Author

Topic: [ANN] Qora | Released 16 May | 100% POS | New Source - page 368. (Read 748233 times)

legendary
Activity: 1708
Merit: 1000
Reality is stranger than fiction
We could talk about what we need and setting up bounties.

Reddit
Twitter
FB
G+

Anything else I am missing?

Website design - with graphics, elegant, fast, beautiful - we want every visitor to be impressed.
Reddit design - graphics, font, the reddit icon should perform a move of some sort when mouse-over (eg blink, hug a qora coin, etc)
Activity: 478
Merit: 250
Our own website
Devs to help Qora(if he wants)
GUI Dev
legendary
Activity: 882
Merit: 1002
I also suggest we let qora concentrate on the code.
qora when you check-up on BTT every now and then it will be great if you can update about the development and vision on the important core aspects.
Activity: 168
Merit: 100

Reddit
Twitter
FB
G+

Anything else I am missing?
Alright then, no legal stuff until it's necessary.

Roger.

Now about that Reddit thread! Who is inline to make one? That should've been done when the doors opened up for this coin.
legendary
Activity: 1806
Merit: 1001
Alright then, no legal stuff until it's necessary.
If Qora is successful then we can re-visit this issue in 6 months if the community wants to. I think we should be concentrating on development now and not fighting.
exactly. Let's start with concentrating on development and marketing - website development, payment processor, twitter, reddit etc
You can become 'legal' when you have the need for it.
I agree - it's in the spirit of our master sensei

He is the man with the key Smiley
legendary
If Qora is successful then we can re-visit this issue in 6 months if the community wants to. I think we should be concentrating on development now and not fighting.
exactly. Let's start with concentrating on development and marketing - website development, payment processor, twitter, reddit etc
You can become 'legal' when you have the need for it.
I agree - it's in the spirit of our master sensei

No doubt. I hate fighting.. It get's no where. Just read the Blackcoin thread..It went from good to shit in a split second!
Activity: 70
Merit: 10
link: http://www.lextechnologiae.com/2011/07/15/bitcoins-trademarks-and-a-roadmap-for-the-bitcoin-community/ -if anyone is interested to read.

"CONCLUSION
The Bitcoin community has a number of ways to challenge questionable attempts to trademark the term ‘bitcoin.’ There is a strong argument that the term itself cannot be registered as a trademark; in the alternative, there is a very strong argument that the only ones capable of registering the mark is the Bitcoin community. Therefore, financial services companies—like the one which attempted to register the mark—shouldn’t be able to do register a ‘bitcoin’ mark. Finally, the Bitcoin community always has the option to register the mark itself, but this seems to be counter to the regulatory hands-off approach the community appears to possess. On top of that, such a registration may more readily expose Bitcoin to regulatory oversight by the likes of the SEC or other government agencies."

That is old news from July 15th, 2011.  Smiley At the moment, the Bitcoin trademark has already been successfully registered in a number of countries. Feel free to google it yourself.  Smiley

But like I said, whatever the community decides, I'll go along with it. Do I have any other choice?  Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1708
Reality is stranger than fiction

legendary
link: http://www.lextechnologiae.com/2011/07/15/bitcoins-trademarks-and-a-roadmap-for-the-bitcoin-community/ -if anyone is interested in reading.

"CONCLUSION
The Bitcoin community has a number of ways to challenge questionable attempts to trademark the term ‘bitcoin.’ There is a strong argument that the term itself cannot be registered as a trademark; in the alternative, there is a very strong argument that the only ones capable of registering the mark is the Bitcoin community. Therefore, financial services companies—like the one which attempted to register the mark—shouldn’t be able to do register a ‘bitcoin’ mark. Finally, the Bitcoin community always has the option to register the mark itself, but this seems to be counter to the regulatory hands-off approach the community appears to possess. On top of that, such a registration may more readily expose Bitcoin to regulatory oversight by the likes of the SEC or other government agencies."

ReRunRod,

I'd like to have a word with you in private please.. Sending PM to you now...

You two are acting like a sockpuppet tag team to me.

Well..shit.

Anyone else have any ideas for this coin!?

I'm just here to help the community. I can be doing other things..But, I like being on here.

Do you have any ideas brainy? Spit them out then. Instead of acting like a tool with no nut.

I bounce from Share,Qora and Sync. If you need to talk to me.
legendary
Activity: 1106
ReRunRod,

You two are acting like a sockpuppet tag team to me.

ReRunRod,

10-4
ReRunRod,

Boy, someone is lost.

Bitcoin is a trademarked Logo. Did you get that part?
The protocol code is open for anyone to use... Github is in charge of that.

Something for you to read on Wink

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/does-anyone-own-the-bitcoin-btc-trademark-128254

Reminder: Mt Gox owns the Bitcoin trademark

The PASCAZI Retaliation, fighting opportunists worldwide and why we applied for the Bitcoin trademark.

TOKYO, JAPAN - October 14, 2011 - As the owner of the largest Bitcoin trading platform, Mt.Gox, we at Tibanne K.K feel obliged to step up and oppose opportunists around the world from trademarking the concept and term “Bitcoin”, which would severely limit the ability of those in the Bitcoin community to freely enjoy and use our beloved Crypto-currency.

As some in the community may be aware, back in July Michael Pascazi, a law attorney in upstate New York started to file for ownership of the Bitcoin trademark. This took place not only in the US but in other key countries like France and Japan where trademark laws favour the party who is “first-to-file”, rather than the first actual user of the term.

While Michael Pascazi apparently acquiesced in his attempt to trademark Bitcoin in the U.S. (thanks to a stricter “first-to-use” trademarking system), he has since submitted a claim in France through his wife Celine Mouchon Pascazi, where Pascazi has far stronger legal standing as the first entity to apply.

In reaction, we at Tibanne K.K in Japan have started legal proceedings in the hopes of opposing this filing in France, at a European level as well as in in other countries across the world.

The Pascazis' stated intention is to profit from these trademarks, which would hamper Bitcoin enthusiasts, businesses and the community as a whole on a global basis in the free use and promotion of Bitcoin. Tibanne K.K will oppose this and any other "greed based" trademark application, in order to prevent self-serving attempts to profit from Bitcoin through spurious legal suits, and keep the term “Bitcoin” free for all.

We would like to use this opportunity to formally announce that all trademarks related to the term “Bitcoin” filed for and obtained by Tibanne K.K will be made freely available to anyone to use for whatever purpose whatsoever, whether that be for non-profit or commercial endeavours.

We will keep you apprised on these matters as soon as updates become available.

Regards
Mt.Gox Co. Ltd Team.

Some people just need to learn how to surf the webbbbbbbbbbb. HAHAHAHAH
Boy, someone is lost.

Bitcoin is a trademarked Logo. Did you get that part?
The protocol code is open for anyone to use... Github is in charge of that.

Something for you to read on Wink

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/does-anyone-own-the-bitcoin-btc-trademark-128254

Reminder: Mt Gox owns the Bitcoin trademark

The PASCAZI Retaliation, fighting opportunists worldwide and why we applied for the Bitcoin trademark.

TOKYO, JAPAN - October 14, 2011 - As the owner of the largest Bitcoin trading platform, Mt.Gox, we at Tibanne K.K feel obliged to step up and oppose opportunists around the world from trademarking the concept and term “Bitcoin”, which would severely limit the ability of those in the Bitcoin community to freely enjoy and use our beloved Crypto-currency.

As some in the community may be aware, back in July Michael Pascazi, a law attorney in upstate New York started to file for ownership of the Bitcoin trademark. This took place not only in the US but in other key countries like France and Japan where trademark laws favour the party who is “first-to-file”, rather than the first actual user of the term.

While Michael Pascazi apparently acquiesced in his attempt to trademark Bitcoin in the U.S. (thanks to a stricter “first-to-use” trademarking system), he has since submitted a claim in France through his wife Celine Mouchon Pascazi, where Pascazi has far stronger legal standing as the first entity to apply.

In reaction, we at Tibanne K.K in Japan have started legal proceedings in the hopes of opposing this filing in France, at a European level as well as in in other countries across the world.

The Pascazis' stated intention is to profit from these trademarks, which would hamper Bitcoin enthusiasts, businesses and the community as a whole on a global basis in the free use and promotion of Bitcoin. Tibanne K.K will oppose this and any other "greed based" trademark application, in order to prevent self-serving attempts to profit from Bitcoin through spurious legal suits, and keep the term “Bitcoin” free for all.

We would like to use this opportunity to formally announce that all trademarks related to the term “Bitcoin” filed for and obtained by Tibanne K.K will be made freely available to anyone to use for whatever purpose whatsoever, whether that be for non-profit or commercial endeavours.

We will keep you apprised on these matters as soon as updates become available.

Regards
Mt.Gox Co. Ltd Team.
Jump to: