Author

Topic: [ANN] sgminer v5 - optimized X11/X13/NeoScrypt/Lyra2RE/etc. kernel-switch miner - page 102. (Read 877846 times)

Activity: 96
Merit: 10
Hello everyone,  I've been away from this for quite some time (last time I was up to date was when X13 support was just added).  So, please forgive me if the answer is somewhere hidden in the 100+ pages of this forum.  I tried doing a search, but that task has become a whole project in itself.  Can someone please explain or point me to the proper direction for the answer.  I have compiled (for Ubuntu 14.04) sgminer v5 from the git source.  Everything is working fine, except...where the heck is the Lyra2RE kernel?  Is it something I'm supposed to enable at compile time?  Am I suppose to pull it from another sgminer?  Please advise.  Thanks!
legendary
Activity: 1092
Merit: 1004
So I can currently only get 7.8 MH/s x11 speed out of a Sapphire tri-oc R9 290x, using wolf0's bin. Stock clocks (1025 gpu, 1500 mem).

Is this normal? How are people getting close to 10 MH/s out of an R9 290x? My card won't overclock too far beyond the stock settings, but it doesn't seem to make a massive difference regardless.

X11 mod scales perfectly with overclocking e.g. my card overclocked to 1020mhz is doing 8.09mhs Grin Not overclocked 7.6mhs.

Need to be using the 14.7 RC1 or RC3 drivers, Omega drivers onward deliver 10% lower hash power.

Secondly, a clean installation of windows 7 usually fixes decay rates of lower performance on old installations of OS Shocked
Activity: 81
Merit: 1002
It was only the wind.
With all this you just can not create right x13 bin even if you have the correct kernels. Smiley

I have the source, though, and can port it to whatever algo I please.
legendary
Activity: 1797
Merit: 1028
So I can currently only get 7.8 MH/s x11 speed out of a Sapphire tri-oc R9 290x, using wolf0's bin. Stock clocks (1025 gpu, 1500 mem).

Is this normal? How are people getting close to 10 MH/s out of an R9 290x? My card won't overclock too far beyond the stock settings, but it doesn't seem to make a massive difference regardless.

Using an xIntensity of "128" made a big difference for me.       --scryptr
Activity: 14
Merit: 0

legendary
Activity: 1797
Merit: 1028
MIXED DRIVER VERSIONS--

I have read various posts about putting the driver files "in the miner directory".  How does a person do this?

Here is my situation.  I have a uATX mother board with on-board graphics.  The video chip will run with AMD drivers 13.x, but no later.  The MB BIOS can be set to use additional video cards.  What I want to do is install Ubuntu on the rig, use AMD 13.x drivers, and run the monitor with the installed AMD 13.x drivers.  I then want to put AMD 14.6 drivers "in the mining directory", and compile and mine with the additional video cards.

How to do this?  Any help?       --scryptr
Activity: 57

I am NOT an SGMiner developer. Don't even joke like that - even if I was, I'd beg to not be associated with developing that thing.

Oh but you are, your kernel is included in the current release!

If you like, I can replace it with my version..

Your version is based on my version... lol.

Yep, and your current "private" version is based on my two month old test version.. Cheesy
It was only the wind.
Lyra2RE r9 290@1000/1500

GPU 0:  92.0C 2516RPM | 1.781M/1.782Mh/s | R:  0.0% HW:0 WU:3.123/m

Now that is impressive.

thanks, your work on neoscrypt and Xxx is even more impressive.

Eh, Neo maybe, but Xxx algos are just tedious.

I thought he was referring to your wallpaper.  Smiley

Haha, really?

Just trying to be funny, your work on all the algos and your wallpaper are equally impressive.  Well algos are probably more impressive.

Thanks.
Activity: 434
Merit: 250
I am NOT an SGMiner developer. Don't even joke like that - even if I was, I'd beg to not be associated with developing that thing.

Do you have a version to share or we have to buy it?
legendary
Wolf0 you might as well be the sgminer developer Cheesy

Everybody wants you tech, whether it's for free or you have to buy it Wink

This why you are a "Hero Member" on this forum Grin

And, yes, some of your old kernels are in the officially bundled version of the obsolete "official" SGminer release Shocked

Naturally, everyone thinks you are one of the SGminer developers Shocked

That's nothing, one of the people who coded the obsolete neoscrypt kernel put this into the coding "F*ck you, AMD".

Yelp, all the miners with AMD cards seem to really dislike them at moment, Nvidia can expect bumpers sales in 2016 when all the AMD cards die Tongue

So funny, that bit in the coding Cheesy

It was only the wind.
Lyra2RE r9 290@1000/1500

Now that is impressive.

I thought he was referring to your wallpaper.  Smiley

Haha, really?
legendary
Can someone tell me what is the current performance of a R9 280X on X11 and X13 WITHOUT overclocking ?

I'm averaging at about 3.3 - 3.4 MH/s (X11) with latest sgminer on AMD's Omega Drivers @ Linux and think it might be a bit slow.

Thanks !

oc

Hi,

With the modded X11 kernel and modded Tahiti bin file, it is around 5.8mhs Roll Eyes Overclocked is around 6.7mhs

Previous post has the filedropper location of the leaked mod by LoveToShares.

Replace the (delete) old sgminer kernel file and put the modded one in it's place, delete the old bin files and replace with modded bins for Tahiti GPU.

Make sure your config file worksize is set to 64

It is as easy as that Shocked

Omega drivers are rubbish for mining and you need amd-catalyst-14.7 RC1 up to RC3

http://www.guru3d.com/files-get/amd-catalyst-14-7-rc1-(14-200-1004-july-9)-download,1.html

Or

http://www.guru3d.com/files-get/amd-catalyst-14-7-rc3-(14-200-1004-august-11)-download,1.html

Hope that helps Grin

The leaked Kernel and Bins were originally developed by Wolf0 (one of named SGminer developers), he does welcome donations in Darkcoin for those people who feel guilty about using his tech for free Roll Eyes
legendary
Activity: 2688
Merit: 1240
Can someone tell me what is the current performance of a R9 280X on X11 and X13 WITHOUT overclocking ?

I'm averaging at about 3.3 - 3.4 MH/s (X11) with latest sgminer on AMD's Omega Drivers @ Linux and think it might be a bit slow.

Thanks !

oc
It was only the wind.
Lyra2RE r9 290@1000/1500

Now that is impressive.

legendary
Wolf0 Neoscrypt mod must have been sold to every big miner Wink

2 days ago FTC network hash was 779mhs

Today, the FTC network hash is 1.05GHs  Shocked

A whopping 35% increase in 2 days Tongue

I think many neoscrypt miners are using nicehash? Myself included. I really have no idea which coin I am mining right now.

You should check other neoscrypt coins as well, to see if some other coin has similar decrease in hash rate..

Yeah, it is across all the neoscrypt coins.

UFOcoin is averaging down 34%
Bollywoodcoin is averaging down 34%
Pheonixcoins is averaging up 15% (odd one because someone stuck 10mhs on it for 2 weeks to do a coin grab, on the period before that it is averaging 45% below).

Hard to tell with Imperialcoin and Guncoin, because their exchange price is way below the mining costs, I would guess no-one who had a modded neoscrypt kernel and bin is going to touch those ones. Cheesy

You can have look at "Hub" yourself on this link:
http://miningpoolhub.com/

If, you are mining at Nicehash/Westhash you should get the multi-algo switching software (a pre-compiled Window version is avaliable), the X11 modded sgminer nearly always pays more at Nicehash/Westhash then the unmodded Neoscrypt:

http://cryptomining-blog.com/3998-miner-control-1-5-5-pack-for-amd-radeon-r9-280x/

This an old list and you'll need to go into the config file and replace the Bitcoin address for payouts to your one.

Delete the Backup pools, "Mytradebot" (gone bust) and Wafflepool (gone bust) and Yamp (mining directly from Yamp is better). Change the hashpower outputs with a test run on each algo Cool

X11 mods and 4% mod for Neoscrypt is on this link:
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.10177774

You can copy and past the modded sgminer kernels and bins into Miner Control software for nicehash/westhash, but the neoscrypt algo will stop working and the Nist5 algo (just lower there hash output in the config file for those algos and software will not mine them).

I've opted for mining with just a modded X11 sgminer at Yamp (neoscrypt always pays higher at Yamp anyway), you can get paid out in whatever coin you want to collect, this way you don't need to waste time swapping Bitcoins for the cryto currency that you want to invest into Wink

I think there 4-5 rivals to Wolf0 who figured out the same modifications and that's why there such a jump in gravity well difficulty Shocked
Wolf0 Neoscrypt mod must have been sold to every big miner Wink

2 days ago FTC network hash was 779mhs

Today, the FTC network hash is 1.05GHs  Shocked

A whopping 35% increase in 2 days Tongue

I think many neoscrypt miners are using nicehash? Myself included. I really have no idea which coin I am mining right now.

You should check other neoscrypt coins as well, to see if some other coin has similar decrease in hash rate..
legendary
Activity: 2716
Merit: 1094
Black Belt Developer
Speculation is making money out of nothing. It's valueless. And you are making someone else poorer.
Investing in good projects is helping them succeed.
It depends on if you care only about money...
It was only the wind.
Lyra2RE r9 290@1000/1500

Now that is impressive.

That's hot. I was hoping Lyra2RE would run cooler, but I guess that's what happens when you optimize the kernel to run without bottlenecks?

Nah, it shouldn't run that hot - he must have it in a case.
legendary
I added some extra notes today, what do think Wolf0?

"As a further note

To my to early post about an investment strategy based on maths and macro economics useful for returning net profits from crypto-currencies  Grin

Everyone should have realised that crypto currencies are not Stock or Shares. Any attempt to import knowledge from that dodgy sector or similar dodgy sectors will result in substantial losses our new sector of economic activity  Shocked

Because crypto currencies is a new sector of economic activity, its governing maths and macro economics will need to written from scratch. For example: in stocks and shares, there are penny stocks, which people can invest in and in the West they have frequently been used as means to defraud the small investor out their Fiat Money  Huh

In crypto currencies there are no penny stocks: only a) Bust coins, b) Hobbyist coins, c) Economic coins, d) New coins. Bust coins is were the developer has disappeared, but the servers/nodes are paid up for a year and the coin just continues.

Hobbyists coins have a cult or loyal following and do not become bust coins because the owners of the coins do the software updates and pay for extensions on servers/nodes (their is substantial pleasure in becoming the bosses of a hobbyist coins). These Hobbyist coins retain significant economic values.

Economic coins, are coins that are available in high volumes and have achieved market valuations above 50 cent a coin e.g. original miners and organisation have significant profits from their early collection of coins to become skilful in duties and in future developments of that crypto currency  Wink This adjusted for multi-billion coin crypto-currencies like Dogecoin or Ripple  Roll Eyes

New coins are a self-evidently a new possibility to make profits or losses Wink"
Jump to: