Author

Topic: [ANN] Qora | Released 16 May | 100% POS | New Source - page 353. (Read 748233 times)

legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1000
Maybe Wesly from NXT can build a good user friendly Client for Qora... What do you guys think?

I think the client setup is to complicated for people without many computer knowledge..
Activity: 913
Merit: 664
So i just started my client again and it closes in a flash, im unable to read the error too

Start the bat file via commandline, so that we can see and investigate the error.

So this looks like a general bug. Have you tried starting from scratch? Unzip qora again to a new folder, restore your wallet (hope you remember your seed) and redownload the blockchain that way.
legendary
Activity: 952
Stagnation is Death
qora already has 2 advantages over nxt:
1) alias trading
2) 70x cheaper to transfer. i always argued that nxt needed to lower its fee but nobody paid attention to me

So i just started my client again and it closes in a flash, im unable to read the error too
Edit ur run.bat to this:

"%PROGRAMFILES(X86)%\Java\jre7\bin\java.exe" -Xmx256m -Djava.library.path=libs/native -jar Qora.jar

Doesnt work
legendary
Stagnation is Death

Start the bat file via commandline, so that we can see and investigate the error.

Activity: 913
Merit: 664

legendary
Activity: 1344
Hi guys I'm back  Smiley
I see Qora is on exchange - cool. But it's still just a begining. The most intersting things are in the future  Roll Eyes

legendary
Stagnation is Death
legendary
Activity: 1680
Merit: 1001
CEO Bitpanda.com
My data is fully sync'd and I could upload it. I'm just worried it might carry personal information such as seed, transaction history, computer info etc or anything like that. Can anyone confirm it won't have any traces of personal info and just bulk blockchain?

Just don't upload it. A centralised download is always dangerous!
Activity: 70
Merit: 10
Looks like some of the Qora's peers caused the client to stop syncing. We still can't get the wallet to sync. Is there any solution for this issue yet?

Deleting the data folder is a quick fix usually (chain re-download)...  but sometimes deleting the wallet folder is also necessary (hope you saved the seed)...  these are the latest peers I have in settings...

knownpeers 146.185.141.232;162.243.170.76;64.50.167.201;42.159.153.145;23.92.80.107;193.242.149.63;128.69.204.172
Problem is it stuck while it is re-downloading.
Anyway, I finally get the client to sync. Deposits and Withdrawals should be processed normally now.
I had to create some checkpoints by backing up the data and wallet folders multiple times.

I think you should be careful,version is not stable,so there are some risk now
As I said before, the client is not stable but the blockchain is indeed stable. That's why we built a wrapper around Qora client. All addresses and wallet's seeds are stored seperately from the client so there is no risk of losing any Qora due to client's issues.
legendary
Activity: 882

Yes...  sometimes it takes longer to re-download which makes it seem to be stuck...  but don't forget that we usually do this (hopefully not for long) right after a crash...  so connections to peers should be expected to take longer under such conditions.

I think I need this :

I think qora need to update a offline data block,we can down the data,We do not need to synchronize from the first block.
yes, we really need the offline data block. Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1708
Reality is stranger than fiction
Qora still cheap!!! But for how long?   Cool Cool

You don't have to thank me for being partly responsible (buyer takes half the credit) for Qora's All-Time High!!!   Cheesy

Bought 0.06606619 QORA at price: 0.00000499 BTC from your order #19285 received 0.00000032 (-0.1%) BTC

lol - you set the record!! But for how long?  Cool Cool
Activity: 156
Merit: 100

Yes...  sometimes it takes longer to re-download which makes it seem to be stuck...  but don't forget that we usually do this (hopefully not for long) right after a crash...  so connections to peers should be expected to take longer under such conditions.

I think I need this :

I think qora need to update a offline data block,we can down the data,We do not need to synchronize from the first block.
Activity: 156
Looks like some of the Qora's peers caused the client to stop syncing. We still can't get the wallet to sync. Is there any solution for this issue yet?

Deleting the data folder is a quick fix usually (chain re-download)...  but sometimes deleting the wallet folder is also necessary (hope you saved the seed)...  these are the latest peers I have in settings...

knownpeers 146.185.141.232;162.243.170.76;64.50.167.201;42.159.153.145;23.92.80.107;193.242.149.63;128.69.204.172
Anyway, I finally get the client to sync. Deposits and Withdrawals should be processed normally now.
I had to create some checkpoints by backing up the data and wallet folders multiple times.

I think you should be careful,version is not stable,so there are some risk now
legendary
Activity: 1708
Reality is stranger than fiction
Qora still cheap!!! But for how long?   Cool Cool

NXT thread was much worse in the start imho

Deleting the data folder is a quick fix usually (chain re-download)...  but sometimes deleting the wallet folder is also necessary (hope you saved the seed)...  these are the latest peers I have in settings...

Activity: 196
If the talk in this thread continues to move around the price only, this will go down sooner or later.

Well...  that's what happens when a crypto first hits an exchange...  remember Nxt & Bter?   Wink

Absolutely.
I've got into the whole thing with the advent of NXT.
Got a good bunch at the off exchange trade. First big haul. Got upwards from there and never back.

And yes, was quiet a party back then Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 1680
CEO Bitpanda.com
If the talk in this thread continues to move around the price only, this will go down sooner or later.

NXT had mostly technical discussions from some very talented people. Marketing came later on.

All I see here are exchanges and price... not much to distinguish this one from the myriads of other coins out there.

Edit:
Excuse me,
There are talks about not synching wallet.
Con: Wallet doesn't work flawless
Pro: Quick help on the questions

I don't know if you were in the NXT thread after it launched. It was a complete mess. The whole community was there and everyone was on forks all the time. Complete desaster. Not very technical Wink

But yeah it is not the same yet. Much is still to come!
Activity: 196

NXT had mostly technical discussions from some very talented people. Marketing came later on.

All I see here are exchanges and price... not much to distinguish this one from the myriads of other coins out there.

Edit:
Excuse me,
There are talks about not synching wallet.
Con: Wallet doesn't work flawless
Pro: Quick help on the questions
Activity: 585
Merit: 500

shutdown client, delete data folder and start up again. will resync all blocks.
Jump to: