Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] sgminer v5 - optimized X11/X13/NeoScrypt/Lyra2RE/etc. kernel-switch miner - page 89. (Read 877846 times)

Activity: 81
Merit: 1002
It was only the wind.
Hey, so i started testing neoscrypt configs, but i have no idea what i am aiming for.
Can anyone share what is the most you can get from 7950 ? I am getting around 220kh/s. Is that good ? can i get more then that ?

Cheers

Looks like you can get a little more.. 

http://hw.neoscrypt.tk/index.php

I actually got them up to 260 but i am still wondering if i can get more out of them. I am using sgminer5.1-dev

I would like to know what is the best some one got out of this cards or from any cards actually.
I mean any optimized hidden super secret kernel etc Smiley
Just wondering what is the max at this moment.

Around 600kh/s out of 290X.
Activity: 82
Merit: 10
Does anyone know of a guide to get the increased x11 miner onto PIMP?.

I think it involves Wolf0 bins but I am pretty noob.

http://www.reddit.com/r/DRKCoin/comments/2o1yoz/rewritten_x11_binaries/
Activity: 700
Merit: 250
Does anyone know of a guide to get the increased x11 miner onto PIMP?.

I think it involves Wolf0 bins but I am pretty noob.

Activity: 125
Merit: 100
Activity: 619
Merit: 500
For those interested in mining Qubit algorithm coins (GeoCoin, etc.) on NiceHash/WestHash: Qubit algorithm has been added

You can download sgminer with Qubit support here:

https://www.nicehash.com/index.jsp?p=software#sgminer

MULTIALGO note:
Qubit is disabled on multilago by default (transition will probably take a while). But nevertheless if you want to use multialgo you can still use it by manually adding Qubit factor to your pool's password setting, for example:

"pass" : "f0=0;f2=0;f3=8.5;f4=4.5;f5=500;f6=3.5;f7=14;f8=0.35;f9=1.25;f10=135;f11=6.5",

(as always, remember to add this to ALL your NiceHash/WestHash pools entries, not only for the new Qubit entry).

Yays! I gots a Qubit (NSFW): https://ottrbutt.com/miner/qubitwolf-02172015.png
Great
Activity: 11
Merit: 0
For those interested in mining Qubit algorithm coins (GeoCoin, etc.) on NiceHash/WestHash: Qubit algorithm has been added

MULTIALGO note:
Qubit is disabled on multilago by default (transition will probably take a while). But nevertheless if you want to use multialgo you can still use it by manually adding Qubit factor to your pool's password setting, for example:

"pass" : "f0=0;f2=0;f3=8.5;f4=4.5;f5=500;f6=3.5;f7=14;f8=0.35;f9=1.25;f10=135;f11=6.5",

(as always, remember to add this to ALL your NiceHash/WestHash pools entries, not only for the new Qubit entry).

Yays! I gots a Qubit (NSFW): https://ottrbutt.com/miner/qubitwolf-02172015.png

WOW!!! Wolf!!!

Could you share the bin? ~~~~~~~~ Wink
Activity: 935
Merit: 1001
I don't always drink...
Please write example config for Qubit Huh

for HD7970, R280X:

{
  "pools": [
    {
      "name": "Qubit",
      "nfactor": "10",
      "algorithm": "qubitcoin",
      "url": "URL",
      "user": "USER",
      "pass": "PASSWORD"
    }
  ],
  "difficulty-multiplier": "256",
  "intensity": "20",
  "gpu-engine": "1100",
  "gpu-fan": "50-85",
  "gpu-memclock": "1500",
  "gpu-powertune": "0",
  "worksize": "256",
  "temp-cutoff": "90",
  "temp-overheat": "82",
  "temp-target": "72",
  "auto-fan": true,
  "gpu-threads": "1",
  "gpu-platform": "0",
  "gpu-dyninterval": "7",
  "expiry": "120",
  "scan-time": "1",
  "gpu-reorder": true,
  "no-submit-stale": true
}
Activity: 125
Merit: 100
Please write example config for Qubit Huh
legendary
Activity: 2716
Merit: 1094
Black Belt Developer
Just a quick note, to my surprise I noticed that my current sgminer already supports Qubit. It seems it has been there for a long time, much older algo than Lyra or WhirlpoolX.

So it's very likely that users don't need to download anything, just do the necessary config changes to activate Qubit.

I think it's been there since the phm's sph-sgminer times :-)
Activity: 57
Just a quick note, to my surprise I noticed that my current sgminer already supports Qubit. It seems it has been there for a long time, much older algo than Lyra or WhirlpoolX.

So it's very likely that users don't need to download anything, just do the necessary config changes to activate Qubit.
legendary
Activity: 885
Merit: 1006
NiceHash.com

MULTIALGO note:

legendary
Activity: 1274
Can anyone provide a link/chart or calculator, where I can check hash speeds for different algos.
For example: 5 MH/s on x11 = _____ on scrypt/x13/x15...

https://www.nicehash.com/index.jsp?p=multialgo

Here you can see the example ratios that Nicehash uses.. X11 factor 5.5 means it is 5.5*scrypt speed, so if you have 800kH/s for scrypt, you should get 5.5*800= 4400kh/s for X11.

Note that these ratios are based on the kernels included with sgminer. If you use custom X kernels from Wolf, you will get higher hashrates.

Thank you sir, this is what I was looking for Smiley
It was only the wind.
Any suggestions for my 290x Neoscrypt settings? Not sure what I am doing wrong to get such crap results. Also how are my 7970/7950 speeds? Running sgminer 5.1.0-dev. Maybe I am using a crap bin or neoscrypt.cl?

290x = 291kh/s (1100mhz core / 1450mhz memory)
--thread-concurrency 8192 -I 13 -g 2 --worksize 96

7970 = 322kh/s (1100mhz core / 1600mhz memory)
7950 = 272kh/s (1000mhz core / 1500mhz memory)
--thread-concurrency 8192 --xintensity 3 -g 2 --worksize 64

I seem to get great results if using xI of 3 or 2 without using TC and a worksize of 64, but I get constant HW errors. As soon as I add TC then no more HW errors, but speeds drop hard.

That's pretty good for the stock miner.

Really? 7970 outpacing the 290x. Sucks for me at least it seems that Neoscrypt is dying off in terms of profitability so hopefully x11 or x13 go back up.

290X can get a little higher, but not much more than the 7970.

Any suggestions on settings?

for your 290x try thread concurrency of 16384, xintensity of 3, 2 threads, and worksize 64.  I get more than 300 kh/s with those settings with a reference 290x at stock clocks (1000/1250).  I'm interested to see what you get. 

281kh/s. It went down from my previous settings.

Well I tried your settings and a bunch of others and I can't seem to break 307 with stock clocks.  Which confirms what wolf0 and zuikkis and damm315er alluded to, there is a big bottleneck in the kernel. 

Wolf0 and Zuikkis, after your kernel optimizations did you have to make significant changes in your config or is it pretty much the same?

Also what is up with Work Utility?  It varies so much depending on what is in the config.

I think it's mostly the same, but I don't remember.
Activity: 57
Can anyone provide a link/chart or calculator, where I can check hash speeds for different algos.

https://www.nicehash.com/index.jsp?p=multialgo

Here you can see the example ratios that Nicehash uses.. X11 factor 5.5 means it is 5.5*scrypt speed, so if you have 800kH/s for scrypt, you should get 5.5*800= 4400kh/s for X11.

Note that these ratios are based on the kernels included with sgminer. If you use custom X kernels from Wolf, you will get higher hashrates.

legendary
Activity: 93
Merit: 11
I can't seem to be able to change voltages on my Sapphire r290xs/r290s via config file in order for SGminer to automatically change clocks/voltages when switching kernel.  I'm using the following switch: "gpu-vddc" : "1.25"  and would like to add that I can change voltages in Afterburner just fine. 

Thanks in advance for any input!

This is a problem with the AMD drivers. Voltage changing does not work on any gpu. It has probably worked at some point, perhaps in the 12.x catalyst.. But does not work in any 13.x or 14.x driver.

Afterburner talks with the hardware directly, bypassing the AMD drivers. This is not very clean, but seems to work fine.

I can't seem to be able to change voltages on my Sapphire r290xs/r290s via config file in order for SGminer to automatically change clocks/voltages when switching kernel.  I'm using the following switch: "gpu-vddc" : "1.25"  and would like to add that I can change voltages in Afterburner just fine. 

Thanks in advance for any input!

this is normal sgminer+some cards "feature", i use afterburner as well

Thanks for your advice guys, you spared me more time than I care to mention attempting to get this to finally work. 

Please post a solution given one arises.
legendary
how much hash speed diffeerence is between r9280x and r9280?
Activity: 528
My PC is Windows8 with graphics card intel 2500, cpuminer could not be opened. please help me

What Miner ??
It was only the wind.
I get nothing but HW errors when I restructure SMix.  No doubt I have something wrong.

No, that's the compiler's fuckup. You can't really restructure it.
Activity: 528
Maybe if someone sings Wolf a pretty song Tongue

LOL ,,, would you give away your wages if someone ruined  a pretty song for you ?
Pages:
Jump to: