Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] sgminer v5 - optimized X11/X13/NeoScrypt/Lyra2RE/etc. kernel-switch miner - page 51. (Read 877844 times)

legendary
Activity: 2870
Merit: 1091
--- ChainWorks Industries ---
jjjordan clear stated that he was able to run on linux with kachur x11 bin.

yes - but how ...
its always nice to say you can do one thing or another - but a completely different thing when you can describe exactly how it was done ... especially on a step by step basis ...
i cant find anywhere ( or maybe i have missed it somewhere ) as to HOW it was done ...
if man can go to the moon - and you want to do it again - you need to know HOW ...
and further to that ... where do you get the software? ... source? ...
is all im asking Smiley ...

#crysx

For Crysx:
1. Instal Pimp 1.6.0 (14.9 drivers) (http://www.getpimp.org/downloads/pimp-amd/pimp-amd-1-6-0.html)
2. update sgminer using pimpupdate
3. use your conf file to start mining (generate bins)
4. replace the bins with the ones rednoW shared (kachur)
Wink

tanx a heap for that also ...

this confirms that it IS the 32bit version that is required to get those binaries running ...

time to play with pimp i think Wink ...

#crysx
legendary
Just tested the kachur bins. I get an impressive 7.5 mhash on the gigabyte windforce r9 280x on factory clocks. This is around 1MHASH bether than the wolf0's bin. I also use his build of sgminer(exe) and the latest 15.6 beta driver.

Where did you download his sgminer from?

NM, saw your earlier post.

Do you know if it works on the recently released AMD GPU drivers?(15.7)

ok - so windows only ...

just tried the bins in linux and it just doesnt work ...

if someone would care to share HOW they got it to work in linux - and WHERE we can get the bins and miner for linux - that would be great ...

and i would be very thankful Wink ...

#crysx

I tested the binary on a unix system with 3 Fury's.

With my own mod i get around 11+ Mhz and a nice sharerate.

With this binary i get a very nice hashrate but 0 shares.

Picture

Someone knows R9 390/390x 8gb hashrates?

should be the same as 290/290x, except for scrypt-(|n|jane) where the additional ram may come in handy.

Correct, i have a 390x and it's doing exactly the same as my 290X's (also with 8GB mem)

Greetings

tanx for the figures ...

so HOW did you do it? ...

did you just copy the bins and rename them? ... did you have to rewrite certain parts of the code? ... did you do a jig ontop of a stadium for the gods to bestow special powers upon you? ...

its the how that gets me mate ... not just the end result ...

i do understand you stated 'with my own mod' - but what mod? ...

unless you are not willing to share of course - then that just defuncts my statement - but not my question of HOW Wink ...

#crysx

Crysx,

I did in fact copy the Tahiti bin and rename it. I have done this for Quark and that worked fine.

I didn't rewrite anything Smiley

This is the mod: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.11880191

But now knowing that i could easily manage to get over 14Mhz with my Fury's, than my mod isn't that special :p
I also released a binary a few posts back in this thread for those with Fiji cards.

Of course i'm willing to share, i don't mind Smiley

The how isn't important here, it's more the "did it even work" part.. which it didn't really.
As you can see in my previous post, no shares. A decent hashrate, but no shares.
Same settings, but then with my own mod, 11Mhz+ and a very decent hashrate Smiley

Greetings

tanx for that ...

so i can safely assume that it was the 32bit version that you used? ...

and with sgminer 4.2.2 not the latest 5.1.1-19-g8bf1 ...

#crysx
Activity: 212
Merit: 100
no it is not, you have to change clock down a little on gpu or find sweet spot and it is work without any problem Smiley

Yeah, probably, just too lazy to do that at the moment and want my old settings to just "work" Tongue

Activity: 37
Merit: 0
no it is not, you have to change clock down a little on gpu or find sweet spot and it is work without any problem Smiley
anyone notice that mining with Kachur bins are a little more unstable? I regularly get slowed up workers. My 280X goes from 7.25Mhs and reverts back to only mining at 6.3Mhs. Driver's crashing etc, whereas on wolf's bins I never had one driver crash.

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.11911949

Yeah, exactly that. It's a pain XD.
Activity: 935
Merit: 1001
I don't always drink...
anyone notice that mining with Kachur bins are a little more unstable? I regularly get slowed up workers. My 280X goes from 7.25Mhs and reverts back to only mining at 6.3Mhs. Driver's crashing etc, whereas on wolf's bins I never had one driver crash.

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.11911949
Activity: 271
Merit: 251
jjjordan clear stated that he was able to run on linux with kachur x11 bin.

yes - but how ...
its always nice to say you can do one thing or another - but a completely different thing when you can describe exactly how it was done ... especially on a step by step basis ...
i cant find anywhere ( or maybe i have missed it somewhere ) as to HOW it was done ...
if man can go to the moon - and you want to do it again - you need to know HOW ...
and further to that ... where do you get the software? ... source? ...
is all im asking Smiley ...

#crysx

For Crysx:
1. Instal Pimp 1.6.0 (14.9 drivers) (http://www.getpimp.org/downloads/pimp-amd/pimp-amd-1-6-0.html)
2. update sgminer using pimpupdate
3. use your conf file to start mining (generate bins)
4. replace the bins with the ones rednoW shared (kachur)
Wink
Activity: 82
Merit: 10
Any new hash rate for 280x, 290, 290x ? QUARK ALGO
I m get
280x- 12 mh
290- 14mh
290x- 16 mh

What miner/bins/kernel are you using?

sgminer-5-1-1-quark-qubit

legendary
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1006
I m get
280x- 12 mh
290- 14mh
290x- 16 mh

What miner/bins/kernel are you using?
I'm mining now at 7.25Mhs for my 280x's on the newer bin. Only problem is there is no temperature monitoring displaying in the miner.

Any solution? Win 7 64 with 15.7 drivers

1) Use VNC or TV instead of Remote Desktop
2) Something is wrong with the drivers

I use Teamviewer. I think I'll try the 15.6 beta drivers and see if it works better.
Activity: 82
Merit: 10
I m get
280x- 12 mh
290- 14mh
290x- 16 mh
legendary
Activity: 1050
Merit: 1293
Huh?
Just tested the kachur bins. I get an impressive 7.5 mhash on the gigabyte windforce r9 280x on factory clocks. This is around 1MHASH bether than the wolf0's bin. I also use his build of sgminer(exe) and the latest 15.6 beta driver.

ok - so windows only ...

if someone would care to share HOW they got it to work in linux - and WHERE we can get the bins and miner for linux - that would be great ...

#crysx

Picture

should be the same as 290/290x, except for scrypt-(|n|jane) where the additional ram may come in handy.

Correct, i have a 390x and it's doing exactly the same as my 290X's (also with 8GB mem)

Greetings

tanx for the figures ...

did you just copy the bins and rename them? ... did you have to rewrite certain parts of the code? ... did you do a jig ontop of a stadium for the gods to bestow special powers upon you? ...

unless you are not willing to share of course - then that just defuncts my statement - but not my question of HOW Wink ...

#crysx

Crysx,

I did in fact copy the Tahiti bin and rename it. I have done this for Quark and that worked fine.

I didn't rewrite anything Smiley

This is the mod: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.11880191

But now knowing that i could easily manage to get over 14Mhz with my Fury's, than my mod isn't that special :p
I also released a binary a few posts back in this thread for those with Fiji cards.

Of course i'm willing to share, i don't mind Smiley

The how isn't important here, it's more the "did it even work" part.. which it didn't really.
As you can see in my previous post, no shares. A decent hashrate, but no shares.
Same settings, but then with my own mod, 11Mhz+ and a very decent hashrate Smiley

Greetings
legendary

ok - so windows only ...

#crysx

Picture

Greetings

tanx for the figures ...

#crysx
legendary
Activity: 1050
Merit: 1293
Huh?

ok - so windows only ...

#crysx

Picture

Greetings
legendary
Activity: 2716
Merit: 1094
Black Belt Developer

Activity: 732
Merit: 500
legendary
Activity: 1400
Merit: 1050
hmmm there was a post regarding some changes in updating the difficulty from pool for sgminer.
Is this on this thread ? Can't find it...
here you are https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.11903806
ok thanks, will see if it improves things
legendary
Activity: 1510
Merit: 1003
hmmm there was a post regarding some changes in updating the difficulty from pool for sgminer.
here you are https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.11903806
legendary
Activity: 1400
Merit: 1050
Pages:
Jump to: