Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] RHINOHORNS [CPU/GPU HYBRID] SAVE THE RHINO! LAUNCHED! - page 16. (Read 28920 times)

Activity: 812
Merit: 250
The Fourth Generation of Blockchain in DeFi
That was me.  Cheesy
@ OP: A DNS seed would be nice, many of the users I sent a few coins to had a bit of trouble making the config files.  Wink

Good idea,

For now i'll add my nodes to the code to bootstrap the client into connecting to peers. In the future i'll add more nodes or use a dns-seeder.

I'll post the updated clients later on.

Update [1] Linux32bit with added seeds online
Dude you rock!  Grin
Activity: 70
Merit: 10
Speaking of nodes and conf files... linux conf filename? Doesn't seem to be "~/.Rhinohorn/rhinohorn.conf"

edit to add, not sure if it's a bug but coins are added to confirmed balance before they reach fully confirmed under transaction history.

File name is: .Rhinohorn
I've got the directory, just not the filename. But I THINK "Rhinohorn.conf" (so "~/.Rhinohorn/Rhinohorn.conf") shifted it.

just fyi, although settings directories may be uppercased, the conf filename is almost always fully lowercase. At least under linux builds. Not a rule, but a convention worth following (easier for users)
Activity: 28
Merit: 0
Speaking of nodes and conf files... linux conf filename? Doesn't seem to be "~/.Rhinohorn/rhinohorn.conf"

edit to add, not sure if it's a bug but coins are added to confirmed balance before they reach fully confirmed under transaction history.
Foldername is: .Rhinohorn

edit to add, not sure if it's a bug but coins are added to confirmed balance before they reach fully confirmed under transaction history. I've got two transactions, one 4/6, the other 5/6 but no unconfirmed balance.
Activity: 28
That was me.  Cheesy
@ OP: A DNS seed would be nice, many of the users I sent a few coins to had a bit of trouble making the config files.  Wink

Good idea,

For now i'll add my nodes to the code to bootstrap the client into connecting to peers. In the future i'll add more nodes or use a dns-seeder.

I'll post the updated clients later on.

Update [1] Linux 32bit  Added initial seeds online

Update [2] Linux 64bit Added initial seeds online

Update [3]  Windows Added initial seeds online
Activity: 2
can anyone send me some rhinohorn?

VgGE5jRYzbRJYeZ8SNW3vuHhG4Gd8AXy9R

it says i am 0 hours behind.

I just want to make sure I'm synced and mining correctly.

rpcuser=username
rpcpassword=password
rpcallowip=127.0.0.1
rpcport=6998
port=6999
gen=0
server=1
addnode=199.127.226.163
addnode=220.239.233.14
No problemo  Cheesy

@ OP: Sorry for nitpicking, but maybe format the opening post differently, the many ------ make the layout very weird imo.
Code:
setgenerate true 4 
for 4 threads  Smiley
Thanks, don't know how I didn't see that. Was looking through the whole output of "help"
Code:
setgenerate true 4 
for 4 threads  Smiley
CPU Mining Instructions:
QT-Wallet: help>Debug Window > Console > type setgenerate true
Daemon Linux: ./Rhinohornd set generate true
Daemon Windows: Rhinohornd.exe set generate true

To check your hashrate type in getmininginfo. your hashrate is where it says hashpersec.

(You will be 0 hours behind, this is expected)

When using "setgenerate true" is there a way of adjusting the threads/cores used?
Activity: 826
Merit: 501
in defi we trust
Dear Rhinohorn. I found you today on Poloniex as a nice Miner was giving some free coins to us there which was cool because now I found you here. I can also host a giveaway and do a blog post for a small bounty if you want to get the word around faster. Please feel free to pm me if you would like that. Smiley

This sounds more like a love letter Smiley)). From a woman to a rhino  ?!?!
That was me.  Cheesy

How to make the config file (on Windows):

Copy this:
Code:
rpcuser=username (change this)
rpcpassword=password (change this)
rpcallowip=127.0.0.1
rpcport=6998
port=6999
gen=0
server=1
addnode=199.127.226.163
addnode=220.239.233.14

Go to C:/Users/YourUsername/AppData/Roaming/Rhinohorn (the AppData folder is hidden, go to Organize->Folder settings and make hidden files visible or follow this how-to)
Create an empty text file and name it Rhinohorn.conf
Open it with notepad and paste the code above into it, save the file
Restart the wallet, should sync now.  Grin

Still got problems? Feel free to PM.
Activity: 294
Dear Rhinohorn. I found you today on Poloniex as a nice Miner was giving some free coins to us there which was cool because now I found you here. I can also host a giveaway and do a blog post for a small bounty if you want to get the word around faster. Please feel free to pm me if you would like that. Smiley
"blocks" : 5335
"difficulty" : 0.00097655
"networkhashps" : 63954
 Wink
Activity: 556
Merit: 501
Interesante la idea, sin embargo no se si con este nombre tendrá éxito la moneda, hay que hacer mas ruido./ translate: Interesting idea, but not if this name will succeed the coin, you have to make more noise.  Smiley
Hippo ≠ Rhino
Activity: 774
Merit: 500
If anyone has suggestions on the coins image, such as what they want rhinohorns to represent, let me know. Input is appreciated.

Well this came in my mind. Since this coin supports rhinos that are hunted and slaughtered just for the horns, maybe the image in the coin should be a rhino without its horn.
That's called an hippopotamus

Really?? Holy shit!  Wink I meant something more rude, like some picture of a rhino which has lost it's horn because of humans greed. maybe in same kind of graphics as the coin logo is now, just a bit more accurate..

Btw, wasn't it hippopotamus that cave birth to Ace Ventura?
legendary
Activity: 1400
Merit: 1050
If anyone has suggestions on the coins image, such as what they want rhinohorns to represent, let me know. Input is appreciated.

Well this came in my mind. Since this coin supports rhinos that are hunted and slaughtered just for the horns, maybe the image in the coin should be a rhino without its horn.
That's called an hippopotamus
Activity: 774
Merit: 500

Well this came in my mind. Since this coin supports rhinos that are hunted and slaughtered just for the horns, maybe the image in the coin should be a rhino without its horn. I know it may not play well with the name rhinohorn but atleast it would be some what shocking. Just an idea maybe it will work maybe not. I hope there would be discussion about this and i also want to hear some suggestions.

And thanks for the dev for putting really work on this coin.
Just want to say, it's nice to see a talented dev for once. The sync issue is weird, but if it disappears at block 24200, great!  Cheesy
Pages:
Jump to: