Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] sgminer v5 - optimized X11/X13/NeoScrypt/Lyra2RE/etc. kernel-switch miner - page 58. (Read 877844 times)

Activity: 51
Merit: 0
Hi Wolf, as far as i can see new generation of AMD cards (R9 380) already in all shops. Looking around the forum i could see that hashing result for this model is ~3 mh\s (x11) seems like it's too low.
do you have any results for this card of your private miner in x11 algo?

just interesting of buying this cards and (if you have good results) your miner as well.

Thanks.
Activity: 896
Merit: 1000
Hi guys can someone tell me how much a 7950 OC Vapor-X hash in quark and x11 wolf's version.

Thx in advance

clock for clock, that will be 7/8 of 7970/280X.
Activity: 519
Merit: 250
Hi guys can someone tell me how much a 7950 OC Vapor-X hash in quark and x11 wolf's version.

Thx in advance
Activity: 546
Merit: 500
ANY prepared profit switching CONFIG FILE FOR miningpoolhub.com ? i couldn't write these command lines .
Activity: 672
Merit: 500
How does the nvidia version avoid using global ram?
There are two possibilities. At the bottom, they use proper SIMD programming. Just open some random Cuda kernel and you'll notice their scan hash is sometimes 2D. This allows them to sum the amount of registers and fill the worksize more effectively as multiple WIs are used on the same hash.

The other point is that NV exposes SIMD shuffle in Cuda (being device-specific). OpenCL tries to be device-independent and therefore has no SIMD shuffle (CL2 has some basic shuffle functionality but still lacks full shuffle). AMD driver team is either too busy fixing bugs or improving perf on the game of the month so they couldn't be bothered in providing CL_AMD_GCN_SIMD_shuffle.
legendary
Activity: 2716
Merit: 1094
Black Belt Developer
please run whirlpoolx, groestl and sia (maybe keccak) on them and let us know :-)

Look on the bright side.

The pallas moded lyra2re was 57% faster on the furyx.  

From 287 KHS 450 KHS  Grin

Djm34's private NVIDIA kernal does 3.2MHASH on the 780ti (11 times faster than the sgminer opensource furyx kernal)

Cause it doesn't use global.

I've tried hard to avoid using global ram (actually most of it is probably cached) but failed.
Tried using local ram but it was slower (you need a very little worksize in order to fit).
Probably there is a way to reduce memory usage and fit it in the registers or in local ram, but I haven't dedicated any more time to it (there was very little interest back then).
How does the nvidia version avoid using global ram?
sp_
legendary
Activity: 2926
Merit: 1087
Team Black developer
please run whirlpoolx, groestl and sia (maybe keccak) on them and let us know :-)

Look on the bright side.

The pallas moded lyra2re was 57% faster on the furyx.  

From 287 KHS 450 KHS  Grin

Djm34's private NVIDIA kernal does 3.2MHASH on the 780ti (11 times faster than the sgminer opensource furyx kernal)
legendary
Activity: 2716
Merit: 1094
Black Belt Developer
I don't have the sourcecode. The precompiled binaries are compiled and optimized for the 280x..

Without the sourcecode of the fastest miners, the R9 furyx is performing a bit worse than a R9 280x.

Read more here:

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/deleted-1091591

first results with the opensource miner (source cryptomining blog)

AMD Radeon R9 Fury X Results:
– X11 default: 6.778 MHS
– X13 default: 5.614 MHS
– X15 default: 4.69 MHS
– Neoscrypt default: 147 KHS
– Lyra2RE default: 287 KHS
– Lyra2RE Pallas Mod: 450 KHS

Can't wait for my Fury X.

sp_
legendary
Team Black developer
I don't have the sourcecode. The precompiled binaries are compiled and optimized for the 280x..

Without the sourcecode of the fastest miners, the R9 furyx is performing a bit worse than a R9 280x.

Read more here:

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/deleted-1091591

first results with the opensource miner (source cryptomining blog)

AMD Radeon R9 Fury X Results (sgminer opensource):
– X11 default: 6.778 MHS
– X13 default: 5.614 MHS
– X15 default: 4.69 MHS
– Neoscrypt default: 147 KHS
– Lyra2RE default: 287 KHS
– Lyra2RE Pallas Mod: 450 KHS
Just got the modded qubit and tahiti-bin kernal(russian?) to work on the hawaii chipset.(390x etc)

with -X 512:

On the 290:

quark: 13.45 MHASH
qubit:  13.12 MHASH

So the speed is not faster than 280X?
sp_
legendary
Team Black developer
Just got the modded qubit and tahiti-bin kernal(russian?) to work on the hawaii chipset.(390x etc)

with -X 512:

On the 290:

quark: 13.45 MHASH
qubit:  13.12 MHASH
Activity: 98
Merit: 10
Its fake  hashrate. Adding a few arguments to sgminer we can get +5MH, but our WU will be same as with 10MH per card

If you mean the image that I have and that fake say, i will tell you that talking nonsense !!! Hashrate is completely true and I can prove it with other photos from Nicehash !!! I would not argue with any nonsense!
Cheers!  Wink

p.s. Would you showed your "real" values of hashrate and WU Huh

It is not fake.

When I use xI=512 instead of xI=2048, the accepted hash rate is the same at the pool, but locally, hash rate for xI=2048 is higher than xI=512, and use more power.

+1
payment of the pool corresponds to this hashrate
Activity: 406
Its fake  hashrate. Adding a few arguments to sgminer we can get +5MH, but our WU will be same as with 10MH per card

If you mean the image that I have and that fake say, i will tell you that talking nonsense !!! Hashrate is completely true and I can prove it with other photos from Nicehash !!! I would not argue with any nonsense!
Cheers!  Wink

It is not fake.

When I use xI=512 instead of xI=2048, the accepted hash rate is the same at the pool, but locally, hash rate for xI=2048 is higher than xI=512, and use more power.
Activity: 425

Cheers!  Wink

Activity: 264
Merit: 101
Its fake  hashrate. Adding a few arguments to sgminer we can get +5MH, but our WU will be same as with 10MH per card
legendary
Activity: 2870
Merit: 1091
--- ChainWorks Industries ---
Hows your speed with quark and qubit with 280x
get 13 Mhs
is thats good enough

13MHs is good that even a bit! This is one of my 280x machines!

how are you guys getting those hashrates? ...

#crysx

Russian miner.

ok - tanx wolf ...

so windows only ...

no tanx ...

#crysx
legendary
Activity: 2870
Merit: 1091
--- ChainWorks Industries ---
get 13 Mhs
is thats good enough

how are you guys getting those hashrates? ...

#crysx
Activity: 425
get 13 Mhs
is thats good enough

get 13 Mhs
is thats good enough

It is good.
Activity: 347
Merit: 100
get 13 Mhs
is thats good enough
Pages: