Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] SatoshiGalaxy - Browser MMORPG + BTC Faucet {FOR SALE} - page 62. (Read 109828 times)

Activity: 6
Merit: 0
When speedzoom start
Activity: 66
just tried killing an npc trucker. cant say what it would have gotten me because cons blew me to pieces before i could get my loot. I figured it would get me shot by them as it was in an orange sector but the long waits for loot vs the very short cons response time seems a little off, at least to me. it kind of makes bothering with them anywhere but in the reds a good way to waste time wrecked for nothing.
Couple of times I get really good loot, but in last 2 days only 1 nickel plate and 4alloys, or nothing. Is that normal? And yes, in green and orange sectors it is almost "mission impossible" Smiley
 Why CONS cruisers have nothing in loot?
Activity: 130
Merit: 10

And we're going to experiment with "speed zoom", by making everything work faster x2 times.

This is going to be active from each Friday evening to Monday morning (UTC).

Any plans this weekend for the speedzoom?
Activity: 44
just tried killing an npc trucker. cant say what it would have gotten me because cons blew me to pieces before i could get my loot. I figured it would get me shot by them as it was in an orange sector but the long waits for loot vs the very short cons response time seems a little off, at least to me. it kind of makes bothering with them anywhere but in the reds a good way to waste time wrecked for nothing.
Activity: 90
where could I buy a MLK rootkit? What is it and may I be able to craft one?

Solved:  station THX -> software tab

thanks zaiusz
The chat latch feature is awesome.  No more retyping stuff because i sent it out the airlock by accident
Oh, hey, I'd like that very much. PM me?

PM sent
Activity: 622
Merit: 500
SatoshiGalaxy
I created a facebook fan-page for that game, everyone who like the game is welcome to put a like for it!
https://www.facebook.com/satoshigalaxy/

@toe: feel free to contact me to trasfer it to you!

Oh, hey, I'd like that very much. PM me?

Long story short, managing a twitter account and a facebook page is part of my job description, but I managed to avoid it, as I personally hate both those services. But I'm guessing I'm running out of excuses now :(

bug - chat latches always default to alliance when refreshing to the next page

Also, the latch should be optional and not forced.  Monitoring the log is more important, having it the default would be better

Lastly, the default log you used to get after a page refresh before was like a hybrid of everything ... all log messages, private chats, squad chats... if you click on the log tab itself it always got rid of those extra things revealing only the local and planetary messages.  Having all that stuff viewable in the timeline at once is pretty useful, if we can still have the defaulted hybrid log as an option.

Thanks, I've been told the latch thing should work better now.

And you still can get the default/hybrid/full-timeline view, by unselecting currently active tab. For example, if you are on the alliance tab, just click "alliance" again.

100% unintuitive, as always, I've added a "do something about it" item to the TODO list.

But I think this covers all the use cases outlined by zaiusz nicely.

Please follow this up if you still think the chat is messed up.
bug - chat latches always default to alliance when refreshing to the next page

Also, the latch should be optional and not forced.  Monitoring the log is more important, having it the default would be better

Lastly, the default log you used to get after a page refresh before was like a hybrid of everything ... all log messages, private chats, squad chats... if you click on the log tab itself it always got rid of those extra things revealing only the local and planetary messages.  Having all that stuff viewable in the timeline at once is pretty useful, if we can still have the defaulted hybrid log as an option.
Yeah I am so happy about my new ship!

I can now work to produce better wares at cheap prices for everyone!

About the transfer, no worries, it was ok for me to spend the 7K, I couldnt come to take it anyway because it would mean to leave another ship there, I had to transfer it to my "location" (toe will be glad that I called it so eheh and that I learnt his lesson)

Update:

I created a facebook fan-page for that game, everyone who like the game is welcome to put a like for it!
https://www.facebook.com/satoshigalaxy/

@toe: feel free to contact me to trasfer it to you!

Thanks everyone
SatoshiGalaxy
As for my trucker I submitted the transfer request right now

Requested transfer of '858567867458845' (for 7641 satoshi)

which seems to be successfully done

Glad to hear it. It was just a confusing error message after all.

Toecutter, something to think about regarding pcjob's trucker he purchased from me. It was sold through my planet's marketplace since there is no marketplace in the Lesath station. (it cost me friggin 6000 satoshi to tow it from the station in Lesath to my planet in the same system Undecided) Anyway, if he chose to fly up there to get it, he wouldn't have been able to because my landing permissions don't allow visitors.  There's obviously an easy workaround, that I set him up to land on the planet.  But maybe you should default it so that ships purchased from other players go to the closest THX or something like that.

Hmm, interesting. I wouldn't be particularly worried, as one can always request a transfer to his current location. Same-system transfers should be really cheap, BTW, I'm guessing it's your Fleet Overheard kicking in.

Just curious if broken items are actually supposed to be able to be placed for sale on the market?. Obviously people should be watching what they buy of course, but I can really only see this leading to disappointment if anybody is not paying quite enough attention before they buy something......

That's true, but yeah, that's intentional. I'm also not quite sure, but I think there are still some uses for broken items. I'll get back to you on that.

By the way Toecutter, i've been meaning to ask this question but just reminded now.  What's up with the rarity of sapphire crystals in a planet's mineral composition?  Out of the 60-80 some-odd planets I know of, I think I've only ever heard of two planets that produce sapphires (although there may be a few more out there).  Is that intentional to prevent easier/cheaper lapidary?

Also, one of my planets has 'very low' orichalcum... with 1000 miners it takes 13 hours to produce one lousy piece.  It was the same planet I originally had the bug that said it had none, but it actually did.  Am I just super unfortunate that it is so low it's practically non-existent or is something wrong?

More about that, gradation in low, very low etc. it's far from accurate. Sad I have 2 very low ruby planets. First produce 1 ruby per day(1000miners) second 1 per 4days. Similar is with other resources too. Maybe it will be better to gradate mineral richness in points from 0 to 10, or 100?

Not sure about the sapphire situation, I'll ask for a printout.

As for the gradation, you guys are right, not only is it not granular, it's kinda off by a few points too.

Small update.

• [ENC] Make planetary mineral richness display more accurate (again). (@zaiusz+@kakucis006)
  • [ENC] "Latch" currently selected chat tab between screen refreshes. (@zaiusz)
  • [ENC] Make Unicast the default option for chatting.
  • [ENC] Add ability to unselect current chat tab by clicking it.
  • [BUG] Click-on-nick in chat didn't work in Firefox.* (@onlinedigger)

* This was fixed a few days ago, but I think it's worth mentioning. And you can also double-click on nicks to start private messaging session quickly (similar to "hail" button); not sure when exactly this became a thing.

Planet owners: your minerals did not change, all the rates are the same, it's just the display that got changed. (People assumed the opposite last time around, so I better say this right away).
Activity: 66

Also, one of my planets has 'very low' orichalcum... with 1000 miners it takes 13 hours to produce one lousy piece.  It was the same planet I originally had the bug that said it had none, but it actually did.  Am I just super unfortunate that it is so low it's practically non-existent or is something wrong?
More about that, gradation in low, very low etc. it's far from accurate. Sad I have 2 very low ruby planets. First produce 1 ruby per day(1000miners) second 1 per 4days. Similar is with other resources too. Maybe it will be better to gradate mineral richness in points from 0 to 10, or 100?
Activity: 44
Just curious if broken items are actually supposed to be able to be placed for sale on the market?. Obviously people should be watching what they buy of course, but I can really only see this leading to disappointment if anybody is not paying quite enough attention before they buy something......
Great update!

Toecutter, something to think about regarding pcjob's trucker he purchased from me. It was sold through my planet's marketplace since there is no marketplace in the Lesath station. (it cost me friggin 6000 satoshi to tow it from the station in Lesath to my planet in the same system Undecided) Anyway, if he chose to fly up there to get it, he wouldn't have been able to because my landing permissions don't allow visitors.  There's obviously an easy workaround, that I set him up to land on the planet.  But maybe you should default it so that ships purchased from other players go to the closest THX or something like that.
By the way Toecutter, i've been meaning to ask this question but just reminded now.  What's up with the rarity of sapphire crystals in a planet's mineral composition?  Out of the 60-80 some-odd planets I know of, I think I've only ever heard of two planets that produce sapphires (although there may be a few more out there).  Is that intentional to prevent easier/cheaper lapidary?

Also, one of my planets has 'very low' orichalcum... with 1000 miners it takes 13 hours to produce one lousy piece.  It was the same planet I originally had the bug that said it had none, but it actually did.  Am I just super unfortunate that it is so low it's practically non-existent or is something wrong?
BTW, people make this mistake all the time, do you guys think we should make Unicast the default option?

You should add a latch checkbox for those wishing to speak unicast all the time.  After switching screens during a private conversation, it's very easy to forget hitting the tab and accidentally broadcast... and if you made the default unicast our sneaky pirate plans may be revealed to everyone  Wink
Great update!

SatoshiGalaxy
yeah unfortunatly I have been terribly concise in the mean term!!! :)

That's also due to my different native language.

I checked your mp, I will send you some feedback asap! In the meanwhile thank you!

NP, SatoshiGalaxy is well-known for bad user interface, confusing concepts and lack of proper documentation. Trying to make up for it :)

Update!

• [BUG] Planets expose their mineral composition as soon as quarry is built.* (@zaiusz)
  • [BUG] Wrong error message is displayed when players lack satoshi to transfer their ships. (@pcjob)
  • [ENC] Show all sectors with player ships on the map. (@7fantastic11)
  • [ENC] Slightly increase hunting job rewards.
  • [ENC] Add debris-cleaning job.**

* This one is embarrassing. It was reported like months ago, we did nothing to fix it, and we leaked lots of data in the meantime. Oh well.

** It may look like an easy one, for newbies to feed on, but it actually requires some strategy to pull off.
yeah unfortunatly I have been terribly concise in the mean term!!! Smiley

That's also due to my different native language.

I checked your mp, I will send you some feedback asap! In the meanwhile thank you!
SatoshiGalaxy
Ok, This game is great.  but I bought a trucker and it is in a place called Gorgonia Tertia.  Does anybody have any idea where that is?  When I bought the deal yesterday it was in some corner of "dangerville".  So I make my way out that way, like past Terebellium-E and Kajam, and as I go to check out my "ships" on the profile drop-down, it seems to have moved to this new location: Gorgonia Tertia.  I have no idea how to fetch my trucker and need some help, please.

Hello, 7fantastic11!

Thanks for your feedback.

FYI, "broadcast" or "sector-wide" messages are only delivered to people in the same sector you are. If you want to ask people for help, a better bet would be using "unicast" or "galaxy-wide" messages (you can also select this option by clicking on "Global" tab in the chat).

BTW, people make this mistake all the time, do you guys think we should make Unicast the default option?

As for your actual question, I'm not at liberty to disclose sector locations, but other players will likely help you out with that.

Edit: Check your starmap. You should now be able to see the sector in question.

You may summon it with a fee into your galaxy.

I have a similar situation of yours my problem is that

I bought a trucker that was parked in Lesath II galaxy.

Now when I go into the market, in the ships tab I see that there's a "Transfer cost"

I am ok with that but beside it there's a timer that is stuck at 162

Among that when I click the "transfer here" button in order to summon the trucker in the place I get error "Terminal malfunction"

What does it mean?

OK, first things first.

1. The correct term for the star system is, well, "star system" or "sector". The galaxy is the whole thing :)
2. The "clock" icon is used to indicate cooldown costs, and the "hourglass" icon is used to indicate the actual current cooldown timer which is counting down. So the timer is not stuck, as it's not even a timer!
3. When you get "terminal malfunction" or "cargo bay malfunction" or "climate error" or a similar non-sensible message, it usually means there's some deeper problem underneath (like things not being properly synchronized server-side). Please just try again, and it should work the second time around. However, if the problem persists, it most certainly is a serious bug, so please report this as soon as possible.

And yeah, looks like you've found one! I'll send you a PM regarding this momentarily.

(Terribly sorry for the 1-2-3 points, not meant to poke at you; it's just that as other players read those posts, it's important to establish correct terminology to minimize the potential confusion).
Pages:
Jump to: