...  have Jean-Luc look at it once again...  and MAKE SURE HE CLARIFIES ANYTHING YOU DO NOT UNDERSTAND...  MOST OF US HERE DO NOT CARE...  is it any clearer now???   Roll Eyes

Have you ever seen anyone in the Qora Community Pick & Choose what they like and/or don't like from Jean-Luc's statement...  NO...  they (almost) always post the WHOLE damn thing...  if there is something that is NOT clear to YOU...  ASK Jean-Luc...  is it any clearer now???   Roll Eyes

...keep it up and we just might have to talk a little bit about INTENTIONS...

You only see what you want to see: in me and in jean-luc's comments. Re-read my posts (repeated again from our last conversation) and stop trying to put words into my mouth. You waste my time.
Activity: 100
Merit: 10
[12:47:51] @Qora: How much time will be needed to complete AE?
[12:49:09] Depending on the other things I need to do I think about 2 weeks.

Then Moon?  Smiley

when the AT release?this week?
As I also said previously, JL's comments can be taken either way depending on which bits you focus on and which you ignore (as is being demonstrated in this thread).

It is YOU everyone is ignoring...   Roll Eyes

Except for you of course  Cheesy

flanklui replied directly to me... you should stop trying to create a feud between us. It is childish.
legendary
Activity: 1036
Only 2 weeks  Shocked
legendary
Activity: 1428
[12:47:51] @Qora: How much time will be needed to complete AE?
[12:49:09] Depending on the other things I need to do I think about 2 weeks.

Then Moon?  Smiley
@flanklui
Re-read my posts, I was never arguing for open source. I was only interested in the claim Qora made about "people have already provided proof...". I hadn't seen any,  I was interested in the *proof that allegedly existed today*, not about open sourcing at some point in the future. Open source when you like.

As I also said previously, JL's comments can be taken either way depending on which bits you focus on and which you ignore (as is being demonstrated in this thread).
Activity: 502
https://twitter.com/Qora_news
development and community news

Where are the proofs Qora refers to, is the source no longer obfuscated when decompiled?

Nobody else interested in these proofs that will end the speculation and debate? Qora himself says they exist.

Yes,our community is too weak,right now open source is dangerous.
Waiting more new features and growing community,dev was sobered.
QORA is a new code,JL has prove it,dont worry about this.
Give dev more time to achieve more successes.

I know English is not the first language of many here but what part of

"It's more likley a good java devloper who started from original nxt 0.4"

Don't people understand? Jean Luc has said it definitely uses ideas from NXT and is likely to be based on early NXT code.

Personally I don't think he's right which is why we need to release the code to stop all this speculation. What people miss is that Qora is either a lier or he is quite likely to be BCNext. The logic is simple, Qora has said he knows nothing about NXT's development but Jean Luc said the code 'definitely' borrows from the original idea of BCNext. So you got two options Qora is lying or he is BCNext. I can't see a third option being possible as you dont by coincidence have similar code and ideas.

He's either BCNext or he is lying and knew NXT code really well?

How is this logical?

Qora repeatly said he knows nothing about NXT? Remember Qora has said Qora is not based on any other coin, a completely new code.

We got to release the full code so we can see the truth. Qora was going to do this anyway. Not releasing has caused FUD. If the code is new then we can see that, if it really does resemble NXT too much we got to start asking ourselves questions. Jean Luc just made things unclear IMO.

It's like we are hiding the genius of Qora! The simple brilliance of the code will massively boost this coin I bet.

Activity: 334

Where are the proofs Qora refers to, is the source no longer obfuscated when decompiled?

Nobody else interested in these proofs that will end the speculation and debate? Qora himself says they exist.

Yes,our community is too weak,right now open source is dangerous.
Waiting more new features and growing community,dev was sobered.
QORA is a new code,JL has prove it,dont worry about this.
Give dev more time to achieve more successes.

legendary
Activity: 1428
more and more people forging. Great to see.
Jump to: