Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] sgminer v5 - optimized X11/X13/NeoScrypt/Lyra2RE/etc. kernel-switch miner - page 50. (Read 877844 times)

Activity: 212
Merit: 100
Just got 7.7mh/s on X11 with 280x  Cool

Does it run stably? I've tossed out lots of "speedups" because they crashed the miner, or killed the driver (requiring a reboot), in under 24 hours. It's called quality control.

Yeah that bin is quite unstable, nowhere near the stability of yours, which ran for weeks without a single reboot. That bin constantly needs a restart at least once every 10-24Hrs. I lowered my clock speeds and it does seem more stable(still crashes though), currently getting about 3Mhs more from the bins, but a lot more restarts. I only have one rig with 4 cards and cgwatcher, so it's manageable
Activity: 34
Merit: 0
Out of curiosity, what is an acceptable WU:/m rate?   My 290 seems to be hovering right around 0.086/m.  I am guessing larger is better, but I have a very small knowledge base on coin mining at the moment.
legendary
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1006
Just got 7.7mh/s on X11 with 280x  Cool
Activity: 37
sp_
legendary
Activity: 2926
Merit: 1087
Team Black developer
I'm getting pretty similar output using the russian bins (kachur?) on a 7970. 6.6MH/s 65 deg. but it's also winter here so that helps.
I get 7.5 MHASH with the kachur bins. 32bit sgminer and 15.6 driver (windows x86)
i cant go the windows method sp ...
it creates more work than i am willing to put into the farm ...
i am SO far behind the donation links and site - as well as the granitecoin site and coin rebuild - as well as the farm rebuild both physical as well as software - that it would be foolish of me to even look at windows at the moment ...
to top things off - there are some personal issues that are hovering and cannot be fixed with money - farm - btc - or anything material ... so i need to attend to those issues personally ...
there would be a great deal of interest IF you were to optimize the x11 algo for ccminer in linux though - as that is the majority of the farm ...
windows will never be a go in our farm - and the larger we get - the more reliant on linux we are ... and rightfully so ...
which is why we will be looking at an exclusivity of sorts with some parts of the farm - which may include a miner and optimizations for it ...
#crysx

You can use a 32bit linux distro like pimp. Use the latest sgminer 5.1

I posted the link to the bins some pages back. The size of the x11 bin is around 1.5 Meg, compared to wolf0's 920kb.

6.2MHASH on 7950 and 7.5MHASH on standard clocks.
legendary
Activity: 2870
Merit: 1091
--- ChainWorks Industries ---
I'm getting pretty similar output using the russian bins (kachur?) on a 7970. 6.6MH/s 65 deg. but it's also winter here so that helps.

I get 7.5 MHASH with the kachur bins. 32bit sgminer and 15.6 driver (windows x86)

i am SO far behind the donation links and site - as well as the granitecoin site and coin rebuild - as well as the farm rebuild both physical as well as software - that it would be foolish of me to even look at windows at the moment ...

to top things off - there are some personal issues that are hovering and cannot be fixed with money - farm - btc - or anything material ... so i need to attend to those issues personally ...

there would be a great deal of interest IF you were to optimize the x11 algo for ccminer in linux though - as that is the majority of the farm ...

windows will never be a go in our farm - and the larger we get - the more reliant on linux we are ... and rightfully so ...

which is why we will be looking at an exclusivity of sorts with some parts of the farm - which may include a miner and optimizations for it ...

#crysx

Don't worry, you're not missing too much - that 7.5MH/s apparently doesn't even last a day before it dies.

7970/280X are capable of just under 7MH/s with my bins.

with what settings wolf? ...

most i get is around 6.5MH at 1100/1500 gigabyte 280x oc cards and gigabyte 7970 oc cards - which are almost exactly the same cards anyway ...

#crysx

I thought they did 6.8MH/s at around 1200/1600. Anyways, I took my old X11 code, and rewrote parts for 15.7 drivers. 280X now does over 7MH/s at 1175/1600.

Screenshot of new speeds on new drivers (nsfw): https://ottrbutt.com/miner/x11localrigwolf-07282015.png

EDIT: Correction - 950W at the wall. Some cards are overvolted, and there's an FX-8370 in there, too.

ok - so stock cards with no overvolting or playing with firmware would still be able to bring a higher hashrate? ...

im curious as i would be interested in those bins for linux ...

#crysx

Of course they would. Did Quark, too.

ok then ... im interested ...

what do you have? ...

#crysx

Lemme finish stability testing and tweaks + measurements - I'll post results.

that would be great ...

bed time for me now ...

tanx ...

#crysx
legendary

most i get is around 6.5MH at 1100/1500 gigabyte 280x oc cards and gigabyte 7970 oc cards - which are almost exactly the same cards anyway ...

#crysx

I thought they did 6.8MH/s at around 1200/1600. Anyways, I took my old X11 code, and rewrote parts for 15.7 drivers. 280X now does over 7MH/s at 1175/1600.

Screenshot of new speeds on new drivers (nsfw): https://ottrbutt.com/miner/x11localrigwolf-07282015.png

EDIT: Correction - 950W at the wall. Some cards are overvolted, and there's an FX-8370 in there, too.

ok - so stock cards with no overvolting or playing with firmware would still be able to bring a higher hashrate? ...

#crysx

Of course they would. Did Quark, too.

ok then ... im interested ...

what do you have? ...

#crysx
legendary

#crysx
legendary

#crysx

#crysx
Activity: 229
I have to dll 15.7 drivers sgminer 5.1 collapsing. Is there a solution?
sp_
legendary
Activity: 2926
Merit: 1087
Team Black developer

legendary

#crysx
It is the middle of summer where I am.  Lately it has been >90F and very humid.  I would not mind telling everyone how I am getting these numbers, but to be honest...I just recently got into mining (literally about 4 days ago).  And, at the time I was rummaging around for software to hash quickly, the thought of logging exactly what i am using, and from where never occurred to me.  With all the new "toys" to play with, I just never put any thought into it.

Just for the sake of interest, in case anyone is, the air-cooling is the stock cooling on the XFX r9 290A EDBD.  It is my main video card, which I use to drive a 4k display while I work/play.  I get those numbers (hash rate and temp) while I am doing stuff on my computer, not just with it sitting idle. 

legendary
Maybe this seems a bit out of place, but what the heck.

I am running a single r9 290 grinding out x11.  I am getting a stable 6.4+ Mh/s at a stable temp of 58C (air cooled).  And, I am running with a -38 (negative 38) power limit.  Basically, 6.4Mh/s, air-cooled, running cold, with low power consumption.

No, it isn't the fastest, but I am thinking it is pretty good.

it is - we get the same results using wolfs bins under linux ...

but our temps are no where near as cool as yours are ...

#crysx
Maybe this seems a bit out of place, but what the heck.

I am running a single r9 290 grinding out x11.  I am getting a stable 6.4+ Mh/s at a stable temp of 58C (air cooled).  And, I am running with a -38 (negative 38) power limit.  Basically, 6.4Mh/s, air-cooled, running cold, with low power consumption.

No, it isn't the fastest, but I am thinking it is pretty good.
Activity: 547
Merit: 250
Activity: 169

Also, as always... Please compare us with other X11 multipools on poolpicker.eu

The things are looking pretty good:

There are quite a few nice posts in our BTC and DASH threads and you can see by payouts that the number of miners is increasing.

We have about 2GH of X11 hashrate currently. And are welcoming new miners, please join us!

How is poolpicker getting their btc/mhs number?  You're the only one who knows the hashrate. Are they guessing their speed based on wolf0's bins?
legendary
Activity: 885
Merit: 1006
NiceHash.com
Hi,

If anyone is interested, there is a 4 BTC AntMiner firmware job posted: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/5-btc-antminer-firmware-job-1134751

Kind regards,
NiceHash
legendary
Activity: 1094
Merit: 1000
2 dashminer

With amd 290 and quark performance near 15mhs (that is real with kachur miner) you'll get 0.006 btc per day on nicehash. The pool with clear stats, reputation and payout in btc. You'll need to pay near 0.008 btc per amd290 to get miners )))
And i'm sure your miner is not fastest in x11 algo )))

2 rednoW

Looks like the SAK price is sinking, and I think you probably cannot get 0.006 BTC per amd 290 anymore.

* dashminer.com gained some reputation in the last few weeks. At least now we have 16 BTC and 21 DASH miners.
* We have BTC and DASH payouts
* Our stats is clear [though relatively simple]

We pay 0.4 DASH per AMD R9 290* per day. That is about 0.0052 BTC per day. I think it is quite hard to beat this offer.
*R9 280X / 7970 is about 0.34 DASH per day [0.00425 BTC per day]
*7950 is about 0.28 DASH per day [0.00350 BTC per day]
*270X is about 0.17 DASH per day [0.00213 BTC per day]

Miners, please join our pool and enjoy simplicity and good payout.

PS: We removed the "double payouts" bonus and increased the base payout to "0.35 DASH per 100% + daily bonus". Daily bonus depends on pool luck and exchange prices.
I tried your pool yesterday with one of my rigs 5x280x , You have great service and it's stable.But still Quark(SAK) have much more income,and you decrease 0.35DASh+bonus from 0.4DASH .Quick compare  Ffpool.net last 1 hour 0.4228 mBTC/Mh/d  .Still too much difference.

thats what we saw as far as comparison to quark mining is concerned ...

but i would like to test this system and see how it goes on a small level ...

your machine would process quark quite nicely - as our other 4 and 5 card systems in the farm ...

will see what happens ... its just a pity we cant seem to oc via commandline using this fork of sgminer ...

#crysx

dashminer - the test machine has been running for over 12hours now ( almost 24hours ) and it has been running smoothly with the mining ...

i have however - seen that there is no dash payments that have been distributed as of yet ... coins mined - but no coins deposited ...

ill be taking the miner off now - as the payments are questionable for the time being ...

http://sf.dashminer.com/?user=XsfQQX8dnf6UfSqqn7pPwADiAbhE56cYXZ_test ...

the apparent payment of 0.31148136dash ( with the current round 0.13274545 at the moment of writing ) is showing on your site - but not in the deposit address ... there are no specifics with regards to the transactions - where we can locate them on the blockchain ... clicking the stats and highlighted links of the stats just sends us to your twitter page ... am i not seeing where you show the transaction and payout list ( like nicehash has - underneath the mining graphs ) ... or am i just being impatient - as i can be at times Smiley ...

once again - at the risk of sounding like a broken record here - transparency in ALL areas ( especially payments and statistics on payments - again like nicehash have ) are very important in such cases ...

we wont be putting the rest of the farm on your mining site due to this ... now reverting back to the sgminer-dev miner ...

i know this is the wrong place to put these results as WE see them - but its just a response to what we have experienced ...

tanx for letting us try your site ...

edit - how funny ... within a few minutes of posting this message - the deposit of a total of 0.35508875dash was made ...

so obviously it was my impatience that was the factor here ...

even so - i could not track anything regarding payments via the website and / or blockchain and is quite disconcerting when we are trying to factor in the question of whether it is worth it to mine on your site ... seems it just may be worth mining ... even if the price of dash has taken a dive ... it means that mining and dash payments do go through - and without too much delay - as long as you are not impatient like i am about it Smiley ...

that would be a good thing if we could track all of it via the blockchain though ...

tanx again ...

#crysx
so now you want a non anonymous dash  Grin

hahaha - funny djm ...

no - i just want to be able to SEE whether my payments are coming through - thats all ...

this site has NO way of showing that the payments have gone through - none ... even a small indication would have sufficed ...

even if it was done privately via a notification by the site and to myself Wink ...

#crysx

Hi crysx!

Sorry for now answering earlier. Please post questions / concerns to dashminer.com thread.

I am sorry that is was not clear where to check the payouts and now the links are on the website and in the web statistics as well.

We're posting BTC payouts to out BTC thread and DASH payouts to our DASH thread.
There we have all the details, just see today's payment below:

24-07-2015 payout hash is 3c0a05c81661894a715ea9f83c02145b7fb182dae1dd912b7f57f5c6f7993c34 .  0.003825 BTC per 100% (0.26 DASH base + 15% daily bonus at 0.01279243 DASH/BTC exchange rate). $1.098 USD per 100% (287.14 BTC/USD exchange rate).

Also, as always... Please compare us with other X11 multipools on poolpicker.eu

The things are looking pretty good:

There are quite a few nice posts in our BTC and DASH threads and you can see by payouts that the number of miners is increasing.

We have about 2GH of X11 hashrate currently. And are welcoming new miners, please join us!
Pages:
Jump to: