Author

Topic: [ANN] sgminer v5 - optimized X11/X13/NeoScrypt/Lyra2RE/etc. kernel-switch miner - page 128. (Read 877846 times)

Activity: 528
Merit: 500
does anyone what would cause this it comes up in the miner log when the miner just shuts down and restarts for no apparent  reason to me

[04/12/2014 02:08:00]  SGMiner (760): Process closed.

cheers
Activity: 3
Merit: 0
What is wrong when I get only message "Segmentation fault" when trying to run sgminer? I succeeded to get over all the problems in compilation but the finished program won't even start. I've tried several versions such as 4.1.0, 4.2.2 and 5.0.1.

I have two Radeon HD 5970 cards and I'm using Linux Mint 17 Cinnamon with Catalyst 14.9 and AMD APP SDK v2.5. I did the compilation using commands:

Code:
autoreconf -i
CFLAGS="-02 -Wall -march=native" sudo ./configure --enable-opencl --disable-adl
sudo make

which gave me a report:

Code:
Configuration Options Summary:

Use git version......: no
  libcurl(GBT+getwork).: Enabled: -lcurl 
  curses.TUI...........: FOUND: -lncurses
  OpenCL...............: FOUND. GPU mining support enabled
  ADL..................: Detection overrided. GPU monitoring support DISABLED

Compilation............: make (or gmake)
  CPPFLAGS.............:
  CFLAGS...............: -g -O2
  LDFLAGS..............:  -lpthread
  LDADD................: -ldl -lcurl   compat/jansson-2.5/src/.libs/libjansson.a -lpthread -lOpenCL    -lm -lrt

Installation...........: make install (as root if needed, with 'su' or 'sudo')
  prefix...............: /usr/local

I'm trying to mine Diamondcoin and used to do that in Windows using sgminer_diamond_v4.1.0 but I haven't found any source for that.
Activity: 8
hi y'all, i installed pimp amd 13.12 on a used usb stick, whenever i run it, it will firstly only detect  4 of 5 gpu's and secondly give the message "unable to enumerate usb device on port .. "  (5 or 6 depending on where i stick it) every half second. Is it the usb stick or is it something else?
Activity: 182
Merit: 100
To the MOOOON
Can I setup scrypt-jane on this sgminer? Where I can find howto?

Which vga type
Activity: 13
Can I setup scrypt-jane on this sgminer? Where I can find howto?
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1000
sorry about the noobish question but what is the command to make sgminer to use an existing .bin file...Huh

just overwrite the existing one.
since  the file name is created using the card settings, instead of guessing them, just overwrite it ;-)
if you have many bin files: close the miner, remove *.bin, run the miner, close it, overwrite the bin file, rerun the miner.

you mean to rename the .bin file i downloaded and give it the name of my bin file with my settings?

then when i run the .bat file wont it override the .bin config with the instructions that are in the .bat file?

YES, that's what I told you in the other thread. Generate a bin using worksize 64, then rename my bin to the same thing sgminer generated, and replace the SGMiner generated bin with mine.

Thanks, figured it out!
legendary
sorry about the noobish question but what is the command to make sgminer to use an existing .bin file...Huh

since  the file name is created using the card settings, instead of guessing them, just overwrite it ;-)
if you have many bin files: close the miner, remove *.bin, run the miner, close it, overwrite the bin file, rerun the miner.

you mean to rename the .bin file i downloaded and give it the name of my bin file with my settings?

then when i run the .bat file wont it override the .bin config with the instructions that are in the .bat file?
legendary
Activity: 2716
Merit: 1094
Black Belt Developer

legendary

Activity: 9
Sorry for dumb question - is sgminer has no possibility to assign different pools and algos to the different card in a rig?
legendary
Activity: 1400
Merit: 1050
trying to compile sgminer5, on windows, mingw I end up with a no rule to make target with jansson...
Am I missing something ? (the readme file just send to the old windows build doc)

I have run into the same issue trying to compile for myself.
need to add jansson files to jansson... (not cool for those not using github or building from windows...) considering I must have it already in several other directories and you only need mostly a couple of files  Roll Eyes

edit: working now

suggestion to the main author: could you remove the "scrypt" default kernel when it goes when a wrong kernel is given and just let it exit peacefully (rather than crash the whole computer  Angry )

Activity: 81
Merit: 1002
It was only the wind.

The top 2 GPU's are 290x, the bottom are 290's.

how are these wu reading's so low mine are between 280.000/m and 300.000/m

You should be getting 325 to 335 khs with 290 (non-x) GPU's currently.  And Wolf0 has found a bottleneck in the code that's causing the 290/290x not to be able to achieve full speed, so they should eventually be able to go considerably farther than that. 

i was woundering why my 290x's dont go faster than the 290 nonx

The low WU is from running 256 difficulty.  Running 64 diff, gives higher WU like you are getting, but lower overall effective hashrate.

Slix is working on the necessary miner changes - after that, I'll patch the public kernel with the new shit from my dev version.
Activity: 539
Merit: 255
trying to compile sgminer5, on windows, mingw I end up with a no rule to make target with jansson...
Am I missing something ? (the readme file just send to the old windows build doc)

I have run into the same issue trying to compile for myself.
legendary
Activity: 1400
Merit: 1050
where do i read about how to make an API code to make sgminer  switch pool's
It was only the wind.

The kernelfile option? It's in Nicehash's build, probably.

is that a new Nicehash build to deal with the R9 290x bottle neck ?
Activity: 539
Merit: 255
By the way, I want to say thanks to Slix (ystarnaud) for adding the kernelfile option I suggested. Now I can develop without polluting the source tree - just setting kernelfile to "wolf-x13" or whatever it is per profile, then setting kernel-path to the new folder.  Cheesy

Is that going to be applied to a binary soon? 
It was only the wind.
Heres my configs for 290s non-x

Code:
"intensity" : "13",
"devices" : "0,1,",
"worksize" : "192",
"algorithm" : "neoscrypt",
"lookup-gap" : "1",
"shaders" : "2048",
"gpu-threads" : "2",
"gpu-engine" : "1050",
"thread-concurrency" : "8193",
"auto-fan" : true,
"auto-gpu" : false,
"gpu-memclock" : "0-0",
"gpu-memdiff" : "0",
"gpu-powertune" : "0",
"gpu-vddc" : "0.000",
"temp-cutoff" : "95",
"temp-overheat" : "86",
"temp-target" : "76",
"api-mcast-port" : "4028",
"api-port" : "4028",
"expiry" : "120",
"failover-switch-delay" : "60",
"gpu-dyninterval" : "7",
"gpu-platform" : "0",
"log" : "5",
"no-pool-disable" : true,
"no-client-reconnect" : true,
"queue" : "1",
"scan-time" : "60",
"tcp-keepalive" : "30",
"temp-hysteresis" : "3",
"shares" : "0",
"kernel-path" : "/usr/local/bin"

You should be getting 325 to 335 khs with 290 (non-x) GPU's currently.  And Wolf0 has found a bottleneck in the code that's causing the 290/290x not to be able to achieve full speed, so they should eventually be able to go considerably farther than that. 

The top 2 GPU's are 290x, the bottom are 290's.

(nsfw) GPU 3 is a 290X: https://ottrbutt.com/miner/neoscryptwolf-11132014.png

375kh/s or so.

Wolf0, if I were to drop the driver down to 13.12 wouldn't most other algos suffer? I thought X13 and X11 do much better on newer drivers?

yes they would suffer this is what makes scrypt-N   pointless  with auto switch

it best just switched off with the password
Jump to: