Author

Topic: [ANN] Qora | Released 16 May | 100% POS | New Source - page 352. (Read 748233 times)

legendary
Activity: 1806
Merit: 1001
Qora is a second generation cryptocurrency built from scratch. It has new POS algorythm, user friendly wallet, fast confirmations and many other advantages. You can see what happenned within a week after the release. It'll be at least in top ten few months later. Probably in top 5.
Qora is a second generation cryptocurrency built from scratch this fact is't a true reason. It has new POS algorythm this also not a reason, user friendly wallet it is lie, fast confirmations it is lie and many other advantages What advantages? .
You can see what happened within a week after the release. It'll be at least in top ten few months later. Probably in top 5.It is big lie Wink

I'm not discussing anything with sockpuppets made for FUD. Sorry.
legendary
Activity: 1680
CEO Bitpanda.com
Qora is a second generation cryptocurrency built from scratch. It has new POS algorythm, user friendly wallet, fast confirmations and many other advantages. You can see what happenned within a week after the release. It'll be at least in top ten few months later. Probably in top 5.
Qora is a second generation cryptocurrency built from scratch this fact is't a true reason. It has new POS algorythm this also not a reason, user friendly wallet it is lie, fast confirmations it is lie and many other advantages What advantages? .
You can see what happened within a week after the release. It'll be at least in top ten few months later. Probably in top 5.It is big lie Wink

Nice try to make the price fall.
True attempt to pay attention to quality of code and concept, rather than the price Cheesy

That is the innovation of the coin. Argue with facts please:

The list of innovations of this coin is long. The main difference compared to bitcoin lies in its algorithm. Qora uses a new Proof-of-Stake algorithm, that not only allows varying blocktime to decrease the blocksize in times of little network activity, but also tells everyone when exactly they will forge their next block. The stake maturity is 10 confirmations, which equates to about 30 minutes after receiving the transfer. The difficulty of the stake-generation is retargeted every 10 blocks.

The cryptographic signature scheme used in this coin is Daniel Bernsteins Ed25519. It was optimized for 64bit processors, allowing fast key generation and signature verification.

The wallet that qora was launched with is very simplistic and there is much room for GUI improvements. Several bugs on the client-side are known (nothing dangerous), but the developer is very active and will fix those problems soon.

Qora uses a “brainwallet”-type seed wallet. The initially created seed is a Base58 encoded 256bit random key. It looks like this: “G8UZ37Qxkhfg1xK64bPEwPzsimz9HbVPtWTVte8kroda”. From this seed unlimited addresses can be generated and always be recovered. The wallet is always password protected, this is enforced client-side.

One of the first truly second generation features of Qora is its naming service. For the min-fee of one qora everyone can register a unique name that is tied to his account. You can use this name to send money, store key value in the blockchain and identify yourself. These unique names can also be traded on the decentralized name exchange build into the client.

The planned features, that are not yet implemented include Colored Coins (asset exchange), Arbitrary Transactions (store/send data) and Transaction Boosting (similar to transparent forging of NXT).
Activity: 418
Merit: 250

True attempt to pay attention to quality of code and concept, rather than the price Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 1708
Merit: 1000
Reality is stranger than fiction

legendary
Maybe Wesly from NXT can build a good user friendly Client for Qora... What do you guys think?

I think the client setup is to complicated for people without many computer knowledge..

Do you really think his client for NXT is user friendly?

I think its a cluttered mess, possibly not his fault as he had to put what others wanted in the wallet but still.

Qora could be a bit more easy to run without people having to click run bat, but otherwise it seems pretty easy to me and I'm no techie. All that stuff is secondary and cosmetic compared to getting the functions of the wallet sorted. There are plans from Qora for a webwallet later I think...

I think people prefer to have their wallet on their computer honestly, I think psychologically they feel its safer and they have control of it.

In compare with nxt web client - qora wallet is ugly  Wink It is fact. No matter what technologies been used to build it, web or standalone.

I think you are mixing up user friendly and attractive. The client is very user friendly and later they will put some effort into the look, thats been Qora plan from he start. We are still in early development. And anyway if you want a great designed wallet then why not use Ripple? A coin is more than how 'pretty' it looks. The bitcoin clients are usually pretty basic but are great to use.

Hmmm... still at early development. What are you doing at exchange, than? With blockchain stack every 10 minutes, witn 'alphabetical babilon' in naming services, with ugly design. Why are you cost 50st?

What Bitcoin is doing on exchanges with 'ugly' design? Most people have no problems with the client. Mine works just fine, from 1st version till the last one.

It is easy - it is bitcoin, but who is Qora?

Maybe Wesly from NXT can build a good user friendly Client for Qora... What do you guys think?

I think the client setup is to complicated for people without many computer knowledge..

I think its a cluttered mess, possibly not his fault as he had to put what others wanted in the wallet but still.

Qora could be a bit more easy to run without people having to click run bat, but otherwise it seems pretty easy to me and I'm no techie. All that stuff is secondary and cosmetic compared to getting the functions of the wallet sorted. There are plans from Qora for a webwallet later I think...

I think people prefer to have their wallet on their computer honestly, I think psychologically they feel its safer and they have control of it.

In compare with nxt web client - qora wallet is ugly  Wink It is fact. No matter what technologies been used to build it, web or standalone.

I think you are mixing up user friendly and attractive. The client is very user friendly and later they will put some effort into the look, thats been Qora plan from he start. We are still in early development. And anyway if you want a great designed wallet then why not use Ripple? A coin is more than how 'pretty' it looks. The bitcoin clients are usually pretty basic but are great to use.

Hmmm... still at early development. What are you doing at exchange, than? With blockchain stack every 10 minutes, witn 'alphabetical babilon' in naming services, with ugly design. Why are you cost 50st?

What Bitcoin is doing on exchanges with 'ugly' design? Most people have no problems with the client. Mine works just fine, from 1st version till the last one.

It is easy - it is bitcoin, but who is Qora?
legendary
Why? I can't mind it. Why? What's wrong with alternative clients
It's confusing. Even Bitcoin doesn't have as many clients as Nxt.
legendary

We want to avoid what happenned to Nxt when there are lots of different clients. It's confusing.

Why? I can't mind it. Why? What's wrong with alternative clients

legendary

Well one easy possibility would be to release a qora zip that includes a portable java runtime (the bat should of course point there). This would make the *.zip a little bigger, but the default problem for people without java would be solved.....

Yes and a webclient would also be nice. I think NXT made a mistake not do build a user friendly client and a webclient from the beginning. So we should learn from the mistakes from NXT and prevent them. Dzharmush, you have the Qora for the bountys right? Should I contact Wesley for a webclient?

Qora dev wants to finish his work on the desltop client first. Then he will start working on a mobile and web clients. We'll probably need someone to work on so there will be bounties.

Of course anybody can make his own client but there will be only 1 'official' version. We want to avoid what happenned to Nxt when there are lots of different clients. It's confusing.
legendary
Activity: 1106

legendary
Activity: 1736

I think the NXT Wallet is the nicest one I have. It was simple one click installer, and the main page when you log in shows you your balance right at the top, easy to see. It also has a block chain explorer build right in. Very very very nice wallet NXT has.

So, yes, I think it is very user friendly.

legendary
Activity: 1106

Well one easy possibility would be to release a qora zip that includes a portable java runtime (the bat should of course point there). This would make the *.zip a little bigger, but the default problem for people without java would be solved.....

Yes and a webclient would also be nice. I think NXT made a mistake not do build a user friendly client and a webclient from the beginning. So we should learn from the mistakes from NXT and prevent them. Dzharmush, you have the Qora for the bountys right? Should I contact Wesley for a webclient?
Ripple haves the desktop client. And what?
Fallen down now.
I know that the reason is in other side, but......
legendary
Activity: 1344

IMO it's too early. Qora is 1 week old.
legendary
Activity: 1148

Activity: 913
Merit: 664

Jump to: