Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] sgminer v5 - optimized X11/X13/NeoScrypt/Lyra2RE/etc. kernel-switch miner - page 52. (Read 877844 times)

lbr
Activity: 423
Merit: 254
I'm mining now at 7.25Mhs for my 280x's on the newer bin. Only problem is there is no temperature monitoring displaying in the miner.

Any solution? Win 7 64 with 15.7 drivers

1) Use VNC or TV instead of Remote Desktop
2) Something is wrong with the drivers
legendary
Activity: 2870
Merit: 1091
--- ChainWorks Industries ---
jjjordan clear stated that he was able to run on linux with kachur x11 bin.

yes - but how ...

its always nice to say you can do one thing or another - but a completely different thing when you can describe exactly how it was done ... especially on a step by step basis ...

i cant find anywhere ( or maybe i have missed it somewhere ) as to HOW it was done ...

if man can go to the moon - and you want to do it again - you need to know HOW ...

and further to that ... where do you get the software? ... source? ...

is all im asking Smiley ...

#crysx
Activity: 212
Merit: 100
I'm mining now at 7.25Mhs for my 280x's on the newer bin. Only problem is there is no temperature monitoring displaying in the miner.

Any solution? Win 7 64 with 15.7 drivers

legendary
Activity: 1510
Merit: 1003
jjjordan clear stated that he was able to run on linux with kachur x11 bin.
sp_
legendary
Activity: 2926
Merit: 1087
Team Black developer
Rednow compiled the latest opensource sgminer 32bit version, and it works with the new russian x11 bin in windows so it might work in 32bit linux.

Quark and qubit needs a modified sgminer to work.
legendary
Activity: 1050
Merit: 1293
Huh?
Just tested the kachur bins. I get an impressive 7.5 mhash on the gigabyte windforce r9 280x on factory clocks. This is around 1MHASH bether than the wolf0's bin. I also use his build of sgminer(exe) and the latest 15.6 beta driver.

Where did you download his sgminer from?

NM, saw your earlier post.

Do you know if it works on the recently released AMD GPU drivers?(15.7)

ok - so windows only ...

just tried the bins in linux and it just doesnt work ...

if someone would care to share HOW they got it to work in linux - and WHERE we can get the bins and miner for linux - that would be great ...

and i would be very thankful Wink ...

#crysx

Don't think anyone got them to work on a unix system.

I could take a look but can't promise anything.
legendary
Been a while since i mined an x-11 coin. What is the most optimized version you can get? I was using aznboy84s or something like that and it was pretty good.

depends on whether you use linux or windows by the looks of it ...

linux - the latest compiled sgminer-dev with wolfs binaries ...

windows - the latest russian miner with the russian optimized bins ...

at least - thats what it seems to be ...

its done my head in ... Tongue ...

#crysx
Activity: 140
★YoBit.Net★ 100+ Coins Exchange & Dice
Been a while since i mined an x-11 coin. What is the most optimized version you can get? I was using aznboy84s or something like that and it was pretty good.
legendary
seems you boys are still arm wrestling .... lol

i bet wolf and maybe a few others still have some tricks up their sleeve

there would be quite a bit to optimize with x11 i believe ...

but they would be much more difficult to get and would take a great deal more time than when originally doen ... so the question would be more - is it worth it for the devs ( like wolf ) to take the time out and do it ...

i guess the answer would really only be one ... yes - if someone paid enough for it Smiley ...

as for the arm wrestling - damn right Smiley ...

with one or two cards - its not a great bonus to have another 1MH increase ... to a farm like ours - thats HUGE ...

#crysx
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018
It's about time -- All merrit accepted !!!
seems you boys are still arm wrestling .... lol

i bet wolf and maybe a few others still have some tricks up their sleeve
legendary
Just tested the kachur bins. I get an impressive 7.5 mhash on the gigabyte windforce r9 280x on factory clocks. This is around 1MHASH bether than the wolf0's bin. I also use his build of sgminer(exe) and the latest 15.6 beta driver.

ok - so windows only ...

just tried the bins in linux and it just doesnt work ...

if someone would care to share HOW they got it to work in linux - and WHERE we can get the bins and miner for linux - that would be great ...

and i would be very thankful Wink ...

#crysx
Activity: 196
for r9 270x -> work
I think for 280x too
Activity: 212

Activity: 96
Merit: 10

Is there a Linux build of that sgminer?
sp_
legendary
Activity: 2926
Merit: 1087
Team Black developer
legendary
To hide optimization tricks from competing mining kernel developers.
So, all thisknown to general public bins have  ~same hashrate.
Close source... and who win?
I don't have X11 kernel, didn't disassemble those kernels, and sometime all the optimization work for X11 have to be re-done from scratch - without even reading cl sources from other people. Seems Dash users are the winners in this situation. Or may be big farms with private kernels. Wink

will be testing in the next 24-48 hours with this ...

too much on my plate at the moment - with travel - lawyers - etc ...

seems that the confusion here is not that wolfs bins work or not under linux or windows ...

that is NOT the question or the issue ...

it is whether the 'russian' bins that are being distributed work under linux and windows - or not ...

i call them the 'russian' bins to differentiate them from wolfs bins ... they may not have originated from the the russian miners ...

but as i understand it - they ARE the russian dev 'kachur' bins - and he has stated that there is more than just bins that were changed ... you actually need his miner as well ...

i KNOW wolfs bins work - we have them working in linux - and other people have them working in widows ...

#crysx
legendary
Activity: 1050
Merit: 1293
Huh?
Eliovp, Wolf0, why you share bins, but not share kernel?
I don`t understand. Please, explain.
To hide optimization tricks from competing mining kernel developers. Correct Or to compile with good driver version and allow users to run the kernel without worrying about it. Somehow also correct. Or to pack everything into single exe file. I don't compile for Windows. Wolf's an expert at that. + you can run the fiji binary i shared on a windows compiled sgminer without any issues. As long as there's nothing else modded than the .cl file everything will run smoothly.

Activity: 524
Merit: 500
So, all thisknown to general public bins have  ~same hashrate.
I don't have X11 kernel, didn't disassemble those kernels, and sometime all the optimization work for X11 have to be re-done from scratch - without even reading cl sources from other people. Seems Dash users are the winners in this situation. Or may be big farms with private kernels. Wink

Activity: 196
So, all this bins have  ~same hashrate.
Activity: 524
Merit: 500
Eliovp, Wolf0, why you share bins, but not share kernel?
I don`t understand. Please, explain.
To hide optimization tricks from competing mining kernel developers. Or to compile with good driver version and allow users to run the kernel without worrying about it. Or to pack everything into single exe file.
Pages:
Jump to: