Author

Topic: [ANN] Sia - Decentralized Storage - page 154. (Read 1382198 times)

Activity: 422
Merit: 270
December 09, 2017, 03:03:50 PM
Alright, if so then this coin was also just a target of too early speculation as many in the space are. What features are you referring too? I thought that the SIA platform was already up and running for some time isnt it?
But in general I stick with my statement, marketing is key in this space, it has become more important than being able to deliver on your promises, therefore if you dont do it, other projects will have an advantage over you, even if your project has better features etc. I think one should not underestimate this in the current times.

Yes, the network is already working, and currently 3300 Terabytes of storage are available of which 100 are in use.

The problem is that the part of the code for renters needs to be optimized, to improve speed, scalability (currently renters can't upload more than 5TB) reliability and the ability to recover your files just with your recovery seed. All those items are in the roadmap, and actually the next version 1.3.1 that is about to be released on the next days will be a huge step forward in that direction.

Yup, at least that, to keep investors on track so that they dont loose faith after loosing a lot of money while holding on to SIA. Some regular updates here from the devs would really do good as well.

The developers are being extremely transparent writing weekly reports about the development of Sia and other regular updates. Just check the #announcements channel on the Discord of Sia or the official Reddit

Can I run the forked client in the datadir of the old directory, so I won't have to download the whole chain again?
Thanks.

Just replace the installation with the files of the new version and you won't need to sync the blockchain again. For more details, check: https://siawiki.tech/client/updating_the_interface
Activity: 896
Merit: 251
December 09, 2017, 02:29:52 PM
Because of disabling my account at Bittrex I could benefit of the previous rise to increase the number of my tokens by trading existed. I have submitted docs and hopeful to be able to start trading with my Sia coins there. I will move large amount and will let only small portion. Sia looking again in good movement.
Activity: 238
Merit: 100
December 09, 2017, 02:21:39 PM

Well just a regular update to inform us about what happen would help abit

Yup, at least that, to keep investors on track so that they dont loose faith after loosing a lot of money while holding on to SIA. Some regular updates here from the devs would really do good as well.
legendary
Activity: 1453
Merit: 1030
December 09, 2017, 02:11:55 PM
Can I run the forked client in the datadir of the old directory, so I won't have to download the whole chain again?
Thanks.
Activity: 168
Merit: 101
December 09, 2017, 12:20:30 PM
More people using Sia means more funding available to hire more developers. Cleverly thought...
Activity: 290
December 09, 2017, 12:13:51 PM
It is to bad, that devs are not active at least on twitter. It would help a lot. Of course not even mentioning better marketing. Please try to be more active on social network.

Second this. Better marketing could really be useful for SIA. I think there should be more marketing because SIA already got a working product. Not like many other projects that just talk about their future prospects but actually have nothing at all to show. These kind of projects often do alot of marketing efforts and therefore price of their coins/tokens gets pumped. I guess it would really do good for SIA to do some more aggresive marketing.

It's not ready for mass adoption. It doesn't have business grade stability and lacks certain features which are very important.

When it's ready, they'll advertise.
Well just a regular update to inform us about what happen would help abit
December 09, 2017, 11:39:29 AM
It is to bad, that devs are not active at least on twitter. It would help a lot. Of course not even mentioning better marketing. Please try to be more active on social network.

Second this. Better marketing could really be useful for SIA. I think there should be more marketing because SIA already got a working product. Not like many other projects that just talk about their future prospects but actually have nothing at all to show. These kind of projects often do alot of marketing efforts and therefore price of their coins/tokens gets pumped. I guess it would really do good for SIA to do some more aggresive marketing.

It's not ready for mass adoption. It doesn't have business grade stability and lacks certain features which are very important.

Alright, if so then this coin was also just a target of too early speculation as many in the space are. What features are you referring too? I thought that the SIA platform was already up and running for some time isnt it?
But in general I stick with my statement, marketing is key in this space, it has become more important than being able to deliver on your promises, therefore if you dont do it, other projects will have an advantage over you, even if your project has better features etc. I think one should not underestimate this in the current times.
Merit: 10
December 09, 2017, 05:52:27 AM
I'm watching volumes since early December. Is it somehow connected with buying before the ASIC?)))
It seems that the price of 50 satoshi, this is the final bottom, and I can not believe that in the summer I traded this coin for 700 satoshi.
Someone in the branch wrote that he was waiting for x20, which is quite possible.
Activity: 39
Merit: 0
December 09, 2017, 03:16:46 AM

Activity: 39
December 09, 2017, 03:07:47 AM
We need this to launch. I'm sitting on a lot of Sia. Cool concept but until it launches, it is just talk.

What you mean launch?

You've been able to host and rent for ages.
Activity: 216
Merit: 103
December 09, 2017, 12:18:16 AM
I think the storj's market manager was more active than the SIA
the community was more strong than the SIA,
so if the dev team would more active in market,I would hold it more.
December 08, 2017, 02:38:58 PM
How is sia different than stroj?
December 08, 2017, 02:09:22 PM

Activity: 1274
Merit: 511
December 08, 2017, 02:07:32 PM
does it exist another way to hold this siacoin than the official wallet?
like a light wallet or one online but serious and legit
Activity: 1834
Merit: 639
*Brute force will solve any Bitcoin problem*
December 08, 2017, 11:50:20 AM
Generally, the hardfork might help Sia's network to increase its ability to control difficulty fluctuations, particularly after ASICs for Sia officially distributed to customers and miners.

siacoin asics and siacoin siaberries going to be a game changer Wink hodl tight!<<<

https://poloniex.com/exchange#btc_sc
Activity: 247
Blockchain will change the world.
December 08, 2017, 10:42:19 AM
Activity: 50
December 08, 2017, 03:59:29 AM
Generally, the hardfork might help Sia's network to increase its ability to control difficulty fluctuations, particularly after ASICs for Sia officially distributed to customers and miners.
The fork also help to keep Sia network stable over time. It's good ideas from developers.
Activity: 40
December 08, 2017, 03:37:45 AM
Activity: 91
December 08, 2017, 01:48:17 AM
I upgraded to the current version of the SIA-UI (v 1.3). I tried to update the wallet, but it eventually stops working and gives me the error: "Invalid Argument". Anybody know how to fix this?
Put it all on the line and go for broke
December 08, 2017, 01:06:05 AM
We need this to launch. I'm sitting on a lot of Sia. Cool concept but until it launches, it is just talk.
Jump to: