Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] Qora | Released 16 May | 100% POS | New Source - page 12. (Read 748200 times)

Activity: 703
Merit: 500
some still dumping the qora in bter?
now is below 10, I am ready to set buy order.
Activity: 238
Merit: 100
Sam Mother Fuckin' Walters
I like Qora community ethnocentric.
legendary
Activity: 1106
Merit: 1000
Oke here is how I see the future.

Initially it was never the goal to become a feature pumping machine.
The initial goal for this project was to try and simplify features, Looking for ways to improve them and see if they could be combined somehow.
We have features now so there is no point in pushing more features until the available ones find a use.

The main development focus will now be to make the client stable and getting more use out of the existing features.
The new wallet will be part of the goal of making Qora and its features more accessable.

To go open source this project needs to get a proper identity first. This means atleast the following things need to be done before we can go open source.

• Rework this topic (update the information, self-moderate it to prevent the spam).
  • Recreate the website (correct information, blog, forum).
  • Better communication through the blog, forum, etc
  • Create better documentation on how to use the client.
  • Setting up a proper issue tracker with guidelines.
  • Fixing the issues people are having.
  • Maybe a new logo.

I am already working on these things so don't expect them to take very long.
Some parts of the source might be hidden first. If this creates a larger interest and community the missing parts will become available immediatly.

After 40 days and almost no movement on many of these issues I think its fair to ask what is going on with OS?

I don't have a problem but some on the list haven't even been touched and could be done in hours or a few days.

-A new moderated thread? Would take a minute.
- Better communication through the blog? Thats vague as hell.
-Fix issues? I didn't see anyone has any issues with new client and again vague.
-Website? The old one is only a few months old, its not critical.
-A new logo? why? And if its likely to be a community thing why arent we setting up the bounty and having people post their ideas?

I think as a community we need to push Qora a bit for clearer answers. This list seems vague at best and doesn't seem to be moving anywhere fast and aren't actually that important. The list is ironically focused on communicating Qora better.  Roll Eyes
xyz
Activity: 1848
Merit: 772
After reading the last few post this morning, I want to go on the record and state that though I really want/need to know how to use this portion of the API, I also kind of understand why it's not in the documentstion yet-- documentation is always the last part of development and when you are passionate about making software, documentation often gets neglected. Also, there ia the off chance that the API doesn't exist yet.  If that portion of code hasn't been developed, then there is nothing to document.

I am excited about my idea.  I really, REALLY want to try and make my idea work and once I do, I think it could prove the value of the AE.  Regardless, I am a patient man and I can wait.

@Qora.  I only assume you haven't responded because you are busy developing.  Please put it on your priorities list to update the API, at least when the AT API is added to the documentation, also consider writing a few pages on the AE.

@Everyone else.  Guys, let's be cool.  Qora really is investing a lot of time in this project.  I can only assume he's still interested since he's in contact with the AT team.  IMHO, this hiatus has to mean that Qora is working on something for the coin.

Qora is a game of patience.  Eventually we all need a pay off for our time, but considering the no warning, "flash updates", I have no reason to doubt that I'll get my answers.  The question is when.

In the mean time, I'm going to continue developing my service.  If I have to, I'll create a dummy AE within my application that I can easily swap-out for a legit Qora interface once the details are clear.  I was quite excited about this idea and I must confess that I started to write a FbF (Functional but Fugly) application.  I need to take a little more time and write some quality software so it's easier to maintain.

We are very lucky to have you here!!! No coin will success without such people like you!
And yes, we will be patient. Smiley
But I think that @Qora should reply to your questions - it's necessary - too, if he is very busy!!!!

rlh
Activity: 804
Merit: 1004
After reading the last few post this morning, I want to go on the record and state that though I really want/need to know how to use this portion of the API, I also kind of understand why it's not in the documentation yet-- documentation is always the last part of development and when you are passionate about making software, documentation often gets neglected. Also, there is the off-chance that the API doesn't exist yet.  If that portion of code hasn't been developed, then there is nothing to document.

I am excited about my idea.  I really, REALLY want to try and make my idea work and once I do, I think it could prove the value of the AE.  Regardless, I am a patient man and I can wait.

@Qora.  I only assume you haven't responded because you are busy developing.  Please put it on your priorities list to update the API docs. At least when the AT API is added to the documentation, also consider writing a few pages on the AE.

@Everyone else.  Guys, let's be cool.  Qora really is investing a lot of time in this project.  I can only assume he's still interested since he's in contact with the AT team.  IMHO, this hiatus has to mean that Qora is working on something for the coin.

Qora is a game of patience.  Eventually we all need a pay off for our time, but considering the no-warning, "flash updates", I have no reason to doubt that I'll get my answers.  The question is when.

In the mean time, I'm going to continue developing my service.  If I have to, I'll create a dummy AE within my application that I can easily swap-out for a legit Qora interface once the details are clear.  I was quite excited about this idea and I must confess that I started to write a FbF (Functional but Fugly) application.  I need to take a little more time and write some quality software so it's easier to maintain.
Activity: 351
Merit: 250
I guess qora is very busy with AT, thats why he hasnt yet responded.to rlh

Well...  we're still on Qora API V13 & whoever is responsible for the twitter campaign is still tweeting a link to V10 (even though I alerted them TWICE)...  I'll be quiet now...   Lips sealed

I think Twitter needs to be taken over by a few users who can handle it.
Right now it seems that all the tweets are scheduled months ago and they keep repeating the same without improving the content with the latest releases - news.I have asked to have some tweets regarding the AT integration to Qora but I have not seen any.
legendary
Activity: 1708
Reality is stranger than fiction
I guess qora is very busy with AT, thats why he hasnt yet responded.to rlh
legendary
Activity: 1106
It would be good to get a progress report though. Vrontis?

There is a private repository dedicated for the integration of AT into Qora's testnet.
Qora and the AT team are integrating AT into this testnet guided by the AT API.Seems that the basic concerns about the AT API has been discussed and solved and we are in the stage where the implementation of API functions is taking place into the core.
Also, the atomic cross chain transaction use case will be the first use case that Qora is going to have.

Amazing!
legendary
Activity: 1036
Vrontis with the little master Qora pedal to the moon

Activity: 351
Merit: 250
It would be good to get a progress report though. Vrontis?

There is a private repository dedicated for the integration of AT into Qora's testnet.
Qora and the AT team are integrating AT into this testnet guided by the AT API.Seems that the basic concerns about the AT API has been discussed and solved and we are in the stage where the implementation of API functions is taking place into the core.
Also, the atomic cross chain transaction use case will be the first use case that Qora is going to have.
Activity: 715
I know this will make it seem as if I'm instigating a pump but dangit, if I could get help with instructions on how to manage the AE by the API, then I could have some good news.  Qora really does have some unique features that makes it the only coin that can offer certain asset based services.

I can't take my idea else where, even if I wanted to, because qora is the only coin that has these features.

Yes, I am being intentionally cryptic but that's because I hate pre-anns but, in this case, I can't make this service without help.  I mean, I could dig into decompiled, obfuscated java code but, come on... do I have too?

Qora, where are you?  Help rlh out if you have any damn interest in keeping your coin afloat.
rlh
I know this will make it seem as if I'm instigating a pump but dangit, if I could get help with instructions on how to manage the AE by the API, then I could have some good news.  Qora really does have some unique features that makes it the only coin that can offer certain asset based services.

I can't take my idea else where, even if I wanted to, because qora is the only coin that has these features.

Yes, I am being intentionally cryptic but that's because I hate pre-anns but, in this case, I can't make this service without help.  I mean, I could dig into decompiled, obfuscated java code but, come on... do I have too?
legendary
Activity: 1708
Reality is stranger than fiction
the qora orderbook gets thinner on the bid side. any news or is it just because there are no news? Smiley

With so many options for investing, would you buy a closed source coin?

The same and same over and over again.. it will not be forever closed source...

Whoever sells does not have the patience to wait or needs intant money
the qora orderbook gets thinner on the bid side. any news or is it just because there are no news? Smiley

With so many options for investing, would you buy a closed source coin?
Activity: 905
Merit: 1001
legendary
Activity: 1232
Merit: 1001
mining is so 2012-2013
Well... If the a AT programmers have a choice to stay around and debug Qora just because they own a few thousand USD in Qora, but they get offered tens of thousands of dollars to go onto a coins with much bigger buy and sell walls, it would be in their interest to leave then.

AT is a huge, and I mean HUGE, breakthrough in crypto. Just think his many millions of dollars Ethereum got as vaporware. There is a lot of potential money here.

And yes, that means a lot of potential for Qora too. But to do so and get the funds coming in Qora will have to meet the expectations of the community. That means open source, regular updates and discussion with devs, clear plan for the future....

If Qora doesn't want these things. It doesn't have to do them. But then again the community can also choose to ignore this great development happening here.
rlh
Hey guys, is there an updated API doc that references putting AE buy/sells and order cancellations?

I have an idea.
legendary
Activity: 1428
I agree rlh. I believe CYIAM devs would want Qora to succeed as much as anyone if it is the first coin to compliment AT.

rlh

Thiugh the source is closed to the public, the dev team has increased by another two or three.  CIYAM's developers have received the source and are intigrating atomic transactions.  Assuming that goes well, and they enjoy working with Qora, I'd assume they would continue to develop for the currency.

Also, I've mentioned a willingness to help develop the coin, which Qora responded to and basically said he's aware of the need, he's just not done doing his initial development.

Negatron, once Qora AT is finished, the AT team will move on to the next coin.  This is actually a good thing for Qora as it will enable CCT with other coins that have integrated AT.

To be clear, the point is that the individuals will know the codebase.  Yes, they can move on to other AT related projects but if they want to support AT within QORA, it would behove them, for the sake of their investment, to support the coin.  Since, logically, these are the only secondary devs with access to the coin, they can/should certainly help with debugging/testing and possibly integrating small changes because the success of Qora is vital to the success of AT on top of Qora.

There is a co-dependant relationship here, and I hope CIYAM can see that.  I'm not saying these guys need to be on par with Qora but am also saying that it would be smart on their own behalf to provide some additional dev support because this to can/will directly affect the value of Qora. (Which they hold 2.5% of.)

Thiugh the source is closed to the public, the dev team has increased by another two or three.  CIYAM's developers have received the source and are intigrating atomic transactions.  Assuming that goes well, and they enjoy working with Qora, I'd assume they would continue to develop for the currency.

Also, I've mentioned a willingness to help develop the coin, which Qora responded to and basically said he's aware of the need, he's just not done doing his initial development.

Negatron, once Qora AT is finished, the AT team will move on to the next coin.  This is actually a good thing for Qora as it will enable CCT with other coins that have integrated AT.
Pages:
Jump to: