Author

Topic: [ANN] Qora | Released 16 May | 100% POS | New Source - page 270. (Read 748233 times)

Activity: 617
Merit: 528
so you had 10 addresses, of which 2 had balance.

now you have 10 addresses, only 1 has balance, and the one that had balance disappeared from your client and the blockchain?

could it be that you had more than 10 addresses and you forgot to tell Qora to recover more than 10 addresses?

other than that the only thing i could think of is that you were on a fork, and so was sharex.

Yes, I had 10 addresses, 2 of them had balance - in v7. When I updated from v6 to v7 I used the same seed, same password, choose 10 addresses and it showed correct amounts on 2 addresses (same as in v6)

from v7 to v8, same seed, same password, 10 adresses to retrieve, only 1 show balance, and one address (with the bigger amount isn't even on block explorer)

So just like that coins gone, because forking?

No coins are gone, the transaction never happened on the 'real' blockchain. So wait (and hope) for Sharexcoin to come back online to see whats up.
Anyone know the main address for sharexcoin? Can we check to see if the funds have been moved?
http://coinia.net/qora/blockexplorer.php?q=QXx7SnaEPvEczS8rX7HZKH3pY4vXG8ATxK

For some weird reason someone just recently sent 50M Qora from poloniex to sharexcoin  Huh

How do you know the above address belongs to sharex?
Activity: 656
Merit: 500
Anyone know the main address for sharexcoin? Can we check to see if the funds have been moved?
http://coinia.net/qora/blockexplorer.php?q=QXx7SnaEPvEczS8rX7HZKH3pY4vXG8ATxK

For some weird reason someone just recently sent 50M Qora from poloniex to sharexcoin  Huh
legendary
Activity: 1428
Merit: 1000
legendary
Activity: 1120

now you have 10 addresses, only 1 has balance, and the one that had balance disappeared from your client and the blockchain?

could it be that you had more than 10 addresses and you forgot to tell Qora to recover more than 10 addresses?

other than that the only thing i could think of is that you were on a fork, and so was sharex.

Yes, I had 10 addresses, 2 of them had balance - in v7. When I updated from v6 to v7 I used the same seed, same password, choose 10 addresses and it showed correct amounts on 2 addresses (same as in v6)

from v7 to v8, same seed, same password, 10 adresses to retrieve, only 1 show balance, and one address (with the bigger amount isn't even on block explorer)

So just like that coins gone, because forking?
QORA Why fall so much?
It's all your fault.
Activity: 438
Merit: 250
QORA Why fall so much?
legendary
Well this is strange. I started the v7 Qora today to see what's going on and found wallet ain't syncing and that you have to get the new v8.

Alright, I downloaded v8 and synced - but the new wallet doesn't show all the balances I had in v7. Yes I used the correct seed and the correct password to retrieve it, but now in v8 I can only see the balance in one of the addresses (instead of one more that I had in v7 - the one I used to whitdraw funds from Sharexcoin too). And - I just checked Block Explorer - this address isn't even found But in v7 this address is showing the proper amount from the Sharexcoin whitdraw. It shows Balance and Confirmed Balance. But not found on Block Explorer. Huh, what now?

v7 - 2 addresses with x coins, one from Sharexcoin and one from the giveaway both show the correct amount
v8 - only 1 address with an amount (the giveaway address)

Make sure you start the wallet fresh, without data and wallet folders(but backup them) and then recover from the seed.

I used a completely new folder for the v8. But isn't it strange that one address isn't even shown on the block explorer? It should be and I believe it was the last time I checked.
If the debug window shows block ~4959 and you are on the right chain then these transactions probably are gone forever. What  sucks the most is that Sharexcoin may be gone  Sad

I don't get it. How can they be gone when I had coins on that address in the v7? That was a few days ago when I last opened it, even now it show balance in the v7.

Well this is strange. I started the v7 Qora today to see what's going on and found wallet ain't syncing and that you have to get the new v8.

Alright, I downloaded v8 and synced - but the new wallet doesn't show all the balances I had in v7. Yes I used the correct seed and the correct password to retrieve it, but now in v8 I can only see the balance in one of the addresses (instead of one more that I had in v7 - the one I used to whitdraw funds from Sharexcoin too). And - I just checked Block Explorer - this address isn't even found But in v7 this address is showing the proper amount from the Sharexcoin whitdraw. It shows Balance and Confirmed Balance. But not found on Block Explorer. Huh, what now?

v7 - 2 addresses with x coins, one from Sharexcoin and one from the giveaway both show the correct amount

Make sure you start the wallet fresh, without data and wallet folders(but backup them) and then recover from the seed.

I used a completely new folder for the v8. But isn't it strange that one address isn't even shown on the block explorer? It should be and I believe it was the last time I checked.
If the debug window shows block ~4959 and you are on the right chain then these transactions probably are gone forever. What  sucks the most is that Sharexcoin may be gone  Sad
legendary

legendary

Activity: 57
Merit: 0
Who knows what's the matter with sharexcoin?   Huh
Activity: 121
Merit: 100
Same here Tristan on to me ticket. Only been a day tho.
Activity: 561
i see agent working on this ticket Tristan DAgosta

OK...  it might not seem this way now but your ticket is one step closer to resolution...  don't expect too much back and forth communication with Tristan...  most likely he will come back with a reply when he has already solved the issue.

ok
legendary
Activity: 1736
Merit: 1001
I have a question on the Qora wallet.

When you go to spend/send coins there is a drop down to chose a from address. What if you want to spend more coins than you have in any single address. It bitcoin the wallet will just spend the oldest inputs is any address and find the best ones to match your spend.

Does Qora do this too? Or, will you have to make multiple spends if you don't have enough coins in any single address?

thanks.
I still have over 7 mil stuck on polonex ,i ve made 2 transactions already from polonex which dissapiered and they dont want to repay me

Did you manage to get Tristan assigned to your ticket yet?  There should be a name on the right of the ticket page.

i see agent working on my ticket Tristan DAgosta
I still have over 7 mil stuck on polonex ,i ve made 2 transactions already from polonex which dissapiered and they dont want to repay me
The Qora wallet is not broken. Its just not completely stable. For you and me this is not too much of a problem (we can resync or recover from seed), but don't forget that Poloniex has about 80 other coins listed that each have their own client problems so I can imagine Busoni doesn't have the time to look at the Qora block explorer 24-7 sipping kool-aid and smoking a big cigar. The fact that Sharexcoin bought their webhosting at Walmart also doesn't help.

So if your deposit or withdrawal is stuck. Chill out and open a ticket. They will get back to you as soon as they can and fix it.

Meanwhile: go buy some Qora on Poloniex so the trading volume makes sure its worth Busoni's while.

People if you dont want to lose your coins dont buy it from poloniex ,i  opened ticket a week ago when i didnt get my coins credited to my qora acc nothing is solved and it looks that they are looking for every oportunity to steal my coins
Jump to: