Pages:
Author

Topic: [ ANN ] SAT² - A new dawn - PoS - No Premine - page 59. (Read 133187 times)

Activity: 420
Merit: 250
News you want to implement in SAT, are creating uncertainty among investors.
Maybe it would be good if the DEVs were giving some explanations about progress

News was not meant to be used to scare folks away. It was meant to be as transparent as possible on the current state of the ongoing research. Crypto is all about pushing new bounds, this is just one that will require a bit more effort to get past.  Also, keep in mind this is all open source, so the work I am doing will benefit the community. Knowing how to adjust a blockchain to an entirely new hashing function will be a great lesson.

//start rant.

On a side note. If you are dumb enough to invest money you can't afford to lose in this crazy altcoin playground. Please go sell and move the money to a mutual fund for safe keeping.

The altcoin space is all about attempting new things with the technology, the day to day greed, money making scheme are all secondary. All these alts have no value other then to provide a testing ground for new ideas. Some of those ideas will stand on their own and gain value. Saturncoin has the idea of a coin that helps the community, either use it for that, or choose one of the other 410 coins. 

/end rant.
Activity: 620
Merit: 500
News you want to implement in SAT, are creating uncertainty among investors.
Maybe it would be good if the DEVs were giving some explanations about progress
Activity: 62
Merit: 0
Like was spoken on irc

1- Premine the number of coins out there; In the first week with this coins investors can buy the same amount in the "new blockchain"; this can be done automatcly in wallet.

2- ask help from exchanges, they keep the balance of old block chain, and transfer to the new chain

Trying to merge the 2 blockchains will probably result in many bugs ><

Its amazing to be informed!
So my general consensus at this point is porting the algo from POW to POW with POS is pretty pointless if you want to keep the same blockchain. Best method is as Shakezula said is to just re-release with a new chain.  Are there any successful ones yet? Bellacoin dev is working on it on the side, but has not made ay progress. My general test fail since the merkel tree is always going to be different in each case.  Still testing and will try a few more hacks.
legendary
Activity: 924
Merit: 1000
Bitfarms.io

All previous issues have been addressed and resolved! Back 100% operational!

We are extremely pleased to inform you all that the negative balance issue has now been fixed.

Since the extent of missing transactions was considerable for that period, and that we lost more debit transactions rather than credit ones (meaning balances in credit_dummy were higher than the actual amount), we proceeded with a credit based on your average payout / block for the affected period. We chose to proceed this way to resolve this issue faster for everybody.  That ensured a minimal loss, and everybody got their fair share of the coins for that period that were previously un-credited to assess the credit/debit inconsistensies.

You can come back mining at http://Saturn.SuchPool.pw

We will soon announce a full week of 0% fees to compensate all our miners.

Again, we deeply apoligize for the inconvenients that occured recently. Please be assured that we won't let that happen again.
We took this as a lesson, and quickly reacted by adding more database slaves, more backups and more security overall on our infrastructure.

At this moment, every previous issue has been solved and we are back operational at 100%!

We hope you enjoy mining on our pools. Bring back the hashes!

*If you feel like your balance is somehow still incorrect, feel free to contact us at any time at [email protected]

The SuchPool Team
www.suchpool.pw
[email protected]
irc.freenode.net - #SuchPool
Activity: 94
Merit: 10
Saturncoin Promo Video-BLAZING FAST, SWITCHING TO POS SOON, MULTIPOOL OPENED FOR BUSINESS
http://altcoinhunters.com/2014/04/saturncoin-blazing-fast-switching-to-pos-soon-multipool-opened-for-business/
Activity: 42
Dev team, I count on you making the smoothest transition possible  Grin !

No pressure or anything lol
Activity: 24
How is the conversion from POW -> POS happening. I just went through something similar with C2/NC2 & it required them creating a completely new coin & blockchain, trading our old for new through an established exchange.

How will this conversion work in regard to Saturncoin?

If someone has their wallet open. Please send 1 or 2 SAT to this address: SdUXqaYtNEVoq9fTTTvPMed47BFGVoZV2i
testing a compile and want to make sure it is in a happy place.
I sent 10 SAT from SgAygaz7ZqwceAq5W1q4WHGkgpTpvQcRyj
Chin chin!
If someone has their wallet open. Please send 1 or 2 SAT to this address: SdUXqaYtNEVoq9fTTTvPMed47BFGVoZV2i

Sent from Cryptsy 5, I guess to prove served.
The main portfolio is cold and I prefer not to touch

Got it. 14.90 delivered to the compiled wallet. Thank you for helping. Will add it to the Foundation fund when I am done testing.
Whilst waiting for the major move-over come May 1st, for the fun of it I just Linux-compiled my Sat wallet from source. So I've some info  to share. Sync is very OK and blocks are moving.
protocolversion : 2000000, walletversion : 60000,

Hard coded nodes if you need them;

addnode=107.2.184.151:10017
addnode=31.128.130.2:10017
addnode=72.24.164.159:10017
addnode=23.252.113.113:10017
addnode=95.95.171.218:10017
addnode=54.201.183.106:10017
addnode=84.27.142.184:10017
addnode=50.154.163.162:10017
addnode=79.2.196.206:10017

+1!

ive had to go out of the city coz a family issue, im coming back tomorrow wednesday to continue as is hard to get internet working in here.

Cheers!

Hopefully the family is doing well Smiley

Initial rises gave saturn a spotlight and notice to the crypto community. Less than 10 days until the POS followed by MP Smiley
Activity: 336
I sent 10 SAT from SgAygaz7ZqwceAq5W1q4WHGkgpTpvQcRyj
Chin chin!
Activity: 620

Sent from Cryptsy 5, I guess to prove served.
The main portfolio is cold and I prefer not to touch
i think we need more activity from the dev
I'm buying some more millions at 4-5 satoshis, I think we are at the bottom until end of april then it will be a fireworks !

Considering it is still profitable to mine from 2-4 satoshi per SAT, I am sure we may get a bit lower. Also the crypto community tends to....

....look a squirrel...

Sorry....where was I...oooooohhhh shiny IPO......

sigh.

So without news from dev team being posted on a daily basis you will get some wavering in the masses.

LOL that is the truth! Said so perfectly ... it might be in a book one day lol
I'm buying some more millions at 4-5 satoshis, I think we are at the bottom until end of april then it will be a fireworks !

Considering it is still profitable to mine from 2-4 satoshi per SAT, I am sure we may get a bit lower. Also the crypto community tends to....

....look a squirrel...

Sorry....where was I...oooooohhhh shiny IPO......

sigh.

So without news from dev team being posted on a daily basis you will get some wavering in the masses.
Merit: 10
Activity: 592
Whilst waiting for the major move-over come May 1st, for the fun of it I just Linux-compiled my Sat wallet from source. So I've some info  to share. Sync is very OK and blocks are moving.
protocolversion : 2000000, walletversion : 60000,

Hard coded nodes if you need them;

addnode=107.2.184.151:10017
addnode=31.128.130.2:10017
addnode=72.24.164.159:10017
addnode=23.252.113.113:10017
addnode=95.95.171.218:10017
addnode=54.201.183.106:10017
addnode=84.27.142.184:10017
addnode=50.154.163.162:10017
addnode=79.2.196.206:10017

+1!

ive had to go out of the city coz a family issue, im coming back tomorrow wednesday to continue as is hard to get internet working in here.

Cheers!
buy order re-filled
Same and keep mining. Easy as pie. 
Lots of folks selling at 4, wonder why.  Guess mining and converting to btc is still the safest bet.

Pages:
Jump to: