Author

Topic: [ANN] Qora | Released 16 May | 100% POS | New Source - page 351. (Read 748233 times)

Activity: 644
Merit: 251
People who are eager for exchanges are really idiots. The current version is still unstable!
Activity: 616
Merit: 500
Forging needs to be spread around more, it seems that forging favors those with more Qora which isn't good.

Isn't that the whole point of Proof of Stake?

Maybe it's time to think outside of the box, spread it around more so more people can feel involved, it would give them some incentive to promote and use Qora. Right now Qora looks a lot like NXT, a very few have most of the coins and keep getting more. I know this idea won't go over well because it will hurt the status quo but good luck in trying to grow Qora.
legendary
Activity: 1428
Merit: 1000
Anyone syncing? Do we have official peer list?
Activity: 478
Merit: 250
ImI
legendary
Activity: 1946
Merit: 1019

is there an exchange for Qora??
legendary
Activity: 1148
So whats the deal about promoting Qora? Do we have a marketing team? Do we have FB, twitter and all that stuf?

I would like to be part of the marketing team, if possible.
Activity: 910
@qora, I think we should add the first post links to blockexplorer and exchange.

legendary
Activity: 1736
Merit: 1001
Forging needs to be spread around more, it seems that forging favors those with more Qora which isn't good.

Isn't that the whole point of Proof of Stake?
Activity: 616
Merit: 500
legendary
Activity: 1680
CEO Bitpanda.com

What about leasing forging power. So you can lease it to an account without qora in it

Possible but very risky when we have almost no nodes at the moment. This is only possible once there are many nodes and the currency has been more divided between users.
Using something like that this early would be a big security risk for the network.

What about limiting the absolute forging power per node? How do you propose we increase the nodes?

I am running two but they at least stop working once a day
Activity: 231
Merit: 100

What about leasing forging power. So you can lease it to an account without qora in it

Possible but very risky when we have almost no nodes at the moment. This is only possible once there are many nodes and the currency has been more divided between users.
Using something like that this early would be a big security risk for the network.
legendary
CEO Bitpanda.com
PS: Any ETA when we can forge without having the client totally open for attackers?

When someone has access to your computer and you are generating blocks he can get the seeds. There is no workaround for that.
If you are generating blocks your seed needs to be available in your memory.
If you are scared that people will access your API even though only your pc can access it you can always disable it using -disablerpc.
What I can do is give you the option to disable these API calls.

PS: Any ETA when we can forge without having the client totally open for attackers?

When someone has access to your computer and you are generating blocks he can get the seeds. There is no workaround for that.
If you are generating blocks your seed needs to be available in your memory.
If you are scared that people will access your API even though only your pc can access it you can always disable it using -disablerpc.
What I can do is give you the option to disable these API calls.
I'm not a tech guy but is there a way we could do a bounty for people who run a node? Or maybe just take the funds from the bounty pool and do a bunch of nodes ourselves?

yes, but the problem is, that these nodes are very unstable. So the guy maintaining it must check everything regularly.

Any volunteers? Smiley
legendary
CEO Bitpanda.com
I'm not a tech guy but is there a way we could do a bounty for people who run a node? Or maybe just take the funds from the bounty pool and do a bunch of nodes ourselves?

yes, but the problem is, that these nodes are very unstable. So the guy maintaining it must check everything regularly.
legendary
CEO Bitpanda.com
legendary
CEO Bitpanda.com
Biggest issues right now are database corruption and better handling of connections.
To everyone who is running public nodes If you want me to add your node to the next release please pm me.
This would really help the network.

sharexcoin isn't crediting deposits again. Their deamon seems to be out of sync again... Sad

I hope they are processing payments manually.

No, its automatic. 3 confirmations when their client runs. It is risky in my opinion.
Biggest issues right now are database corruption and better handling of connections.
To everyone who is running public nodes If you want me to add your node to the next release please pm me.
This would really help the network.

sharexcoin isn't crediting deposits again. Their deamon seems to be out of sync again... Sad

I hope they are processing payments manually.
legendary
CEO Bitpanda.com
Jump to: