Author

Topic: [ANN] Qora | Released 16 May | 100% POS | New Source - page 371. (Read 748233 times)

Activity: 70
Merit: 10
Hi guys,

I'd appreciate it if you guys can send in your application to ReRunRod to make it official (especially looking at ya, TwinWindNerD & dzarmush).  Also, I notice that some people mentioned they wish to join the committee but simply cant meet the requirements, do you think we should revise it?

1. BitcointalkID
2. Method of Joining (Qualified by Asset or Time Commitment) -- Whether you'd like to join based on amt of qora asset owned or you wish to contribute time (Min. Asset Req. 50 Million Qora)
3. Amount of Qora asset currently owned.
4. Your Primary Qora address where the fund is being held (for verification purpose).
5. Pledge/Donation/Time Commitment -- How much you wish to donate to Qora Marketing Fund (Min. Requirement: 1 Million Qora or 20 hours of work/week)

Qora Address (Send 2 Qora) for verification purpose: Qc4i6c335VrTckKwMrsgzE2ePeRproMmDF

PS: ReRun, where is your name on the list??? Put your name down plz! lol
Activity: 70
Actually, that's what I was thinking too.  I was thinking along the same line.  If we set up a dev fund and contribute to it, we can have someone from outside dev for GUI for instance, but I think dzarmush was against setting up a dev fund. And qora dev will be responsible for core development... So there is no conflict.

What's your thinking on this, dzar? care to share some insight with us?

The main area of focus should be getting a talented person with a good sized bounty to create an awesome web wallet (it's crucial in my mind) and also a decent looking blockchain, nothing amateur, whoever did the NXT blockchain should be scouted and funded.
I guess my point is get the best we can pay for, no amateur hour stuff whatever is decided to be done.

This is critical - Nxt blockchain dev was contacted but unavailable. NHZ crew were also contacted...any word from them? The qora community should spend what it takes via bounties or converted btc/fiat for devs outside crypto to develop the best, most cutting edge of what has been done to date. It will be worth the cost. And this is why the dev fund is so important.

legendary
Activity: 1806
Merit: 1001
legendary
Is anyone selling Quora? If so, who? And what is the going rate?

I believe somewhere in this thread is a link to a place that you can purchase them through escrow.

HERE https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.6086813

It's IPO escrow  Smiley
Activity: 168
Merit: 100

I believe somewhere in this thread is a link to a place that you can purchase them through escrow.

HERE https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.6086813
legendary
Activity: 1736
legendary
The main area of focus should be getting a talented person with a good sized bounty to create an awesome web wallet (it's crucial in my mind) and also a decent looking blockchain, nothing amateur, whoever did the NXT blockchain should be scouted and funded.
I guess my point is get the best we can pay for, no amateur hour stuff whatever is decided to be done.

This is critical - Nxt blockchain dev was contacted but unavailable. NHZ crew were also contacted...any word from them? The qora community should spend what it takes via bounties or converted btc/fiat for devs outside crypto to develop the best, most cutting edge of what has been done to date. It will be worth the cost. And this is why the dev fund is so important.

I've heard from NHZ dev. He's busy also. But Adgan is already working on a block explorer so we're good.
legendary
I don't know if it's in the developer's power or not to prevent qora from being listed on exchanges..

It's not.

...but I think having qora listed on any old exchange with a bunch of crap coins is a mistake. Proceed to disagree.

I don't want Qora added to an exchange just yet. We need a 100% stable release.

If I've read this thread correctly, the shareXcoin dev is a qora seed stakeholder. They can do whatever they wants with the exchange and qora. This can not be stopped. Apologies in advance if I read wrong but if this is the case, s/he has a vested interest in more ways than one..

...I certainly would prefer to see exchanges for qora hold off a bit until a stable client exists and the initial stakeholder community is organized (committees, etc for decision making purposes) but people do what they do. On the flip, distribution is needed and good for growth. Lessons learned from initial nxt stakeholders would be good to glean on for these kinds of moves as a community...you know to improve on what's been done and to not make the same mistakes that nxt made. my2q

With all my respect to TwinWinNerD he's currently buying 100'000'000 qora Smiley Of course he doesn't want any exchanges yet.
Darkcoin is going to take over the Doge spot very soon!
Activity: 585
Merit: 500
Need some help getting the wallet up and running. I downloaded Qora.v5, extracted folder to desktop, now I'm confused... Qora/run files won't open Huh java is updated also.
Cheers.

you may need to tell the .bat file to find java.
If running on windows you can edit the run.bat to read:
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre7\bin\java.exe" -Xmx256m -Djava.library.path=libs/native -jar Qora.jar -disablerpc

(or remove -disablerpc to run commands)

You're a genius! It worked!
Thank you, Breasal. Smiley

Glad to help  Wink

Welcome!
The servers seem to be running fine now (24+ hours).
I am aware of most issues and will try to fix them as soon as possible.

Also having all your Qora in one address does not increase the chance of generating a block.

The top address has 400 million Qora. There are about 800 M qora forging. It forges often 5 blocks in a row. It is forging roughly 50-60% of the blocks.
I have 90 M qora in my address and should get therefore about 12% of all blocks. Still I have only forged 1 block of ~400 that I have those 90 M qora. This is statistically impossible.

+ 1 exactly same thing top address has less than 4x more generating balance than I do however he forges more than 100x I do
I forge nxt just fine

Yeah, not sure how I feel about that. I see blocks with 100 fee forged and wonder where my share of that is, even though I have so many qora Sad

My wallet holds roughly 1% of qora and I've forged 2% of blocks to date...looks about right to me.

qora has a fundamentally new consensus model that is a major advance by itself
- transactions in seconds
- low cost to run network
- having all your Qora in one address does not increase the chance of generating a block
- anything else?

qora when you have time can you explain please a bit more about the New Proof-of-Stake algorithm you created?

This will be interesting  Smiley
Need some help getting the wallet up and running. I downloaded Qora.v5, extracted folder to desktop, now I'm confused... Qora/run files won't open Huh java is updated also.

Cheers.

you may need to tell the .bat file to find java.

If running on windows you can edit the run.bat to read:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre7\bin\java.exe" -Xmx256m -Djava.library.path=libs/native -jar Qora.jar -disablerpc

(or remove -disablerpc to run commands)
Activity: 98
win

This.
If the coins gets added and there is some FUD spreading about a "bug' the price will drop like a stone and maybe even trigger the exchange to de list the coin.

Although I am so eager to buy some coin (depending on the price) I would only touch a tested and proof to work correctly coin.

if true you will miss the big moves in price. it will get listed and you will be shaking at home behind the sofa.
I don't know if it's in the developer's power or not to prevent qora from being listed on exchanges..

It's not.

...but I think having qora listed on any old exchange with a bunch of crap coins is a mistake. Proceed to disagree.

If I've read this thread correctly, the shareXcoin dev is a qora seed stakeholder. They can do whatever they wants with the exchange and qora. This can not be stopped. Apologies in advance if I read wrong but if this is the case, s/he has a vested interest in more ways than one..

...I certainly would prefer to see exchanges for qora hold off a bit until a stable client exists and the initial stakeholder community is organized (committees, etc for decision making purposes) but people do what they do. On the flip, distribution is needed and good for growth. Lessons learned from initial nxt stakeholders would be good to glean on for these kinds of moves as a community...you know to improve on what's been done and to not make the same mistakes that nxt made. my2q
@wizz

Check your PM.
Activity: 98
win
I don't know if it's in the developer's power or not to prevent qora from being listed on exchanges, but I think having qora listed on any old exchange with a bunch of crap coins is a mistake.  I think qora will do much better on it's own exchange, or just one exchange and only one, preferably one that is in English and Chinese.  I think part of what helped nxt was that it was difficult for exchanges to add it so it was limited to just 2 exchanges. It wasn't spread out and diluted. Anyways, just my opinion.  Proceed to disagree.

I agree with both quotes

some shit coins have own exchange it doesn't help them, NXT was did great cause it's a great innovation period. Sharecoin set up will help as Sharecoin investors will become qora investors. you don't need a perfect wallet, if your a chicken don't trade.
legendary
Activity: 2912
Merit: 6403
Blackjack.fun

This.
If the coins gets added and there is some FUD spreading about a "bug' the price will drop like a stone and maybe even trigger the exchange to de list the coin.

Although I am so eager to buy some coin (depending on the price) I would only touch a tested and proof to work correctly coin.

Jump to: